PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't use this name in Beta

elrick mercer
03-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Rid****... Why? Now I know if you remove the first 3 letters you get a very vulgar word. But I mean come on!

I even found eyes that looked like they were microshine eyes of the actual character lol.

Xiiego94
03-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Rid****... Why? Now I know if you remove the first 3 letters you get a very vulgar word. But I mean come on!

I even found eyes that looked like they were microshine eyes of the actual character lol.hahahahahaha. Thats a bummer.

Jardian
03-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Chances are someone already had it.

AmishWarMachine
03-29-2013, 12:52 PM
That's kinda dumb, since that "vulgar" word is ALSO the socially accepted nickname for anyone named Richard.

velvet
03-29-2013, 12:53 PM

I even found eyes that looked like they were microshine eyes of the actual character lol.

It says in the ToU you cannot use copyriighted names

Khufu
03-29-2013, 01:00 PM
It says in the ToU you cannot use copyriighted names

When has that ever, ever stopped anyone? Really? I used a copyrighted name in beta and it worked just fine.

velvet
03-29-2013, 01:03 PM
When has that ever, ever stopped anyone? Really? I used a copyrighted name in beta and it worked just fine.

Then yeah its because of ol' Richard

AmishWarMachine
03-29-2013, 01:08 PM
GDDMT Richard!

Dr EveHill
03-29-2013, 01:58 PM
The first or given name Richard derives from German, French, and English "ric" (ruler, leader, king) and "hard" (strong, brave, court), therefore it means "powerful leader" as well as "King's Court"

a man named richard from the 40s or 50s nick named **** because he was a Detective named Richard aka **** RICK

heh funny rid**** led me on a journey today to the orgins of richard and ****.

elrick mercer
03-29-2013, 03:56 PM
I just think it's a little odd just because of the 4 letters lol. I have another name I can use though. Also his full name is Richard B. Rid**** and he becomes king of the necromongers at the end of the second movie LOL WOW!

Arsenic_Touch
03-29-2013, 04:51 PM
I can't use the name Arsenic either because of ARSE.
Despite the ability to click "show account names" in game and have it show up for everyone.
Since I was able to make Arsenic_Touch as an account name.
Makes sense doesn't it?
Plus there's all the F bombs the npcs drop, not that I mind the language, their rules on the other hand are absurd and I hope games eventually move away from such restrictions.

Spoke to cs about it and they said there's nothing they can do about it.

velvet
03-29-2013, 04:55 PM
I can't use the name Arsenic either because of ARSE.
Despite the ability to click "show account names" in game and have it show up for everyone.
Since I was able to make Arsenic_Touch as an account name.
Makes sense doesn't it?
Plus there's all the F bombs the npcs drop, not that I mind the language, their rules on the other hand are absurd and I hope games eventually move away from such restrictions.

Spoke to cs about it and they said there's nothing they can do about it.

What?! Arse is teen tops that's just trolling.......

Arsenic_Touch
03-29-2013, 04:59 PM
What?! Arse is teen tops that's just trolling.......

It was the same with battle.net when they rolled out the battletags for diablo 3. During the beta it said Arsenic_Touch wasn't allowed.
After raising hell in support, they eventually conceded their their censor software needed work, and when diablo 3 went live I was able to make Arsenic_Touch a battletag.

Unfortunately, I cannot override the bad name filters, so there is nothing I can do to let you keep your usual name. I understand how frustrating this must be for you, and I do see that the filter is kind of borderline-correct, but please understand that especially in a game like Defiance we have to pay close attention to abusive language.

Exact words of the cs rep.

velvet
03-29-2013, 05:05 PM
It was the same with battle.net when they rolled out the battletags for diablo 3. During the beta it said Arsenic_Touch wasn't allowed.
After raising hell in support, they eventually conceded their their censor software needed work, and when diablo 3 went live I was able to make Arsenic_Touch a battletag.

Exact words of the cs rep. did they forget its an adult game? I swear even the Pow cuss

Arsenic_Touch
03-29-2013, 05:14 PM
did they forget its an adult game? I swear even the Pow cuss

Well, rated M for mature. It's just hypocritical of them to ban it but allow me to make Arsenic_Touch as an account name, though since I made a stink about it, watch em make me change my account name.

velvet
03-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Well, rated M for mature. It's just hypocritical of them to ban it but allow me to make Arsenic_Touch as an account name, though since I made a stink about it, watch em make me change my account name.

And yet someone has the account name Hairybeaver.

Arsenic_Touch
03-29-2013, 05:23 PM
And yet someone has the account name Hairybeaver.

I did let it go because of how absurd it is but since I'm discussing it again, kind of irked me so I reopened the ticket.

velvet
03-29-2013, 05:45 PM
I did let it go because of how absurd it is but since I'm discussing it again, kind of irked me so I reopened the ticket.

With the names I saw in beta id keep it open too

a4nic8er
03-29-2013, 06:51 PM
I blame Richard Nixon, Tricky ****y's legacy lives on!