PDA

View Full Version : cancelling my gamestop preorder

velvet
03-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Gamestop isn't doing a midnight launch epic fail guys....... even my local walmart is shelving it at midnight.vwith the same bonus content. See if I wait.

DepreszD
03-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Gamestop isn't doing a midnight launch epic fail guys....... even my local walmart is shelving it at midnight.vwith the same bonus content. See if I wait.

I should do the same hell

Prpich25
03-29-2013, 12:55 PM

Depends on where you live, and the gamestop location. If the location is in a mall, they wont do a midnight release not unless they have an outside access door. At least the Gamestops around my area are like that.

velvet
03-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Ha ha its true I called my GS today.

velvet
03-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Depends on where you live, and the gamestop location. If the location is in a mall, they wont do a midnight release not unless they have an outside access door. At least the Gamestops around my area are like that.

No no this is a free standing store.

Prpich25
03-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Hmm, most times if there is alot of preorders at the store you are going to...I think the worker at game stop said something around 50+, they will have a midnight release. Maybe it wasnt enough, or like you said...An epic fail on that stores part.

velvet
03-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Hmm, most times if there is alot of preorders at the store you are going to...I think the worker at game stop said something around 50+, they will have a midnight release. Maybe it wasnt enough, or like you said...An epic fail on that stores part.

I'm hearing of a lot of the stores not doing it. Every one with a preorder should call the store they use:/

SSlarg
03-29-2013, 01:12 PM
well, since the servers don't go live until april 2nd anyway
I am quite happy to get my copy on the 2nd.

velvet
03-29-2013, 01:15 PM

Its all about the install.

DepreszD
03-29-2013, 01:20 PM

I just have alot to do Tuesday and dont want to add to my day

SSlarg
03-29-2013, 01:25 PM
I just have alot to do Tuesday and dont want to add to my day

my entire day is set aside for Defiance, install plus any patches.
I just can't wait!

Cael
03-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Well get it on Steam instead!

velvet
03-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Well get it on Steam instead!

Er.........no

hhkaal416
03-29-2013, 01:51 PM
I saw today on the gamestop website, that the release of the game, at least the normal edition, has changed to 5th instead of 2nd...Whats going on? :S

velvet
03-29-2013, 01:56 PM
I saw today on the gamestop website, that the release of the game, at least the normal edition, has changed to 5th instead of 2nd...Whats going on? :S

Just checked. Says 04/02/2013

hhkaal416
03-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Just checked. Says 04/02/2013

Still weird :S
Well i checked on the spanish website...I thought that the Collectors Edition and Ultimate Edition were delayed only, not the standard edition..

velvet
03-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Still weird :S
Well i checked on the spanish website...I thought that the Collectors Edition and Ultimate Edition were delayed only, not the standard edition..

Maybe its based by country.......it got cancled in holland I heard

Masoner
03-29-2013, 02:11 PM
OR you can get a good night sleep then go and get your game after you've had breakfast and coffee, that way you can enjoy the game to its fullest.

I went to the midnight release of the Sega Dreamcast, 9/9/99 it was awesome but I fell asleep after a few hours of playing.

velvet
03-29-2013, 02:14 PM
OR you can get a good night sleep then go and get your game after you've had breakfast and coffee, that way you can enjoy the game to its fullest.

I went to the midnight release of the Sega Dreamcast, 9/9/99 it was awesome but I fell asleep after a few hours of playing. oh I feel for you. Midnight launch gets me going though. But as stated you can't play till the second. I just want to get the install out of the way

Masoner
03-29-2013, 02:16 PM
oh I feel for you. Midnight launch gets me going though. But as stated you can't play till the second. I just want to get the install out of the way

So there was these two bulls up on the hill, the younger one said to the older one "Hey lets charge down there and get on two of those cows. The Older Bull said "Hey why don't we walk down the hill and get them all".

velvet
03-29-2013, 02:19 PM
So there was these two bulls up on the hill, the younger one said to the older one "Hey lets charge down there and get on two of those cows. The Older Bull said "Hey why don't we walk down the hill and get them all".

That's why I'm doing my install the day before. So there is no rush when it goes live

zartanyen
03-29-2013, 02:27 PM

You can get it at midnight at wally world thats great.

Don't blame a store or company if this game is not selling well enough for them to warrant the time and money to put into releasing it at midnight.

Theirs a lot that goes into it to decide if it is worth it Example employees they have to pay over time, utilities, and for inside a mall teaming up with security to have doors open and a line watched.

For borderlands 2 every freestanding game stop was open at midnight some of the malls where not, for halo 4 and diablo 3 all stores where open at midnight, it all depends on the number of people ordering I am near a major city ( Phoenix) and a college town ( Tempe) and their are not many if any midnight releases around here it just did not do that well in pre orders.

Midnight release would have been great with out it do to work I probably will not be getting mine till friday so my UE sit's their because I can't pick it up till then and was told they would be doing a midnight release when I pre ordered my copies but now their not.

Just the way it goes with gamestop.

DamianThorn
03-29-2013, 02:31 PM

Did you preorder from Walmart?
If not,are you sure you still get the bonuses?

I'm just curious,as I'm going to my local Walmart as well,it would be cool to get the bonuses even if I didn't preorder.

velvet
03-29-2013, 02:32 PM
You can get it at midnight at wally world thats great.

Don't blame a store or company if this game is not selling well enough for them to warrant the time and money to put into releasing it at midnight.

Theirs a lot that goes into it to decide if it is worth it Example employees they have to pay over time, utilities, and for inside a mall teaming up with security to have doors open and a line watched.

For borderlands 2 every freestanding game stop was open at midnight some of the malls where not, for halo 4 and diablo 3 all stores where open at midnight, it all depends on the number of people ordering I am near a major city ( Phoenix) and a college town ( Tempe) and their are not many if any midnight releases around here it just did not do that well in pre orders.

Midnight release would have been great with out it do to work I probably will not be getting mine till friday so my UE sit's their because I can't pick it up till then and was told they would be doing a midnight release when I pre ordered my copies but now their not.

Just the way it goes with gamestop.
Its not that I'm mad they aren't. I'm mad I was told they had the orders to do it when I put in my order. They just aren't doing it now

MR_CHEWYNumNums
03-29-2013, 03:01 PM
I've read somewhere on here that twitter said the servers are live @ midnight.

velvet
03-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Did you preorder from Walmart?
If not,are you sure you still get the bonuses?

I'm just curious,as I'm going to my local Walmart as well,it would be cool to get the bonuses even if I didn't preorder.
You get them if you buy the preorder card

nathanpbutler
03-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Of course, there's no benefit of canceling a Gamestop order in order to go to Wal-Mart instead if you're in extreme hype mode, since that likely means ordering an Ultimate Edition, which is a Gamestop exclusive...

velvet
03-29-2013, 03:04 PM
I've read somewhere on here that twitter said the servers are live @ midnight.

Let's hope! Defiance and all that

velvet
03-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Of course, there's no benefit of canceling a Gamestop order in order to go to Wal-Mart instead if you're in extreme hype mode, since that likely means ordering an Ultimate Edition, which is a Gamestop exclusive...

Nah I'm broke atm. : / its normal copy for me saddly

FP x SNUBKILLER
03-29-2013, 03:09 PM
i would preorder elsewhere but i have 60 bucks in store credit so i will wait until tuesday morning.

velvet
03-29-2013, 03:10 PM
i would preorder elsewhere but i have 60 bucks in store credit so i will wait until tuesday morning.

Understand that lol

Masoner
03-29-2013, 03:35 PM
My local gamestop is out of everything cept the basic game.

velvet
03-29-2013, 03:39 PM
My local gamestop is out of everything cept the basic game.

Mine had the LE I just don't have the green

JohnnyInk
03-29-2013, 03:42 PM

Literally assumed it was only your location or something, so I call my GS, and he gave me a fcking no he will not be midnight releasing. That sucks monkey balls, See ya'll at 10am..

velvet
03-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Literally assumed it was only your location or something, so I call my GS, and he gave me a fcking no he will not be midnight releasing. That sucks monkey balls, See ya'll at 10am..

Iv heard it from more then one store so far it may be all of them.

SumMischief
03-29-2013, 03:47 PM
I making a four day Sumday.... That's what I call my days for gaming. So if anyone looking to play add me Sum-Mischief. Also visit our site .... a place to be if you love gaming. Anywho .. send friend invites

Masoner
03-29-2013, 03:50 PM
I payed full for two copies of the collectors edition, I just called to see if they were taken any more.

So A) they didn't make enough or B) they didn't think it would be this popular or C) all of the above.

velvet
03-29-2013, 04:06 PM
I payed full for two copies of the collectors edition, I just called to see if they were taken any more.

So A) they didn't make enough or B) they didn't think it would be this popular or C) all of the above.

This is why I usually don't preorder. And never from gamestop. They always have a reason.

SETit_allABLAZE
03-29-2013, 04:08 PM

The servers are up at midnight, so getting it early will still be awesome. Trion stated that it will be midnight Eastern time, so i guess it depends where you live.

velvet
03-29-2013, 04:13 PM
The servers are up at midnight, so getting it early will still be awesome. Trion stated that it will be midnight Eastern time, so i guess it depends where you live.

Yus! Gunna go get my wally world preorder. Tired of getting bent over the barrel by gamestop.

Space_Monky
03-29-2013, 05:08 PM
my gamestop is closing at 8pm and opening back up at 11pm for a midnight release.

neener neener?

velvet
03-29-2013, 05:11 PM
my gamestop is closing at 8pm and opening back up at 11pm for a midnight release.

neener neener?

Not really a win as I will be the only person picking it up at my wallmart. In and out boom. GS has so many lines on release

Ookami Soldier
03-29-2013, 05:29 PM

As an employee of GameStop, you need:

A certain quota of pre-orders
OK'd by district managers
People able to work it
If GS is in a mall, the cost of keeping the doors open

Gamestops get their pre-orders in a few days before release, so if they already have their shipment and you pre-order 2 days before release, there is a good chance they won't get it in til after.

JohnnyInk
03-29-2013, 05:32 PM
As an employee of GameStop, you need:

A certain quota of pre-orders
OK'd by district managers
People able to work it
If GS is in a mall, the cost of keeping the doors open

Gamestops get their pre-orders in a few days before release, so if they already have their shipment and you pre-order 2 days before release, there is a good chance they won't get it in til after.

If there's a cool enough employee, could they give me my game that monday night before they close?

rocco1986
03-29-2013, 10:21 PM
If there's a cool enough employee, could they give me my game that monday night before they close?

No, in fact Trion could sue the store and/or Ban those that get it early. Happened with halo 4 some people got it early from stores and were banned.

Desidus
03-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Doubt it would matter all that much anyways since you won't be able to get in game till the servers open and you are allowed to patch.

CeissaDesiste
03-30-2013, 02:39 AM
Depending on the area where the store (Gamestop) is and how many pre-orders they have determine if they have a midnight release.

My district requires a store to have 75 pre-orders on a title to be able to have a midnight release. My store has about 20 and that's only because I've been talking everyone's ears off about this game. I'm upset too about not getting mine at midnight, but knowing I get an employee discount makes up for it since I have 3 copies to pick up.

MstrJedi_Kyle
03-30-2013, 02:44 AM
I work nights and can't pick up my copy at midnight anyway.

Dr D Wayne Love
03-30-2013, 02:51 AM
What is the point of buying the game at midnight if the servers won't be open for another 8 hours anyway?

6Strummer
03-30-2013, 10:59 AM
My GameStop won't be having a midnight launch either, but I'll pick it up as soon as the store opens, get the install started, and do anything that needs doing to kill time.

SSlarg
03-30-2013, 11:02 AM
My GameStop won't be having a midnight launch either, but I'll pick it up as soon as the store opens, get the install started, and do anything that needs doing to kill time.

agreed ;)

johnnydragon
03-30-2013, 04:19 PM
REALLY ? How long could install from disc take 20 min !

velvet
03-30-2013, 04:24 PM
REALLY ? How long could install from disc take 20 min !

You never installed an mmo have you? It took atleast three hours to install dcuo get some facts mate

Prpich25
03-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Well....I was told when i preorder, this at a standing location, that they were all ready for the midnight release...Called my gamestop today just to confirm, they told me its not going to happen now. Oh well...Would of loved to have it all ready the night of release, maybe called in sick to work and gamed all night and day. Guess i will do it after work now.