PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up w/ Rep Titles

Evolution
08-01-2013, 05:42 AM
Seriously...

60 days of contract farming to earn a BS title like "Enforcer" or "Supplier" is just plain silly.

10 Rep per daily + 50 rep per weekly = 60 days to earn 1000 rep.

2 months...

How can you even justify...

I just can't believe it... this can't be...

I mean... Really?

:confused:

At-least buy me a drink 1st.

Maitreakow
08-01-2013, 05:44 AM
I must have missed seeing the person holding a gun to your head making you get these titles...

MaxSterling
08-01-2013, 05:51 AM
I was hoping that purchasing the titles would no longer require you to use rep points to purchase their items.

Maitreakow
08-01-2013, 05:53 AM
I was hoping that purchasing the titles would no longer require you to use rep points to purchase their items.

Now THAT is an excellent idea. Anyone managed to buy the title yet that can chime in on this?

I personally am getting titles because I enjoy setting goals for myself and then accomplishing them. Kinda what this game is about IMHO. You can have as much fun as you have imagination...

Evolution
08-01-2013, 05:54 AM
I must have missed seeing the person holding a gun to your head making you get these titles...

LMAO!

Yep, your right... It's my own fault. I should have known better.

KBob
08-01-2013, 05:54 AM

great idea

Evolution
08-01-2013, 06:05 AM
You can have as much fun as you have imagination...

Now THAT is priceless... What a great Idea!

If I pretend that those titles are actually worth 1000 rep, then I can be happy. :D

Problem solved. :o

LoL!

treadingwater
08-01-2013, 06:16 AM
Should have just done what WoW and other MMOs did and rewarded the title at the highest reputation. No way I'm buying regrinding echelon after I buy my 10 items.

MartyrMarcus
08-01-2013, 06:35 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you never had the great joy of doing any of the rep farms in WoW. (Edit: before you could buy them all easily) Yeah you got the title at the end of it for free, but it took a hell of a lot longer. Jekking crusader title was not worth the amount of dailies I ended up doing.

L Y
08-01-2013, 06:42 AM
I have all Of them except for Echelon. I rarely get the daily for it and the weekly is 50 50
I never have enough time I always run out before I can finish it

treadingwater
08-01-2013, 07:50 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you never had the great joy of doing any of the rep farms in WoW. (Edit: before you could buy them all easily) Yeah you got the title at the end of it for free, but it took a hell of a lot longer. Jekking crusader title was not worth the amount of dailies I ended up doing.

Many titles you could get a lot quicker if you wanted to grind mobs though. There's no option to do that in Defiance and you're gated by the maximum amount of rep you can get each day.

theLimper
08-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Clan mates recommended I save up and get the titles which I am since the actual weapons aren't impressive to me. I view it as a low priority though

Anthalus
08-01-2013, 08:31 AM
The titles should give minor bonuses related to the name so for example miner could give you a 1% ark salvage bonus, if you make them all minor then they could stack or make them a bit better so only the one you are displaying makes a difference. Free items would be ok as long as the Synergy Mod caches are not included as it would make them even more worthless with millions of them floating around.

NinjaofSmoke
08-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Ttitles should at least give an attribute to them. Given if you aquired any of the title for combat; that title of your wants should grant you at least 5% of anything that holds in that title.

Krauser
08-01-2013, 09:34 AM
I have plenty of titles as it is.

NinjaofSmoke
08-01-2013, 09:47 AM
I have plenty of titles as it is.

None which do smack for helping you along in the game. The grind may be rewarding just to get the shoddy title, but it never last long.

PhonJam
08-01-2013, 09:55 AM
I have all Of them except for Echelon. I rarely get the daily for it and the weekly is 50 50
I never have enough time I always run out before I can finish it

When motivated, I can complete all daily by ignoring Echelon. Wayyyyyyy too time consuming for the two hours I have in the evening.

cusman
08-01-2013, 10:18 AM

I purchased the Titles for Supplier, Associate, and Enforcer. There is no benefit whether you have bought them or have the title equipped. It is just an easy way to spend 1000 hard-earned Rep points for that faction.

When are 100% done with all pursuits, then you find other meaningless goals to "play toward". So I am leveling all my weapons and have that Echelon Quartermaster title still outstanding.

I thought I read somewhere the DLC will come with faction Vendor shops selling the Charged weapons (to people that have bought DLC). So the Rep points will become valuable if those charge weapons are any good. But once you reach 1000 and have nothing else that you want to buy, then might as well get that Title out of the way.

The reason there is nothing else to buy is the Synergy weapons they have in faction vendors don't go with the synergy mods they distribute and it is all a waste of hard-earned Rep points. I would rather buy something useless that doesn't take up inventory space than bunch of useless weapons/mods that don't go together and do use up inventory.

Bored Peon
08-01-2013, 12:50 PM

If it was a non-raid reputation (ie daily quests not reputation only earned in raids) it was an average of 3-4 weeks to earn max reputations in WOW.

MartyrMarcus
08-01-2013, 01:13 PM
If it was a non-raid reputation (ie daily quests not reputation only earned in raids) it was an average of 3-4 weeks to earn max reputations in WOW.

Yeah that's why I said the crusader title. That was a meta title. You had to do 3-4 weeks for each faction at the argent tournament. It was ****ing horrible, but my god I wanted that title back in wrath.

Yewa
08-01-2013, 01:24 PM
they should track your lifetime rep points for each faction and reward you the respective title when you have earned 1000 points with a faction.

IMO they should revamp this reputation system entirely. Makes no sense using reputation as currency and you actually losing reputation when buying from a faction vendor. In other words, you lose reputation for doing business and giving money to a faction. Unless theres no money involved and you act like you are calling in a favor, that would make more sense.

Orbital
08-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Now THAT is an excellent idea. Anyone managed to buy the title yet that can chime in on this?

I personally am getting titles because I enjoy setting goals for myself and then accomplishing them. Kinda what this game is about IMHO. You can have as much fun as you have imagination...

I've finished getting all of the titles myself now, I wasn't doing pvp while the pursuits were all broken so I was pretty far behind in echelon. Plus I was mostly only doing the weekly contracts, and a few of the easier dailies. Like someone mentioned, you're not required to get them. I just got them because there was really nothing else in the vendor I wanted, and I felt like getting the most expensive one out of the way first.

Reichlyn
08-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Its the most worthless, pointless aspect of the game. It needs a MAJOR revamping. Id love to know who the idiot was that was in charge of the faction and how it works. They should be fired for having the most piss poor imagination and creativity Ive ever seen. An 8 year old couldve done a better job with it.

Evolution
08-01-2013, 06:12 PM
My complaint isn't that it takes 60 days to earn 1k rep. That doesn't bother me at all. I don't even care that titles are worthless with no inherent benefits.

My problem is simple... I just couldn't believe that someone out there actually thought that charging 60 days worth of rep for a title like "enforcer" and nothing more, was a reasonable/logical/intelligent decision.

I couldn't believe that no one on the dev team didn't go "Hey, maybe that's a bit over priced."

But after reading some of these replies I see where I made my error. Instead of acknowledging its ridiculousness, I should just be grateful that it isn't worse. After all, they could have made it take 4 moths to earn 1000 rep & charged an additional 1,000,000 scrip to get that title.

When you look at it that way, it doesn't seem so bad...

Evolution
08-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Here's an Idea...

Why not attach different PVP outfits to the 1000 rep Titles.

At least you'll have something to look at for your invested time.

DeadMike
08-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Gotta do something with all that rep when you don't need the junk guns that the rep vendors sell.

Wakbag
08-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Here's an Idea...
Why not attach different PVP outfits to the 1000 rep Titles.

At least you'll have something to look at for your invested time.

Will I actually be able to equip said armour or will it be in theory only?

crasher
08-02-2013, 02:19 AM
Will I actually be able to equip said armour or will it be in theory only?
For the most part it usually doesn't seem to matter. Everyone tends to look the same at A-falls, when they're not morphing 3 times/second, and armour has no protective value.

I'm sticking with the Keys Marine, myself, and I'm not trying to convince anyone my decision is the best one.