PDA

View Full Version : im new.

FrostXx
08-01-2013, 04:17 PM
hey guys just got the game b/c $9.99 for this game is a steal. just a couple of questions. I saw some people have red colored weapons, what kinds r they and I would like to join a group/alliance for some co-op stuff and just to play with people. thx for reading and peace!\

In-Game: FrostXx

also when I mean red colored weapons I meant red colored names. like rarity colors.

Sanguinesun
08-01-2013, 06:06 PM
hey guys just got the game b/c $9.99 for this game is a steal. just a couple of questions. I saw some people have red colored weapons, what kinds r they and I would like to join a group/alliance for some co-op stuff and just to play with people. thx for reading and peace!\

Read the guides and use search on the forums. For the most part colors are meaningless, this goes for both the in game and meta game colors of them in your inventory(ie white(common) green(uncommon) blue(rare) etc etc). You get very little control (none really) over the look of your gun beyond mods(and you cant choose the color really).

You should pay attention to your weapon's exp bar, As the weapon levels, your personal skill in that weapon levels. If your weapon's exp bar max's, you gain no further personal skill in that weapon unless you 1. use a new weapon of the same category(assault rifle, sniper etc) or 2. You use the salvage matrix system to "reset the weapon skill".

That's the most important point for you to keep an eye on with your weapons... not how they look.

FrostXx
08-01-2013, 07:12 PM
thx a lot :)

Heinzlee
08-01-2013, 08:08 PM

In my signature is a post with all the most useful guides linked into it.

Take a look through the How To guide for when you're in the bay area.
It's big, but there's a lot of basic information to pick up.
Investing some time here save you in the long run.

If you're on PC NA, CORE is a fairly large clan that runs regular events and large enough to help you with your social pursuits.

Kyosji
08-02-2013, 06:42 AM
If you are referring on their whole arm and gun glowing, then that's overcharge.

Whippersnapper
08-02-2013, 10:03 PM
I think the highest rarity color is orange. Not red.

It is true that color (rarity) is misleading, but an orange gun has a better chance to be good, than a white gun. Orange guns cost more to mod, reset, etc. So a white gun is better for grinding unless you want specific perks that the other guns have. gun bonuses are minor so it can sometimes be hard to distinguish between a good or bad gun.

Example: I got an orange LMG today with a 75 magazine, a nano effect, synergy, crit bonus, fire rate bonus, and nade recharge bonus, but it does 116dmg per shot instead of 404, 350, or at least 200dmg like other LMGs do. Which ruins an otherwise nice gun. Compared to that, a green 400dmg gun with a nade or ego charge bonus and nano effect would be better.

WARDUKE
08-03-2013, 11:23 AM
pretty sure he is referring to the overcharge effect.

Havokrat
08-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Read the guides and use search on the forums. For the most part colors are meaningless, this goes for both the in game and meta game colors of them in your inventory(ie white(common) green(uncommon) blue(rare) etc etc). You get very little control (none really) over the look of your gun beyond mods(and you cant choose the color really).

You should pay attention to your weapon's exp bar, As the weapon levels, your personal skill in that weapon levels. If your weapon's exp bar max's, you gain no further personal skill in that weapon unless you 1. use a new weapon of the same category(assault rifle, sniper etc) or 2. You use the salvage matrix system to "reset the weapon skill".

That's the most important point for you to keep an eye on with your weapons... not how they look.

I agree with you Sang...you hit the nail on the head.