PDA

View Full Version : Any idea if there are world firsts?

Santana Ortega
03-29-2013, 02:51 PM
In many MMO's there are achievements or chat notifications that some one or some guild has accomplished a "First" for something. Be an event or finding something , killing a boss etc...are there world firsts?

GarfrostPAX
03-29-2013, 02:55 PM
I hope not. Just so I can watch people rage they have no purpose in their 72 hour straight grind and how the game sucks because they decided to rush instead of just enjoying the game's content over time. I mean, what's the purpose of buying a game, rushing through it in a day or two and then whining you're bored? How much of the game have you REALLY seen and done in a sense that you can remember then?

No really, those people annoy me to no end.

EdgeTW
03-29-2013, 03:04 PM
I think, generally, the only people who remember world firsts are the people who did them.

Nobody remembers my world firsts. /cry

Acknowledge me..!

:)

dreadburn
03-29-2013, 03:05 PM
I mean, what's the purpose of buying a game, rushing through it in a day or two and then whining you're bored?

And then asking when the next expansion is out ;)

Mcdragon
03-29-2013, 03:06 PM
whats it matter to you if someone rushes through or not? not every person cries about maxing out so fast and not having something to do

dreadburn
03-29-2013, 03:15 PM
whats it matter to you if someone rushes through or not? not every person cries about maxing out so fast and not having something to do

They can rush as fast as they like thats not the point. It's when they feel the need to share with the forums that they are so epic and have completed everything in the game in 2 days ( exaggeration ;) ) , that they are now bored and have nothing to do and the hope Trion will hurry up and rush out the next expansion.

I have totally exaggerated my example, but i'm guessing Trion is designing the game around what it believes the average gamer to be, not some super uber epic proskillz god of gaming.

EdgeTW
03-29-2013, 03:33 PM
They can rush as fast as they like thats not the point. It's when they feel the need to share with the forums that they are so epic and have completed everything in the game in 2 days ( exaggeration ;) ) , that they are now bored and have nothing to do and the hope Trion will hurry up and rush out the next expansion.

I have totally exaggerated my example, but i'm guessing Trion is designing the game around what it believes the average gamer to be, not some super uber epic proskillz god of gaming.

You are, sadly, not exaggerating at all. I have seen way too many people reach max level before the head start was over in other games and demand to know what is next.

Ralph
03-29-2013, 04:02 PM
I never rushed to get those achievements, but I did power level a few toons on other games to catch up with friends who had been playing much longer. It was a nice surprise to get an achievement every once in a while for exploring, or crafting a recipie that was skipped when everybody was rushing to the endgame. Either way, I plan on leaving no job unturned before moving on to the next zone in this one.

Saraya
03-29-2013, 04:45 PM

And of equal merit, they've not catered to fluff socialites who are at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Skydive
03-29-2013, 05:13 PM
World firsts can be seen as both positive and negative. Being the first player on SWG across all servers to get the cold blooded killer, was my way of saying to every SWG player, this my official "I have NO life title". Anyone familiar with that title and game will know exactly why.

It does add something for a niche group of hardcore players to do, but equally as I have mentioned it can also be seen as a negative thing about the player that achieved it. I for one amongst many can happily laugh about it, but not all people do.

Achievements are already in the game, you can see them from one of the sub menus and are important as they unlock costumes. I don't see any harm in world firsts, but I can understand why some people don't want them, its usually an ego thing. To be honest if a person is socially secure about themselves, they're not really going to be concerned about someone else bashing their chests, in fact they're probably much more likely to look down on the person chest pounding.

However should the developers devote time to add this feature in, I don't see the point whilst there are many more areas the game can add to first, namely crafting!

Ralph
03-29-2013, 05:30 PM
well said Skydive

Dixa
03-29-2013, 07:26 PM
In many MMO's there are achievements or chat notifications that some one or some guild has accomplished a "First" for something. Be an event or finding something , killing a boss etc...are there world firsts?

these are things you only find in progression-based raiding mmorpg's or the occaisonal action rpg.

the last progression-based raiding mmorpg released was swtor. the next one looks to be wildstar

so to answer your question - no

peekayboo
03-29-2013, 07:36 PM
I heard the first to r5000 is going to be the player used in the show

gOn
03-29-2013, 07:39 PM

with that said, you just made the no-life epic hardcore players get that in 3 days, and they will start complaining about lack of content within a week.

Xeex
03-29-2013, 07:41 PM
lawlz. world firsts. who caaaaaaares. " i was the first to blah blah blah" and so it got spammed across the world. why? so my epeen could imagine itself slightly less small.

I pray there are no world firsts. And if they ever do, i will be sure notice op just a liiiiiittle bit more in pvp ;)

atlantix
03-29-2013, 09:07 PM
world first is always something fun
after all 17 years of gaming and i achieved only a single world first end-game boss kill..
i had couple top 10 or eu first kills but world first is something rare and hard to achieve..
i respect any world first

Broken Drum
03-29-2013, 09:11 PM
There are the timed events - for all the world and gods to see.

Actually the worlds first 3, heh heh

Travie
03-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Well, for me, I plan on being a pursuit junkie... but who cares about getting it first?

Just losing yourself in another world for a couple days is enough :)

Dixa
03-29-2013, 09:32 PM

i doubt that, as the alpha players would have a huge advantage in such a feat

Enigma
03-29-2013, 09:36 PM

I highly doubt this is true, and if it was, I can already see someone along the likes of "iTbagYOURmom" being the first person to that EGO rating.

Broken Drum
03-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Goofy or Odd names has already been discussed on one of the video feeds. Do not be disappointed if you are Da Bomb and do not get picked because of your console name.

Ralph
03-30-2013, 05:58 AM

I would bet that the toon's name might be added to a bit actor with maybe one line. There's no way that the TV show would risk some gamer on air that had a face for radio, and a voice that could make helen keller cry.

HansKisaragi
03-30-2013, 06:02 AM
I hope not.. Anyone rushing through content and then jumps on the forum and start whining about lack of content needs to be banned from playing mmos