PDA

View Full Version : Why cant i login to the game at all?

Albion
08-01-2013, 07:31 PM
I can get to the character screen, but after that, it just says "your connection to the server has timed out". Tried many times. All my friends are online playing normally. Seems like im the only one with this issue.

Xbox NA server

Iceberg
08-01-2013, 07:33 PM
You able to switch to the EU server and connect to that?

Albion
08-01-2013, 07:33 PM
You able to switch to the EU server and connect to that?

No, im on Xbox, stuck with the NA server...

Iceberg
08-01-2013, 07:34 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?116307-Error-2025-Unable-to-Login-to-Game-or-Forums-Website

See if this relates to your issues.

Albion
08-01-2013, 07:37 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?116307-Error-2025-Unable-to-Login-to-Game-or-Forums-Website

See if this relates to your issues.

Thx, just saw that. Im not on either of those cable systems though, I use Charter.

NoRespectForBrowncoats
08-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Thx, just saw that. Im not on either of those cable systems though, I use Charter.

having same issue my son down stairs can play but I cant wtf lol

Albion
08-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Great...I told one of my friends to pick up the game, he bought it and is online now...and im telling him I cant even get online at all.

Why does this not surprise me?

Sanguinesun
08-01-2013, 07:46 PM

Do you know if your isp goes through one of those before reaching defiance tho? Not saying it would be harmed in that manner but just curious.

Gax63
08-01-2013, 07:47 PM
I also cannot connect with my xbox. I get a time out error while loading.

Albion
08-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Do you know if your isp goes through one of those before reaching defiance tho? Not saying it would be harmed in that manner but just curious.

Good point. I dont know the answer to that.

Blight Wolf
08-01-2013, 08:05 PM
I am having same problem. I'm located in Minnesota and having exact same issues. This is whats making me more excited for Diablo 3. Every time I turn around something wrong is always happening with this game. I love the game, but will never buy another game from Trion again.

Albion
08-01-2013, 08:09 PM
You are so right! Every day, another issue. Its like 1995 and im back on my old PC trying to make a game work. When Diablo 3 comes out, this game is done.

r2nddan
08-01-2013, 08:13 PM
same problem. i keep giving this game another chance and it keeps disappointing me.

Valethar
08-01-2013, 08:27 PM
LOL If you think D3 is a gift from heaven, you're going to be sorely disappointed. Especially when you find out the Auction House uses real money.

Oops, is that considered a spoiler? :eek:

Iceberg
08-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Nothing new to report from twitter i am afraid, their last post was 2 days ago. So all we have to go on is that sticky and thats it, have not seen any community people or devs/admin chime in about this.

Valethar
08-01-2013, 08:32 PM
I did a quick Google search, but couldn't find anything solid on this.. Is there a way to do a traceroute to the console servers? That would possibly tell you where the bottleneck is, especially if it's related to the ISP's mentioned in the thread linked earlier.

Albion
08-01-2013, 08:40 PM
LOL If you think D3 is a gift from heaven, you're going to be sorely disappointed. Especially when you find out the Auction House uses real money.

Oops, is that considered a spoiler? :eek:

You are wrong. There is no real money AH on the console versions of D3. I kind of wish there was, actually.

Blight Wolf
08-01-2013, 08:45 PM
So there is no difference between Diablo 2 and 3.... Good. If you want something from Trion you have to buy it too. But if I know blizzard they at least run a tight ship. More people play call of duty and hardly ever have server problems. Trion fired a crap load of people right before releasing this game. This is why you do not run a mmo on a skeleton crew. This is why things don't get fixed. Its corporate politics at its finest

Xaearth
08-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Just putting it out there, but I (personally) experienced more downtime in a month of D3 than I have in Defiance since launch.

Blight Wolf
08-01-2013, 08:51 PM
I was just playing for 2 minutes to be kicked from servers and then put in a server queue 34 estimates 1 min then 2 min and now 4 min. BS. Trion is straight up bs.

doubleshot27
08-01-2013, 08:57 PM
im 38!!!! well get in tomorrow dont worry

Blight Wolf
08-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Now it's six minutes. What the hell kind of queue goes the opposite direction. Trion must be of their fricken minds to think I will sink another dime on a mythical dlc or anything else when they can't fix what is already supposed to be running. Oh look 7 minutes. Plus its been longer then what wait was supposed to be

Xaearth
08-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Now it's six minutes. What the hell kind of queue goes the opposite direction. Trion must be of their fricken minds to think I will sink another dime on a mythical dlc or anything else when they can't fix what is already supposed to be running. Oh look 7 minutes. Plus its been longer then what wait was supposed to be

Q: What the hell kind of queue goes the opposite direction?

A: The kind that only works when the server (be it game, character database, or authentication/login) is down.

PS: D3 had mystical backwards queues too, just so you aren't too disappointed.

Blight Wolf
08-01-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm not on a pc. I'm on Xbox. This is the first game that has ever done this crap that I've played on xbox. Plus I have now been staring at 6 minutes for over 6 minutes. If you're such a Trion fan then continue your loyalty, but other people have the right to ***** about something they paid for and can't use.

Reichlyn
08-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Q: What the hell kind of queue goes the opposite direction?

A: The kind that only works when the server (be it game, character database, or authentication/login) is down.

PS: D3 had mystical backwards queues too, just so you aren't too disappointed.

And I agree, I still cant believe they havent put keycodes back into emergencies. Not even 1 keycode? Cmon Trion! If you arent going to add keycodes to emergencies at least add SOMETHING to them. Something that at least makes them worth doing. I just drive right past them anymore unless I get bored and wanna shoot something just to shoot something. No point to them.

Xaearth
08-01-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm not on a pc. I'm on Xbox. This is the first game that has ever done this crap that I've played on xbox. Plus I have now been staring at 6 minutes for over 6 minutes. If you're such a Trion fan then continue your loyalty, but other people have the right to ***** about something they paid for and can't use.

I'm not a Trion fan.

I just find it highly entertaining the number of XBox users that don't have a clue as to the issues that the rest of the world considers commonplace for any MMO-ish game.

Bonus points if said XBox user appears to be a rabid Blizzard fanboy. :p

Blight Wolf
08-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Still staring at 6 minutes

Albion
08-01-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm not a Trion fan.

I just find it highly entertaining the number of XBox users that don't have a clue as to the issues that the rest of the world considers commonplace for any MMO-ish game.

Bonus points if said XBox user appears to be a rabid Blizzard fanboy. :p

Well, I guess us Xbox players are spoiled then. We are used to buying a game and, crazy as it sounds, actually playing it.

Blight Wolf
08-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Now it says 23 hours, 49 minutes. What the hell

doubleshot27
08-01-2013, 09:16 PM

im at a day now what fun

trollin all day
08-01-2013, 09:17 PM
No joke.. estimated time remaining on mine says "14 Days" LOOOOOOOOOOL

Xaearth
08-01-2013, 09:19 PM
No joke.. estimated time remaining on mine says "14 Days" LOOOOOOOOOOL

Ooooh early leaked DLC date anyone?

trollin all day
08-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Ooooh early leaked DLC date anyone?

Welp.. they just pushed the DLC back again.... 15 Days now..

Blight Wolf
08-01-2013, 09:21 PM

Blight Wolf
08-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Time for a Eureka marathon on Netflix

spiral82
08-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Bought Defiance today... I'm not a huge gamer anymore, don't have much time for it, but figured i'd give defiance a try. After an hour long patching process I get my kids in bed... settle in for what i expected to be a long night of breaking into this game and now i'm stuck in a 19 day queue to even begin playing the game, and from reading through the forums here it seems this is a common thing, that certain people seem to just be ok with and tolerate??? i spent money on this game and expect to be able to sit down and play it when i want to. NOT wait until servers are up and ready. it's software, so it's not like i can take it back and get my money back... i'm stuck with it. i'm an IT guy.. i get that things happen, but you find the problem and fix it not let it continue for months and months... Take the money made on sales and put it towards more or better servers (or possibly techs that know a thing or two) instead of padding your pockets with it. Talk about a let down. Netflix here i come. What a freakin waste...

Xaearth
08-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Bought Defiance today... I'm not a huge gamer anymore, don't have much time for it, but figured i'd give defiance a try. After an hour long patching process I get my kids in bed... settle in for what i expected to be a long night of breaking into this game and now i'm stuck in a 19 day queue to even begin playing the game, and from reading through the forums here it seems this is a common thing, that certain people seem to just be ok with and tolerate??? i spent money on this game and expect to be able to sit down and play it when i want to. NOT wait until servers are up and ready. it's software, so it's not like i can take it back and get my money back... i'm stuck with it. i'm an IT guy.. i get that things happen, but you find the problem and fix it not let it continue for months and months... Take the money made on sales and put it towards more or better servers (or possibly techs that know a thing or two) instead of padding your pockets with it. Talk about a let down. Netflix here i come. What a freakin waste...

Uh... no one said it was common...

I said that those of us who play on anything other than XBox realize that >some< downtime is commonplace nowadays for online games. I didn't say this was a common example of it.

Shtako happens and you just have to live with it. Shtako tends to happen more often when servers are involved.

If it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure this is only the second time since launch this particular problem has occurred, and that's assuming it's the same problem that caused the last "everyone on XBox servers stuck in a queue limbo between login and gameplay" bug.

PS: I may be having a bit more fun at the expense of you folks than I should, but the fact that the responses here are exactly like they were the one other time this ever happened is just too freaking hilarious, it's almost like XBox people have never experienced a hiccup in the internet before.

DARKSTAR
08-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Que Position: 1784

Estimated time remaining: 101 Days

I WIN!

Xaearth
08-01-2013, 09:55 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?116387-Xbox-NA-Shard-Restart-%28Aug-1-10-05pm-PT%29

x Eternal Oddyssey x
08-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Welp.. they just pushed the DLC back again.... 15 Days now..

Where did you hear this, I know they took the turrent off the raptor and the changed the arena but they never said anything about pushing it back

Xaearth
08-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Where did you hear this, I know they took the turrent off the raptor and the changed the arena but they never said anything about pushing it back

Read the quotes.

It was a joke...

/facedesk

spiral82
08-01-2013, 10:11 PM
I run my own network security firm... know all about potential connectivity hiccups, and also know the pressure and frustration involved in fixing them as expediently as possible. someone needs to give a tech somewhere in the world a kick in the *** because there should be some built in redundancy to circumvent a problem like this. especially if it has happened "before". poor planning and poor disaster response planning. i'd can someone over something like this. a system with that thousands of users rely on to log in and it's down for HOURS not minutes... poor poor administration.

RedAvocado
08-01-2013, 10:14 PM
The North American Xbox server is back up from a restart. Please try logging in.

Xaearth
08-01-2013, 10:37 PM
I run my own network security firm... know all about potential connectivity hiccups, and also know the pressure and frustration involved in fixing them as expediently as possible. someone needs to give a tech somewhere in the world a kick in the *** because there should be some built in redundancy to circumvent a problem like this. especially if it has happened "before". poor planning and poor disaster response planning. i'd can someone over something like this. a system with that thousands of users rely on to log in and it's down for HOURS not minutes... poor poor administration.

It isn't that simple.

There were people still in-game on the XBox (supposedly). Yes they could've flipped a switch off and on and maybe fixed the problem.

But there was no definite guarantee that it would fix the problem, while there was a definite guarantee that a hard reboot would cause data loss, because again there were people in game.

They had to investigate the issue, which takes time.
Hopefully they tried to ensure their means of fixing the issue wouldn't cause massive rollbacks, which takes time.

As far as redundancy goes, there's only so much redundancy you can have before it gets in the way of smooth operations, not to mention profits.

And finally, we're talking about a game console here and all the hoop-jumping that coding major server clusters for entails.

Grymms
08-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Great...I told one of my friends to pick up the game, he bought it and is online now...and im telling him I cant even get online at all.

Why does this not surprise me?

Now that is Karma. You told your friend to buy this game and then you can't play. That's what ya get.

dominad
08-02-2013, 07:07 AM
The North American Xbox server is back up from a restart. Please try logging in.

Are you guys reducing the number of servers or something?
Even when siege's were active there was never this many issues. I have no idea if it would be an issue for me I stopped playing. Only one friend on my list was logged in I could not tell if that was because they were playing new games or maybe they could not get in game.