PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys even play on this?

zazonion
08-02-2013, 05:58 AM
I play on PC mostly, I saw Defiance in the PSN store for $10. So I thought, why not, I want to see how well this compares to the PC version. How do you guys even play on this? I'm loosing my connection to the servers every five minutes, I freeze and have to do a hard restart during arkfalls, and things like cars on the roads have to constantly pop in. When it works it's great, but the problems happen to much for me to even want to play this on consoles.

drackiller
08-02-2013, 06:18 AM
I play on PC mostly, I saw Defiance in the PSN store for $10. So I thought, why not, I want to see how well this compares to the PC version. How do you guys even play on this? I'm loosing my connection to the servers every five minutes, I freeze and have to do a hard restart during arkfalls, and things like cars on the roads have to constantly pop in. When it works it's great, but the problems happen to much for me to even want to play this on consoles.
What can i say man, we are masochists :)

zazonion
08-02-2013, 06:28 AM

That made me laugh a little harder than it should

drackiller
08-03-2013, 12:11 AM
The thing is that if you put aside some problems that the game obviously has, it`s fun. That`s why we endure it.

Kuurong
08-03-2013, 12:41 AM

I just learned to live with it, I have just been a fan of PS scense the first, besides I never understood X-Box's infamous "Red Ring of Death" and how much I hear it happen.

GiantInMaine
08-03-2013, 12:43 AM
I actually find myself thinking the same thing a lot then I play some more lol. I have fun even with all the problems but it would be a blast without getting disconnected all the time and hard freezing.

reeno32
08-03-2013, 12:43 AM

hahahaah exactly

zazonion
08-03-2013, 06:53 AM
Don't even get me started on some of the names I've seen too. On the PC everyone has some name that goes with their character. I've seen some names on the ps version that's like "xXxPlAyAkIlLAxXx". Oh it makes me cry.

Evolution
08-03-2013, 07:15 AM

Outside of what I affectionately call "PoP CoRn" (the single most irritating bug/flaw for me), I have had none of those problems. I understand that some people do have connection issues and lockups. Personally, I've had the game lock up on me a total of twice since this game launched and the only real connection issue I've had has been unexpected/unannounced downtime. I only get Lag during overcrowded Arkfalls, which is almost expected, and when I try to switch loadouts in a crowded area. You just learn to wait for your equipment to actually "appear" before you start flying through the menus. Admittedly though, playing this on a console is not for the impatient.

I'm on PS3-NA.

drackiller
08-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Don't even get me started on some of the names I've seen too. On the PC everyone has some name that goes with their character. I've seen some names on the ps version that's like "xXxPlAyAkIlLAxXx". Oh it makes me cry.

Yeah man, never understood my self that, and worst the use of xx at the beggining and end of the name. It`s a scurge in COD.

Krauser
08-03-2013, 11:13 AM
How do you guys even play on this?

With a controller.

hey u
08-03-2013, 11:32 AM

Well the word HOPE is a powerful word so before I log on I just HOPE it will work. If you are having ongoing issues post in the bug/issues area and you may have better chances of your problem getting fixed, looked at or going to fix.

patience is a virtue

BarrySciFi
08-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Lol yeah it is frustrating when you get timed out on the progenitor arkfall. That has happened to me at least a dozen times. But is has gotten MUCH better in the past week or so.

eridian
08-04-2013, 01:18 AM

That's just it, a lot of peopl DON'T play anymore. I only play when I'm bored or a patch comes out, hoping it fixes the game so I don't hard freeze every 15 min. When it works it's fun, key word WHEN lol.

zazonion
08-04-2013, 06:02 AM
That's just it, a lot of peopl DON'T play anymore. I only play when I'm bored or a patch comes out, hoping it fixes the game so I don't hard freeze every 15 min. When it works it's fun, key word WHEN lol.

I played for about 4 hours straight yesterday with no problem until people started using the wireless in the house.

tweedius
08-04-2013, 12:04 PM
My problem with the game is that every 30 minutes (sometimes less) the game lags out for 5-10 minutes waiting for a reply from the server. I can't switch guns, things don't actually die, I can't summon my vehicle, etc. I actually just hit my vehicle summon button a couple times and wait for the horn, that's how I know I can play again. It is really annoying though.