PDA

View Full Version : can we use the in game shop on the website too?

Travie
03-29-2013, 04:08 PM
...because I don't see the option anywhere.

terkwashere
03-29-2013, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they added it after launch but it's not an option currently.

Would be nice if there was a place we could at least look at the items/boosts available though since we're all clamoring for something Defiance-related to do, though.

Ralph
03-29-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm sure they will. Even if they don't, someone will make a matrix for us to use so we don't need to spend time shopping instead of playing. I also haven't seen a way to purchase in game funds, which you know will be an option after launch.

Travie
03-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I feel the same way Terk.

I just wanna look at something, anything!

technophebe
03-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Haha I've been refreshing the forums every 5 minutes all evening. I can't help it, even though I *know* there aren't going to be any exciting announcements at this time of night :D

Ralph
03-29-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm actually not in the mood to play anything else right now, soI'm hitting refresh with you Tech.

terkwashere
03-29-2013, 04:26 PM
There are some good videos out there that show some of the outfits available, which will cost around 400 bits for headgear and body gear. I want to say I saw it on Arkfalls.com but I am not 100% sure.

I want at least one of each vehicle type at launch, which shouldn't be a problem if Steam continues at this rate, but I definitely want a couple different outfits for my Ark Hunter just because I like a little variety and it helps me with immersion.

I really liked the Forest Tracker and Mountain Tracker stuff in beta and will pony up the dough the first chance I get to get those, for RP reasons.

Don't tell my wife, haha!

Ralph
03-29-2013, 04:35 PM
yea. My wife would blow a gasket if she ever saw how much I spend on my "nerd" stuff. I'll drop some cash for similar reasons, but well see where my line is.

stragen001
03-29-2013, 04:49 PM
yea. My wife would blow a gasket if she ever saw how much I spend on my "nerd" stuff. I'll drop some cash for similar reasons, but well see where my line is.

If she pulls you up on it, just ask her how much she spends on shoes.......

Ollam
03-29-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm sure they will. Even if they don't, someone will make a matrix for us to use so we don't need to spend time shopping instead of playing. I also haven't seen a way to purchase in game funds, which you know will be an option after launch.

In the Defiance Store in-game right under the Checkout button was another that said Buy more Bits or somesuch. you click on that and it pulled up the different amounts, 400 - $5, 1800 - $20, and 2 others, I believe in the live game you will choose your amount then be taken to a field to enter your CC info to trion and purchase them sort of like GW2 buying gems, if your on console it will most likely have a connection to the dashboard store for xbox or PSN.

Ralph
03-29-2013, 05:25 PM
yup. I bet there will be codes you can redeem from Mt Dew, or some such, to get "free bits" too.