PDA

View Full Version : Is Defiance going to be Free to Play?

Reverent
03-29-2013, 04:58 PM
My friend said that Defiance is going to be Free 2 play, Is this true, or is he just an idiot?

Keydric
03-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Buy the game and play for free. Its called Buy 2 Play. You will have to pay for more "season passes", don't know how often that will be.

Carsfanatic
03-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Not exactly FTP it is buy and then no monthly sub to pay. Sort of like Guild Wars you buy the initial game and don't pay a monthly sub but you pay for all the future expansions that come out too.

Dancer
03-29-2013, 05:01 PM
No It is buy to play! You buy the game and the season pass for the extras they are adding to the game. That is the only cost so far.

Ralph
03-29-2013, 05:41 PM
The only thing you have to pay for is the game itself, but you will have the option to buy in game perks and more. And the DLC packs later of course.

Prophet of Entropy
03-29-2013, 05:53 PM
yea and the DLC is optional, even without buying the DLC youll still get to the missions and areas they add. what you wont get unless you buy the DLC: is access to the new races, or get any of the new fancy gear from the new DLC content.

JustAHermit
03-29-2013, 06:21 PM
It's pay once, play forever! In a way, he's not entirely wrong depending on how you look at it.

The only thing you have to pay for is the game itself, but you will have the option to buy in game perks and more. And the DLC packs later of course.

I didn't know there were going to be purchasable perks.

Prophet of Entropy
03-29-2013, 06:48 PM
I didn't know there were going to be purchasable perks.

yea there will be some mirco transaction stuff. outfits/hats, personal/group xp boosts/ vehicles/ random item lockboxes/ inventory expansion.

nothing that really can give you an ingame advantage over another player that cant also be bought with ingame earned money though.

EdgeTW
03-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Am I the only one who thinks "buy to play" is a silly label? It describes nearly every game I've ever owned.

My copy of Contra on my old Nintendo was buy to play.

OP: Yes, Defiance is a free to play MMO. As if often the case with computer and console games, you have to buy the software.

Mcdragon
03-29-2013, 09:17 PM
it is what it is. you buy the game to play it. every game you buy is technically buy to play except for games that require subs and free to plays

EdgeTW
03-29-2013, 09:21 PM
it is what it is. you buy the game to play it. every game you buy is technically buy to play except for games that require subs and free to plays

You say "technically" as if there is ANY difference between buying Defiance to play it and buying Skyrim to play it. :)

Mcdragon
03-29-2013, 09:24 PM
well there really is no difference. technically :)

Zyvaks
03-29-2013, 09:37 PM
ok, so we all agree Defiance is "buy to play"?

EdgeTW
03-29-2013, 09:53 PM
ok, so we all agree Defiance is "buy to play"?

I can agree that Defiance, guitars, and lotto tickets are all considered "buy to play". :)