PDA

View Full Version : What am I not doing?

morpheusxp
03-29-2013, 05:04 PM
My room mate purchased the game directly from Trion on the 28th. I purchased it on the same day from G2Play. He is able to preload the client and I am getting the "not entitled to play Defiant" msg.When we view our account pages we get two different screens.
My room mates screen:
http://forums.defiance.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=755&d=1364601092

My screen:
http://forums.defiance.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=754&d=1364601092

Own his screen it clearly appears as he has completed his purchase. On mine its still offering to let me pre-order the game. I have entered my pre-order key on the Apply Code screen. And it says that the code was applied: "2013-3-28 Defiance PC Code Applied PREORDER_3PD". So anyone have any idea why we have two different screens? And why he is able to preload yet I am not? I contacted CS and they gave me the generic answer that preloads would begin starting today thru this weekend.

Ollam
03-29-2013, 05:08 PM
My room mate purchased the game directly from Trion on the 28th. I purchased it on the same day from G2Play. He is able to preload the client and I am getting the "not entitled to play Defiant" msg.When we view our account pages we get two different screens.
My room mates screen:

My screen:

Own his screen it clearly appears as he has completed his purchase. On mine its still offering to let me pre-order the game. I have entered my pre-order key on the Apply Code screen. And it says that the code was applied: "2013-3-28 Defiance PC Code Applied PREORDER_3PD". So anyone have any idea why we have two different screens? And why he is able to preload yet I am not? I contacted CS and they gave me the generic answer that preloads would begin starting today thru this weekend.

I ordered through Steam myself, but from what i understand thats floating around is that Trion direct purchases are being authorized in groups for the download, which are from today until monday. Also it looks from that screenshot it is allowing Client download on both. Press the button, install the patcher then run the patcher as Admin and it should well....patch I hope

Carsfanatic
03-29-2013, 05:11 PM
My room mates screen:
My screen:

You should have two codes not just one(his auto applied cause he bought it from Trion) you should have a pre-order code(for all bonuses and stuff and another one for pre-order of standard/deluxe edition code.

My pre-order from steam has two codes one showing just pre-order and the other the standard edition of the game purchased.

morpheusxp
03-29-2013, 05:16 PM
I ordered through Steam myself, but from what i understand thats floating around is that Trion direct purchases are being authorized in groups for the download, which are from today until monday. Also it looks from that screenshot it is allowing Client download on both. Press the button, install the patcher then run the patcher as Admin and it should well....patch I hope

I tried running the patcher as Admin. I still get the "You have successfully logged in but you are not entitled to play Defiance" message.

dirtyklingon
03-29-2013, 05:18 PM
i ordered through g2play and my account page looks like your 2nd pic.

i've also been able to download the client.

launcher access(being able to log in to download from teh patcher) is being staggered. if you don't have access yet just keep trying back periodically.

Ollam
03-29-2013, 05:18 PM
I tried running the patcher as Admin. I still get the "You have successfully logged in but you are not entitled to play Defiance" message.

There is another post talking about not entitled to play. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11658-For-everyone-who-s-quot-Not-entitled-to-play-quot

He states try changing you Trion password, not sure how that helps, but one person said it helped them, the OP of the topic said it didn't help him. So can always give it a try i guess

Mur
03-29-2013, 05:19 PM
My room mates screen:

My screen:

I'll tell you what you did...you gave your financial and personal information to an irreputable company.

dirtyklingon
03-29-2013, 05:20 PM
I'll tell you what you did...you gave your financial and personal information to an irreputable company.

g2play is not only legit but reputable and very upfront and honest.

i got my code within 5 minutes and even verified with trion CS that i was good to go for launch.

morpheusxp
03-29-2013, 05:39 PM
g2play is not only legit but reputable and very upfront and honest.

i got my code within 5 minutes and even verified with trion CS that i was good to go for launch.

I received my key in just a few minutes as well. DirtyKlingon,so you've been able to pre-load your client today? And as CarsFanatic mentioned did you receive two keys? Thats the first I've ever seen mentioned that there should be a second key.

dirtyklingon
03-29-2013, 05:41 PM
I received my key in just a few minutes as well. DirtyKlingon,so you've been able to pre-load your client today? And as CarsFanatic mentioned did you receive two keys? Thats the first I've ever seen mentioned that there should be a second key.'

i only got one key and trion cs said i only needed one.

GMG also is only giving one key.

although my key when entered didn't say preorder.

it said something like:

defiance PC standard edition igratos

so idk.

apparently g2play's live chat support is really good.

Prophet of Entropy
03-29-2013, 05:46 PM
unless you redeem a fullversion code on the trion site you wont be able to pre-load. if you did enter a full edition game code not just a preorder code and still cant and it shows you can still buy the digital full version of the game on trions site, you have a problem. and contact trion support.

Carsfanatic
03-29-2013, 05:46 PM
'

i only got one key and trion cs said i only needed one.

GMG also is only giving one key.

although my key when entered didn't say preorder.

it said something like:

defiance PC standard edition igratos

so idk.

apparently g2play's live chat support is really good.

Steam could be different cause of the special bonus's

PREORDER_PLATFORM_TYPE_PC
Defiance Standard Edition

And the other says

PREORDER_PLATFORM_TYPE_PC
PREORDER_STEAM

Prophet of Entropy
03-29-2013, 05:49 PM

should be 2 codes. a pre-order for those bonuses and beta access and a full game code. didnt get a full game code? contact where you bought it.

dirtyklingon
03-29-2013, 05:54 PM
should be 2 codes. a pre-order for those bonuses and beta access and a full game code. didnt get a full game code? contact where you bought it.

steam seems to be the only store giving out 2 codes.

everyone else according to people who have bought from them have only gotten one code for digital purchases.

idk about phys box orders

Otis Spunks
03-29-2013, 05:56 PM
If you got your CD key from G2Play then enter it into Trion and you will have to same screen and the ability to Pre Load. I'm doing that right now with my Steam CD key.

morpheusxp
03-29-2013, 05:56 PM

I've sent a second Ticket to Trion asking whether I need a second key. Hopefully I'll here back from them before Monday.