PDA

View Full Version : Could we see the DLC on tuesday?

nitroz76
08-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Tuesday is the universal day on when games are released, updated, etc.
With that said, additional details were revealed about the DLC during the livestream, but nothing major.

Since it's the weekend and Monday is encroaching, could we possibly see the final details on the DLC on Monday and the release on Tuesday?

T_Archangel
08-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Would be really awesome, but I'm inclined towards thinking it'll be mid-month...

Gomly
08-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Nope.

You never get an announcement and then a release the day after. If anything, they may announce a week or so before release.

I could be wrong and they may shock us all but I highly doubt it.

Fancypants
08-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Seconded. Nope. No reveal this week.

Very few games are going to do anything this week now. Anything released or announced is gonna get squashed by EQNext's reveal today. LOTS of people are talking about it...

I think the EQNext presentation had all the Trion devs too mesmerized to work... especially the ones from Rift.:p

dominad
08-02-2013, 09:09 PM
It would be nice but no rush I just downloaded the XBL free game for this week crackdown so running round laughing at that and it is double weapon xp on black ops 2 so will have to play some HC KC later and level up pistols and lmgs. Pus got assassin's creed 3 and probably by the time those are done GTA will be out which I pre ordered so if its still not out then there won't be much point. Everyone I know has pre ordered that and it will be September then.

Valethar
08-02-2013, 09:24 PM
My guess is they wait for PAX Prime to announce it's release that weekend, so they can take advantage of the media circus around the convention.

BLOODMONEY
08-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Prolly would be mid month, who knows.. Im not in no rush (Though it would be nice)

Reichlyn
08-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Seconded. Nope. No reveal this week.

Very few games are going to do anything this week now. Anything released or announced is gonna get squashed by EQNext's reveal today. LOTS of people are talking about it...

I think the EQNext presentation had all the Trion devs too mesmerized to work... especially the ones from Rift.:p

I cant WAIT for Everquest Next to come out. I watched the live reveal stream today, and I havent been so pumped about a game in a long time. These games like Defiance are great, but they can never come close to my love for mmorpg's, especially Everquest. That game back then was groundbreaking, never seen before. The excitement I felt playing that game is unmatched to this day. I cant wait to explore the world of Norrath again!

Valethar
08-02-2013, 09:57 PM
I'll be honest, I was underwhelmed by what I saw of ESO in the Beta, but EQN does look interesting.

Kuurong
08-02-2013, 10:04 PM
I have to ask.. What tuesday.. There are 50 to 51 tuesdays in a year..

Fancypants
08-02-2013, 10:22 PM
I cant WAIT for Everquest Next to come out. I watched the live reveal stream today, and I havent been so pumped about a game in a long time. These games like Defiance are great, but they can never come close to my love for mmorpg's, especially Everquest. That game back then was groundbreaking, never seen before. The excitement I felt playing that game is unmatched to this day. I cant wait to explore the world of Norrath again!Yeah, I like shooters but no way I can ever play them as much as a real mmo. (PC player)

Everquest isn't real competition for this game per se (this is shooter, that's DIKU mmo) but there is a wildcard factor:

If Defiance doesn't get it's sheet together by next year and continues to fall behind, other games like that are going to compete with Trion's Rift (which is probably paying the bills now for what this turkey turned into) and Trion might start to get cash strapped and tell the Defiance team:

"Soooooo... who do you think takes too long for lunch?"

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-02-2013, 10:50 PM
No chance of DLC releasing next Tuesday. Trion would have at the very least had a reveal trailer by now if it was releasing. I believe we will be waiting til PAX.

What "new" info on DLC was given on live stream? I watched it and didn't hear anything new. They answered a few questions but even those we've had answered before in some way.

R69L
08-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Nope.

You never get an announcement and then a release the day after. If anything, they may announce a week or so before release.

That is what usually happens but Bioshock just released their 1st piece of DLC without any announcements or promotion. So who knows.

Sanguinesun
08-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Tuesday is the universal day on when games are released, updated, etc.
With that said, additional details were revealed about the DLC during the livestream, but nothing major.

Since it's the weekend and Monday is encroaching, could we possibly see the final details on the DLC on Monday and the release on Tuesday?

No. They've said:

1. It will go up on their public test server first. Public test server isnt even ready to deploy yet.
2. They will announce the specific date of the DLC's release, when ready and with plenty of warning across multiple media sources and according to the stream friday, a game trailer for it.

So, there's no need to conjecture tuesday or any veritably "soon" time frame.

MacDeath
08-03-2013, 01:17 AM
No. They've said:

1. It will go up on their public test server first. Public test server isnt even ready to deploy yet.
2. They will announce the specific date of the DLC's release, when ready and with plenty of warning across multiple media sources and according to the stream friday, a game trailer for it.

I'm in total agreement. The Public Test Server isn't open quite yet and DLC1 will be tested there before DLC1 goes live.

Schmiznurf
08-03-2013, 01:19 AM
No. They've said:

Surely with testing yet to occur it will not come out in August after all then.

Arsenic_Touch
08-03-2013, 01:22 AM
Expect at least 2 weeks. They still need to do the PTR, then a week or two of testing, then they'll announce it and release it.

Blondin
08-03-2013, 01:55 AM
Would you be uspset if dlc was released in september, because you know, ptr is not even out and at least 2 weeks of test are needed, and 1 or 2 weeks are also needed to fix the shtako players will spot on ptr...

MacDeath
08-03-2013, 02:21 AM
Surely with testing yet to occur it will not come out in August after all then.
Well, presumably they've been testing for months on the Internal Test Servers. Two weeks on the PTR may be enough. OR... the PTR could find a glaring bug that takes weeks to fix... stay tuned.

Grymms
08-03-2013, 02:43 AM
DLC will more then likely drop at the end of this month.

You know a smart business man launches the dlc that's trying to stop the hemorrhage of players by proper placement of a well put together DLC.

Competing with Splinter Cell Blacklist, Saints Row and Lost Planet 3. That's when I would drop my DLC.

Sanguinesun
08-03-2013, 07:42 AM

You know a smart business man launches the dlc that's trying to stop the hemorrhage of players by proper placement of a well put together DLC.

Competing with Splinter Cell Blacklist, Saints Row and Lost Planet 3. That's when I would drop my DLC.

Defiance's dlc being compared in competing with those other titles is like a miniature cow being put in the Kentucky Derby.... backwards.

Their intent just simply cant be to even put into consideration competing with those games. At this point they just want to get it out. The time for min/maxing timing to profitability is long long gone.

Ali Mente
08-03-2013, 08:02 AM

This is those to trust. I think why nothing more to the people of Trion. Consciously to lie and to greed their satisfy

Chevota
08-03-2013, 08:51 AM
DLC in August, August 6th is a Tuesday in August... So yeah, technically...

Grymms
08-03-2013, 01:47 PM
The dlc is never coming out.

Apparently soon means months and months down the road.
Think about how much time its taking them to develop this DLC. Now think they have less and less time to develop the next 4 DLC's.

Longer it takes them to push out this DLC. The weaker the other DLC's become. Now if it as everyone says the fault of Sony and MS. If the next DLC isn't already in the certification process or at least the beginning stages of it that be is at least 3+ months away. Second DLC by Xmas that's if they are in the testing stages. If they are not in the testing stages won't see the second DLC till 2014. Now that leaves them 6 momths for 3more DLC.

Trion is shooting themselves in the foot. Well at this point they have stopped shooting themselves in the foot and turned the gun on their head. Hey Russian roulette anyone......

If anyone has a notion that those holding the season pass will sell all 5 DLC before the end of 2014 sorry its taken them 4 going on months for the first one.... 5months per DLC put the 5th DLC coming out February 2015.

Not to mention they had most of their staff to start this DLC with. Now reduced staff. Slower production times.

Side note seen the first season of Defiance at Wal-Mart. They produced the entire first season blue ray and DVD set before the first dlc dropped.... Now that's a shame.

Back on point. Its taking Trion far to long to produce this DLC. Now I dont know if that's because the format, the outdated engine they used or the fact of dealing with MS and Sony. Im guessing the changing of management also had something to do with that. Hey there's no one single cause as to why its taking to long. Many factors contributed.

Plan and simple its taking way to long they have pissed of to many fans. Many fans feel betrayed with the hey we paid full price for this game that now people can buy for $10. We dealt with all the launch issues, we are the ones that kept this game up and running this long we are the reason there is going to be a season 2of Defiance.
What do we get for our efforts. Soon..... July.....End of July... Sometime in August..... Now who knows if this thing will drop in August. To little to late and not many even care anymore.

Valethar
08-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Well, presumably they've been testing for months on the Internal Test Servers. Two weeks on the PTR may be enough. OR... the PTR could find a glaring bug that takes weeks to fix... stay tuned.

Or they could do the same thing they did at release. Ignore the testers and release a bug ridden product.

Having a test environment isn't a guarantee. They had the Alpha server and it's testers for months, in addition to the Beta tests, and their own internal testing, and still managed to lay a rotten egg.

Four months down the road, there are still issues from Alpha that haven't been addressed. It remains to be seen whether they've learned any lessons since then, much less figured out how to properly use a test server.

ten4
08-03-2013, 05:09 PM
It will be pushed back again. I expect later next month at the soonest and upon delivery, it will be a bug riddled mess that will ultimately be very disappointing. This is how Trion rolls.

Anyways, just heard about EQ Next and watched some 'alpha' vids....essentially a sandbox mmo with a great engine and destructible terrain? They even hinted that crafting might be like preCU-SWG or at least extremely complex? Possibly actual innovation in a genre that's been in a rut for 10 years? SIGN ME UP NOWZ!

/throws money at screen

Welp, off to opt in for future betas.

dominad
08-03-2013, 06:41 PM
I would say end of Aug or September for DLC 1 and then I would say at least 2 dlc's will have to be just customization packs or something, because they will not have the time to produce in depth content. I am annoyed that half of this DLC they want people to pay for is actually a patch to fix the game. Still it is what the legal agreement states they define the content it was not defined in the sales purchase beyond 5 pieces of "new content that is defined by Trion" will be out by the end of Dec 2014. Go and read it yourselves. Am I going to keep watching these forums hoping for another month we will have to see because areas that are apparently like ramapages where I get a medal for how well I do I hate already and ditto with collecting max rep with a new vendor 300 + 600 points how many weeks of boring repetitive play because the lack of focus on new mission content is the worst part. I assume I will get a couple of hours of new story line play not enough to span weeks of doing contracts. Plus the live stream did not give answers on salvage matrix costs for high ego's minus they hear and are going to possibly maybe someday do something.

Valethar
08-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Side note seen the first season of Defiance at Wal-Mart. They produced the entire first season blue ray and DVD set before the first dlc dropped.... Now that's a shame.

I can live with that, simply because Trion has nothing to do with the TV show's production, and vice versa. They collaborate on crossover material (what little there actually is) but beyond that, neither has any control over the production of the others product.

Sanguinesun
08-03-2013, 09:33 PM
I can live with that, simply because Trion has nothing to do with the TV show's production, and vice versa. They collaborate on crossover material (what little there actually is) but beyond that, neither has any control over the production of the others product.

I deal with the dvd release issue sometimes before a movie even is released "new" in Japan. Some big name movies are -only- delayed in Japan 3-6 months over the rest of the world, yet I can get the dvd from US Amazon before that.

Valethar
08-03-2013, 10:06 PM
I deal with the dvd release issue sometimes before a movie even is released "new" in Japan. Some big name movies are -only- delayed in Japan 3-6 months over the rest of the world, yet I can get the dvd from US Amazon before that.

Ye gods.. 6 months?

Why does it take so long to get them there? Do they have to go through some sort of government vetting or something before they can be shown?

Grymms
08-03-2013, 10:29 PM
I was speaking more to the fact that the first season is over and the DVD is for sale and we still dont have the first DLC for the game.......considering it was supposed to be released originally shortly after the game launched. Go look at the blog posts from April. You'll find a post by Nathan saying something to that effect. Went from first month to now working on month 5 with still no release date.....

Arsenic_Touch
08-03-2013, 10:32 PM
I was speaking more to the fact that the first season is over and the DVD is for sale and we still dont have the first DLC for the game.......considering it was supposed to be released originally shortly after the game launched. Go look at the blog posts from April. You'll find a post by Nathan saying something to that effect. Went from first month to now working on month 5 with still no release date.....

It's for sale, but you can't get it until October. Essentially a preorder.

Billy Guile
08-03-2013, 10:46 PM
i will now post my first, last and official DLC complaint.

please hurry up, Trion. [sadface]

Grymms
08-03-2013, 10:54 PM
I wonder if anyone at SciFi comes and sees the state of the game or the actual forums and just walks away shaking their head in disgust looking what Trion is doing to their IP. I wonder how long it took them to regret letting Trion make this game. Lets home they realize how this is turning out and their is some sort of clause in the contract that lets them get their up out of Trions hands and give it to someone who can actually make it a great game.... Some sort of you screwed up, now we take our IP back and can give it to someone else.

Meh doesnt matter I guess new games coming out soon.

Valethar
08-04-2013, 12:00 AM
I wonder if anyone at SciFi comes and sees the state of the game or the actual forums and just walks away shaking their head in disgust looking what Trion is doing to their IP.

Given that 90% of the programming on Syfy is complete garbage, I highly doubt they're disgusted by much.

Gomly
08-04-2013, 04:10 AM
I wonder if anyone at SciFi comes and sees the state of the game or the actual forums and just walks away shaking their head in disgust

Those are the people that gave us Sharknado..... I highly doubt they will be disgusted in anything with their channel being the laughing stock of the civilised world.

JonDav
08-04-2013, 05:49 AM
Now THIS is hilarious. The DLC will more than likely drop next month. Around the same time as the behemoth known as GTA. Excellent move, as usual, Trion. Release dlc, that has a chance to revive this dying product, right around the time of a mega blockbuster. You would think they learned their lesson with the initial release and Bioshock. The rest of the dlc is dead in the water. The second DLC will probably be pushed out right around CoD and next-gen console releaaes. Rofl. Easily the most incompetent team in gaming.

xxdarkxwarxx
08-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Would be really awesome, but I'm inclined towards thinking it'll be mid-month...

I think its going to be this week i have the achievements show on my xbox account if it was coming out mid month the achievements wouldn't be seen yet

Arsenic_Touch
08-04-2013, 07:17 AM
It's not going to be this week. However we are at the time for another patch, the next patch is supposed to be the balance patch as far as I know. Don't expect the DLC to go live until it's been on the PTR for at least 1 week. That means the PTR needs to go live first. That was in the last week or this week as well.

Gomly
08-04-2013, 07:23 AM
I think its going to be this week i have the achievements show on my xbox account if it was coming out mid month the achievements wouldn't be seen yet

DLC will go on test server before it's released (we hope) and the test server isn't live yet so don't hold out hope of it being this week.

divergent ghost
08-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Nope.

irrational announced dlc and released it same day this past Tuesday. So it is possible.

Gomly
08-04-2013, 03:02 PM
irrational announced dlc and released it same day this past Tuesday. So it is possible.

Okay then, i'll rephrase.

If Trion manages to get the DLC out on Tuesday I shall plait my own urine with giant pink bows and eat the inside of my gym trainers.