PDA

View Full Version : How many inv slots?

sericks
08-03-2013, 09:30 AM
I was wondering I have way to many and breaking down ark salvage one at a time is crazy

Krauser
08-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Not real sure what the question is. :confused:

You will probably have to clean house every once in a while to keep from running out of space. You do get ark salvage from breaking them down or you can sell them at a vendor for scrip.

I'd rather have ark salvage at this point. :D

sericks
08-03-2013, 03:45 PM
I mean how much is your inventory mine is 403 not bragging or anything just wondering how many others bought bits and didn't really get anything but more inventory and I hate the ark salvage system one at a time takes to long

Krauser
08-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Whoa, mine's barely into triple digits. At 403 I bet it takes all day just to sort out the stuff you want to salvage.

Valethar
08-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Whoa, mine's barely into triple digits. At 403 I bet it takes all day just to sort out the stuff you want to salvage.

Matt (OverloadUT) had 179 at one point right around release, and that was at a relatively low EGO level. Of course, as part of the team, I'm sure he didn't actually have to pony up cash for all of them.

mikeintheshell
08-04-2013, 09:45 AM
There is really no need for that slots. I have the default value per my EGO. When i salvage i just sort the list by level and that usually puts all the new drops on top. But Seriously how hard is it to add a sort by new/old Trion?

sericks
08-04-2013, 05:15 PM
I know that's way to much but at the time I bought the 50 dollar package for bits and got 50% more and the boost wasn't working at the time so I bought inv slots instead and yeah breakingdowm is a pain just scrolling through is also

DeadMike
08-04-2013, 06:22 PM
I saw a post last week that a guy ran a test on drop rates of higher rarity weapons. IIRC he said he had somewhere over 700 inventory slots...

sericks
08-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Well I should team up with him and we could get all the guns u guys need considering the ego level of course but I do wish I would have saved my bits for boost and outfits

Peavstar
08-05-2013, 04:36 AM
I am at 416 on mod slots so about even with Sericks

sericks
08-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Why are u not in a clan peav ?
Lone wolf huh !

Peavstar
08-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Why are u not in a clan peav ?
Lone wolf huh !

Honestly so far Clans have seemed over rated. Clan chat is always messed up. No Clan bonuses. So far Trion has really done nothing to truly encourage Clans. Just my opinion.

sericks
08-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Yeah I was in a clan but they never did anything so I left I sent u a friend request its screamer420 if u would like to team up from time to time

Overtkill21
08-05-2013, 04:08 PM
I'm at 358 slots - and I'm clearing house - I roll with at least 50 open slots and it comes in very handy as I never run out of slots when the loot boosts are active - easy to run out of slots on Motherlode with a +45% Loot Boost.

But I'm sure I'm just a weapon hoarder - LOL despite my best efforts to reduce my stock I can't help picking up new weapons.

deathtrap
08-05-2013, 09:27 PM
personally i have 6k slots, been retired for a while and this is all i got besides my girl and my camera that i can't even use anymore.

Zoranth
08-06-2013, 12:44 AM
I saw a post last week that a guy ran a test on drop rates of higher rarity weapons. IIRC he said he had somewhere over 700 inventory slots...

I think he may have been referring to me and my Loot Table/Drop Rate tests I have been running for the last two loot bonus weekends. The thread he may have been referring to is here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?115023-The-Drop-Rates-and-Loot-system-is-Broken

I have since increased the slots again by 15 for a total of 798 and from this past weekend alone I gained another 4,019,161 salvage. The previous weekend I gained 3,391,779 Salvage. All of this salvage was from Greens and Whites because their Loot Tables/Drop rates are broken. Did not get anything over a green out of a total of 11,341 items looted from the ground the first weekend and the same with over 12,000 items looted from the ground this last weekend.

The reason I say the drop rates and loot tables are broken is because in another thread in the PC forum a CM stated that Oranges (Legendary) items have a 0.05%-5.0% chance to drop from ANY NPC on the entire map. Based on the lowest drop rate and the total amount I have picked up in 2 weekends I should have picked up somewhere between 1 to 10 oranges off of the ground. This is not even counting the lack of purples and blues which there were not any of those to be picked up either.

Test Criteria: Sutro Tower Infinite Spawn 5 NPC at Block, respawn every 13 seconds, Loots bonus used Self (10%), Group from Me (5%), Group from other (5%), Pinata (3%), Just Reward (3%) Always kills on Crits, Event Bonus (25%) Total 51% Loot bonus. Weapon used was Big Boomer, +3 Mag Extension +40 Radius roll, +60 Radius barrel. Rhino Blastproof III DX 30%. Perks: Fortified Stance, Cellular Armor, Thick Skinned, Execution, Deadly Cascade, Blastshield, Sucker Punch (put the nades on the wall and it is an attack from behind).

http://i.imgur.com/w3DjvKb.jpg http://i.imgur.com/V15FfpN.jpg

Sorry for Semi-Hijacking this thread, just wanted to point out where he may have seen the inventory slots, the reason for the tests and the results. If you would like to input your experiences on the drop rate thread please feel free to do so.

mikeintheshell
08-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Zoranth, were you soloing or grouped? It sounds as if that percentage is based off how many ppl tag the mob. In theory you should have picked up 1-10 oranges. But you just cannot look at it that way. You have to look at it, per mob drop. That's how the program code works and that's how the drop rate goes.

Zoranth
08-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Zoranth, were you soloing or grouped? It sounds as if that percentage is based off how many ppl tag the mob. In theory you should have picked up 1-10 oranges. But you just cannot look at it that way. You have to look at it, per mob drop. That's how the program code works and that's how the drop rate goes.

I was in a group with one of my alt char's on a separate account only for the purpose of the getting the group from other bonus of 5%. I left that char sitting on the very top floor just above the targeting computer so I could also go to t to break down items when I needed to. So, as far as attacking the NPC's, that was all solo so it would have been per mob drop.

I took the variance in the percentages of the drop rate 0.05%-5.0% to represent the difficulty of the NPC, not the number of chars attacking the NPC and based my test on the lowest percentage (0.05%).

Again, Sorry for Hijacking the OP's thread. This should actually be carried over to the original post which I linked in my first reply.

sericks
08-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Apology accepted