PDA

View Full Version : How long after release will we have to or have the option to download additional

Gregtk
03-29-2013, 06:17 PM
How long after release will we have to or have the option to download additional content? Also how much of a pay to play game is this? In beta I seen that most is glamor except the lock boxes that drop weapons and equip.

Jardian
03-29-2013, 06:26 PM
This isnt a pay to play at all. You buy the game and play for free you wont even have to buy the DLC if you dont wish to. Even gear in lock boxs is dropped and sold at vendors and its not hard to get keys to buy them without bits either.

So your looking at some DLC costing you if you wish it and fashion items if you want them. As for when the first will release no one knows wont be for a few weeks-months though thats how it goes most times to get the launch bugs out.

Gregtk
03-29-2013, 06:37 PM
my bad, meant pay to win game, and it is some from what I seen on beta. Im curious to know how fast the DLC is because they already offer 3 DLC for 30 bucks, that almost makes 100 bucks already. Will be a big money sink if they do it often like within every couple episodes on tv.
I am also weary of this being a FPS and hacks. Not many FPS games on PC dont get hacked. I may just wait to see about this game and sacrifice the charger.

Mcdragon
03-29-2013, 06:40 PM
my bad, meant pay to win game, and it is some from what I seen on beta. Im curious to know how fast the DLC is because they already offer 3 DLC for 30 bucks, that almost makes 100 bucks already. Will be a big money sink if they do it often like within every couple episodes on tv.
I am also weary of this being a FPS and hacks. Not many FPS games on PC dont get hacked. I may just wait to see about this game and sacrifice the charger.

its 5 dlc i think and if you played that beta and looked at what you could buy over what you can get in drops, its not significant at all. second its not a FPS any game gets hacked not just because its a shooter

Jardian
03-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Pay to win isnt a factor either siince as I said you get nothing in those boxs you cant find on a vondor or find better as a drop. As I said you can buy the lock boxs just useing what you find ingame quite easy. So the only real thing to spend on is exp boosts and such and looks items.

Gregtk
03-29-2013, 06:53 PM
its 5 dlc i think and if you played that beta and looked at what you could buy over what you can get in drops, its not significant at all. second its not a FPS any game gets hacked not just because its a shooter

both of you sound like your defending the game. just wondering if there are legit answers to these questions that maybe the devs have put out such as DLC will be every x number of episodes or what preventive measures they have in game for hacks.
Mc Dragon name one mmo fps that did not get hacks ie aimbot etc. I can name plenty of non FPS games that are not hacked. non tab targeting games from my experience always have aimbot and kill the game.

I Enjoyed this beta and feel like it is a fresh mmo from the many recycled versions. Its like an mmo mad max and I enjoyed it. Just concerned on how much money I will drop into this game in the first six months if there are no hacks and if there are will I be upset in a few weeks when I quit because of aimbot etc

Kailis
03-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Everything on the season pass is here http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/03/05/the-defiance-season-pass-is-here/
and it says 5 dlc's for $40 bucks so your getting 1 of the DLC's for free. (worth it imo)
Seeing as this is only season 1 pass i would suspect that all DLC's will be released by next season. So 5 dlc's in 12 months i say every 3 months new dlc release.
Of course this is all specualtion only time will tell the truth.
The cash shop ingame is mostly cosmetic items. The chests in the cash shop can also be acquired in the game world so everyone has access to the same weapons. This buisness model they are using in this game is very solid and i wish more games were actually using it.

Corbec
03-29-2013, 06:57 PM
The devs said that the first DLC will be released 3 months after launch, thereafter every 2 months a new DLC comes out until number 5 is reached.

Also there's no p2win since apart from cosmetics and boosts you can only buy somewhat of a treasure chest with totally random stuff.

IGears
03-29-2013, 06:58 PM
the lock box doesn't always give you good stuff... in the beta sometimes i get thing in the lock box that are weaker than what i looted. and the CM said that you can only get cosmetic stuff and boosts in the stores... they havent really said anything about hacking... im sure they will have some kind of anticheat system in place.

Dixa
both of you sound like your defending the game. just wondering if there are legit answers to these questions that maybe the devs have put out such as DLC will be every x number of episodes or what preventive measures they have in game for hacks.
Mc Dragon name one mmo fps that did not get hacks ie aimbot etc. I can name plenty of non FPS games that are not hacked. non tab targeting games from my experience always have aimbot and kill the game.

I Enjoyed this beta and feel like it is a fresh mmo from the many recycled versions. Its like an mmo mad max and I enjoyed it. Just concerned on how much money I will drop into this game in the first six months if there are no hacks and if there are will I be upset in a few weeks when I quit because of aimbot etc

this was answered quite a while ago. the season pass is for the 5 dlc's planned in the next year. if you dont buy the season pass you will have to buy them individually

if you dont buy the dlc you can still access the zones they add but the gear and missions they also implement as part of the show will not be available to you.

this game is not pay to win. inventory slots - while nice - also come as your ego level rises. i spent my bits only on the cosmetic gear during the beta yet i was able to open 8 of the tier 4 boxes, picking up several orange and purple weapons.

this is not a pay to win game. if you continue to say otherwise, justify it with a proper anecdote of what a pay to win game actually is to you. the lockboxes are not pay to win since unlike other games with lockboxes they can be easily unlocked with in-game means.

Gregtk
Thank you Kailis.....Thats what I was looking for. :)

Gregtk
03-29-2013, 07:00 PM
anyone know about hacking measures?

Kailis
03-29-2013, 07:01 PM
No problem glad i could help :).

Dixa
03-29-2013, 07:06 PM
anyone know about hacking measures?

trion has an authenticator for ios and i think android. that is your best protection against losing an account

if you are referring to script kiddies using aimbots it's unlikely we'll see that be a real issue as this is not a competitive game, it's mostly a co-op game.