PDA

View Full Version : Daily server job

1B63C8E0109425B
08-04-2013, 02:22 AM
I have a simple pointed question for trion why cant you put a hook in to the game for ark falls with a switch and add it in to the server crontab to stop all arkfalls spawns 20 minutes before server shutdown. Then ad this to and call this from the 'SYSTEM CRONTAB'

This has pi$$ed off somany players when they dont get their final win because of server shut down

# Shut down cycle BEGIN

30 1 * * * /root/wall "SYSTEM shutdown in 30........"

40 1 * * * /root/wall "SYSTEM shutdown in 20........"

40 1 * * * /root/usr/whatever/arfallshutdownscript -0 /* <--- no more ark falls till after server restart */

50 1 * * * /root/wall "SYSTEM shutdown in 10........"

55 1 * * * /root/wall "SYSTEM shutdown in 55........"

0 2 * * * /root/call your system restart here

On restart the ark falls would restart as normal because the switch would have been resest on server restart

This way you dont drive off any more users from your game

I dont know how your sending your messages through out all the servers so dont bother to attack me, I just threw that up as an example; beause I know durring a graceful shutdown a broadcast message it sent to all users logged in to the server. You and the other hand are using many servers, and have parked your web site, etc on the game servers as well. Bad form on your part I wont go there.. as this can leave the game servers open for DDOS attacks as well through the web site, and DNS servers.

GRAYWOLF6977
08-04-2013, 03:02 AM
:confused::confused:
I have a simple pointed question for trion why cant you put a hook in to the game for ark falls with a switch and add it in to the server crontab to stop all arkfalls spawns 20 minutes before server shutdown. Then ad this to and call this from the 'SYSTEM CRONTAB'

This has pi$$ed off somany players when they dont get their final win because of server shut down

# Shut down cycle BEGIN

30 1 * * * /root/wall "SYSTEM shutdown in 30........"

40 1 * * * /root/wall "SYSTEM shutdown in 20........"

40 1 * * * /root/usr/whatever/arfallshutdownscript -0 /* <--- no more ark falls till after server restart */

50 1 * * * /root/wall "SYSTEM shutdown in 10........"

55 1 * * * /root/wall "SYSTEM shutdown in 55........"

0 2 * * * /root/call your system restart here

On restart the ark falls would restart as normal because the switch would have been resest on server restart

This way you dont drive off any more users from your game

I dont know how your sending your messages through out all the servers so dont bother to attack me, I just threw that up as an example; beause I know durring a graceful shutdown a broadcast message it sent to all users logged in to the server. You and the other hand are using many servers, and have parked your web site, etc on the game servers as well. Bad form on your part I wont go there.. as this can leave the game servers open for DDOS attacks as well through the web site, and DNS servers.

1B63C8E0109425B
08-06-2013, 01:17 AM
This way people whould not lose credit for their in game progress, you know players will try to play to the very end if they have to finish a match of some . There are lots of things to kill and others things to do for the last 20 minutes if must play to the very last minute.

1B63C8E0109425B
08-07-2013, 02:08 AM
Put a hook in the game to your system cron for spawn events

[SYSTEM] the servers are coming down for a quick restart in 30 minutes, thank you for you patiance .....

18 minutes later you have this

1:48 server is going down and a Mother of all Hellbugs spawns with 29 minutes how does this add up, no one will get their keys or the items on this...

"Trion are you "trioning" to pi$$ off people" You know when people play the game they dont notice the time in a battle. The do know when they get rooked out of items... though