PDA

View Full Version : Bought on PC after owning on 360... Will not let me play on PC

U2NUMB
08-04-2013, 06:19 AM
So I bought (double dipped) on PC yesterday through steam. I go to fire it up and I put in my account info and I am greeted with this message.

Login Successful but this account is not entitled to play DEFIANCE. Please contact Trion Worlds Support.

Ok so is this because I play under this account on the 360? Do I have to create a new account for a different platform? If so that would be really silly. Perhaps this has been asked many times but I did not see it on the first few pages of this forum. Any help would be appreciated.

Caswallawn
08-04-2013, 06:24 AM
did you get the key from steam and then go into your account management on the site and add it?

Gomly
08-04-2013, 06:54 AM
You need to add the game code from steam to your Trion account.

Right click on Defiance in your Steam library and click view CD key. Copy that, go to your Trion account and enter code.

MacDeath
08-04-2013, 07:12 AM
You need to add the game code from steam to your Trion account.

Right click on Defiance in your Steam library and click view CD key. Copy that, go to your Trion account and enter code.
Yep, EXACTLY this. You NEED the CD Key in your Trion account to play the PC version. Now, if you wanna ask us why doesn't steam do that for you or at least tell you that you must do it... take it up with steam.

U2NUMB
08-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Thanks so much for the info guys.. yes it is very confusing as to how Steam handles it.

Appreciate the help!

Eirxia
08-04-2013, 02:29 PM
So I bought (double dipped) on PC yesterday through steam. I go to fire it up and I put in my account info and I am greeted with this message.

Login Successful but this account is not entitled to play DEFIANCE. Please contact Trion Worlds Support.

Ok so is this because I play under this account on the 360? Do I have to create a new account for a different platform? If so that would be really silly. Perhaps this has been asked many times but I did not see it on the first few pages of this forum. Any help would be appreciated.

You cannot play cross platform accounts... You need a new account for PC version. Which more or less is linked to the CD key as mentioned above.

But you cannot play your xbox account on the PC version and vice versa.