PDA

View Full Version : No Motorcycles?!!

Solid Snake
08-04-2013, 07:08 AM
No one asked for motorcycles at friday live im very disappointed in you guys >:l

MacDeath
08-04-2013, 07:15 AM
No one asked for motorcycles at friday live im very disappointed in you guys >:l
They've been asked for since Alpha. More specifically Dirt Bikes.

Solid Snake
08-04-2013, 07:20 AM
They've been aske for since Alpha. More specifically Dirt Bikes.
Have they said anything about them?

marshy
08-04-2013, 07:30 AM

Soon but no ETA

MacDeath
08-04-2013, 07:31 AM
I'm not your search engine. Just type dirt bikes in the search window. You'll find lots of them.

marshy
08-04-2013, 07:32 AM
I'm not your search engine. Just type dirt bikes in the search window. You'll find lots of them.

Come on now play nice don't be moody

Solid Snake
08-04-2013, 07:36 AM

Dont be moody, now search it for us and tell us what you find :)

Balikye
08-04-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm not your search engine. Just type dirt bikes in the search window. You'll find lots of them.Dat moody response.

Fancypants
08-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Dirt bikes will come Soon™.

Seems like something rather easy to implement vs everything else.

dude26212
08-05-2013, 10:14 AM
why do we need dirt bikes? i just dont really see the point

marshy
08-05-2013, 10:15 AM

For FUN :cool:

Fancypants
08-05-2013, 10:29 AM
why do we need dirt bikes? i just dont really see the pointI'd say variety. Not everyone likes cars and given this game is pretty brown in appearance, dirt bikes make a lot of sense.

Plus, they are featured in the show quite a bit, and it would make sense that people would have a helluva lot more access to bikes than cars in this type of setting.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-05-2013, 10:36 AM

Personally would love dirt bikes in game but after seeing this at DefianceData I really want the skybike. Find it interesting looking at some of the game files that we don't have a lot of the stuff. Hope they add the bike and the rest of the stuff in the files but not in game.

Fancypants
08-05-2013, 10:51 AM

Personally would love dirt bikes in game but after seeing this at DefianceData I really want the skybike. Find it interesting looking at some of the game files that we don't have a lot of the stuff. Hope they add the bike and the rest of the stuff in the files but not in game.

Dude is riding a robot shark. /facepalm

There won't really be any difference between a 'skybike' and a dirtbike since they both will be the same height off the ground probably.

There is no flying in Defiance... atmosphere prohibits it.

jbob spittlewop
08-05-2013, 11:01 AM

Because I said so. No but really why do we need tricked out lawn mowers(growlers)? It really says something about the games designers that they came up with that before motorcycles.

dude26212
08-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Because I said so. No but really why do we need tricked out lawn mowers(growlers)? It really says something about the games designers that they came up with that before motorcycles.

or its just easier, with bikes they have to tilt and what not while turning while a 4 wheeled vehicle just stay level with the ground

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-05-2013, 11:45 AM
There is no flying in Defiance... atmosphere prohibits it.

Tell that to Dark Matter or the mutants. It's a stupid cop-out using lore to establish something for us but not the entire universe.

jbob spittlewop
08-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Tell that to Dark Matter or the mutants. It's a stupid cop-out using lore to establish something for us but not the entire universe.

I could understand flying being subject to exclusivity since both dark matter and the mutants are the remnants of military organizations. Erep also has the capabilities and I'm sure the votanus collective does as well, they likely keep the tech away from everyone else to maintain the established "haves and have nots" system in place.

Jay Common
08-05-2013, 12:03 PM
or its just easier, with bikes they have to tilt and what not while turning while a 4 wheeled vehicle just stay level with the ground

Anyone who thinks you don't have to tilt or lean into turns on a 4 wheeler, clearly hasn't ever ridden a 4 wheeler before :)

You might have to tilt more on a dirt bike, but either way if Defiance's physics system was made with your example in mind than it wouldn't be a problem at all.

August Barkley
08-05-2013, 12:04 PM

Personally would love dirt bikes in game but after seeing this at DefianceData I really want the skybike.

I do not like this sci-fi shtako . :( I would agree on a Harley Davidson only! :) Or а Dodge Tomahawk, as a last resort.

Fancypants
08-05-2013, 12:30 PM
or its just easier, with bikes they have to tilt and what not while turning while a 4 wheeled vehicle just stay level with the groundIf there's ONE thing we know about Trion is that they like to take the 'easy route', so I'm inclined to believe this.

Easy route (sometimes referred to as the 'lazy' route), less brainpower needed.

Tell that to Dark Matter or the mutants. It's a stupid cop-out using lore to establish something for us but not the entire universe.Cop out? How many 'skybikes' have you seen on the show vs motorcycles?

If you're saying we should put stuff in there regardless of lore, just add Sparkle Ponies then.

3rdpig
08-05-2013, 04:19 PM
In a world where everything is shooting at everything else and shrapnel regularly falls from the sky, open vehicles don't seem to make any sense to me unless you've got a death wish. Armored doors and bullet resistant glass with louvers makes far more sense to me than riding around in the open.

But yea, motorcycles would be bad azz! :cool:

Atticus Batman
08-05-2013, 08:36 PM
In a world where everything is shooting at everything else and shrapnel regularly falls from the sky, open vehicles don't seem to make any sense to me unless you've got a death wish. Armored doors and bullet resistant glass with louvers makes far more sense to me than riding around in the open.

But yea, motorcycles would be bad azz! :cool:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090608151127/batman/images/8/8c/Batcycle_02.jpg

http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2008/08/29/batcycle_n7dIf_69.jpg

Rakshasa
08-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Option 1: Add 2-wheeler vehicles that use the existing physics and control model the game uses for 4-wheelers. Listen to people complain "omgwtf these dont control anything liek a dirtbike, u cant even tilt or flip them, havent these %&#*@s ever driven a 2-wheeler, these guys cant do anything right!!!11!!1!!!!1"

Option 2: Take the additional development time and resources to code a new system that would be accurate for driving 2-wheelers. Listen to people complain "omgwtf i cant buhleeve they wasted time doing sumthing liek this that sum peeple dont even want when we r still waiting on dlc and bug fixes, these guys cant do anything right!!!1!!!11!"

It's entirely possible they don't find either of those two options terribly appealing, and figure the cars, trucks, buggies, ATVs and carts we already have to choose from are sufficient. Not that I personally wouldn't enjoy being able to ride around on a moped delivering pizzas to the outposts, GTA Vice City-style. I would, but I can see where they wouldn't consider this a priority.