PDA

View Full Version : The old region lock...

Jade Hasegawa
08-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Yes I know there are other threads but I cannot find a clear answer, has the PS3 region lock been removed?

I quit a while ago as the game is boring with no friends and the game was laggy and buggy (logging in to see I had no character for example) now all mu buddies in USA and Canada arepicking the game up and asking me to start once more, if i can play with no region lock fine, I am not going through the bullcrapof making a new account and setting it to USA just to play thats a bad business model to seperate the players like this:(

I play a lot of online games on PS3 and PC and yet this is the first region lock I have ever seen or heard of!

QUIK420
08-04-2013, 01:05 PM
There's good and bad news for you. In the upcoming DLC you will be able to choose what region you want to set your character to. The bad news is that you only have that option for new characters.

JxSiN
08-04-2013, 08:53 PM
The rollout that lets you change regions still makes you start from scratch as you cannot port your character over. So basically it is the same as having an NA and EU profile only you just need one profile. So, just get a headstart like I did and make a new profile on the other region.

Chump Norris
08-04-2013, 11:39 PM
The rollout that lets you change regions still makes you start from scratch as you cannot port your character over. So basically it is the same as having an NA and EU profile only you just need one profile. So, just get a headstart like I did and make a new profile on the other region.

How hard is it to make a EU PSN if you are in the US? I remember waaaaaaaay back in the day having someone make me a japanese PSN because they looked cool to me now I dont even remember the info for it lol

JxSiN
08-04-2013, 11:43 PM
How hard is it to make a EU PSN if you are in the US? I remember waaaaaaaay back in the day having someone make me a japanese PSN because they looked cool to me now I dont even remember the info for it lol

Lol I had a EU friend make it and I made him a NA one in return :)

drackiller
08-05-2013, 04:57 AM
Lol I had a EU friend make it and I made him a NA one in return :)

It`s a way to do it. I just invented the data for mine :) Researched adresses and voilá :)