PDA

View Full Version : Have they increased orange drop rates from lockboxes?

RealHoosier07
08-04-2013, 03:42 PM
The reason I'm asking is I'm wondering if I just had a stroke of luck. In my first 2300 ego, I had one orange, but in the last 2 weeks, I've gotten 4 more. The only one that sucks is the FRC Tele-Spanner. I'm just shocked at how lucky I've been I guess. The weapons I have gotten are..

Vot Tachmag pulser with lightening nano
Synergy: Quartermaster
1.10 fire rate
1.03 fire rate
1.25 melee
15% grenade refresh on a kill
Weapon mastery bonus: x1.10 crit
melee: syphon

*I just realized last night that this is the 2nd highest possible fire rate in the whole game. The Tachmag Pulser legendary WITH Cannoneer and both fire rate bonuses is the highest in the game. I wonder if anyone even has that gun?? lol

Crash Boomer
synergy: Survivalist loadout
+.40 full damage radius
25% speed boost on an explosive kill
x1.10 fire rate
Melee: Radiation
No weapon mastery yet

VBI SMG with Radiation nano
Synergy: Assassin
x1.25 crit
x1.03 fire rate
x1.10 fir rate
10% ego refresh on full reload
weapon mastery: x.75 recoil

So....is it normal to get the 2 best legendary SMG's in the game, both with 13% fire rate increases and other great bonuses? lol I'm just shocked because I don't have luck like this in games where you have lotto chances to get stuff.

Iceberg
08-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Random is random, good job though. I am almost at 3k ego and have yet to see one.

nathanpbutler
08-04-2013, 04:50 PM
I was wondering the same. Before the last two weeks, I hadn't gotten a single orange, despite playing since Day 1. In the last two weeks, I have gotten FIVE, all out of tier 2 lockboxes. (2 rocket launchers, 2 BMGs, and one shield. Now, if only I could get a friggin' grenade to finish out that pursuit...)

Youkai Risu
08-04-2013, 05:27 PM
I m not sure the last month I ve gotten greens and blues out of every tier. I finally just gave up.

Valethar
08-04-2013, 05:29 PM
I highly doubt it's actually been increased. The last orange I picked up was during Alpha. Thousands of keys spent since, and no oranges have dropped for me.

FearDaBeard
08-04-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm around EGO 1750 and I've only gotten one orange; a shield around EGO 1400 from the promotional T3 you get from putting in those codes.

RealHoosier07
08-04-2013, 05:58 PM
One thing I've always stuck to is that I never buy a lockbox at the same location I just bought a bunch of keycodes...AND I usually buy lockboxes at "out of the way" locations. I'm sure it doesn't matter, but I have my superstitions. lol

nathanpbutler
08-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Of my five in the last couple of weeks, they were all from either the Headlands Transit Depot or Iron Demon Ranch boxes. I only ever bother with those because I have been a bit of a vehicle collector, so I tend to fast travel to those.

Krauser
08-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Never got an orange or anything worth using from a lock box, stopped buying them about two weeks into the game. I spend all my keys on synergy mods now, and all I get are blues and greens. I did get a purple shield at an arkfall today. I may try a lockbox, just to see what I get. If I get an orange I may try a tier 3 from time to time.

QUIK420
08-04-2013, 07:27 PM
I pulled like 3 terrible oranges when I was pre-1500 EGO. Basically from launch to a month or so later. I pulled them mostly from T3 lockboxes and maybe 1 from T4.

Then they changed the percentages of the lockboxes and since then (1500-3800 EGO) I have pulled zero oranges from T3s and 5 from T4s. I had been buying two or three T4s then a T3 then rinse and repeat. However, with the way my random luck has been going ill be sticking to T4s. That being said I have pulled my fair share of T4 boxes with NO legendaries or epics:mad:

I dont grind keys i use them as they come (when I realize I have 65 or so I buy boxes) and I buy randomly from whatever vendor I an nearest to.

Krauser
08-05-2013, 01:13 AM
Got one tier 3, all crappy blues, all went to ark salvage.

I think I'll go back to collecting synergy mods.

Miffy
08-05-2013, 04:51 AM
i am over 2000 EGO , never got ORANGE item >..< almost 60 weapons was use to exchange to ark salvage.

MaxSterling
08-05-2013, 05:33 AM
It's possible that the loot boost weekend also increases your chances for "better" loot. As for whether the chances have changed... same old, same old for me.

JaskaJii
08-05-2013, 06:01 AM
Dat Tachmag Pulser... I would love a gun like that (so far my most cherished gun has been a green Tachmag Pulser with Syphon nano, absolutely a blast to spray around with :D) I wish I got oranges I'd actually want to use. So far the weapons I least like are Pistols, Shotguns and LMGs. I've gotten 3 legendaries; two pistols and one shotgun. :eek:

But I've also been wondering about the drop rate. People here say they've never gotten a legendary gun, yet I've received 3 in about 80 hours of playtime, from about 10-15 Tier 4 lockboxes.

PurePlayinSerb
08-05-2013, 07:15 AM
One thing I've always stuck to is that I never buy a lockbox at the same location I just bought a bunch of keycodes...AND I usually buy lockboxes at "out of the way" locations. I'm sure it doesn't matter, but I have my superstitions. lol

i bought 3 tier 4's at the same location and got a nice purple in everyone, got a orange in the first and another orange in the third one

Alexri
08-05-2013, 07:56 AM
I have noticed more oranges lately, so maybe. Started buying only tier 2 boxes though, so wasn't sure if that was the reason. Have pretty much gotten one legendary every day lately.

Btw, no, those are not the two best SMGs in the game. They're ok, but nothing special. The tachmag has semi-decent non-crit DPS, but poor crit dps, making it best for PVP - for which it lacks syphon. The VBI SMG is fairly good, but would still be beaten by dual crit+cannoneer, which is possible to get on green weapons.

i am over 2000 EGO , never got ORANGE item >..< almost 60 weapons was use to exchange to ark salvage.

Hope you mean "today"

PurePlayinSerb
08-05-2013, 03:19 PM
i bought 3 tier 4's at the same location and got a nice purple in everyone, got a orange in the first and another orange in the third one

bought another got shtako, and on my 5th got another orange... i swear i listened to these forums started buying tier 3's for a month got nothing, listened to these forums started buying tier 2's for a week, got nothing, stop listening to these forums and go back to the tier that got me my first legendary, and get 3 legendary's out of 5 tries... it may not work for any of you but it sure as hell works for me

RealHoosier07
08-05-2013, 11:38 PM
bought another got shtako, and on my 5th got another orange... i swear i listened to these forums started buying tier 3's for a month got nothing, listened to these forums started buying tier 2's for a week, got nothing, stop listening to these forums and go back to the tier that got me my first legendary, and get 3 legendary's out of 5 tries... it may not work for any of you but it sure as hell works for me

I do think those 2 are the best smg's. I personally don't like burst guns, so the other smg's just aren't that good to me. The FRC Sub-Carbine is good, but I'm just not a fan of burst fire weapons. The FRC Heavy Assault Carbine is the only one I like with burst +3 mod, because it's glitched and acts like full auto when you rapidly tap the trigger. That gun is a volge killer, especially with Syphon or Radiation.

Also, to the other poster, that's why I said the Tachmag Pulser I have is the 2nd highest fire rate, because the only one higher is tachmag pulser with cannoneer.

EDIT: oops it responded to the wrong poster. sorry

theLimper
08-05-2013, 11:50 PM
I've noticed an increase in my opinion though a decrease in purples vastly.
1st orange ego 50
2nd orange ego 150s
3rd orange ego 600s
4th - 9th orange all in ego 1100s in three days time.

RealHoosier07
08-06-2013, 12:23 AM
I have noticed more oranges lately, so maybe. Started buying only tier 2 boxes though, so wasn't sure if that was the reason. Have pretty much gotten one legendary every day lately.

Btw, no, those are not the two best SMGs in the game. They're ok, but nothing special. The tachmag has semi-decent non-crit DPS, but poor crit dps, making it best for PVP - for which it lacks syphon. The VBI SMG is fairly good, but would still be beaten by dual crit+cannoneer, which is possible to get on green weapons.

Hope you mean "today"

You are right about the numbers when you talk about double crit plus cannoneer. What you're missing is that green weapons can't get "10% ego recharge on full reload", which is an amazing bonus to have. When I use that gun, my ego power recharges in no time, in an arkfall I trigger my overcharge twice as much as I used to with my blue VBI SMG without that 10% ego recharge on full reload. Also, what I and many others have seemed to notice is that nano effects trigger more as the rarity of the weapon goes up. Whites don't seem to trigger much at all, whereas my oranges seem to trigger constantly. lol Greens and blues are good guns, but they don't get other bonuses that really help your sustained DPS.

Besides, using the Crit as the basis of measurement isn't really accurate, because not every bullet hits crit and there are lots of enemies that have crit spots that only come out once a while and are small. When measuring DPS, you have to measure on the base DPS, because most of you bullets are going to be hitting non crit spots on most enemies.

But anyway, I only meant that the VBI SMG and TachMag are what most consider the best smg's in the game. I didn't imply that I had the 2 best oranges in the game with the best bonuses, I was just mentioning that they had very high fire rates. I disagree about my Tachmag's crit DPS, I have a x1.07 damage mod and it has a fire rate of 28.3(damage is 135)..thats a crit dps of 6,509...I think thats pretty darn high actually.

Alexri
08-06-2013, 02:29 AM
What you're missing is that green weapons can't get "10% ego recharge on full reload", which is an amazing bonus to have.

There's a perk that gives you 15%, so while it's a nice bonus, I hardly think it's that necessary.

Also, what I and many others have seemed to notice is that nano effects trigger more as the rarity of the weapon goes up

Ah, yes, that. I wanted to know for certain whether it was the case, so one day I sat down with a spreadsheet, the hulker, two different colored weapons, and experimented. Emptied the entire ammo reserve of two tachmags into the thing in a controlled manner 10 times each, which means 5750 bullets for each weapon. The results were interesting to say the least.

RealHoosier07
08-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Yes, but with an orange weapon you can stack both the 10% ego recharge on full reload WITH the 15% ego recharge perk and it's that much better. My point is only that oranges have bonuses others don't...and that matters when it comes to dps.

LOOKxATxTHISxI
08-06-2013, 01:59 PM
I've got a friend who is around 3600 ego level and has yet to pull even a ****ty orange drop. I feel bad for the guy, he has spent probably 100 bucks in the store on bits for vehicles/suits/inventory slots/and prob 20-30 in boxes. He will grind for keys and spend legit money on it too but he is about ready to give up. All he wants is a stinking orange to drop for himself. I've offered several of mine to him but he's stubborn.

That being said I'm sure there are many in that same boat who are about ready to give up because of the ridiculous drop rates. I could care less. I need a shield/grenade for the pursuits and ill be done with the lock odes altogether. I would rather get synergy mods than multiple orange pump shotguns with a 200% melee damage after a self revive. Nice trolling trion how about a real mod boost and give me a reload perk.

RealHoosier07
08-06-2013, 04:41 PM
I've got a friend who is around 3600 ego level and has yet to pull even a ****ty orange drop. I feel bad for the guy, he has spent probably 100 bucks in the store on bits for vehicles/suits/inventory slots/and prob 20-30 in boxes. He will grind for keys and spend legit money on it too but he is about ready to give up. All he wants is a stinking orange to drop for himself. I've offered several of mine to him but he's stubborn.

That being said I'm sure there are many in that same boat who are about ready to give up because of the ridiculous drop rates. I could care less. I need a shield/grenade for the pursuits and ill be done with the lock odes altogether. I would rather get synergy mods than multiple orange pump shotguns with a 200% melee damage after a self revive. Nice trolling trion how about a real mod boost and give me a reload perk.

Thats why we need weapon crafting. If you are level 3600 and haven't gotten a legendary, thats ridiculous. Most people want a reward for all that time put in. If we could craft our own guns, but make it a HUGE HUGE grind to craft an orange, people would love it. I would happily spend 20 hours of gameplay to make sure I was building the weapon I want. We need that. I just hope their crafting system is good when they introduce it. We shall see. I have a feeling its only for mods and synergy mods.

They could even make it an unlockable to craft each rarity of weapon. I would have purples and oranges something that only ego 3500 and above could craft. This would make sure that Trion doesn't lose money on people purchasing bits for lockboxes, because the people that spend that money would still buy them all the way to level 4500(if that was the ego level required). Lets do it Trion! lol

LOOKxATxTHISxI
08-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Thats why we need weapon crafting. If you are level 3600 and haven't gotten a legendary, thats ridiculous. Most people want a reward for all that time put in. If we could craft our own guns, but make it a HUGE HUGE grind to craft an orange, people would love it. I would happily spend 20 hours of gameplay to make sure I was building the weapon I want. We need that. I just hope their crafting system is good when they introduce it. We shall see. I have a feeling its only for mods and synergy mods.

They could even make it an unlockable to craft each rarity of weapon. I would have purples and oranges something that only ego 3500 and above could craft. This would make sure that Trion doesn't lose money on people purchasing bits for lockboxes, because the people that spend that money would still buy them all the way to level 4500(if that was the ego level required). Lets do it Trion! lol
+ 1. I'm assuming things will get somewhat ironed out. I'm puzzled at how some of these things ever made it past q/a. The infectors/detonators having a wasted 95k salvage sight attachment. The shottys having a x1.25 etc... Bonus on an orange kills me. I've got a few orange shottys with 2 bonus mag enhancers which equal one stinking round per enhancement. I can go to iron demon ranch right now and get the cheapest white/green shotty in the game and make it more valuable than the lot of worthless orange shotguns I have.

Port Stinson kicked out 2 orange smgs to me by purchasing the lowest tier boxes. Bought a total of 8 wound up with 2 orange and 2 purples the rest a mix of blue/green. I buy 6 tier 3 boxes and nothing but green. Insane

RealHoosier07
08-06-2013, 06:11 PM
tier 3 has quite a high drop rate for greens. Thats why I started going with tier 4. I have 4 oranges that all came from tier 4, and they all have good bonuses. I'm starting to think that tier 4 not only has a higher chance for orange, but gives better bonuses on those oranges as well