PDA

View Full Version : will the beta client transition to live?

mikeyeli
03-29-2013, 09:24 PM
So I still have my Beta client installed, when the game launches will I still be able to just upgrade and use it in live? or do i have to redownload the whole thing again?

Xtheoneandonly
03-29-2013, 09:25 PM
You have to uninstall the beta client before trying to install the real game.

Mcdragon
03-29-2013, 09:25 PM
nope you have to use your pre purchase code or buy the game on release day and download the new client

Enigma
03-29-2013, 09:27 PM
You have to uninstall the beta client before trying to install the real game.

Really? Are you 100% positive of that? Because I'm installing the actual game with the beta still installed.

So I still have my Beta client installed, when the game launches will I still be able to just upgrade and use it in live? or do i have to redownload the whole thing again?

Nope, you'll need to re-download the whole thing again.

Merkery N16
03-29-2013, 09:28 PM
No, this is the same in most games

Broken Drum
03-29-2013, 09:28 PM
They are both on my PC - different folders so no conflict that I can see.

I suppose I could have deleted the beta but I just pre-loaded the game and saw no issues - other than waiting another 3 days <sigh>

Arsenic_Touch
03-29-2013, 09:29 PM
The beta files are separate from the live game. There is no reason to keep the beta because it will not patch to retail.

Xtheoneandonly
03-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Really? Are you 100% positive of that? Because I'm installing the actual game with the beta still installed.

Got it straight from the horse's mouth (sledgehammer70)

Enigma
03-29-2013, 09:30 PM
I just pre-loaded the game and saw no issues - other than waiting another 3 days <sigh>

I feel your pain. The only difference being mines only going to take another 14 hours.

Got it straight from the horse's mouth (sledgehammer70)

Well as you can see, both Broken Drum and I have them both installed with no issues.

mikeyeli
03-29-2013, 09:36 PM

Well, that sucks, but thank you all for your quick answers! just wanted to know if I could avoid re-downloading another 10gigs

Xtheoneandonly
03-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Well yes, you can avoid downloading it again.....but that would require a physical copy of the game, a bucket of chicken blood, and some unsavory rituals...

mikeyeli
03-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Well yes, you can avoid downloading it again.....but that would require a physical copy of the game, a bucket of chicken blood, and some unsavory rituals...

lol, and what would the chicken blood and unsavory rituals be for?

Arsenic_Touch
03-29-2013, 09:42 PM

Keep you entertained while the game installs off the disk.

Broken Drum

Something to do until the game goes live.

Xtheoneandonly
Actually it's to turn back time so you could acquire a physical copy rather than the digital copy

Xtheoneandonly
03-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Still...it's dangerous....I wouldn't recommend actually using the rituals. You could paint your neighbor's house with the chicken blood instead. How's that for an April Fool's prank?

Enigma
03-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Still...it's dangerous....I wouldn't recommend actually using the rituals. You could paint your neighbor's house with the chicken blood instead. How's that for an April Fool's prank?

Dog's blood works better. Just sayin'

Xtheoneandonly
03-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Yeah but killing the neighbor's dog to get the blood kinda takes it a little too far....with the chicken blood you still have the chicken that you can make something tasty out of in apology

Valethar
03-29-2013, 10:26 PM
How's that for an April Fool's prank?

Heh.. I'm on vacation that week, but planning on sneaking back in to zip tie a friends office door closed that day. /innocence

Hopswigh
03-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Yeah but killing the neighbor's dog to get the blood kinda takes it a little too far....with the chicken blood you still have the chicken that you can make something tasty out of in apology

You may at least be able to sell the dog meat to the local Chinese joint and break even on the whole deal.

Valethar
03-29-2013, 10:33 PM
You may at least be able to sell the dog meat to the local Chinese joint and break even on the whole deal.

Korean.

I'd rather grill the chicken. I won't eat something that I know licks it's own nads. :p

Enigma
03-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Heh.. I'm on vacation that week, but planning on sneaking back in to zip tie a friends office door closed that day. /innocence

Should totally add a recording of some females whispering or making.. noises.. and put it on loop, so when he can't get in, he busts down the door, only to find no one in there.

Arsenic_Touch
03-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Korean.

I'd rather grill the chicken. I won't eat something that I know licks it's own nads. :p

But you'll let it lick your face? inconsistent man.

WrittenByCobra
03-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a slightly strange and completely off-topic discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments on-topic and constructive at all times on our forums.

Thank you! :)