PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Ego ratings and rarity - how does it impact weapon stats?

Merk
08-04-2013, 05:03 PM
I very often get weapons with the same stats other then having a different ego rating.

The only difference i can see between them is the one with a higher ego rating usually sells for more at a vendor. So does ego rating have any effects at all on a weapon other then my having to meet the ego requirement for that weapon? i.e. am i better off selling the higher ego rated weapon since it'll give me more money if all the other stats are the same?

Also, with weapon rarity, it doesn't really seem like there's much difference between them. I've got blue's and greens and there seems to be no significant difference between them usually. In fact very often it seems like a green has better stats then a blue. I've got a handful of purples, and those seem to be a bit better then the greens and blues, but not by a huge amount. Haven't gotten any oranges yet so can't comment on those.

That's one thing in this game i'm a little disappointed with - no matter how many arkfalls i do i very rarely seem to get anything really good.

squidgod2000
08-04-2013, 05:24 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?99055-Mav-s-Guide-to-Weapon-Bonus-Rolls-and-More&highlight=mav%27s+guide

JxSiN
08-04-2013, 05:39 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?99055-Mav-s-Guide-to-Weapon-Bonus-Rolls-and-More&highlight=mav%27s+guide

^^ Swag beat me to it. That guide goes into great detail on rolls and rarities.

Just a few quick highlights...
Mastery bonuses are most affected as the more rare the weapon, the better the mastery bonus (ex. Dmg mastery bonus: 1.01 white, 1.02 green, 1.03 blue, 1.04 purple, 1.05 orange)

The more rare the weapon, the extra number of rolls it gets (with the exception of the BMG, seeing how an orange has the SAME exact number of rolls as a purple---so only the mastery is better for these).

Just grab a cup of tea, coffee, wine, or your favorite beer, and sit down and look through Maverick's guide. It is an awesome source of info

Merk
08-04-2013, 06:32 PM
So basically the ego and rarity effect the number of mod slots the weapon might start out with as well as the bonuses it might start with or get once you master the weapon. So right now for me there probably wont be too much of a difference between green and blue and the ego rating will basically be pointless. I'm currently getting 500-700 ego rating weapons.

To me the number of slots it starts with is kind of pointless since you can pretty easily add more slots. although - i'm guessing the higher ego rated the weapon it is the more the slots cost in resources? The only thing that really seems somewhat important is the rarity, since i can't modify the weapon to increase the bonuses higher rarity gives.

JxSiN
08-04-2013, 07:00 PM
So basically the ego and rarity effect the number of mod slots the weapon might start out with as well as the bonuses it might start with or get once you master the weapon. So right now for me there probably wont be too much of a difference between green and blue and the ego rating will basically be pointless. I'm currently getting 500-700 ego rating weapons.

To me the number of slots it starts with is kind of pointless since you can pretty easily add more slots. although - i'm guessing the higher ego rated the weapon it is the more the slots cost in resources? The only thing that really seems somewhat important is the rarity, since i can't modify the weapon to increase the bonuses higher rarity gives.

That's prett spot on