PDA

View Full Version : August 5th or 6th

GiantInMaine
08-05-2013, 11:48 AM
The server update post is saying both.

nevermind obviously tomorrow as it says 6am but there is a typo in there saying it's today and tomorrow in the same post.

Sledgehammer70
08-05-2013, 11:55 AM
It is on the 6th.. my fat fingers made a typo.

GiantInMaine
08-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Yeah was pretty obvious if I would of just used my brain a little lol :)

Olaf
08-05-2013, 12:01 PM

Is it a hardware update? Or will we see patch notes?

Schmiznurf
08-05-2013, 12:04 PM
I love that the EU thread about the server update still uses PT. Yeah, because everyone on the eu server uses PT.

It's not hard for you as a community manager to actually check the times for GMT and GMT+1 now is it.

Balikye
08-05-2013, 12:10 PM
I love that the EU thread about the server update still uses PT. Yeah, because everyone on the eu server uses PT.

It's not hard for you as a community manager to actually check the times for GMT and GMT+1 now is it.What, and use some actual effort? Bah.

JxSiN
08-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Is this message in game or on the forums? I haven't been able to find it here but haven't been in game yet

Sledgehammer70
08-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Is this message in game or on the forums? I haven't been able to find it here but haven't been in game yet

You can see all messaging posted in the Server Status section of the forums. http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Defiance-Server-Status

dominad
08-05-2013, 12:59 PM
2 hours of downtime are you going to fix anything this time? Like the snipers or costume issues or lag?
Have to agree please remove PT time.
Please do not break anymore or the last couple of people on my friends list who still play will probably stop too. The fact the DLC is still not out is making people very unhappy. I am assuming this is not the DLC since you and Elizabeth said on the live stream you would shout it from the proverbial roof top.
End of the first week of august and no dlc still.. waiting is boring.

kev2841
08-05-2013, 12:59 PM
No it's not because of your fingers. It happens to the best of us! Next time use chop sticks or a pen.

JxSiN
08-05-2013, 01:01 PM
You can see all messaging posted in the Server Status section of the forums. http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Defiance-Server-Status

Thanks Sledge. Usually when I'm on my phone I just have general and trade forums pulled up. Didn't think about going to the server section. Thanks again

Schmiznurf
08-05-2013, 01:07 PM
What, and use some actual effort? Bah.

True, it is a rather tedious task to attend to in order to communicate efficiently with the community.

dominad
08-05-2013, 01:09 PM
True, it is a rather tedious task to attend to in order to communicate efficiently with the community.
Don't pick on people with fat fingers! It is like when I have long nail extensions on it impacts typing and gaming!

Schmiznurf
08-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Don't pick on people with fat fingers! It is like when I have long nail extensions on it impacts typing and gaming!

I would never pick on someone with fat fingers as I have them myself. Sometimes my nails are too long too.

dominad
08-05-2013, 01:16 PM
I would never pick on someone with fat fingers as I have them myself. Sometimes my nails are too long too.
I was joking hun :P

Schmiznurf
08-05-2013, 01:25 PM
I was joking hun :P

I know ;-P

Atticus Batman
08-05-2013, 08:44 PM

It's not hard for you as a community manager to actually check the times for GMT and GMT+1 now is it.

Maybe it's more important for us on PT to know whe your EU server is going down!

CyrusKhane
08-05-2013, 09:07 PM

If it's so easy, do it yourself? In the time it took you to whine at him, you could've figured it out. People complain too much on these forums.

nathanpbutler
08-05-2013, 09:07 PM
I can only hope this will fix whatever the hell is causing my character to frequently stutter and move slowly as if his feet are stuck in the ground, unable to move at even moderate speed without jumping and/or rolling. It didn't begin doing so until about a week or so ago.

Valethar
08-05-2013, 09:20 PM
If it's so easy, do it yourself? In the time it took you to whine at him, you could've figured it out.

I was just thinking the same thing. LOL

Deikon
08-05-2013, 09:23 PM
I can only hope this will fix whatever the hell is causing my character to frequently stutter and move slowly as if his feet are stuck in the ground, unable to move at even moderate speed without jumping and/or rolling. It didn't begin doing so until about a week or so ago.

I experience something similar to this during crowded arkfalls and always after I pick up loot in front of the crystal. I pick up said loot but move really slow afterward, way worse than p**p boots. I have always found the solution to this is to bring up my loadout screen and then back out once its up (it may take several tries to do this, for me anyway from lag). I then move fine with no problems. I should wait until the arkfall is over, then go collect the loot but I'm afraid that I will get kicked (which has happened to me a few times).

huddy17
08-05-2013, 10:03 PM
I got the same problem occurring, and as last poster stated open load-outs, but I've found that if I actually swap load-outs and then exit the menu screens it is fixed for me. I am instantly free to go back in and switch back to the previous load-out. Without any issues most of the time.

theLimper
08-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Lucky. It happened to me In freight yard today and even swapping I could get it to stop. I have to exit to the ps3 home and start the game back up.

Schmiznurf
08-05-2013, 11:09 PM
If it's so easy, do it yourself? In the time it took you to whine at him, you could've figured it out. People complain too much on these forums.

I knew what time it was before I posted. My point is,that as a community manager he should at least do things for the community as a whole, instead of for all the yankee-doodles. But then again, Trion doesn't care about their fanbase anywhere but the US of A, so why should they?

Arsenic_Touch
08-05-2013, 11:18 PM
People this is a server maintenance, not a patch. Though technically we're due a patch with their bi-weekly updates, there hasn't been anything about it.