PDA

View Full Version : VagabondDestroy Piper Devices

Ex Ranger Smith
08-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Need advice on getting through this one, what weapons are best for this mission.... a very green recruit... LOL

Atticus Batman
08-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Sorry I would need a refresh on the mission before I can give advice.

If that is the Solo mission, and you are fairly new, then do the Nolan missions and get his purple AR. Use it with Overcharge and if you have one a cluster grenade is nice as well. Remember to dodge, take your time and keep trying. You'll get it eventually.

Iceberg
08-05-2013, 06:07 PM
sounds like the one with the devices that attract the hell bugs and you have to fight the rouge e-rep soldiers?

Buruko
08-05-2013, 09:06 PM
This one has been tone down as far as the rogue e-rep super troopers.

There are three stages: Meet Rynn, Gather Recorders, Destroy the Piper project.

So the first stage is a fire fight with E-Rep and some bugs. Kill the e-rep first, take note of the e-rep standing on a platform against the tower inside the yard, he's a pain and can be missed in a 'wth is shooting me moment'. Then kill the Monarch and hellbugs that spawn. Your suppose to destroy the Piper devices, you can wait to destroy these after you deal with the e-rep as doing so before hand just makes you a target longer and doesn't effect the hell bugs at all either way.

Watch the cut scene.

Then ride to three different locations to gather data recorders. Typically you can rush the recorders and get out before e-rep spawns, but if they do use cover and take them out.

Get to the base, meet with Rynn and Eren then go take out the Piper project. This is a few waves of mobs at various sections of a bunker setting. You can use creative cover to knock out the e-reps with a sniper rifle, or just get down and dirty guerrilla fighting. Honestly in close quarters it will depend on what works for you.

Good luck.

WhiteF8ng
08-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Need advice on getting through this one, what weapons are best for this mission.... a very green recruit... LOL

1. Pyro grenade or fire weapon. This is so you can get the Hellbug Warriors to enter burn stun and open their squishy mouths for mega damage faster.
2. A weapon you can fire from long range. I'd go with a sniper rifle.
3. Backtrack if you have to. Don't be Leroy Jenkins... Use the cover given because it is a bit sparse.

I went through this with a 2nd char before the E-rep nerf and i had never been so happy to see a white detonator drop off of a hellbug. This mission's fairly managable now....