PDA

View Full Version : Server Status update

Woodlouse
08-06-2013, 08:20 AM
So I guess Trion doesnt update the server status thread after server maintinence anymore?

TravelerX1
08-06-2013, 08:21 AM
We are lucky we got a warning on the System ;)

EV76
08-06-2013, 09:40 AM
So is the maintenance done?

theLimper
08-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Its done I've already logged back on but failed to see any updates. I'm guessing it was just a reset?

TravelerX1
08-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Still holding on to a glimmer of hope for DLC today, LOL
No PS Store update and they could have snuck the bulk of the data in on the last big client side update :P

Come on! I am Tri'n!

EV76
08-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Its done I've already logged back on but failed to see any updates. I'm guessing it was just a reset?

Thanks for the info. Well that's a positive, at least no negative effects.

TravelerX1
08-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Anyone check the store for new recolors?

ncanning
08-06-2013, 10:12 AM
I just played for over an hour. I think I loaded in a little faster, but I saw no obvious changes.

No, there is nothing new in the store. No, there were no new pursuits.

EV76
08-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Anyone check the store for new recolors?

Speaking of recolors, is there a metallic dunni you can buy? Or of similar color as the dodge challenger? I saw one last night being driven by a low ego player. I had never seen one until then.

Sledgehammer70
08-06-2013, 10:21 AM
The downtime today did not have patch notes or direct updates to the game. It was downtime for updates to the servers the game is running on.

cusman
08-06-2013, 10:47 AM
The downtime today did not have patch notes or direct updates to the game. It was downtime for updates to the servers the game is running on.

I guess you mean like Server OS/driver etc software updates instead of any updates to the game code

Woodlouse
08-06-2013, 11:00 AM

the point of the thread is that when the service was done it was not posted as done. Why should we have to get on our console or PC and try to load the game to check to see when servers are back up when we should beable to look on the server status page here in the forums?

dahanese
08-06-2013, 11:06 AM
the point of the thread is that when the service was done it was not posted as done. Why should we have to get on our console or PC and try to load the game to check to see when servers are back up when we should beable to look on the server status page here in the forums?

You are right - and we aren't going to stop with patch notes and updates.

TravelerX1
08-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Sledge and dahanese you have crushed my hopes and dreams!
J/K. Thanks for the update.

crasher
08-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Sledge and dahanese you have crushed my hopes and dreams!
J/K. Thanks for the update.
You had it easy.
I had to get married for that to happen.

:D

MacDeath
08-06-2013, 12:14 PM
You are right - and we aren't going to stop with patch notes and updates.

IMO, it would be cool to have a server status page like Rift has so we could check Server status from our phones.

TravelerX1
08-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Someone please slap me........
I feel the troll in me coming out again....
MUST... RESIST..........

Indra Echo
08-06-2013, 01:03 PM
IMO, it would be cool to have a server status page like Rift has so we could check Server status from our phones.

Meh, I don't know about Rift at all but most games I've played don't even tell you anything. You got to log in and just can't. And then you go and look for the server status info and it's often wrong so I just keep trying. Even MS and Sony don't do a great job of informing about anything. MS had an outage awhile back and everyone was having problems but the server status page said it was all up and running. About 4 hours later, it said it was down. And it still said that when it was back online.

Anyway there is the forum status page which I'm sure you know about--here:

http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Defiance-Server-Status

Some also put the stuff on twitter but really I'm so sick of twitter I could scream. I say if you have a forum use that to communicate with your customers.

crasher
08-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Meh, I don't know about Rift at all but most games I've played don't even tell you anything. You got to log in and just can't. And then you go and look for the server status info and it's often wrong so I just keep trying. Even MS and Sony don't do a great job of informing about anything. MS had an outage awhile back and everyone was having problems but the server status page said it was all up and running. About 4 hours later, it said it was down. And it still said that when it was back online.

Anyway there is the forum status page which I'm sure you know about--here:

http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Defiance-Server-Status

Some also put the stuff on twitter but really I'm so sick of twitter I could scream. I say if you have a forum use that to communicate with your customers.
A lot of it is an indication of just how much respect the company shows for the sheep.
They figure you wont stop playing over several 'little' things, and you forget the annoyances soon enough anyway, so why bother.

Regarding twitter and all, I dont twit and I shouldn't HAVE to, but I'm all for communications, just as long as the company respects me enough to inform me in the forum:

"Forum: General Discussion
Your one-stop shop for all things Defiance"

You tell me here, first, you can then put it anywhere else you want whenever you want.