PDA

View Full Version : Wandering Hulker - Disabled?

DarknessEyes PT
08-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Wandering Hulker emergency is disabled?

I remember to see a few Hulker emergencies but no Hulkers in the past.
Now i don't see the emergencies or the hulkers...

Anyone seen any or Trion disabled them?

Yes, i know theres a hulker in San Quentin :)

GiantInMaine
08-06-2013, 11:44 AM

Now that you mention it I would have to say yes. I haven't seen any either.

Kibblehouse
08-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Well the Wandering Hulker is not disabled, at least not everywhere.

Personally I have not seen him in 2 spots he used to frequent since the "replay" went live. But last night I did run into him, there was a Scrapper Major in the southwest part of the map. When we finished the last satelite arkfall and were grabbing loot and spawning vehicles the Wandering Hulker popped. I managed to get out of there and head to the Progenitor before he noticed me, but I marked the loaction on my map. Once the Progenitor went down it was a dash back to bring down the hulker, he didnt last long with that big crowd.

That said thats the first Hulker I have seen "in the wild" in the last 2 weeks at least. I think he needs to be in regular rotation at his usual spots.

M0G
08-06-2013, 11:53 AM
OH YAAAA!

Good thought man! I totally forgot about them!

Well, im sure Trion removed them, I heard like 3 people got purple drops from them, and GOD knows we cant have that.

Plus a different enemy to fight? no no no no, don't be silly, that sort of things has to be removed ASAP man.

Indra Echo
08-06-2013, 01:08 PM
OH YAAAA!

Good thought man! I totally forgot about them!

Well, im sure Trion removed them, I heard like 3 people got purple drops from them, and GOD knows we cant have that.

Plus a different enemy to fight? no no no no, don't be silly, that sort of things has to be removed ASAP man.

The Wandering Hulker that I've seen that respawns is at Verdant Ridge. The one by Last Chance in the SW of the map is part of the Aegis Mission and must be triggered by someone who has not finished the mission.

The Verdant Ridge one is often bugged though. At times you will see the notice on the screen that you're near a Wandering Hulker but he's not around. At other times he will spawn and then promptly disappear. Sometimes, he will be around to fight. I'm assuming once again this is lag-related and it seems lag may be the real culprit for a lot of things.

DarknessEyes PT
08-06-2013, 01:27 PM
The Wandering Hulker that I've seen that respawns is at Verdant Ridge. The one by Last Chance in the SW of the map is part of the Aegis Mission and must be triggered by someone who has not finished the mission.

The Verdant Ridge one is often bugged though. At times you will see the notice on the screen that you're near a Wandering Hulker but he's not around. At other times he will spawn and then promptly disappear. Sometimes, he will be around to fight. I'm assuming once again this is lag-related and it seems lag may be the real culprit for a lot of things.

There was one wandering hulker near minwok ranch.

squidgod2000
08-06-2013, 01:53 PM

What happens is that when it does its charge attack it runs off into a phase, never to be seen again. Monarchs and Volge do the same thing.

sericks
08-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Thx guys iv been looking for him

Shadow Andreas
08-06-2013, 02:06 PM
There were two that I use to go find....one NW on the road from the Pow Farm....and one down at the crossroad to San Quentin. As far as I know....they are not there any longer....I have been there many times (both places) and they are no longer spawning. The last time I saw them was when we had the Weekly for collecting Hulker grenades....and I could not finish the contract because these two stopped spawning. Maybe they move from time to time....after all they are "wandering" Hulkers. I just have not been able to find them recently.

DarknessEyes PT
08-07-2013, 02:43 AM
What happens is that when it does its charge attack it runs off into a phase, never to be seen again. Monarchs and Volge do the same thing.

That was fixed in a patch. Before the patch you could see "Wandering Hulker" emergency tittle above the screen but no Hulker, now i don't even see any Hulker emergency.

squidgod2000
08-07-2013, 03:08 AM
That was fixed in a patch.

No it wasn't. All they did was slightly limit the max range that they would charge. Many of the emergency locations are still too close to phases.

DarknessEyes PT
08-07-2013, 03:17 AM
No it wasn't. All they did was slightly limit the max range that they would charge. Many of the emergency locations are still too close to phases.

Have to found that phase... must be full of hulkers O.o

Orbital
08-07-2013, 04:04 AM
It is just the replay emergencies, if you notice there aren't many (if any) standard raider, 99er, or mutant emergencies anymore. They are all the replay ones, and that will end probably near the end of the month when the DLC launches or whenever that is.

Evolution
08-07-2013, 06:30 AM

I think they're still in the emergency rotation, but they just had a rare chance of showing up before. Now, the Volge and newer Hellbug emergencies have been added into their rotation with an increased chance of spawning. Making the Wandering Hulker even more rare.

Hope499
08-07-2013, 07:03 AM
All I know is I am SICK of collecting pheromone samples for Varrus....like...really sick of it.

Can we have some of the older emergency's tossed in? More so the Hulker? (lovin the afflicted tho)

Elara Grimm
08-07-2013, 07:08 AM
All I know is I am SICK of collecting pheromone samples for Varrus....like...really sick of it.

Can we have some of the older emergency's tossed in? More so the Hulker? (lovin the afflicted tho)

I know what you mean.

I'm currently trying to figure out why he needs so many samples...

sericks
08-07-2013, 10:46 PM
He's a junkie

tregare
08-07-2013, 10:56 PM
He's a junkie

I heard that he hada thing for a certain hellbug matron :)