PDA

View Full Version : Deaths and revives

spudster
08-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Maybe it just me but id like to see the revive system revived to include npcs for title accumulation instead of just players only like gw2 does for instance I do try to revive anyone I can but most people seem to pop out to quickly to find them what does everyone else think?

Gomly
08-06-2013, 02:54 PM
For the revives at arkfalls .... I have 8.

And I do a lot of arkfalls.

Folk just don't seem to die at them. Lets be fair, apart from one or two main mission bosses and perhaps the Volge, you have to try in order to get killed.

I stand still on most arkfalls just bombing the crystal and rarely take much damage due to the amount of folk healing with BMG's.

I gave up looking for people to revive.

That's on PC EU.

If you play on PC EU and see ole Gomly at an arkfall .... do me a solid and get yourself killed .... for me .... pretty please.

THE GUDGE
08-06-2013, 04:23 PM
At arkfalls they should have once u enter the red circle u can only be revived by other players , no self revive active at Arkfalls i say that way u can get the achievement for 100 revives is taken me two months so far to get to 57 revive thats doing about 5 major arkfalls aday or so on , and being lucky to see somebody down . peace out and have fun

crasher
08-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Gomly:
1.) Hang out at A-falls near the beginning of the game where there are a higher percentage of n00bs.
2.) At A-falls with blastpods, put your weapon aside instead of shooting the rock for a bit and watch out for ppl needing revives/rez's. Lots of n00bs get offed by pods before they learn to keep moving....

And I think that system msg should tuck a note into your text line that says "You were rez'd by <Fill in the blank.>" when you get your game-life handed back to you by someone who stopped shooting long enough to help you get back into the play.

Diablo63
08-06-2013, 11:16 PM
If there was an achievement for crawling on the ground until someone revived you. I would get it every time I play the game. I play on the pc(grim), 360 (diablo63/diablo63) and ps3(garfield63/Raytak).

CatPhish
08-07-2013, 12:08 AM
If there was an achievement for crawling on the ground until someone revived you. I would get it every time I play the game. I play on the pc(grim), 360 (diablo63/diablo63) and ps3(garfield63/Raytak).

Ditto. I'll still have my self-revive available but crawl around on the ground like "hey guys, free arkfall revive." Nobody bothers. I revive myself and roll my eyes.

A s0t
08-07-2013, 12:11 AM
get a friend, have them blow themselves up and revive them. just need to be in the big giant red circle

crasher
08-07-2013, 02:07 AM
get a friend, have them blow themselves up and revive them. just need to be in the big giant red circle
Thats like writing yourself a big check and telling everyone you got a check for a million scrip in your wallet....

Less trouble to just say you got the 100 rezzes....

Etaew
08-07-2013, 02:26 AM
My primary one would be to remove the self revive from arkfalls, encouraging the pursuit.

Having an indicator on the screen and map not just a crawling body that is easily overlooked.

As well as increasing the time to revive and the ability to have people join in the revives to speed it up (GW2 style).

drackiller
08-07-2013, 04:34 AM
Ditto. I'll still have my self-revive available but crawl around on the ground like "hey guys, free arkfall revive." Nobody bothers. I revive myself and roll my eyes.

The worst part is when you run to revive someone, you start reviving them and...they self-revive :(
I too crawl a lot but , per example, if your doing a small arkfall and it`s a blue cristal, they just ignore. Kill count.

Blondin
08-07-2013, 04:38 AM
My primary one would be to remove the self revive from arkfalls, encouraging the pursuit.

Having an indicator on the screen and map not just a crawling body that is easily overlooked.

As well as increasing the time to revive and the ability to have people join in the revives to speed it up (GW2 style).
Good ideas! Devs should look that :)

August Barkley
08-07-2013, 06:47 AM
I thought it was impossible. But right now I have no more than 14 people left to revive. I'm more concerned about the fact that the award gives an ugly outfit. One of the worst in the game. :(

Atticus Batman
08-07-2013, 10:33 AM
The worst part is when you run to revive someone, you start reviving them and...they self-revive :(
I too crawl a lot but , per example, if your doing a small arkfall and it`s a blue cristal, they just ignore. Kill count.

JUst keep holding that button. As long as you complete the whole revive ani it counts for you unless they patched it wich I doubt.

crasher
08-07-2013, 10:56 AM
JUst keep holding that button. As long as you complete the whole revive ani it counts for you unless they patched it wich I doubt.
Either they patched it or it was bugged for me.

It didn't work for my last few.

Atticus Batman
08-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Either they patched it or it was bugged for me.

It didn't work for my last few.

well that sucks. Atleast we now know they do still fix minor bugs though.

Btw get off that actual Pc. Your horse butt may break it!

EDIT: Sorry saw it in your profile<--- and couldn't help it.

spudster
08-07-2013, 11:16 AM
I never thought about that but that might be a way to get more people to do ark falls and it would be a defiance specific way to get the acheivments for reviving all though would still be tough lol but sounds better than current system

alred
08-07-2013, 11:21 AM

Folk just don't seem to die at them. Lets be fair, apart from one or two main mission bosses and perhaps the Volge, you have to try in order to get killed.

I stand still on most arkfalls just bombing the crystal and rarely take much damage due to the amount of folk healing with BMG's.

That's on PC EU.

If you play on PC EU and see ole Gomly at an arkfall .... do me a solid and get yourself killed .... for me .... pretty please.

Join a clan, or a group of people looking to get that achievement.
Then go to a major ark fall. My understanding is that all you have to be is inside the large circle, and not an actual arkfall circle.
Then have friends start killing themselves and you rez them. In a matter of minutes you'll have your hundred, and they theirs.

It's a work around that has been discussed in shadowy places.

WarHoundZero
08-07-2013, 12:24 PM

That's on PC EU.

Can you do me a solid and cheese my nachos.......