PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

PlayerSR
08-06-2013, 04:05 PM
I just got Defiance yesterday and I was about to do that mission where at the end you encounter that giant mutant (near some docks) when I noticed someone else was in the middle of it. I hung back and waited, but when I saw that giant come out from the other side of the gate, I rushed to help out. We beat it but the dude starting shooting at me non-stop and beeping at me endlessly when we got into our vehicles.

Did I steal his XP or something? Did I steal the weapon? I was waiting for him to pick it up, but he didn't so I did. I got out of my vehicle and tried to figure out how to give him the weapon since I see a lot of people in chat selling mods/guns, but I couldn't figure it out. He finally went away and I still feel bad that my newbie-ness upset him. Sorry!

GiantInMaine
08-06-2013, 04:09 PM
No you didn't steal anything drops drop for multiple people same goes for xp you both got some. Don't sweat it dude was just a prick.

PlayerSR
08-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Okay, thanks.

I'm always thankful when another player helps me in my missions, so it inspired me to help out. Figures the first dude I helped out didn't want it, ha ha...

RealHoosier07
08-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Okay, thanks.

I'm always thankful when another player helps me in my missions, so it inspired me to help out. Figures the first dude I helped out didn't want it, ha ha...

I'm guessing you were doing San Quentin and fighting the Hulker. Don't sweat that dude. He was just pissed because he was over there grinding his weapon skill and you took some of it by helping him kill the Hulker. You have every right to be wherever you want to be and fight whatever you want to fight. Don't stop doing that because some diehard thinks its his life goal to get that weapon skill to level 20 as quick as possible.

Atticus Batman
08-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the game. Don't mind the jerks. They hate help but are fine with jumping into others battles for a share of the goods. While you are here check out the following link for some helpful guides.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?113026-Great-List-of-Forum-Game-Guides&p=1063146#post1063146

PlayerSR
08-06-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm guessing you were doing San Quentin and fighting the Hulker. Don't sweat that dude. He was just pissed because he was over there grinding his weapon skill and you took some of it by helping him kill the Hulker. You have every right to be wherever you want to be and fight whatever you want to fight. Don't stop doing that because some diehard thinks its his life goal to get that weapon skill to level 20 as quick as possible.

Thanks for the warning about the area! I will avoid it if I see someone playing it next time - being chased across the entire map was kind of annoying, ha ha.

PlayerSR
08-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Welcome to the game. Don't mind the jerks. They hate help but are fine with jumping into others battles for a share of the goods. While you are here check out the following link for some helpful guides.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?113026-Great-List-of-Forum-Game-Guides&p=1063146#post1063146

Thank you!

Notturno
08-06-2013, 05:08 PM

A lot of us specifically hop worlds to try and rush through San Quentin, just so we can get a Hulker to ourselves. The reason the guy was stuck in that phase with him is because he didn't completely exit San Quentin while he was moving to a later stage. If you manage to get to the Hulker stage of San Quentin with nobody else in your phase, then that phase is locked and nobody else can disrupt you. If someone joins the first stage of the San Quentin area with you, then they will be locked in your phase.

Call it what you want, but weapon experience grinding is a pain. Just because people choose to grind does not justify your negative connotation of "diehard." Hulker grinding is the most efficient way to level weapons right now, particularly if you repeatedly die when it's at low health to reset it. All people are trying to do is get one phase to themselves so they can grind the Hulker. Any other area just isn't as efficient for grinding out weapons.

Yewa
08-06-2013, 05:28 PM
A lot of us specifically hop worlds to try and rush through San Quentin, just so we can get a Hulker to ourselves. The reason the guy was stuck in that phase with him is because he didn't completely exit San Quentin while he was moving to a later stage. If you manage to get to the Hulker stage of San Quentin with nobody else in your phase, then that phase is locked and nobody else can disrupt you. If someone joins the first stage of the San Quentin area with you, then they will be locked in your phase.

Call it what you want, but weapon experience grinding is a pain. Just because people choose to grind does not justify your negative connotation of "diehard." Hulker grinding is the most efficient way to level weapons right now, particularly if you repeatedly die when it's at low health to reset it. All people are trying to do is get one phase to themselves so they can grind the Hulker. Any other area just isn't as efficient for grinding out weapons.

Doesn't justify any form of griefing on the player that were trying to complete the mission though.

RealHoosier07
08-06-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm sorry, but it's a game bro. It's an open world game that anyone can do what they want. I've gotten a lot of weapons leveled just by playing the game, not constantly grinding and being a **** to someone that is just playing the game. I get that people want to level their weapons, but if someone shows up to shoot the Hulker with you, then so be it. What is wrong with leveling a weapon by just doing arkfalls and instances and co-ops? If I was in a clan and we were helping each other out, then yeah I would stay back and let the guy we're helping get the xp, but if you are by yourself and someone else is just there playing the game and shooting bad guys, nobody has the right to get pissed and act like a baby.

If a guy did that to me, I would follow him around and shoot everything he is trying to shoot. If a player wants to act like a prick, then I'd be one too...and twice as hard. I get along with everyone when I'm playing...as long as they're nice to me.

Valethar
08-06-2013, 05:56 PM

And this justified being a dbag to the OP, how?

Notturno
08-06-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm merely providing insight as to what the player in the original poster's story was doing, and what that person's motivation was against the Hulker. I'm not defending any actions he may have done, but it sounds like he just honked and shot at him. That really doesn't impact the original poster in any meaningful way.

PlayerSR
08-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Yeah I'm glad there's a separate player v. player. It was just annoying to me, he over-reacted a bit much ha ha. Now that I know I interrupted his grinding, I will avoid doing the same thing in the future.

Atticus Batman
08-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Yeah I'm glad there's a separate player v. player. It was just annoying to me, he over-reacted a bit much ha ha. Now that I know I interrupted his grinding, I will avoid doing the same thing in the future.

No need to go out of your way to avoid grinders. It IS a co-op world. They need to get over themselves and just go elsewhere to grind if they are annoyed with people being around.

Krauser
08-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Don't feel bad OP. If the guy saw your level he really shouldn't have gotten mad.

I grind BMGs at afflicted emergencies all the time by standing on top of a truck and slow cooking 5 or 6 of them at once. Sometimes people will show up and start blasting them, usually lower level players. I just take the exp and head down the road to the next one. If I see anyone under 1000 doing something major I just hang out to revive them when they get in over their head. There are plenty of places to grind and things to shoot. Nothing in this game is worth getting mad over.

Iceberg
08-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Don't feel bad OP. If the guy saw your level he really shouldn't have gotten mad.

I grind BMGs at afflicted emergencies all the time by standing on top of a truck and slow cooking 5 or 6 of them at once. Sometimes people will show up and start blasting them. I just take the exp and head down the road to the next one. There are plenty of places to grind and things to shoot.

I have been noticing a lot lately with afflicted emergencies that if you see one on the road there is probably 2 more a bit further. Same goes for the Volge emergencies, kept running into those things when going from muir plant to mine 99. Ran into 3 right in a row. Good spawning for some quick xp.

DeathByHeroin69
08-09-2013, 02:40 AM
If you let the hulker kill you and extract he gets all his health back and you can keep leveling weapons that maybe why he got mad. But dont worry your new so you cant be blamed for not knowing.;)

Wiggle Pooh
08-09-2013, 03:14 AM
And this justified being a dbag to the OP, how?

Because his character is a dbag and he is role playing, get with the program bra.

drackiller
08-09-2013, 04:21 AM
I'm sorry, but it's a game bro. It's an open world game that anyone can do what they want. I've gotten a lot of weapons leveled just by playing the game, not constantly grinding and being a **** to someone that is just playing the game. I get that people want to level their weapons, but if someone shows up to shoot the Hulker with you, then so be it. What is wrong with leveling a weapon by just doing arkfalls and instances and co-ops? If I was in a clan and we were helping each other out, then yeah I would stay back and let the guy we're helping get the xp, but if you are by yourself and someone else is just there playing the game and shooting bad guys, nobody has the right to get pissed and act like a baby.

If a guy did that to me, I would follow him around and shoot everything he is trying to shoot. If a player wants to act like a prick, then I'd be one too...and twice as hard. I get along with everyone when I'm playing...as long as they're nice to me.

I totally agree with you and people forget that this is an MMO so, no private zones in the open world.
It happened to me something similar at Diablo station...
I just stoped caring about this kind of players, in fact i have my voice chat in mute just to ignore them.
Always play the objective, the missions, contracts, if by doing that i interfere with mindless grinding, sorry, it`s their problem.
I have fun playing the game so i try to do a bit of everything in the time i have to play.