PDA

View Full Version : It is now August 7th

SpiritumLiberum
08-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Any news on dlc? I feel a lack of confidence in the Trion team, I also feel they are not advertising or giving out dates because they don't know when they are releasing the dlc, but just taking the mick out of the players pretending they know just to keep some playing.

I bet that the dlc date will be released on August just for the dlc to be released on September.

Gomly
08-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Do we really have to have one of these every damn day?

When they are ready, a date will be given.

Asking the same question every single day isn't going to move things along any quicker.

Councilworker
08-07-2013, 08:27 AM
I'm thinking after the 26th August (bank holiday UK), so I can't play with the new race / gear / missions on my day off.

SpiritumLiberum
08-07-2013, 08:28 AM
No, but that is what is happening and it keeps the discussion going.

Don't you believe they will release the date this month and the actual dlc next?

Hope499
08-07-2013, 08:30 AM

When they are ready, a date will be given.

Asking the same question every single day isn't going to move things along any quicker.

No, but if Trion has shown us ANYTHING, its that they need a CONSTANT fire under their ***, or NOTHING will get done....

Gomly
08-07-2013, 08:33 AM
No, but if Trion has shown us ANYTHING, its that they need a CONSTANT fire under their ***, or NOTHING will get done....

Which is fair enough but we've had a "it's now August" and a "it's now August 6th" and now "it's now August 7th" ....

That's not keeping a fire under them, that's just being repetitive.

You know those annoying folk in movies when they drive somewhere and constantly yap out "are we nearly there yet, are we nearly there yet" over and over again....

Hope499
08-07-2013, 08:34 AM
lol fair enough, I have been gone from the forums for a lil so I haven't had the full brunt of the mess that is GD lol.

Yewa
08-07-2013, 08:36 AM
they will probably lock this and point the OP to the stickied DLC discussion thread.

SpiritumLiberum
08-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Which is fair enough but we've had a "it's now August" and a "it's now August 6th" and now "it's now August 7th" ....

That's not keeping a fire under them, that's just being repetitive.

You know those annoying folk in movies when they drive somewhere and constantly yap out "are we nearly there yet, are we nearly there yet" over and over again....

Yeah.

Anyway... Don't you think that the date will be announced this month to release the dlc next?

MaxSterling
Thanks, but I have a cell phone, a calendar, and a computer to help me keep track of the date.

Chevota
Well, if you needed a bit of the positive side of things, XBL has put the achievements back on Live. The only way before to see them was to go to Xbox site, now you can see them right from your Xbox.

I know its old news, we know them, but idk if it was always the site that 'leaked' them or if they were on XBL itself before, which they are now/again*.

~Also, inb4 "Heres Castithan DLC! now be prepped for Sensoth DLC in 3 weeks(+/- 4 months, more on the + side)."

A s0t
08-07-2013, 08:41 AM
yeah when the dlc drops the forums will explode with holy crap dlc, and holy crap the servers are down

SpiritumLiberum
08-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Thanks, but I have a cell phone, a calendar, and a computer to help me keep track of the date.

Nice one.

When do you think Trion will release the dates for the new dlc?

Chevota
08-07-2013, 08:43 AM
the servers will crash, thats expected... give a +1 day playtime to the release of the DLC. Unforeseen crashes will happen, im not worried about that, just dont play release day and complain about crashes. Always happens.

Cavadus
08-07-2013, 08:46 AM
It'll be the 27th if it happens this month at all. They still have the PTS to get online and they haven't even managed to give us a date for that so a date for the DLC is at least a week away, they'll need at least a week to preview the DLC on the PTS, a day or two to ignore all of our bug reports and not fix anything just like in alpha, and then we might get it the following week with another week of game crippling regression issues.

SpiritumLiberum
08-07-2013, 08:46 AM
the servers will crash, thats expected... give a +1 day playtime to the release of the DLC. Unforeseen crashes will happen, im not worried about that, just dont play release day and complain about crashes. Always happens.

Yeah I was thinking the same. I might not even get to play it, depends on when they release it.

SpiritumLiberum
08-07-2013, 08:47 AM
It'll be the 27th if it happens this month at all. They still have the PTS to get online and they haven't even managed to give us a date for that so a date for the DLC is at least a week away, they'll need at least a week to preview the DLC on the PTS, a day or two to ignore all of our bug reports and not fix anything just like in alpha, and then we might get it the following week with another week of game crippling regression issues.

Haha, well that sounds like what is going to happen, But do you think that the DLC will drop on that date, or the date for the dlc to be dropped will be announced that day?

Wiggle Pooh
08-07-2013, 08:50 AM

Sure would be nice to have a game/dlc that worked on release, but my sh!t hand gave way from all the weight years ago.

August Barkley
08-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Let them have more information already! Forum is drowned in "questions-about- the-dlc" shtako!

SpiritumLiberum
08-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Let them have more information already! Forum is drowned in "questions-about- the-dlc" shtako!

Yeah it's brutal August, just kicking about repeating things while the dlc drops. I guess it is not that bad for the people who still have to complete pursuits, missions and contacts etc.

Cavadus
08-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Haha, well that sounds like what is going to happen, But do you think that the DLC will drop on that date, or the date for the dlc to be dropped will be announced that day?

Actual DLC release.

Gomly
08-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Yeah.

Anyway... Don't you think that the date will be announced this month to release the dlc next?

Oh. i'm NOT disagreeing with you.

I think, with the current state of things, that it is more likely to be early next month for the dlc than this month. It's okay giving a month but when it gets to starting the second week in that month and there is still no exact date then I get doubts it will be out anytime soon.

By now, if they are as ready as they say they are, they should have an exact date. If not, well it doesn't look good for an August showing.

SpiritumLiberum
08-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Actual DLC release.

Cool man, what is your prediction on when they will announce the date?

Tamsin
08-07-2013, 08:58 AM
For purely selfish reasons, I hope it doesn't release for another week. (I am a new player and still working on the rewind). It would be great to have it at least a week before the labor day weekend here in the U.S. (give it a week to iron out the worst bugs before the long weekend)

Nikola Tesla
08-07-2013, 08:59 AM
If they wait to much longer they won't have a chance. They need to drop this first DLC before the 27th, as that is the day FFXIV drops. The game is stagnating, less and less people every day, all it will take is one good MMO to pull them away for good.

nitroz76
08-07-2013, 09:00 AM

yes.

we want a date. wether it's an official date or estimate. we want something other than "august"

Gomly
08-07-2013, 09:01 AM
If they wait to much longer they won't have a chance. They need to drop this first DLC before the 27th, as that is the day FFXIV drops. The game is stagnating, less and less people every day, all it will take is one good MMO to pull them away for good.

Final Fantasy won't be the death of any other online game.

Neither will Destiny.

I give it until mid to late September at the most until the FF forums are full of complaining.

SpiritumLiberum
08-07-2013, 09:04 AM
yes.

we want a date. wether it's an official date or estimate. we want something other than "august"

Yes which brings the question up, what is it they are releasing on August? The date for the dlc release or the actual dlc, they don't seem to know themselves but pretend they do... Dunno if its a technique to keep players playing or what..

SpiritumLiberum
08-07-2013, 09:05 AM

Neither will Destiny.

I give it until mid to late September at the most until the FF forums are full of complaining.

I doubt Final will kill defiance, but I do personally in my opinion think that Gta will slap its wee egg in.

MaxSterling
08-07-2013, 09:06 AM

Neither will Destiny.

Even so, do you honestly think they'd come back to Defiance? I'd rather go back to Minecraft.

Cavadus
08-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Cool man, what is your prediction on when they will announce the date?

Probably two Fridays from now. This coming Friday they might have a date for the PTS and then they'll just reiterate August-in-general for the DLC.

Wiggle Pooh
08-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Yeah it's brutal August, just kicking about repeating things while the dlc drops. I guess it is not that bad for the people who still have to complete pursuits, missions and contacts etc.

I got Naughty Bear and Lollipop Chainsaw to bide time.

Wiggle Pooh
08-07-2013, 09:09 AM

FFXIV is dipping into the WoW pool as well, many of those players are ready for a new game skin.

Atticus Batman
08-07-2013, 09:11 AM
It will be shown at Pax, released the following week.

Wiggle Pooh
08-07-2013, 09:11 AM

There are no infectors in FF, will only be half the complaining.

Chevota
08-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Can we stop already with Destiny will kill Defiance? lol... Lets pick a game a little closer, like Saints Row or GTA? (money-bound atm so im not even looking at new games, just know those are coming out soon)

April was the supposed 5th DLC for Defiance wasnt it? And Destiny is slated for June 30th atm according to a quick Gamestop check.

So, given that DLC can hold your attention for 1 month, by May, Defiance will have run its course for even Hardcore players... Meaning Destiny has no oppurtunity to kill Defiance as its lifespan will have run up.

Gomly
08-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Can we stop already with Destiny will kill Defiance? lol... Lets pick a game a little closer, like Saints Row or GTA?

GTA won't take a massive bite out of any playerbase .... it's not been announced for PC so we have no idea when, or if, it will be coming here.

Saints Row I do have my eye on though.

I do like the Saints Row games and 4 comes out a few days before my birthday so my wife will probably get me that to shut me up.

RegularX
08-07-2013, 09:42 AM
GTA won't take a massive bite out of any playerbase .... it's not been announced for PC so we have no idea when, or if, it will be coming here.

Saints Row I do have my eye on though.

I do like the Saints Row games and 4 comes out a few days before my birthday so my wife will probably get me that to shut me up.

Saints Row will be a day one purchase for me. Same with GTA. Both will probably occupy huge amounts of my time.

But I'd still be willing to give Defiance a few hours here and there. That's one of the things I liked about the game - no risk in playing a bunch, leaving, coming back.

Blondin
08-07-2013, 09:44 AM
It will be shown at Pax, released the following week.
We were saying the same at E3, then at Comic Con, and now it's Pax...
Dlc was supposed to be released after big patch in may, then "late july", and now august.

Do you see now why they can't give us a date? They lied to us too many times to make any mistake again...

Now that we know that truck of doom is doomed and that coop arena are solo, they could release dlc, but I'm asking myself if they still try to fix those issue for dlc release or if they have other issue?

Wiggle Pooh
08-07-2013, 09:47 AM
...and that coop arena are solo...

I bet they are solo because multiplayer arena was broken and they trying to get it out quicker lulz.

Fancypants
08-07-2013, 09:55 AM
If they wait to much longer they won't have a chance. They need to drop this first DLC before the 27th, as that is the day FFXIV drops. In honesty, I doubt that even 1/8th of the people playing Defiance are the FFXIV type material. Look at their names and signatures, lol. (n3gative cr33p, lol?)

The launch of FFXIV won't have any impact on this game, thank God. I'd like to keep all those folks right here in one spot so we can keep an eye on them.:p Plus there is a subscription attached to that game and most of the people here.. well, you know how that goes.

The launch of Destiny and The Division will cripple this game for sure. Saints Row, GTA, etc or any number of other typically console 'first' (usually) type games almost most certainly will to devastating effects.

You know, the kind with deeldo weapons, misogynistic/sexist themes, murder, mayhem, etc.

Samyaza
08-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Any news on dlc? I feel a lack of confidence in the Trion team, I also feel they are not advertising or giving out dates because they don't know when they are releasing the dlc, but just taking the mick out of the players pretending they know just to keep some playing.

I bet that the dlc date will be released on August just for the dlc to be released on September.

They can do that actually....

Rumor vine is that they will release it in august.... but on the PTR PC only APLHA/BETA coming soon Public (Still pc only) Test realm/Server Open only for a limited time... 2 to 4 weeks

They want to test it out for two weeks on the test server before releasing it to the public...

So while it will be released.... it is not really released...

if you get the point....

it is all a merry-go-round on top of a roller coaster attached to a viking ship pendulum of life!!!

I'm soo dizzy...

Awesome Jeff
08-07-2013, 10:01 AM

Well what do you know. I was thinking the exact same thing and the title for my post was gonna be the same :P

Yeah, it's August 7th and there's no release date yet. There's 24 days of August left, My question to Trion is if you are certain it's gonna be August, how can you not be able to set a release date? If it's coming August the release date should have been revealed in July. Please be a little professional?

Samyaza
08-07-2013, 10:02 AM
In honesty, I doubt that even 1/8th of the people playing Defiance are the FFXIV type material. Look at their names and signatures, lol. (n3gative cr33p, lol?)

The launch of FFXIV won't have any impact on this game, thank God. I'd like to keep all those folks right here in one spot so we can keep an eye on them.:p Plus there is a subscription attached to that game and most of the people here.. well, you know how that goes.

The launch of Destiny, The Division, Saints Row, GTA, etc or any number of other console 'first' (usually) type games almost most certainly will to devastating effects.

You know, the kind with deeldo weapons, misogynistic/sexist themes, murder, mayhem, etc.

but but but i seen n3gative cr33p, and lol on World of warcraft...

They were a uber powered ninja panda group leaders, who threw pokemon down like the best of them while cultivating their gardens of love.....

What in the heck has wow become!!!
WONDERFUL WORLD OF CARE-BEARS AND WARCRAFT????
Throw in a little bit of twilight... the good part

dahanese
08-07-2013, 10:03 AM

Making these posts isn't going to get you news faster. It will, however, distract the team so that we're not answering more meaty questions.

DLC date is coming. Hold on for it. We're still on track for August. If that changes, I'll let you know.

And please stop posting these every day. Add to existing topics.