PDA

View Full Version : Response about legendarys, drop rates, and more

Hope499
08-07-2013, 09:38 AM
So, was in a party with my friend last night, and it was him who was told this, I am just pasting his info down.

A lot of these repsonses, I was NEVER aware of, and im also actually wondering how true they really are?

Mod responses would be great, or anyone else that has heard about this. Anyway, take a look:

"1) I placed first more than once in a major arkfall and only received 4 keys and 2 green weapons 2) why it is that the lock boxes are giving people white mods now 3) why all of a sudden the rate at which legendarys are given out of lock boxes have dropped. 4) why is it that someone such as myself has only been able to pull 4 legendarys out of thousands of lockboxes and others seem to get one a day and why is it that I can open up 10 in a row and get no better than blue and someone else can open up one and receive 3 legendarys.

Answers:

1) arkfall rewards are completely random.position on leaderboard has no influence. 2,3,4) the game is deigned to give items out randomly and to keep legendaries,epics, and synergy mods at certain rarity.once the percentage limit has been reached for said items the game won't produce anymore until there are more people playing or items are no longer in inventories:ex..legendaries,epics either sold to vending machines or turned into ark salvage.synergy mods that are in people's inventorys count as being in game and ably so many are allowed in game to keep them rare.once they are installed on a weapon the game no longer recognizes them as a mod and there is the possibility of more being generated.

This only partially answered so I got on live chatand this is what got explained with the numbers not being revealed:

The game totals the amount of on and offline characters(not gamertags) and allows a certain percentage of blue,green,epic and legendary weapons in the game for every so many people.

the example that was given was: 1) 30 green,20 blue,10 epic(purple),5 legendary to every 100 character's and/or weapons,which ever allows for the highest amount of rare weapons(characters offline for over an undisclosed amount of time no longer count and neither does their inventory) 2)synergy mods:1 of each mod type for a synergy weapon..ex..assassin assault rifle the game will allow 1 of each scope,1 of each mag,1 of each stock,1 of each barrel.

these were given as hypothetical numbers as they won't tell the real numbers.

So what most of our problem is all of the people in this game who collect everything just to have it not for the purpose of actually using it.I know of people who have sets of almost every synergy mod available with no intention of using or selling them.the legendary collectors are killing us to.

Thearl
08-07-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm sold. I'll be vendoring all but 2 of my oranges when i get home. Still looking for a grenade and shield for my pursuit or I'd sell all of the weapons.

It sort of explains why the oranges have gotten rarer and rarer up until the free weekend when I finally scored two oranges for the first time in 2 months.

TravelerX1
08-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Wait........ wut?
*Shakes his head and walks away from the computer*

P.S......

I don't believe this really, sorry.
I bought 10 boxes this morning and got 3 oranges from them. One of them an incredible AR.... so if Orange is drying up...... I must be a lucky a-hole, LOL

alienstookmybeer
08-07-2013, 09:54 AM
What a horrible system. Of the three I have, I have no problem trashing 2 of them if any confirmation of this is ever given.

Makes you wonder if these people that will "buy all your crappy legendary items" are aware of this and using it to keep demand up overall.

TravelerX1
08-07-2013, 09:55 AM
What a horrible system. Of the three I have, I have no problem trashing 2 of them if any confirmation of this is ever given.

Makes you wonder if these people that will "buy all your crappy legendary items" are aware of this and using it to keep demand up overall.

No they use them for trade bait

Talon72
08-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Its almost like Trion is actively trying to find ways to kill this game. I always figured there was a little bit more to getting legendary weapons but this system, if true, is absurd.

TravelerX1
08-07-2013, 10:01 AM
It's BS

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?118687-Hoarding-dealers-and-collectors-are-ruining-the-game/page4

Vandarix
08-07-2013, 10:02 AM
I will continue to collect legendarys because I doubt this is true. I have over 30 legendarys in my inventory atm and I'm still getting at least 1 a day.

ncanning
08-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Well Traveler, you got the a-hole part right :P

Don't mind me, I'm just jealous you got all those oranges.

I often wondered if the oranges and such had a finite limit. BUt the way you are suggesting it just doesn't seem plausible. People are connecting and disconnecting constantly, trying to do a count prior to each lock box open, ark fall completion and coop completion, to decide if the system can give up an orange or not, just isn't plausible. I mean imagine the load times...

TravelerX1
08-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Well Traveler, you got the a-hole part right :P

Don't mind me, I'm just jealous you got all those oranges.

I often wondered if the oranges and such had a finite limit. BUt the way you are suggesting it just doesn't seem plausible. People are connecting and disconnecting constantly, trying to do a count prior to each lock box open, ark fall completion and coop completion, to decide if the system can give up an orange or not, just isn't plausible. I mean imagine the load times...

Hahahahaha I am the first to admit it!

I have to admit even I don't think Trion has their head up the poop shoot so deep that they wouid even consider a system like this. It would destroy the overall game economy and basically kill it after a given period....... oh wait..... what was I saying?

Hope499
08-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Hahahahaha I am the first to admit it!

I have to admit even I don't think Trion has their head up the poop shoot so deep that they wouid even consider a system like this. It would destroy the overall game economy and basically kill it after a given period....... oh wait..... what was I saying?

ya for real, as soon as I heard that I was like "wait, what???"

VERY happy to hear this is not true,.

x13FISHx
08-07-2013, 10:07 AM
I gave up this morning. I have opened well over 1000 boxes, I'm ego4765 with all pursuits complete. I just want a Legendary FRC Assault Carbine to run around with, no reason just do. But I gave up this morning. They can have the money I paid for the pass, I'm sure they're laughing about it. I have defended them since day one but we don't pay a monthly fee so they really could care less. I was made a mockery of and they win, they got my money and time. But I will not play anymore. I'm sure people wil come to their defense but that's fine, you play for your reasons and I'll play for mine...or not.

Vandarix
08-07-2013, 10:13 AM
If the reason you're quitting is because you "can't get what you want" then I suggest you find a new hobby other than gambling or for that matter anything because you will never get everything you want... Or, learn how to trade.

Strontium Dog
08-07-2013, 10:23 AM
I used to care about OJ weapons but not any more. The pre order starter AR does just as well as any high ego OJ.

Hoped at first that maybe the legendary weapons had better visuals since stats weren't that different. But it turned out not and the only change was that OJs had the POTENTIAL to have "perks" ie red self 15%refresh after you have died three times and fast travelled once while being shot at by a drunk Volge (in other words, useless)

Torque
08-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I've on scored one in my life, and bought another one on the forums which I ended up getting rid of

Valethar
08-07-2013, 02:26 PM
I must be a lucky a-hole, LOL

If you're the lucky one, I must be the unlucky one. I haven't seen an orange since Alpha. :(