PDA

View Full Version : Random Trade Invites, Really?

Thomas1975
08-07-2013, 10:02 AM
So last night I was at the overpass in SF and had 3 different People come over to me and try to open a trade invite. First I do not know you and 2nd you didnít even send me a message telling me what you wanted to trade. So of course I am not going to open a trade invite with you. So if you want to trade with me come talk to me and we will see what we can do, but just donít think you can come to me and Iím going to give you something.
But after I was told that there is an exploit that allows people to steal from you if you open a trade with them. Has anyone ever had this problem on the PS3 yet?

AmnesiaHaze
08-07-2013, 10:16 AM
its common practice to trade invite , show all trade weapons first and then negotiate

i wouldnt automatically think they tried to scam you

Thomas1975
08-07-2013, 10:24 AM
its common practice to trade invite , show all trade weapons first and then negotiate

i wouldnt automatically think they tried to scam you

Silly me to think that the polite thing to do would be to introduce yourself. I have no problem helping other players, but a little respect goes a long way. And I am not saying that any of them tried to steal from me, all I said was I was told there was an exploit that allowed some players to do that.

brute
08-07-2013, 10:30 AM
simple fix would be to go to your options and set it so they cant send you a trade invite

AmnesiaHaze
08-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Silly me to think that the polite thing to do would be to introduce yourself. I have no problem helping other players, but a little respect goes a long way. And I am not saying that any of them tried to steal from me, all I said was I was told there was an exploit that allowed some players to do that.

well i didnt create the rules, i get random trade invites too and im happy i recieved couple of those otherwise id miss out on some cool item deals , i think as long as i dont put anything in they cant take it from my inventory so why not look what they have

Flank
08-07-2013, 03:00 PM
well i didnt create the rules, i get random trade invites too and im happy i recieved couple of those otherwise id miss out on some cool item deals , i think as long as i dont put anything in they can take it from my inventory so why not look what they have

Yup. Although I have never been offered anything of substantial use for my play style.. I always check to see whats someone has up fo grabs.

Olaf
08-07-2013, 05:46 PM
So last night I was at the overpass in SF and had 3 different People come over to me and try to open a trade invite. First I do not know you and 2nd you didn’t even send me a message telling me what you wanted to trade. So of course I am not going to open a trade invite with you. So if you want to trade with me come talk to me and we will see what we can do, but just don’t think you can come to me and I’m going to give you something.
But after I was told that there is an exploit that allows people to steal from you if you open a trade with them. Has anyone ever had this problem on the PS3 yet?

Sounds like you got slav'd.

Thomas1975
08-08-2013, 10:03 AM

nope blew them off

dominad
08-08-2013, 10:52 AM
You might have tried accepting them I used to go round once a day and look for lower ego players and give away 10k scrip to each one. Since someone was kind enough to give me scrip when I started out. I was always like wtf when they declined the request. Still plenty did accept and I would like to think it helped.
If I could bothered with all the effing patchign I would go back and give someone the scrip I have and all My legendaries and 2 respark shields.

hey u
08-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Maybe chat went down so send invites?

Aaricane
08-08-2013, 12:37 PM
You realize it could have been retiring players giving away gear right?
I did that in Phantasy Star, Rift, & WoW.

You may have missed out on a legendary.

08-09-2013, 11:19 AM
uh???? yeah NO!!!!! you didn't miss out on anything but stupidity.
last night i had some idiot come to me while i was standing(busy mind you,you know restting perks around and all that) there was NO chat before either. this dummy came up to me,and i know his mic was on in area by the way,he opens trade invite. as someone said earlier,i was given a few bucks too for free,and i thought maybe i could help him. the difference is i asked first before opening any trade to piss people off,especially if he wanted scrip. so i pressed accept by accident,1st of all,then he starts entering oranges...3-4 in a row,without saying a word. i tried to close the window,then it turned out canceled,right??? as i wanted,BUT this fool had a 1600 ego pulser i was really wanting for while now,and never saw one before,yet. this piece of garbage starts saying stuff like i am a scammer,which doesn't make sense,unless there is a way to scam people in trade(like there as a couple years ago in dcuo) he goes on and on about ME bring the scammer,lol,and not to trade with me because i will try to steal your stuff. i was screaming into the mic,which i had on the table next to me,not on me. i was telling him wait,put up that pulser let me check i'll buy it for whatever. the moron doesn't,and just keeps embaressing himself and me i guess,and ran away. the joke's on that tool,because i would of bought that thing even though i have 2000 ego,but to no avail,since dumbo decided i was trying to scam HIM...anyway,i am sick of people being so stupid that they will randomly invite for trade,NOT SAY WHAT'S UP FIRST,WHICH BY THE WAY NEW PLAYERS-THAT'S HOW YOU NEED TO GO ABOUT IT. but of course,that was that,and i was laughing while being pretty pissed off with etiquette in these games,but especially here. that's all i can say. people are dumb,they are desperate,and will try anything to get some money for their unwanted crap. although it wasn't terrible crap either,not that time though. ALSO,reported,ALSO don't turn off trade invites,just because not all guys that pull this nonsense are idiots,maybe they want to save time---SINCE THIS STUPID GAME HAS NO PREDICTIVE TEXT WHEN TYPING OR MEMORY OR WHAT YOU WROTE,WHICH I CAN NOT STAND!!!!!.....and if there is a way,someone please take 1 sec to send me a PM to tell me how to turn on the REAL keyboard,like all other games like this. i'm done.

vizibledog
08-09-2013, 12:03 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MOXSzX3g7ug/TqRyr4UbY6I/AAAAAAAAAFw/86HrxL2_GyE/s1600/www_plus613_net_GrammarNatzeeWallOTextbydinyctis.j pg

drackiller
08-09-2013, 12:28 PM

LOl, that guy is always sending me trade invites when im i SanFran in top of the vendor doing my staff.
I don`t buy Orange items, don`t have the scrip :) But i`m always happy to sell an orange one if i have them. LOL

Ps: i mean Slav of course.

Kazento
08-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Have never bought anything my self, but yesterday i got slav'd to. He showed me all of hes legendaries so i showd him mine. It ended up with him buying a smg pulser i had for 350k.

T_Archangel
08-09-2013, 10:22 PM
I especially love the people that show their legendaries but have no intention of trading or selling. They just want to show people so they feel special LOL I dunno but maybe it's me that doesn't care what you're carrying around (happy for ya that you got an orange but I have my own. Don't have a need to show em off LOL)...