PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the PTR?

Arsenic_Touch
08-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Still no word on the PTR, and we get a post that the DLC is waiting on one thing to fall into place (most likely microsoft) and we still haven't heard anything about the PTR?

Blondin
08-07-2013, 01:17 PM
we get a post that the DLC is waiting on one thing to fall into place (most likely microsoft)
What? they did the Microsoft excuse again?

Olaf
08-07-2013, 01:17 PM
DLC will obviously drop before the PTR.

Atticus Batman
08-07-2013, 01:34 PM
What? they did the Microsoft excuse again?

No he did the Microsoft excuse. Microsoft usually posts achievements once the game is greenlighted. We have our achievements posted, where are Ps3?

Blame aside they NEVER said the dlc was coming after the Pc gets their pressiouss PTR. They said they are still working on the PTR and you will get it when it is done.

dahanese
08-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Both are in the works but we haven't given a date on either yet. Patch notes are also tied up in these things (they are all quite closely related.)

Satsuki
08-07-2013, 01:36 PM
The "most likely microsoft" part is speculation.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?118871-OverloadUT-Which-are-we-waiting-for-The-patch-or-the-dlc.

Ali Mente
08-07-2013, 01:43 PM
What is this PTR. And it's up to Microsoft and Sony when the DLC comes? I from Germany and i no understand this PTR

Muffinman
08-07-2013, 01:45 PM
I honestly don't understand why they don't re open the alpha. It can't be that hard to update the old alpha server...

Atticus Batman
08-07-2013, 01:51 PM
I honestly don't understand why they don't re open the alpha. It can't be that hard to update the old alpha server...

Because that is probably what became their private test server.

Zugo
08-07-2013, 01:53 PM
PTR, or PTS is a public test environment where people can login and help test a game build prior to it going live.

Atticus Batman
08-07-2013, 01:56 PM
PTR, or PTS is a public test environment where people can login and help test a game build prior to it going live.

But if you are on console, the PTR or PTS doesn't affect you much because they already said it will most likely be PC only. That way they can change stuff without the certification requirements of consoles. Plus consoles have less space.

The only affect is, the pc players test stuff and hopefully eliminate bugs before us console players get new patches, wich is helpful.

Zugo
08-07-2013, 02:01 PM
But if you are on console, the PTR or PTS doesn't affect you much because they already said it will most likely be PC only. That way they can change stuff without the certification requirements of consoles. Plus consoles have less space.

The only affect is, the pc players test stuff and hopefully eliminate bugs before us console players get new patches, wich is helpful.

True, and I don't mind having someone do the testing for me. I don't have the urge to work for free.

hardy83
08-07-2013, 02:02 PM

I think they said somewhere that they were trying to find a way for console players to be able to play the PTR on PC, but obviously not be able to play their characters or the live PC version of the game.

Atticus Batman
08-07-2013, 02:04 PM
True, and I don't mind having someone do the testing for me. I don't have the urge to work for free.

I've actually been saying give the PC players their bugged Dlc for awhile. They seem to love debugging and we get a better product from their work. I see no problem with that.

Blondin
08-07-2013, 02:06 PM
No he did the Microsoft excuse. Microsoft usually posts achievements once the game is greenlighted. We have our achievements posted, where are Ps3?

Blame aside they NEVER said the dlc was coming after the Pc gets their pressiouss PTR. They said they are still working on the PTR and you will get it when it is done.
Ah ok, I tought they said again that they can't give a date because they are waiting for MS or Sony approval...

About PTR (precious for testing for everybody btw), they also said that dlc will be release on PTS for testing and bug fixes (or not) before releasing it.

Edit :

I've actually been saying give the PC players their bugged Dlc for awhile. They seem to love debugging and we get a better product from their work. I see no problem with that.
Pc and console players will have to wait all together, or for once Trion will do the opposite of what they said and release dlc before testing it on Pts.

Atticus Batman
08-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Ah ok, I tought they said again that they can't give a date because they are waiting for MS or Sony approval...

About PTR (precious for testing for everybody btw), they also said that dlc will be release on PTS for testing and bug fixes (or not) before releasing it.

Actually they said future dlc would be tested on it. Yes it implies Dlc1 but implications aren't always true. So we have to wait and see on that.

Valethar
08-07-2013, 02:17 PM

PC updates also don't carry the obligatory bribes paid to MS and Sony so they can be 'certified' either.

RedAvocado
08-07-2013, 03:31 PM
What everyone is calling PTR we are calling Alpha Test and it will be PC only. Everyone with Live PC access will automatically have access to Alpha Test. Unfortunately, it will be a completely separate installation than the live game with its own patcher.

DarknessEyes PT
08-07-2013, 03:49 PM
What everyone is calling PTR we are calling Alpha Test and it will be PC only. Everyone with Live PC access will automatically have access to Alpha Test. Unfortunately, it will be a completely separate installation than the live game with its own patcher.

1 week to release
2 days to patch
1 month to test and fix bugs.

=

1 month, 1 week and 2 days until DLC :)

dominad
08-07-2013, 03:59 PM

Chris will the DLC be out before Sep 17 2013? I will take an answer of:
Yes with 100% certainty
Maybe but it is 75% certain
Maybe but only 50% certain
No 0%

Just an idea I just am getting tired of checking in for news. Is it time to give up or not?
I really can not comprehend why you can not explain what the hold up is or give a new rough time estimate I know you said end of July and do not want to break another deadline. At this point thought it does begin to seem like waiting for something that will never come.

Iceberg
08-07-2013, 04:01 PM

This is common, Chris do you have a release date for the Test server?

Sanguinesun
08-07-2013, 09:20 PM
They scrubbed the alpha forums(for those of us who can access alpha forums) of all the old posts before launch(and a few since) this past end of the week or so in evidence for their making ready for the Test server feedback.

Indra Echo
08-07-2013, 09:23 PM

And a lot of people enjoy doing the betas and testing because they get to feel like they helped in the development or they just get to see new stuff before everyone else.

Samyaza
08-07-2013, 09:30 PM

WOOT the guy i love to hear from

OK so alpha test is going to be live before the dlc?

if so how many weeks after the re-launch of the alpha site till the dlc launch?

or is the alpha zone going to be for dlc 2 (Here is hoping for Sensoth fist dlc, finally a race that looks just like me.. A hairy APE)

MacDeath
08-08-2013, 12:51 AM
You don't see a problem with that but perhaps the written agreements with MS and Sony do?

Blondin
08-08-2013, 04:18 AM
Ok, so it is just like any other Pts on any other game, I don't even ask if it will be possible to copy a character to Pts (no matter).

The question was will we be able to access dlc on pts, to test it and report bug for a possible fix before release?
(for satisfaction of all players with a bugfree release).

Zugo
08-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Ok, so it is just like any other Pts on any other game, I don't even ask if it will be possible to copy a character to Pts (no matter).

The question was will we be able to access dlc on pts, to test it and report bug for a possible fix before release?
(for satisfaction of all players with a bugfree release).

That's what I'm hoping for. The people testing will be able to provide the rest of us some feed back on the good, bad, and ugly side of things before we spend any money on upcoming content.