PDA

View Full Version : So You Buy This Game

FreakiSh
08-07-2013, 04:57 PM
So I'm a new Defiance player long time MMO addict. I was exited to get the game paid my $30 dollars and started playing. Its been about 2 weeks now and I have become a little disappointed in the turnout. For a game you have to buy to play it is very basic, not a lot of upgrading. Now that I've been ready the forums the last couple of days it also appears that Trion is just like any other FTP MMO without the option to pay and get better equip.
Not that I'm a critic just a couple of things to let Trion read.
1) Players like to upgrade (+1 thru +??) and glowing
2) Players like to buy with real money things that increase their stats Period
3) Players like an open market system that they can buy and sell to other players

These are just some basics that FTP offer without having to buy the game or have a monthly fee.
I do like the game play and the graphics, story line , vehicles and the weapons but I think its pretty limited for a online purchased game. I will continue to play until it bores me but just a few things I noticed.

Feel free to add to my list and maybe they will write it down :o

August Barkley
08-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Do you offer to make "Pay to win" system? It's the worst thing that can happen.

DeadMike
08-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Those things are what makes a free to play game work. It's also what makes them pay to win. This game is not free to play, and it's not pay to win, not to mention that those things aren't really needed in this game to do well anyway.

The 3rd suggestion is alright, as it just makes it easier to do what we already do. But the first two, hell no. The last thing this game needs is a way to buy your way to the top. The way it is now everybody is equal regardless of how big their wallets are. What makes you better than someone else is your skill at playing the game and how much time you are willing to put in. And that's how it should be.

Gomly
08-07-2013, 05:30 PM
I can agree with the open market but the second option ... pay to win ... is a truly terrible idea and puts a hell of a lot of folk off a game.

Woodlouse
08-07-2013, 05:55 PM
DO NOT add anything that you pay real money for to increase stats

meaghs
08-07-2013, 06:20 PM
i'd probably pay for more outfit / customization options... that said, i'm very glad that this isn't a credit farming pay-point game like so many others out there. - M.

PrimalSiren
08-07-2013, 08:25 PM
i'd probably pay for more outfit / customization options... that said, i'm very glad that this isn't a credit farming pay-point game like so many others out there. - M.

^I agree with this

Ozz_Drakon
08-07-2013, 11:07 PM
I have to agree. If this game goes pay2win, that's when I uninstall and just eat the $30 bucks I paid. I would like to see some kind of "Auction House, Broker, etc." system, and most certainly a Mail system of some type. Other than that..."cheesy McDonalds music" I'm lovin it =)

FreakiSh
08-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Ok i see the point on pay to win. Maybe i just got a little used to it. But the upgrading weapons that's just an in game basic.
a little more game time and some updates i might get over it

DeadMike
08-08-2013, 06:48 PM
It may seem like a basic feature to you because you played some games in the past that had that feature, but it's really not needed here in the slightest. You can take out anything in the game with even the crappiest weapon you can find. Being good at this game is about how good you are at playing it, it should not be about how powerful your gun is.

Stubin
08-08-2013, 08:54 PM
I'd pay for more content. Oh wait... I already did. :)