PDA

View Full Version : Why are the servers down (official reply, please)?

Logan_Dragonus
08-07-2013, 10:47 PM
I thought the maintenance was two days ago, and there is nothing in that section about any issues today, but some time ago, I got booted from a co-op map. Since then, I am getting "The Defiance service is not available. Please try again later." Does anyone know what is going on? Is this just an minor outage, or are we down for awhile?

GiantInMaine
08-07-2013, 10:48 PM
I thought the maintenance was two days ago, and there is nothing in that section about any issues today, but some time ago, I got booted from a co-op map. Since then, I am getting "The Defiance service is not available. Please try again later." Does anyone know what is going on? Is this just an minor outage, or are we down for awhile?

It's definitely an outage how minor who knows.

Logan_Dragonus
08-07-2013, 10:52 PM
I know it's an outage. Just wondering if we could get official word on if it was major or minor. Other games I have played usually have something posted on their forums within minutes of outages to at least let us know they are aware of it and are checking into it, or whatever the case may be. I was hoping for something here, but I guess that is too much to ask from Trion?

darklunacy
08-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Its probably due to the unknown amount of dummy accounts made on the PSN that affords European residents to play on NA servers. They didnt see that one coming either i bet. who the hell are these people at Trion??? Where did they learn how to implement a project of this size? Sorry excuses and apologies, along with half assed descriptions of what they did work on when they did some "maintanence". Sorry excuse for professionals of the IT and gaming industry.

But I LOVE THIS GAME and im forced to wait it out. I really cant stand this.

GiantInMaine
I know it's an outage. Just wondering if we could get official word on if it was major or minor. Other games I have played usually have something posted on their forums within minutes of outages to at least let us know they are aware of it and are checking into it, or whatever the case may be. I was hoping for something here, but I guess that is too much to ask from Trion?

Yeah I wouldn't expect something like that from these guys. Last time it took like 6 hours or more to get any word on the forums about it.

Weapon
We need answers same happened to me with freight yard

Kn1ght_Sh1ft
08-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Kicked and gave me a new PS3 console link code...../shrug

Logan_Dragonus
08-07-2013, 10:59 PM
Personally, I hate when game companies don't actually seem to care about their players. I know they are busy and whatnot, but they must have moderators on this forum who could pass along information to us. Even if they don't know what is going on, a simple, "We are looking into the current outage and hope to have it corrected soon." would be enough. Just something to tell us they know it is happening.
Trion is the only company I have seen so far to not do something like that when something like this happens. Unfortunately, I also am enjoying this game, but I refuse to sit here and wait for it to be restored, so I am moving to another game for now. I will try again tomorrow, and hopefully it will be back.

darklunacy
08-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Kicked and gave me a new PS3 console link code...../shrug

Same here .... after they gave me that i went back pressing O .... and noticed none of my characters were there....

I quit and came back on ... i was able to patch and select my character which had returned but it then kicked me with the "Critical Error of 'The Defiance service is not available. Please try again later.'" Looks to me their servers have an IONIC BARRELL shoved up their shtako holes.

Weapon
08-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Same thing?? I don't get it

GiantInMaine
08-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Looks to me their servers have an IONIC BARRELL shoved up their shtako holes.

haha that was a good one.

Weapon
08-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Hopefully it's the dlc

Thatchy_Palidino
08-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Well I guess its back to Borderlands 2 for the mean time

bigguy
08-08-2013, 06:27 AM
why has noone given us even a peep as to what the hell happened last night this is bs , they dont have anyone there at night to monitor what the servers are doing?

zazonion
08-08-2013, 07:21 AM
Its probably due to the unknown amount of dummy accounts made on the PSN that affords European residents to play on NA servers. They didnt see that one coming either i bet. who the hell are these people at Trion??? Where did they learn how to implement a project of this size? Sorry excuses and apologies, along with half assed descriptions of what they did work on when they did some "maintanence". Sorry excuse for professionals of the IT and gaming industry.

But I LOVE THIS GAME and im forced to wait it out. I really cant stand this.

Trion mostly makes MMOs on the PC and they work fine, this is there first bit into consoles.

Flank
08-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Trion mostly makes MMOs on the PC and they work fine, this is there first bit into consoles.

And???.. if you make a game.. regardless of it being for console or PC and charge people money for said game, then there is no excuse if it is their first time or the 100th time. You have factual info in your statement. Rift may work fine but
we are talking about Defiance..

hey u
08-08-2013, 11:24 AM
So I'm in the game

Logan_Dragonus
08-09-2013, 08:29 PM
And, now the servers are out again. At least they mention that they are aware of it this time, but 3 hours later they still have not told us what is going on or if they even know. I hope the servers are up soon. This game is my nightly entertainment, and there have been too many nights where I couldn't play because their servers were down.

AtriumAce
08-09-2013, 08:33 PM
dude i have same problem i got the game and on first day servers are down and i was having a blast go to work and come home after work just to play this and ive been waiting since 9 P.M. (Eastern Time Zone) it stop at 7:43 and i live in the US and it is 8/9/2013 so does this happen often???

Thor Azine
08-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Morgana
Community Coordinator
NA PS3 Environment -- Temporarily Offline ** 5.30 PM PDT 8/9/13 **
Hi all,

The NA PS3 environment is currently offline. We have no ETA as of yet, but will post new information as it arrives ASAP.

~ Morgana
Morgana - Community Coordinator

Krauser
08-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Well I guess its back to Borderlands 2 for the mean time

How much is BL2? I heard the DLC was really good.

JxSiN
08-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Lenny the hamster that powers the PS3 NA server died. It's late and no pet stores are open to find a replacement. They are now calling all their employees to see if anyone has a hamster they can borrow. But the employees all know the amount of stress their servers do to hamsters so they are saying that they have no pets. Pet stores should open back up tomorrow around 7 or 8 am and then everything will be fine. Minus some extra time for driving.

Thor Azine
08-09-2013, 09:10 PM
The Latest and Greatest from TRION Support:

Hello all,

The servers are experiencing technical difficulties, and remain inaccessible at this time. We ha e tried several troubleshooting methods but do not yet have a full solution. We continue this maintenance with no ETA, but rest assured that our engineers are working on the issue.

~ Morgana

SmokeToTheDead
08-09-2013, 09:12 PM
The Latest and Greatest from TRION Support:

Hello all,

The servers are experiencing technical difficulties, and remain inaccessible at this time. We ha e tried several troubleshooting methods but do not yet have a full solution. We continue this maintenance with no ETA, but rest assured that our engineers are working on the issue.

~ Morgana
In other words "make other plans its dead for the foreseeable future".

Thor Azine
08-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Wait a second ... I thought Lenny was a gerbil not a hamster ... hmmmm I have obviously been lied to ... I feel so deceived.

Logan_Dragonus
08-09-2013, 09:13 PM
In other words "make other plans its dead for the foreseeable future".

That's pretty much the translation I got. I just hope it's only hours, and not days.

Thor Azine
08-09-2013, 09:14 PM
can hamsters be Fed Expressed?

infinite_avalon
08-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Has anybody checked to see if Richard Gere was hanging around the hamster room at Trion?

hey u
08-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Good it went down. Puts I hope some sweat on the foreheads of people at Trion and makes them step up their work

DiltS4cxy0U

JxSiN
08-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Wait a second ... I thought Lenny was a gerbil not a hamster ... hmmmm I have obviously been lied to ... I feel so deceived.

Gerbil, Hamster... makes no difference. HE'S DEAD! Have some sympathy

JxSiN
08-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Has anybody checked to see if Richard Gere was hanging around the hamster room at Trion?

Methinks you may be on to something!

Thor Azine
08-09-2013, 09:35 PM
if the hamster's name was lenny (rest his soul) was the gerbil's name kenny? oh my god those mutant rat basturds killed kenny !!

hey u
08-09-2013, 09:46 PM
dude i have same problem i got the game and on first day servers are down and i was having a blast go to work and come home after work just to play this and ive been waiting since 9 P.M. (Eastern Time Zone) it stop at 7:43 and i live in the US and it is 8/9/2013 so does this happen often???

Same with me. Back when I got this game on April 2nd for 360 I get home put it in and servers were down. Happens here and there

I now on Ps3

Huge BURN it is/feels like I know that feeling and it SUCKS

JxSiN
08-09-2013, 09:48 PM
if the hamster's name was lenny (rest his soul) was the gerbil's name kenny? oh my god those mutant rat basturds killed kenny !!

I think that's right. If I'm not mistaken Kenny runs the xbox server. Bob runs the PC. Bob's not a rodent, he's cousin to Ted in accounting.

ll Ham Solo ll
08-09-2013, 09:57 PM
There was a post saying they don't know why they are down or when it will be fixed. Check better next time. But I do agree with eveything that has been said about how we paid for a game to basically pay they're staff, which I'll bet due to these constant issues, are probably made up of those with special needs. This **** is busted, and I wanna thank you guys for such a crap expirience on this game. Sorry to do it here, but you *******s block replies to your threads about errors.

hey u
08-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Nathan Richardsson (http://massively.joystiq.com/tag/nathan-richardsson) never really stood out as someone who was going to fix this game. To me he seemed like yes I was producer of this game when it sold for 59.99. Now it has shot down in price and from what I read on Chris Lena (http://massively.joystiq.com/tag/chris-lena) well he seems to me like he is someone who knows how to get things done and will get it done.

I could be epically wrong or epically right

hey u
08-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Back up for me!!!!!!!!

hey u
08-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Thank God nothing done to my frc. They mess with that as I have read and we have a problem a Real problem