PDA

View Full Version : Patch Error, Please Try Again Later - "Fixed"

BeardedGent
03-30-2013, 09:56 AM
For those of you still getting the "Patch Error, Please Try Again Later" message, here is what I did for Windows 7 and it worked. I can now hit play and get all the way to the server log in, which isn't up of course.

1. Delete your old Defiance install. Keep the actual client installer that you downloaded from Trion though.
2. Go to your start menu, in your search box type "config". Find your system configure.
3. Click on the services tab and hide all Microsoft services then disable everything else.
4. Click on the Start-up tab, disable all.
5. Apply.
6. Restart your PC from a cold boot.
7. After bootup, disable all anti-virus and any firewalls. Including Windows firewall.
8. Run Defiance.exe as administrator and let it instal to its default location
9. Go to its default location, right click on patcher.exe. Go to properties.
10. Click the compatibility tab and check the box that says run as admin.
11. apply and close out.
12. Go to your desktop and run Defiance.

This may or may not work for anyone getting this particular error message. It worked for me and I thought I'd share. Good luck and I look forward to shootin' stuff with you all soon.

Travie
03-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the advice!

The 'run as admin + disable antivirus' did it for me, without all those other steps, but I'm sure this will help someone.

A1Doggs
03-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Unfortunately it didn't work for me. Patcher got to 3 seconds left, the download speed slowed and the time went up until it became days then error'd out. I've even done the ports, the change of DNS, firewalls etc. But it did get the farthest it had ever been.....

BeardedGent
03-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Unfortunately it didn't work for me. Patcher got to 3 seconds left, the download speed slowed and the time went up until it became days then error'd out. I've even done the ports, the change of DNS, firewalls etc. But it did get the farthest it had ever been.....

Oh, 3 seconds left. I'm sure tables were flipped.

A1Doggs
03-30-2013, 10:58 PM
Haha, I probably would have but due to trying this since beta 3 and being completely unsuccessful numerous times, i'm actually over being angry now. I've used most of my download quota this month trying to get this game downloaded, so i'm just going to wait for a patch of the patcher and confirmation its fixed before I try again, no matter how tempting it is

jayy787
04-02-2013, 07:13 PM

if you have windows 8 like i do i just ran as admin and it worked didnt have to do anything else . let me know if it works =)

Neoblade
04-02-2013, 07:19 PM
did everything step by step, still errors, still loops. been going for almost 20 hours now.

sNOOZ
04-06-2013, 08:36 PM
PLEASE READ!

Running as admin worked for me. I did not have to do a cold boot or disable any services or start up programs.

I also did not have to turn off my anti virus, BUT.......I did have to turn off my malware protector and system defense. After I did that it auto patched instead of saying "auto patch failed" then it proceeded to allow me to log in with a DIFFERENT log in prompt. After I logged in it began auto updating. So far it reads 2:45:42 at a rate of 1.5 MB/ sec (Dude I want to play!!)

Anyways I hope this helps, its also my first post YAY! I can't wait to dive into this game, I am migrating from a very fun coop experience from mass effect 3.

Pacifyer
04-07-2013, 10:42 AM
For those left without solution - please try my method
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?24818-PC-Possible-solution-to-patch-and-game-connection-problems&p=240659#post240659

ironhands
04-08-2013, 06:40 AM
a free vpn like hotspot shield will work as well. Great post Pacifyer - I assume that hotspot shields system does the same thing behind the scenes?

MenphisBlu
04-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Having the same patch error problem & i'm in Barbados it takes 8-9 hrs to dl just to see patch error... tried it 4 times now doing everything that was recommended from the support page. OS is windows 7. I'm completely frustrated.

@ sNOOZ I'm also imgrating from ME3 was a dam good coop mp.. link up anytime u want go for a run there. Origin name is the same as here.

Lawkeeper
05-04-2013, 09:47 PM
I've used all the advice in this thread and nothing helps. The update sits for hours and then gives me the Patch error. I've disabled everything and ran as admin but nothing works. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times too.

Sheroume
06-28-2013, 09:02 AM
I tried a lot of stuff before I finally got this problem out of the way and got to play again.

What finally worked for me was uninstalling the game and then deleting the maps and files it left behind.

I downloaded Defiance through Steam and it automatically installed, the location of the game was
C:program files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Defiance
This happened by default to me but I did not find this location in any other 'fix' that google found me.

Drushe Jynx
06-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Well, 2nd patch on and I still get the issue. I've tried deleting, dns changing, port forwarding, firewall disabling etc...NOTHING WORKS.
Does anyone actually know what is going on with the patcher? Do we know what is actually going wrong with it?
Or more importantly, has TRION ACKNOWLEDGED the problem?
Do we know what files are replaced exactly? Maybe some body could host them somewhere?

And I ask again, could somebody from TRION respond to this thread and offer us a solution? Maybe you might host the patch off site as a stand alone download-to provide quality of service to your paying customers?

DangerousQ
06-30-2013, 03:55 AM
well not had previous patch problems but 1.022 just stinks. Trion couldnt care less about customers, we've paid our money why should they do anything, the less people playing the lower the cost in server maintenance.

Ive used about 35 GB of data trying to fix this broken POS. Glad I dont have any limits on bandwidth. I have tried all the solutions listed on their FAQ, no luck.

i tried verifying game integrity in steam, it redownloaded the whole game only to be faced with the same POS. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled from scratch, same error. Steam still wants to redownload the entire game again as it thinks the game is corrupt. This really is a POS. Not likely tpo play this game ever again and Trion can go kiss my *** if they think they will ever get any money from me in future, Im just glad that Tiny Tinas BL2 DLC is here so i can forget this sorry POS was ever installed.

CoMMaNDeR
07-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Tried all .... NOTHING WORK !!!!

Just a question, wanna TRION just do money with selling NOT WORKING game ????

mysticjbyrd
08-23-2013, 10:37 PM
For those of you still getting the "Patch Error, Please Try Again Later" message, here is what I did for Windows 7 and it worked. I can now hit play and get all the way to the server log in, which isn't up of course.

1. Delete your old Defiance install. Keep the actual client installer that you downloaded from Trion though.
2. Go to your start menu, in your search box type "config". Find your system configure.
3. Click on the services tab and hide all Microsoft services then disable everything else.
4. Click on the Start-up tab, disable all.
5. Apply.
6. Restart your PC from a cold boot.
7. After bootup, disable all anti-virus and any firewalls. Including Windows firewall.
8. Run Defiance.exe as administrator and let it instal to its default location
9. Go to its default location, right click on patcher.exe. Go to properties.
10. Click the compatibility tab and check the box that says run as admin.
11. apply and close out.
12. Go to your desktop and run Defiance.

This may or may not work for anyone getting this particular error message. It worked for me and I thought I'd share. Good luck and I look forward to shootin' stuff with you all soon.
Everything you did was a waste of time aside from running the program as administrator.