PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Side Missions

Escyos
08-08-2013, 04:06 AM
Okay so I found two of the hidden side missions:
1. Scrapper Schematics from the Scrapper Repair Station emergency
2. Medical Supplies: C.O.D. from the Damaged in Delivery emergency

What else is there and which emergencies activate them? (Please only post if you know which ones they are, saying "That one Dark Matter one with the guy" does not help.)

EDIT: Scrapper Schematics was found to the south of Nob Hill near the gulanite pools and also at Dead End Junction. Medical Supplies: C.O.D. was found at Dolores Park.

August Barkley
08-08-2013, 04:11 AM
I often see "Medical Supplies: C.O.D." on the map. But this marker immediately disappears. Have not had time to check. :(

Terb
08-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Okay so I found two of the hidden side missions:
1. Scrapper Schematics from the Scrapper Repair Station emergency
2. Medical Supplies: C.O.D. from the Damaged in Delivery emergency

I've not even found those, where are they?

August Barkley
08-08-2013, 07:51 AM

Yes, this is a hidden mission, which is rarely seen in Dolores Park. :)

Indra Echo
08-08-2013, 08:26 AM
It would be nice along with asking others to report any hidden missions if you'd put the locations of those you've found too. The one's in Dolores Park. I think the other mentioned is near the Overpass IIRC but am not sure. If it's the one where you have to take the package to the drop box at Overpass. I don't remember exactly where myself so if anyone does it would be appreciated if they'd post the location. I think it can be done repeatedly.

Escyos
08-08-2013, 07:34 PM
I posted where they are known to spawn on the first post.

Seeing as there has been a Top-Notch and Soleptor one I think maybe there will be one for VBI as well, maybe even one for Paradise and Echelon.

Traxx
08-08-2013, 07:40 PM
I ran across one by the jump point just south east of the golden gate bridge. I had just finished an ark fall and I noticed helos just over the mountains to the east. There was nothing special on the map. I went over to investigate and the screen went black and a video played. I cleared the area and at the end got a reward.

Indra Echo
08-08-2013, 07:58 PM
I posted where they are known to spawn on the first post.

Seeing as there has been a Top-Notch and Soleptor one I think maybe there will be one for VBI as well, maybe even one for Paradise and Echelon.
Yeah, thank you for editing your post to show the locations.

Yewa
08-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Where is Dead End Junction? Can't find it on the map

edit: found it. It's North East of Bernal tower.

ralisti
08-09-2013, 07:04 PM
They are not hidden, they are just very rare. The game has spawn points, and each spawn point has a list of missions that can spawn from it.

That is why you see the same old missions spawning at the same old spots. It is one of the things I hate about the game. There is little to no dynamicness to the game.

Swiftstone
08-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Here's a question: Why are there hidden missions, when there's not even enough of a variety of the easily found stuff to do that would justify them?

For that matter, why do they hide major story plot in hidden recorders?

I took my time, and it took me about a week or two of carefully pacing myself, to burn through ALL of the main, side, and episode missions, (which could hardly be called 'missions'. They were simple fetch quests for story we should have been given by other means.) most of which I later learned were non-repeatable.

I've run the main storyline probably 20-30 times, and only because I couldn't stand to grind the same arkfalls over, and over, and over again. The main missions don't offer much more variety than that, but at least it's something. I'm tired of what little content there is being hidden from us, in lieu of putting ACTUAL mysteries or rewards in the game.

It's about the laziest universe-building I've ever seen. Way to phone in your most well-known title, Trion...

Yewa
08-09-2013, 09:34 PM
about the data recorders I agree with you, makes no sense for people to record things and leave the recorders lying around in random places. At least put a dead body or something to indicate how the data recorder ended up there. The way it is now looks like the Alan Wake game where you find pages of the story scattered through the maps, but in that game it made sense.

I also agree that most of the side missions are too simple. So simple in fact that it could be endlessly generated just like the contracts are. I think the hidden missions may be unfinished content that was trimmed down for them to be able to release the game on schedule.

defiant
08-10-2013, 01:02 AM
lol iv'e been carefully monitoring this thread, I want to find one of these "hidden missions", I'm currently combing the south east shorelines just prior to the golden gate bridge in hopes of spotting one that was mentioned..
About the point made regarding "dynamicness:, I kind of agree but at the same time a part of me appreciates a rather still environment regarding variables one might repetitiously grind in pursuit of improvement i.e Dark Souls. "to some small degree"

defiant
08-10-2013, 01:00 PM
I searched the game world for an hour looking for something out of the ordinary based on the prospect of rare content and light info here and not once did I come across any predetermined cut scenes or anything unusual outside the regular emergencies. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough but boy did I cover a lot of terrain.

Escyos
08-25-2013, 07:30 PM
I thought I had found one but it turned out to be a Volge Emergency. :(