PDA

View Full Version : 5000 EGO Question

Raserei
03-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Are there really things to spend all your EGO points on if you are EGO 5000 or will you have a ton of points leftover. I didn't play the game yet, so maybe this question makes no sense. Do you get EGO points per EGO rating?

Exes
03-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Are there really things to spend all your EGO points on if you are EGO 5000 or will you have a ton of points leftover. I didn't play the game yet, so maybe this question makes no sense. Do you get EGO points per EGO rating?

No, Ego rating gets much higher than the points you get. I would have like 170 rating and maybe 6 points.

lundwooder
03-30-2013, 11:06 AM
No you only get them after so many ego levels but I don't know the exact number and you can also upgrade your perks, it takes one point to unlock two to upgrade once, three to upgrade again etc

Mack

Not quite sure but i highly doubt you'll have any points left over i hope they make it to where you can max out every skill and perk. Because they limit you to like 12 perks anyways

Lord Marshal
Every time you xp bar fills up you gain 10 ego rating and one ego point. You also gain rating points for other things like leveling your weapon skill and achieving goals. It would not be hard for them to add more ego powers and perks since the 'leveling' in this game is more sideways than linear.

Here is something to look at while you wait.

http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/

pieofdeath123
03-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Not quite sure but i highly doubt you'll have any points left over i hope they make it to where you can max out every skill and perk. Because they limit you to like 12 perks anyways
Im almost sure sledge said this will happen

Opus
03-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Right now, if you were to unlock (and max) every perk and every ability you'd need to be EGO 2600 or so. Which leaves me to believe we may get additional perks and abilities opened up down the line.

Exes
03-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Right now, if you were to unlock (and max) every perk and every ability you'd need to be EGO 2600 or so. Which leaves me to believe we may get additional perks and abilities opened up down the line.

Though this information is relating to the beta client. Not even sure if it's still true for the live game.

Figma
03-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Devs said in one of the streams that new Ego power might come later

SSlarg
03-30-2013, 11:18 AM
I think it will take at least a few months to reach 5000 ego.
so they have time to figure out how to add
other things in. skills and so on.

Raserei
03-30-2013, 11:25 AM
How many perks can you have active at once?

SSlarg
03-30-2013, 11:26 AM
How many perks can you have active at once?

this I can answer again based upon the beta
you can have Two main ego skills and Nine passive ego
perks equipped. by passive I mean perks like ammo thief and thick skinned.

Raserei
03-30-2013, 11:29 AM
this I can answer again based upon the beta
you can have Two main ego skills and Nine passive ego
perks equipped. by passive I mean perks like ammo thief and thick skinned.

Holy cow so I can use 2 EGO powers? I thought you can only use 1. Thats awesome

SSlarg
03-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Holy cow so I can use 2 EGO powers? I thought you can only use 1. Thats awesome

you can have for example cloak and overcharge.
so you cloak and coming out of cloak use overcharge and kill.
just an example. but in a word, yes.

jetimblin
03-30-2013, 11:47 AM

actually you can only use one ego abilitiy per loadout. so no you cant use cloak and then overcharge unless you change loadouts very fast

Figma
03-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Thats not possible, you can unlock them all but only have 1/loadout and you need to go menu to change loadouts

SSlarg
03-30-2013, 11:49 AM
actually you can only use one ego abilitiy per loadout. so no you cant use cloak and then overcharge unless you change loadouts very fast

that's odd in the beta I had two equipped one on L2 and the other on R2

Figma
03-30-2013, 11:50 AM
that's odd in the beta I had two equipped one on L2 and the other on R2
Grenade.....

Opus
03-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Though this information is relating to the beta client. Not even sure if it's still true for the live game.

This is true. They could turn it around and charge more for perk/ego upgrades when it releases. Although I am hoping it stays the same and they just add additional perks and powers for us to unlock.

SSlarg
03-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Grenade.....

DOH! you're right! I guess I used it so often it felt like a power
especally with a cooldown and no limit lol.