PDA

View Full Version : The Volge Are Gone!

alienstookmybeer
08-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Any reason they're no longer in the game? I just drove through at least 3 dozen emergencies over Sausalito and Marin and saw plenty of afflicted, raiders, 99ers, etc.. no Volge! C'mon I need my Volge killing fix already.

Edit: They are there, just much less frequently (estimate maybe only 3-5% of emergencies now are Volge)

Flank
08-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Idk.. they were there last night. Haven't logged in yet today. I hope they aren't gone.

Mowazzy
08-09-2013, 07:39 AM
noticed this yesterday. looks like they keep removing the best parts of the game....

MaxSterling
08-09-2013, 07:41 AM
I think they greatly reduced the frequency... which is really depressing.

I guess there were too many people that couldn't go Rambo with them, so they cried about it... and Trion reduced their frequency.

squidgod2000
08-09-2013, 07:42 AM
Good. They were way too common.

alienstookmybeer
08-09-2013, 07:46 AM
An even distribution of afflicted, volge, raiders, and gang would be great but I'm not seeing any Volge whatsoever

HUSKARL
08-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Possibly a sign of things changing soon... ;)

Sanguinesun
08-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Possibly a sign of things changing soon... ;)

Ah to be new and optimistic to the game again..:rolleyes:

On an unrelated note, Im playing too much Skyrim at the moment. When I saw your name the first thing I read was Housecarl :P

August Barkley
08-09-2013, 07:55 AM
This is the calm before the storm. The Evil Empire Strikes Back in "Volge Sieges". :)

Mowazzy
08-09-2013, 08:05 AM
This is the calm before the storm. The Evil Empire Strikes Back in "Volge Sieges". :)

hopefully optimistic about this. but more like, "Oh no... weaklings are finding them too hard, NERF the $hit out of them asap!"

alienstookmybeer
08-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Volge are still there, thank goodness. Got my fix. But they were definitely cut wayyyyyyyy back.

Elric1
08-09-2013, 08:20 AM

yeah but if they are THAT rare then they pulled back too much they just shouldn't be on every damn road you try to drive on they blow yer %^&* up fast even driving.

Elric1
08-09-2013, 08:22 AM

They can't even fix arkfalls you think they are gonna do that right? They'd prob blow up their servers before that happens.

Maitreakow
08-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Yay!

Now I can stand out in the open, not taking cover, and mow down 95% of Emergencies while shooting my OP SAW off-hand...

thinice
08-09-2013, 08:28 AM
i think it has more to do with the rewind emergencies that involve the afflicted. Those emergencies are everywhere.

Hope499
08-09-2013, 08:33 AM
noticed this yesterday. looks like they keep removing the best parts of the game....

lol, im sure they will be back with the DLC....

but yea, seems like they are trying to drive as many people away as possible before the DLC hits...don't really understand the marketing side of Trion....

squidgod2000
08-09-2013, 08:33 AM
As long as the Volge stop camping Shadow War capture points, I'm happy.

TravelerX1
08-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeepppppp
Good thinkin Trion....

Yewa
08-09-2013, 08:42 AM
I liked it because they were way too common. But now we have afflicted emergencies everywhere. They should distribute the emergencies more evenly...

inox2980
08-09-2013, 08:47 AM
While I really like the Volge emergencies, I found myself actually pleasantly surprised when I ran into/completed a plain ol' raider emergency (Roadblock) last night.

squidgod2000
08-09-2013, 08:57 AM
While I really like the Volge emergencies, I found myself actually pleasantly surprised when I ran into/completed a plain ol' raider emergency (Roadblock) last night.

I miss the regular Dark Matter emergencies. Adding hellbug, Volge and rewind emergencies to SF basically zeroed-out a lot of the DM (and scrapper, for that matter) emergencies.

Vega
08-09-2013, 08:59 AM
          

Indra Echo
08-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Probably a combination of things here. Rewind content so more afflicted back again, some busy servers (for me they've been very busy yes) that actually do mean the reduced frequency of some things, and requests from people for a return of the raiders and 99ers' emergencies. It's also to be expected that things will rotate in and out, since this is supposed to be a dynamic type of game.

I've seen a lot more types of arkfalls when it used to be way more of the hellbug ones. People asked for that. I've also seen way more majors though some people repeatedly complain they are not seeing any. I've also only experience one arkfall that was bugged and didn't complete even when we finished it and one that couldn't be completed because a hellbug was under the map since the change and/or fix for arkfalls. Though others seem to experience those more frequently. And up until very recently when I have not played for a couple days (I've been sick), I was chasing arkfalls but not phase hopping to find them. I was going from arkfall to arkfall, avoiding the Volge just to get arkfalls done. Most were minors but a lot of the time I was going from major to major with no interruption. And I was traveling to a lot of San Francisco arkfalls where the Volge seemed to be plentiful. But I have not played yesterday or today.

So everyone's experiences are not all the same. If there's something not great about what's happening for you, I'd suggest you try changing phases. Go to a friend or log off and back on to see if you can get into a different one.

gobi42
08-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Probably a combination of things here. Rewind content so more afflicted back again, some busy servers (for me they've been very busy yes) that actually do mean the reduced frequency of some things, and requests from people for a return of the raiders and 99ers' emergencies. It's also to be expected that things will rotate in and out, since this is supposed to be a dynamic type of game.

I've seen a lot more types of arkfalls when it used to be way more of the hellbug ones. People asked for that. I've also seen way more majors though some people repeatedly complain they are not seeing any. I've also only experience one arkfall that was bugged and didn't complete even when we finished it and one that couldn't be completed because a hellbug was under the map since the change and/or fix for arkfalls. Though others seem to experience those more frequently. And up until very recently when I have not played for a couple days (I've been sick), I was chasing arkfalls but not phase hopping to find them. I was going from arkfall to arkfall, avoiding the Volge just to get arkfalls done. Most were minors but a lot of the time I was going from major to major with no interruption. And I was traveling to a lot of San Francisco arkfalls where the Volge seemed to be plentiful. But I have not played yesterday or today.

So everyone's experiences are not all the same. If there's something not great about what's happening for you, I'd suggest you try changing phases. Go to a friend or log off and back on to see if you can get into a different one.

i noticed this too for a while i couldn't find an afflicted with the minigun anywhere and then couldn't find one that doesn't have the minigun. not that i mind who doesn't love shreeding afflicted with a minigun(but alas it does get old after a min)

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Few of the people I play with saw them last night. I only got to play for about 2 hours last night and never ran into 1 volge emergency. Sad considering that was what I was looking for. Hope their still in game but wouldn't mind if they weren't every emergency.

alienstookmybeer
08-09-2013, 10:11 AM
They're still there, just very rare. I think the Volge are just regrouping and waiting for the right time to strike back in force (like when they nerf the SAW)

rev
08-09-2013, 10:12 AM
As long as the Volge stop camping Shadow War capture points, I'm happy.

Wait? People still play Shadow Wars? (I kid I kid)

Nefarious
08-09-2013, 10:30 AM

As they should be. Because they are invading. But instead we still have stupid Afflicted running around.

DarknessEyes PT
08-09-2013, 10:34 AM
So basically their removing the only thing worth killing for loot...

August Barkley
08-09-2013, 10:46 AM
You can not please everyone. Someone said: Afflicted it`s bad, stupid... Ok, they were removed. Volge were added. People began to whine: volge humiliate us! Now Volge was removed. And people are unhappy again: Afflicted this is bad! =\

Decide already! :)

Nefarious
08-09-2013, 10:54 AM
You can not please everyone. Someone said: Afflicted it`s bad, stupid... Ok, they were removed. Volge were added. People began to whine: volge humiliate us! Now Volge was removed. And people are unhappy again: Afflicted this is bad! =\

I just want some kind of continuity with the game. Afflicted are done and Volge are in. Things cant stick around forever. The Afflicted Saga is over.

DarknessEyes PT
08-09-2013, 11:00 AM

FIX:

34% of map without afflicted and volgues.
33% of map with volgues.
33% of map with afflicted.

Flank
08-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Any reason they're no longer in the game? I just drove through at least 3 dozen emergencies over Sausalito and Marin and saw plenty of afflicted, raiders, 99ers, etc.. no Volge! C'mon I need my Volge killing fix already.

Edit: They are there, just much less frequently (estimate maybe only 3-5% of emergencies now are Volge)

Spotted a few Ers of volge by Sea scape farms. So they are in game.. but took me a minute to find them.
Maybe they just lowered their spawn rate? Idk.. but they are still here. Now go kill them and be happy. That is what I did. :cool:

jbob spittlewop
08-09-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm actually kind of glad the spawns were reduced, it seemed like forever since I saw an emergency that WASN'T volge.

BigAndy00
08-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I don't know about today but last night at around midnight I got my a** handed to me by driving into one emergency Volage ambush to help another Ark Hunter out... they fled so I did too! Just to run into another Volage Road Block right around the corner in Marin. :( Needless to say I had to be extracted!

Indra Echo
08-09-2013, 11:54 AM
So basically their removing the only thing worth killing for loot...

Uh no. I've played and fought the Afflicted and gotten a lot of loot at times. And I've run through and done other things and gotten a lot of loot.

They haven't removed them-the quantity of Volge out there is different for everyone. But I do believe they increased other emergency types (not just Afflicted) because people asked for more Raiders and stuff. And there are more arkfall types landing all the time instead of all the hellbug ones. I've played a lot of Raider, mutant, and 99er arkfalls lately.

There also seem to be more Dark Matter emergencies back but a lot of Volge in San Francisco.

cusman
08-09-2013, 11:55 AM
I think they greatly reduced the frequency... which is really depressing.

I guess there were too many people that couldn't go Rambo with them, so they cried about it... and Trion reduced their frequency.

They gave the best loot of any of the enemies... too bad, I enjoyed solo'ing them.

MaxSterling
08-09-2013, 11:57 AM
They gave the best loot of any of the enemies... too bad, I enjoyed solo'ing them.
As did I. Broke up the monotony of Arkfalls.

N3gativeCr33p
08-09-2013, 11:58 AM
The Volge are gone? Lies, I tell you... lies!

drackiller
08-09-2013, 12:09 PM
The Volge are gone? Lies, I tell you... lies!

LOL, i stoped to eat , but before that i went into a minor arkfall and there they were, two volge citizens agroing the peaceful ark hunters that only had the intention of destroying the cristal. ;)
They still here, just not everywhere. And that`s not bad i guess.

Indra Echo
08-09-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm pretty sure the only answer to all of this is for Trion to put in some checkboxes before the game starts. These would be the choices:

Enemies: Y/N
Volge: Y/N
Raiders: Y/N
Afflicted: Y/N
99ers: Y/N
Dark Matter: Y/N
Hulkers: Y/N
Hellbugs: Y/N

PvP: Y/N
Shadow Wars: Y/N
TDM: Y/N
Cap and hold: Y/N

Weapons: Y/N
Nerfed: Y/N
Buffed: Y/N
Orange: All/Some/None

Arkfalls: Y/N
Major: Y/N
Minor: Y/N

Coop: Y/N
Solo: Y/N
Group Mode: Y/N

Game as a whole--
Solo: Y/N
MMO: Y/N
Shooter: Y/N
RPG: Y/N
No cheating mode: Y/N
All cheats on (lemme glitch the heck out of it): Y/N

And this is just the preamble. I think all options should be decided prior to entering the game otherwise Trion needs to go into ESP mode and read the minds of players before they enter so they know exactly what type of phase to put them into.

Valethar
08-09-2013, 12:46 PM

True. I think the Dev team merely adjusted the spawn chances in the tables so that we'd get more of the other emergencies again. The people farming Viscera are going to be butthurt though.

Yewa
08-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Theres no explanation as to why the volge decided to come in droves to the bay area. The afflicted were explained by the TV show, but the volge simply appeared on the game without any lore/backstory to them. I hope the dlc that will be released soon™ gives us some information about it.

Flank
08-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Theres no explanation as to why the volge decided to come in droves to the bay area. The afflicted were explained by the TV show, but the volge simply appeared on the game without any lore/backstory to them. I hope the dlc that will be released soon™ gives us some information about it.

Pilot episode of the show... gave as much insight to back story as WE (the players) need.
A 2 hour episode (the first I may add) having mostly to do with arc cores and volge.
As far as lore goes anyway.

Indra Echo
08-09-2013, 01:07 PM

Actually, I think the main reason is because people kept asking for them. Just as the Castithan are coming because of what people wanted. It seems some people don't think Trion listens and then when they do listen people wonder why certain things happen in the game.

Trion listened and we'll get Volge Sieges, an arena, duels, charge weapons, castithans, and more. It's just possible that any story about the Volge may come in the DLC when the Sieges do.

Yun
08-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Ah to be new and optimistic to the game again..:rolleyes:

On an unrelated note, Im playing too much Skyrim at the moment. When I saw your name the first thing I read was Housecarl :P

LOL funny thing is that is what I've been playing at the moment lately until the Defiance DLC hits as well.

Alexri
08-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Few things Trion has done lately has been so devastating to my will to play as this change. I'm starting to suspect that Trion is intentionally chasing away players so that it will have less of an impact when they kill Defiance without any DLC being released.

Something like:
1: Make the game as unplayable as possible
2: Players leave
3: Cancel all DLC, release a note that you have to request a refund for the season pass
4: Pay back a fraction of the season passes, because since no one plays anymore, no one reads news about the game, and no one sees the message about requesting a refund

Arsenic_Touch
08-09-2013, 02:16 PM

Pretty much all the lore and backstory took place in the first episode. Though they never really explored it. Which goes to further illustrate how late this DLC really is in the grand scheme of things.

Orbital
08-09-2013, 02:19 PM
good, I bet them volge were annoying for those that hadn't hit 5k yet trying to level up off of emergency runs.

Alexri
08-09-2013, 02:44 PM
good, I bet them volge were annoying for those that hadn't hit 5k yet trying to level up off of emergency runs.

Yeah gotta hate an emergency that takes 45 seconds and gives you multiple green items. Impossible to level off such monstrosities

Orbital
08-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Yeah gotta hate an emergency that takes 45 seconds and gives you multiple green items. Impossible to level off such monstrosities

Actually I loved them, them raider & 99'er emergencies were easy leveling and scrip.