PDA

View Full Version : • • • Who has HARD LOCKS - CONSOLE FREEZES - Chime In: Trion Wants To Know • • •

Pages : [1] 2

Vicious VP
08-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Hey all,

Well, to make a VERY long story short: I (and just about every gamer I have chatted with in game) have been experiencing hard-locks (HL's) ever since the BETA. Not just 1 or 2. Or 3-5. We are talking above 50. I get at least one almost EVERY time I play Defiance.

These are the ones that you have to hold down the power button for 20 seconds to reset the PS3.

Below is a compact version of the conversation I have been having with Trion. I know it is a long read and I'm sorry for that, but if you are dealing with HL's then it is worth reading to see what Trion thinks is going on, or rather, NOT going on.

If I play for 3-4 hours, I can count on at least 1 HARD LOCK of my PS3 SLIM during that time, if not more.

Yesterday, I was in the game for a total of 30 seconds before it locked up my system.

In most cases, I can hold the POWER BUTTON for 20 seconds and it will restart the system, the rest of the time I HAVE to pull out the power cord to turn the system off.

I have played 1000's of hours on PS3 systems and this is the ONLY GAME that I have ever had to 'pull the cord' on a CONSTANT basis. 3 times in Mass Effect 3, once in GranTurismo 5 ... all the rest (15-20 times), DEFIANCE. Doing this is VERY hard on the PS3 and can cause innumerable issues within it - all because of bad coding.

They suggested a few options and I have jumped through all the hoops that they gave to fix the issue and it is a 'no go'.

Continuing on ...

So the symptoms you're experiencing, things like hard freezes requiring a full console restart, tend to indicate one of two things. Both causes share the same symptoms. These normally indicate either corrupt data, or a hardware issue (whether it be drivers, firmware, or actual faulty hardware). It's much easier for us to troubleshoot a software issue such as corrupt data ... Issues like you brought up earlier, such as bugs caused by something our engineers missed tend to occur on a widespread scale. I did a search on our support queues for the last two weeks and couldn't find any similar reports.

Reply ...

I have friends and clan members that I play Defiance with and EVERY ONE OF THEM have the same issues that I do regarding the lock-up's and hard-freezes. So, unless all of them and I have HARDWARE issues (which is HIGHLY unlikely) then is IS a coding issue - or at the least, code that is incompatible with the PS3 hardware architecture.

Now, the BIG difference between them and me is : I take the time to actually REPORT the issues that I encounter and they do not - and here is why. They feel that it is a 1) waste of time or at a minimum, a pain in the butt to submit issues within the game. Typing a LONG explanation on a PS3 controller is NOT at all fun, hence, why I do it here, on the web.

2) they feel with the MASSIVE amount of lock-up's and hard-freezes we experience along with the subsequent mountain of tickets you must get about them, 'if the issue was going to be addressed and fixed, Trion would have done it by now'.

It is a case of 'what's the point'. If we all stopped playing the game (which is why we bought it - to play it) to send a ticket whenever it locked up our systems, we would (on many days) spend more time typing out tickets on a PS3 controller then actually playing the game. It IS that bad.

My suggestion to Trion ...

So, If you really want to know how often this happens in order to make the game better, then make reporting it VERY VERY EASY. Add an option that is a SINGLE CHECK BOX in the reporting system that states something to the effect "The last time I played Defiance I experienced a lock-up or hard-freeze".

No long explanation.

No cascade of drop-downs to go through.

Just a box at the top-level to click on.

I'm sure, if you implement an easy tracking system like this (and inform the players IT IS THERE on the splash screen) you will be amazed and then horrified as to how my 'checks' you get in that box in just a few days.

... and again, Trions reply ...

If the issue is indeed widespread, then we need more reports. As I mentioned previously, I have no evidence at all indicating that this is widespread. If you are not convinced that the issue is hardware related, and have indeed taken steps to ensure that the issue is not corrupt date related (I'll touch on that more below), then we need to gather additional information from other users in order to provide sufficient evidence to our engineers to duplicate the issue and then implement a fix.

First, Submit a bug report in-game. Second, post on our official forums, if your friends are unwilling to submit tickets as well. This will be where other users who are experiencing the same issues can chime in and provide any additional information. The forums are the most appropriate venue for making information known to our developers.

So there you have it. If you are dealing with this as I have and many are, PLEASE, take the time to say so here and also, WRITE A TICKET (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/ask) that goes to the devs so it IS on record.

By doing this, you help me, your other Defiance friends and the rest of the community.

Thanks much! :D :D

- PS3 Name: Dig -Gen - Defiance Character: Devhan Thane

Nim Shandu
08-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Other thread was trashed or something before I got a chance to reply. Hard freezes, only way to turn off console is by cutting power, do exist. This is the only game that hard freezes me.

I saw somewhere in the past someone stated the cause is the system getting too hot and the solder begins to melt, causing errors. I don't know how true it is, but it sounds good.

They can't find and posts on hard freezes?? LMAO, tell them to use the search function on their site and look up "hard freeze". They will get what the are searching for. It has been brought up several times in the past, nothing ever gets done. This freeze is a game breaker and makes me fearful to even play the disc.

It does it to mine [a year+ old] and my friend's that is only 20 days older than Defiance. Happens fairly often. Don't want the system destroyed so I have stopped playing till it gets fixed. Sucks to hear this is still an issue.

Vicious VP
08-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Thanks Nim.

HIGH VOLTAGE59
08-09-2013, 05:50 PM
They have 75 bug and emails now and counting i have had the same issue and report it every time what i always hear is its my fault not theirs they need to dig deeper into there massive reportand bug list unless the go to file 13 lol

dee man
08-09-2013, 08:33 PM
I have had the same issues with hard freezes since launch. I have submitted several tickets as well as posting in the forums about this problem and also how to first try and hold the power button down before unplugging. I have never got a response from any Trion member about this and if I had to guess how many hard freezes I've had since launch, it would probably be close to 100. Hopefully they get this fixed but someone once told me "Don't hold your breath, cause you might die" lol

eddwalsh2002
08-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Ps3 bought in march played defiance past 2 weeks had 3 hard locks havent had to pull cord on 2 of them
Constant server down message after 8pm est time pas 3 nights......

Duncan Shadowfall
08-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Constant hard freezes and as a it tech...i know what that does to hard drives

Thomas1975
08-09-2013, 10:39 PM
While I have not had to pull the cord as of yet, I get a hard freeze almost once a day. And before Trion says it must be your hardware let me tell you I am an IT Tech and Run a Computer Repair Business. I have checked my PS3 for top to bottom, put all the parts on testers and can tell you there is nothing wrong with my PS3. So the OP is right it is software and you need to fix it. I have also been told the XBOX has the same problems. So Trion just admit you have a problem and fix it. No one is perfect, heck look at your servers tonight. So before you say we have a problem, look at your problems and fix them. Thank you.

Vicious VP
08-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Thanks everyone. Keep posting your HL's when ever they arise ...

maxx traxxas
08-11-2013, 05:13 AM
My ps3 locked up pretty good a few times since playing defiance. I have held the on/off button for a minute, and no turn off so i had to unplug it. Also some times when i just done for the evening. I simply hit the quit game option on my controller. My screen will go black with a lot of white lines across the screen. It kind of locks up, but it will shut off with the on/off button. Sometimes i think it is my ps3 due to it still the first ps3 that came on the market. But only defiance does this to it.

Cyripax NeoPrime
08-11-2013, 06:00 AM
Same issue, my ps3 hasnt hard locked once in 4 years, once I put the defiance disc in it happens everytime I play. I play any other game and it does not hard freeze. Then I put defiance back in and it sure enough happens again at some point during play. NO other game has ever or does to this day do this to my ps3 system. Defiance does iT @LEAST ONCE PER SESSION!... trion wont admit to it though, like the other guy said...dont hold your breath. Trion would cover up/deny its on thier end b4 owning up. However this issue is minor to me untill it breaks/if it breaks my console. I love this game and have invested way too much into it to just stop playing it over some hard freezes. Especially since its now playable for me,lol. Had some issues in the beggining that crippled the whole experience but they didnt last long. And ill give trion credit for compensating me for the troubles, quite well. But when it comes to things like this, theyre like the whitewater scandal. Plus they will never admit that thier code is hardfreezing our systems because that would make them liable for a class action lawsuit if the machines break due to this (if there was a way to tell if thats what actually broke the machine). Most likely there isnt. So why not just deny any of it. Even though we all know defiance is to blame for this issue. Believe me, they know about it and have plenty of data on it. It is what is though.

hey u
08-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Just got my first system lock and no points I think for that Arkfall since I been up on Defiance on Ps3. Had to hold down button till system restart. Scared the crap out me when it said may take up to 2 hours if files are corrupted thank God it is working now and a short short wait

Dacarian
08-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Yeah Ive had the game since launch and it seems to hardlock my system alot, even to the point of yanking the cord from the wall. Has there been any word from Trion about this aside from a shoulder shrug? lol

Vicious VP
08-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Add on another. I was in the game for less than 10 minutes from a cold-start and <BAM> HARD LOCK.

Will it ever end? Who knows!

Vicious VP
08-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Yeah Ive had the game since launch and it seems to hardlock my system alot, even to the point of yanking the cord from the wall. Has there been any word from Trion about this aside from a shoulder shrug? lol
Thanks much, clanmate! Thais has got to be approaching a 100 HL's for you too, is it not?

joejoe860
08-12-2013, 12:40 PM
I get a hard freeze almost every time I play. And when I don't get a hard freeze then I get timed out and kicked from the game! I've given up on the Major Arkfalls because every single time it glitches.

joejoe860
08-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Hard reseting the ps3 over and over can not be good for the system. I'm losing patience with this game

Vicious VP
08-12-2013, 11:29 PM
And yet ANOTHER HL. Every Day!

Dacarian has had 2 today since we have been playing.

BarrySciFi
08-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Lol yep it happens all the time. I've had my PS3 SINCE LAUNCH DAY, and it has never hard locked before. Only with Defiance. What a coincidence, no? Lol

Vicious VP
08-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Lol yep it happens all the time. I've had my PS3 SINCE LAUNCH DAY, and it has never hard locked before. Only with Defiance. What a coincidence, no? Lol

Coincidence? No.

I have the same issue but have had two other games lock the system twice each. 4 HL's out of 100's of hours of play time = acceptable. Over a 100 HL's in ONE GAME = completely unacceptable.

js12
08-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Me too. I had my first hard freeze today in nearly 4 years. It happened not once, but for a second time in just 2 hours.

1 time is a fluke, 2 times is not. Seeing that a lot of others are having the same problem, I don't think it's a system issue.

If this helps the Trion staff I froze the second time when I was doing the Liberate the Lost co-op map, and was in the middle of fighting Piercer. I forgot when I froze the first time though, but I think it was during regular exploration.

hey u
08-13-2013, 03:00 PM
2nd time today as well

hey u
08-13-2013, 06:43 PM
3rd time restart today now

js12
08-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Guys, one of my friends suggested me to eject the disc. He claims that if you wait for a few seconds and then put in the disc again, the console automatically restarts (No corruption message). Does this work?

Vicious VP
08-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Guys, one of my friends suggested me to eject the disc. He claims that if you wait for a few seconds and then put in the disc again, the console automatically restarts (No corruption message). Does this work?
I will try out out but my instincts say 'no'.

Gregori Dragoneyez
08-14-2013, 01:06 AM
Hard freezing here as well. My system has never hard locked in the 4 years that I have owned it no matter what game was being played. This is not a hardware issue.

Vicious VP
08-15-2013, 12:24 AM
And another HL. Also, I tried ejecting the disc and it did restart the system but not recover the lockup.

THE GUDGE
08-15-2013, 03:16 AM
I ve had it a one or two times , after the first time i cleaned the CD then ok for week or so then happend again so this time i took my PS3 apart and cleaned it all out haven't had the error happen since then , just might be console getting to hot or on to long . If it happends again then will let you know . Peace out and have fun

AmnesiaHaze
08-15-2013, 04:45 AM
for me they are considered part of the game already , just like on fallout 3 :D

Falandarin
08-15-2013, 06:30 AM
2-3 times each day I play. It can't be good for the console system.

Vicious VP
08-15-2013, 11:25 AM
I ve had it a one or two times , after the first time i cleaned the CD then ok for week or so then happend again so this time i took my PS3 apart and cleaned it all out haven't had the error happen since then , just might be console getting to hot or on to long . If it happens again then will let you know . Peace out and have fun
My PS3 is in a cabinet so I know it is clean and I have had HL's within 30 seconds of being in the game after the system has been off all day ... so I don't think it's dirt or heat. :D

Vicious VP
08-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Well, this just in, so maybe there is hope.

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I reviewed the forum post [he is speaking of this post, the one you are reading now] and did see a good amount of people chiming in. While we don't have many tickets in queue, the ones we do have provide a sufficient amount of evidence. So I've forwarded all of this information to our Defiance engineering team. At this time I don't have any more information than that. Thanks for all the information and your reports.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is 130722-001355.

Sincerely,

Senior GM Regnall
Trion Worlds Inc.

So, with that said, I'm not holding my breath ... :(

bubbleship13
08-15-2013, 03:08 PM
happens to me every day.

Vicious VP
08-15-2013, 10:51 PM
30 minutes in to Defiance, staring at the ground, talking to Dacarian, hard lock.

Terrato137
08-16-2013, 07:22 PM
2 hard locks today. Not 1 other game has ever hard locked, not 1.

Dacarian
08-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Personally i think if you rub cheetah blood on the game disk it wont totally lock up any more....

Vicious VP
08-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Personally i think if you rub cheetah blood on the game disk it wont totally lock up any more....Ah ... but as they say 'Cheetah's never prosper' ... so maybe not.

bloodrain
08-17-2013, 08:12 PM
have had 2 since i own it

js12
08-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Had another one just now. Come on Trion I am losing patience with this game.

js12
08-19-2013, 11:42 AM
And another one just now...happened as I was shooting enemies.

Sky Bogey
08-19-2013, 11:44 AM
I do..............

Sky Bogey
08-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Like alllllllllllllll the time

thominou
08-20-2013, 07:27 AM
Several times here and the same for all my friends.

konstantinov
08-20-2013, 01:30 PM
I get hard locks almost everyday. The most I have had is 6. It's pretty annoying but I've learn to play with it. Hopefully this patch brings some server stability.

Vicious VP
08-20-2013, 07:27 PM
The most I have had is 6. That is just hateful ...

dug81
08-20-2013, 11:36 PM
happens to me a lot more than it should. least once or twice a day if i play it. don't report all the time but they've been told quite a few times from me.

Big_John_72
08-21-2013, 07:35 AM
My ps3 locked up pretty good a few times since playing defiance. I have held the on/off button for a minute, and no turn off so i had to unplug it. Also some times when i just done for the evening. I simply hit the quit game option on my controller. My screen will go black with a lot of white lines across the screen. It kind of locks up, but it will shut off with the on/off button. Sometimes i think it is my ps3 due to it still the first ps3 that came on the market. But only defiance does this to it.

I can't stress enough the importance of logging out first. I have gotten those white lines on hard crashes and hard resets, but never if I logout first.

Also, I've gotten a hard lock at least once every other day I play Defiance. I'm disabled so you can guess how often I play. Trionworlds would get an in game ticket, but I can't get back in game!

To set your minds to rest though folks, I spoke with several SONY techs who assured me that going through the safe check process the PS brings up after a hard lock does help. That service insures 99.9% of any issues caused by the hard lock will be repaired. Unfortunately, there's always a residual mark left by every hard lock. However, the safe check does keep the system running far longer than ignoring it and hitting O to get back in game faster.

I asked about upgrading the hard drive to a solid state, the two techs I trust told me to wait and invest that expense into a PS4. Neither had tried doing that with a PS3, but both stated they saw no reason why it wouldn't work.

Just something to think about.

MightyDoh
08-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Has anyone tried to uninstall and reinstall the game on the PS3? I personzlly dont want to just beczuse it took 6 hours to patch when I installed and thats on a 20mbps line :(

Vicious VP
08-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Has anyone tried to uninstall and reinstall the game on the PS3? I personzlly dont want to just because it took 6 hours to patch when I installed and thats on a 20mbps line :(I have don a full reinstall - no help at all.

Swiftstone
08-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Yup. It's been happening to me since I got the game right after launch. Not very frequently, thank cosmos, but it shouldn't happen.

On a side note, has anyone noticed a problem with their PS3 not reading the disk when it's first put in? It's been a problem since I bought the game.

I'll put it in, the machine sits for a minute, then I hear a noise like it's ejecting the disk, but it doesn't. I often have to eject and re-insert the disk several times before it 'takes'. Worse, it seems to cause the console to do the same with other games after I play Defiance, until I restart the console. Then everything is just fine.

Bolgor_TheHound
08-21-2013, 01:59 PM
my ps3 only hard freezes when i play defiance

Hiddukel
08-21-2013, 02:58 PM
I've been playing this game every single day, in some capacity ( From as little as 20 minutes to upwards of 12 hours ) since this has been released. Every single time I play this game, without fail, I get a hard lock and have to reset my system. I have sent them error reports every single times it's happened, with the exception of the HL that sends me past the point of ultimate frustration and I just go watch NetFlix.

Gunsmoke6
08-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Good! I hope something gets done ASAP! One of the responses on Page 4, I believe, states that the Engineering team is going to work on it. Bout time they read the friggin Forums! Should be paying attention to it REGULARLY!

dramaQkarri
08-21-2013, 03:59 PM
I've filed many in-game bug reports about Defiance hard freezes. I get at least one hard freeze every day - sometimes as many as five! While it does seem to help have less hard freezes when I've spent an hour reloading my game software, it still happens afterwards and over time it starts to happen more and more often. And it IRRITATES ME TO NO END THAT TRION IS STILL IN DENIAL OF THIS ISSUE! Along with all the other issues...
Yes they absolutely need to get their heads out of the sand and fix what needs fixin' - just about everything actually.
Almost all of my Defiance game friends have hard freezes too, as often as I do. In fact maybe all of them do but since groups are limited to only four players I don't get to talk to all my friends as often as I'd like. MMO = 4 players only please.

Thundah
08-21-2013, 08:28 PM
just got one on mother of hellbugs major arkfall

Xzelian
08-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Well just to chime in I too experience these just as everyone else does.
I believe on average I experience 2-7 daily (this is not counting server disconnects or sync problems with Sony)

I initially sent in a bug report and the response from Trion was that they believed I had a damaged disk.

This is of course not the issue. My disk is pristine, as I too run a computer repair business and know what even the tiniest scratch can do.

So there you have it Trion.

We do report and you ignore them, or make excuses then state the reports do not exist.

Greezy
08-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Its not just ps3 its xbox also. Happens to me on a daily basis.

dominad
08-21-2013, 11:02 PM
I had it happen a couple of times on xbox so glad I do not play anymore hard freeze will damage the console happening as many times *** you guys are describing ffs.

Vicious VP
08-23-2013, 06:11 AM
And ANOTHER today.

dingybell7
08-23-2013, 07:59 AM
I reported a few hard resets and freezes to which I get the same message disable the media server, open ports , delete the game data and reinstall or the best one its not our servers that have the problem its the playstation network ( basically saying they don't care )

dug81
08-23-2013, 08:31 AM
my ps3 only hard freezes when i play defiance

same here man. no other game does it. well skyrim occasionally after i got the dlc for it.

Shyloren
08-23-2013, 10:30 AM
I have hard lockups/freezes pretty much every play session. After restoring the PS3, and getting back into the game it is usually okay for a little while. I've been experimenting with as soon as I get into the game, I wait for all the UI crap to load, all the pursuit complete crap to finish popping up, and then I log out. I then completely quit the game, restart it and get back into the game.

Doing this I was actually able to play for 2 hours straight and only had to deal with sound cutting completely out...until I got timed out at a dark matter arkfall. But, at least it didn't hard freeze on me!

Haemel
08-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Defiance is the ONLY game on my platform that causes this kind of hard crash. We're talking SNES-esque freezing, here. I'd give it an average of roughly once a week the power source needs removal in order to facilitate a restart. Trion, love this game but this is not mass delusion. I have two Defiance players in my residence and we both report the issue; it doesn't require background as a statistician to see the writing on the wall there, especially considering the absence of such symptoms on other pieces of software.

Vicious VP
08-23-2013, 09:52 PM
At least once a week, sometimes more often Defiance Locks my PS3 up.

Whatever code you have in this game overides the 6 second hardwired reset with the power button.

The only way to unlock the PS3 is to unplug it.

I don't mind that I get kicked, I don't mind that the game might lock up once in a while. What I do mind is the fact that ever time I unplug my PS3 it has to go through the 100% verification which prevents me from jumping right back on, especially in an ark fall.

You need to add a line of code that automatically restarts the PS3 after so many seconds of inactivity from the PS3 and the server. Just do it.

This problem has been going on since the original release and I know I'm not the only person experiencing it so please look at your code and find out what transfer protocol is sending the PS3 into an infinite loop that bypasses the hardwired power off after holding the power button for six seconds

Thanks.

Another to add to the long, long, long list of PS3 HL players! Taken from HERE (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?127108-PS3-Hard-Lock-Problem).

lee_sewell
08-24-2013, 07:55 AM
i get them anout 2-3 times a day plus connection timeouts . it's nice to see how good trion is at looking after there players

js12
08-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Had my first hard freeze since patch.

Did you guys know you can press back when they do the hard drive check? Not sure if this is recommended, any thoughts?

Heartlight
08-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Just received one today. Complete froze the machine, looping the audio. Noted on this thread, as per your request, but also notified them via https://support.trionworlds.com/ as it asks at the top of this forum section.

Such a shame :(

joe1011phosphate
08-24-2013, 05:57 PM
We just figured you would be on high alert for these types of issues like Ubisoft, Infinity Ward or any of a long list of devs that could have aced this project. I have experienced the hard freezes and post on the forums the first time it happened, however seeing as how few of the issues have been fixed at all I don't feel reporting is a good use of time. I have 8 support ticket still sitting in open status and I expect they will remain that way or in the least the result post closing the ticket is I get screwed as usual.

Daminite
08-25-2013, 12:20 AM
A better question would be who hasn't had locks and freezes. I get one every 4 hours or so of play, but as of the recent server patch I don't seem to to be online for more than half hour at a time before I get a lag out. And it's not my network or console.

Heartlight
08-25-2013, 01:46 AM
There is a post above mine that was taken from this thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?127108-PS3-Hard-Lock-Problem)

Under the originally reposted item (above) from that same thread was this:

This is a PS3 issue, it's happened to me on other online games.

So I started looking into it and, indeed, I'm finding that more than just this online game is reporting the freeze issue.
So far, I found reports about:
DC Universe Online
MAG
Call of Duty
Disney Infinity

I'm sure there's more but that was enough for me to want to report to this forum.

I'm thinking that everyone who reports to Trion should also, probably, be reporting to Sony.
Here's a PS3 support forum: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/bd-p/22035

Just FYI for those interested.

Edit hours later:

After more and more investigating, it seems that the PS3 has had this freezing problem for years. Many years ago, one of the solutions that worked (and there were 3 problems tracked down: heat, resolution and info bar) was to disable the information bar display. As far as I can tell, this worked for many people experiencing freezing.

Nowadays, they've changed the info bar to this continual advertising and have taken away the ability to disable it. One thing I've found on a forum is that if you turn your date ahead by a year, then reboot your machine, the constant ticker-tape advertising stops. Plus there's one report of someone doing this, rebooting, then changed it back to the real year, rebooting again and the scrolling did not come back.

I haven't tested it myself yet but it seems logical - or at least possible - that the same thing that was causing problems in the past may still be causing problems currently. I'm going to give this a try tomorrow.

dalendria
08-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Yes, I have had many hardlocks while playing Defiance. I have had more on this game than in the total time I have had this particular PS3 slim (2 1/2 years).

As I said in another thread, I stopped playing Defiance about 2 months ago (partly due to this. trying to keep my machine from permanent damage). I just resumed this week after the DLC launch. So far, I have not had any. However, I cannot play more about 1 to 1 1/2 half due to disconnects. Before this, I used to play for long hours at a time (3-5 hours straight).

When the hardlocks happened before, it was usually when I would logout. It was like the game could not cleanly quit. Instead, it would lock and in most cases, I would have to reset the console. In a few rare cases, I could use the "quit game" from the PS3 menu to get out.

At the time I was experiencing this, I saw other forum posts about the same thing. Given the number of bugs, I figured Trion was aware and had it on their list. Therefore, I did not submit a formal ticket. However, I believe that I did respond to a forum post about this.

dalendria
08-25-2013, 04:41 PM
There is a post above mine that was taken from this thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?127108-PS3-Hard-Lock-Problem)

Under the originally reposted item (above) from that same thread was this:

So I started looking into it and, indeed, I'm finding that more than just this online game is reporting the freeze issue.
So far, I found reports about:
DC Universe Online
MAG
Call of Duty
Disney Infinity

I'm sure there's more but that was enough for me to want to report to this forum.

I have not played any of those games. However, I have played the online features of the following and never experienced hardlocks:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
Assassin's Creed 3 (Ubisoft)
Mass Effect 3 (Bioware)

Cerne
08-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Hey all,

Well, to make a VERY long story short: I (and just about every gamer I have chatted with in game) have been experiencing hard-locks (HL's) ever since the BETA. Not just 1 or 2. Or 3-5. We are talking above 50. I get at least one almost EVERY time I play Defiance.

These are the ones that you have to hold down the power button for 20 seconds to reset the PS3.

Below is a compact version of the conversation I have been having with Trion. I know it is a long read and I'm sorry for that, but if you are dealing with HL's then it is worth reading to see what Trion thinks is going on, or rather, NOT going on.

They suggested a few options and I have jumped through all the hoops that they gave to fix the issue and it is a 'no go'.

Continuing on ...

Reply ...

So there you have it. If you are dealing with this as I have and many are, PLEASE, take the time to say so here and also, WRITE A TICKET (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/ask) that goes to the devs so it IS on record.

By doing this, you help me, your other Defiance friends and the rest of the community.

I have been getting hard freezes since Beta it was never fixed there are 100's of posts if not 1000's in regards to it and several 100 tickets im sure so dont get where they say they havent got reports of it

ziggi
08-26-2013, 03:21 PM
I have been logging bug reports like there is no tomorrow. Support told me that the patch solved , correction resolved all the timeout issues. LOL. My ps3 never froze until I bought Defiance now its very often. I have to agree with your post because I thought the same way about the reports , as in this issue is huge they have to fix this so I will wait but no fix. Support told me today that there has been a reduction in server timeouts so this issue is resolved as far as they are concerned.
I wonder if everyone asked for a refund if that would get someones attention that cares. Doubt it LOL. Everyone I talk to has the same issues. I repeat EVERYONE. Over the last 2 months when I can play I have done my own survey and it is 98% of the people I asked said they were having the freezes and server timeouts, there is no way Trion is not aware of this issue. They have been paid when we got the game and dont give a crap now.

js12
08-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Well, I submitted a message to support a few days ago. This is what they told me:

Thanks for the report regarding the freezing you are experiencing. Unfortunately, the customer support team is unable to make changes to our software, and currently I am not finding this issue to be an announced bug. However, we would be more than happy to trouble shoot the issue to see if we can narrow down the cause. If you would like the software investigated, our development team will be in need of information from players, so that they may replicate this issue. The best way to do this is for you and your friends to submit a bug report, to explain the issue and how it happened in your own words.

To report a bug in-game:

1. Press 'Start'
2. Press and hold (L2 for PS3; LT for Xbox)
3. Use your joystick to select 'Settings'
4. Select 'Submit Feedback'
5. Select a Category (Comment, Bug, Other) and enter text explaining the bug you currently have or feedback you have about Defiance.

Seems like not enough players are reporting this issue. We need to get the word out for people to report this IN THE GAME, and RIGHT AFTER they hard freeze.

But yes, I am getting very frustrated with the freezing. I just had another one today. This is the first time I hard froze on two consecutive days.

evilfkr
08-26-2013, 11:18 PM
I have had hard freezes since the first day playing defiance back in april and i never reported it because i thought it was my ps3 .after reading the forum i found it wasost likely not me but the game.i didnt report it then because after submitting many tickets and getting the same bs that they are aware etc,i knew it made no sence to bother any issues.im getting very.tired of all the damn problems with this game and am about to throw out the disc before it kills my ps3.btw this is the first and last trion game i will ever buy.

Andos8
08-27-2013, 12:02 AM
I used to get hard locks often, but since the dlc i cant stay on the servers long enough before i get a server timeout dc, which is driving me slowly from the game, cannot do pretty much any major arkfall anymore, and ive tried playing on two separate ps3s, both do the same problems, hard freeze occasionally and disconnects always

hey u
08-27-2013, 03:06 PM
In the last 48 hours my friend and I have had like 5 or 7 freezes to disconnects. This is really starting to get old now.

ziggi
08-27-2013, 03:55 PM
I was told Monday from a GM at support that the RARE timeout issue is resolved with the last download. LOL. I am timing out so often now I'm just gonna bash trion until they fix the game. Can't play. Everybody I talk to in game (when I'm not at an ark or a siege otherwise getting timeout) up to last week said the same thing about the timeouts were 2 out 3 large events not being able to finish. May play again when someone shares its fixed. Really sour at this time.

ziggi
08-27-2013, 04:02 PM
This seems amazing to me that no one is reporting anything. I report at least 5 times a day and that is just part of what should be reported. Trion support sent me almost word for word response on my timeout/freeze issue and then told me it was resolved. Really not sure what Trions definition of resolved is>>LOL I'm not playing now to avoid my head exploding..

Cerne
08-28-2013, 08:47 AM
the only other game i used to get hard freezes from was Dust 514 they were not pretty as you can see from this picture i have experienced this with Defiance as well however did not take a picture like below i simply stopped playing for months hoping they would fix it

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/g_Cerne/091712_160101_zps1b3c2863.jpg

zombiekitty
08-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Been there, done that, got the tshirt. Mine locks up at least once per play session; completely.

MustangP51
08-28-2013, 11:13 PM
I had never had a hard freeze or lockup until yesterday and I had 4 within an hour. Today they all happened after I brought up the map everything zoomed out to like 1 tenth the normal map and system froze . Ever since dlc I get booted more and after yesterday's maint it just magnified the problems

hey u
08-29-2013, 12:18 AM
Today I have had like 3-4 system freezes and 7-9 critical the defiance service is not available. Please try again later. I then try to log back in only to get the same message now. Then after say 2-5 times I try to log back in it will suddenly work just like it will suddenly boot me really sucks

hey u
08-29-2013, 12:24 AM
I try 3 more times I get back in for 25 seconds and boots me and now I can't play the game ha wow lols Trion REALLY!!!?

hey u
08-29-2013, 08:48 AM
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/861722/82948558.gif

Man last night was so bad I just hope I can play and not have to keep such a eye on the forums

hey u
08-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Just try and do ark fall and got a boot. Next I try to do a side mission and near the end I got a boot. Getting really old.

KylieDog
08-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Also had this problem, numerous times. COnsole goes into hard freeze, even other games when it rarely happens only require hold power button for 4 seconds, Defiance even that do not work. Defiance seems to happen daily almost, proably caused more hard freezes than every other game in the last 3 years been playing.

Do not think it is healthy for my PS3.

dramaQkarri
08-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Since the DLC I've had more hard freezes than ever! Twice now I've had hard freeze when trying to START the game. Things are not getting better at ALL, in fact so much worse. And Defiance is the ONLY GAME that gives me hard freezes. Of course, this is not the only cronic bug that never gets fixed.

dee man
08-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Wow, 9 pages of hard lock experiences and still no official response from Trion regarding this major problem. A simple response like......."hey we know there is this major, system crashing, freezing, hard locking problem and we're working on it"...... would be very nice. Instead, it seems as if they have stuck their heads in the dirt and are hoping this problem fixes itself. Or, for us to accept that this problem is just going to be a part of the "Defiance Experience".

AuT pBo Viva
08-30-2013, 04:22 AM
Never had a hard freeze until DLC... during dark matter arcfalls my system crashed about 5 to 6 times and about 4 to 5 times while trying to open the map... everything else seems to be stable...

dramaQkarri
08-30-2013, 09:54 AM
FOUR hard freezes last night in about 6 hours of play. If you can call that play since it's not so much fun anymore.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Used to hard freeze few times a day. Now that I only play hour or two few days a week I get them maybe 3-4 per week. Get a lot of timed out disconnects still

BarrySciFi
09-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Yep, I got a hard freeze or two every week. It started recently. Never had a hard freeze before and at first I didn't know wtf it was. Defiance is the only game I've ever had do this.

nathanpbutler
09-02-2013, 07:10 PM
I tend to have one of these every couple of weeks, usually any time that I have a chance to play for quite a while, get disconnected a few times and reconnect without restarting the PS3, and then play again for a bit. In those circumstances, it tends to happen when I am attempting to actually quit the game using the XMB. So, even some of us who aren't getting hard freezes regularly are still getting them periodically.

Treasurekins
09-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Hard freezes every day as well as the other 25-30 clan members that I regularly play with.

Grizraz
09-04-2013, 11:15 PM
My buddy and I average at least two hard freezes per night. Thats on a good night... I've had this happen occasionally since launch, but at the very least twice per night since the DLC. This does not include the time out errors during game play. At least 5 times per night with that one. Add it all up, I spend more time system starting and game loading than actually playing...

Wonder
09-05-2013, 01:35 AM
Every time I get on the forums I post on a hard freeze topic and I don't really come here that often. Hard freezes used happen to me all the time for random reasons (too much action, fast travel, played too long, just because, etc.) And if the servers don't lock me out after 20 minutes it happens maybe once every 7 times I play.

Typical Trion BS - they do everytime but fix the problem. If they put as much effort into fixing the game as they do jerking us around, Defiance might actually be playable (and maybe most of the player wouldn't have left).

xXDEATHMOBXx
09-05-2013, 05:01 AM
3 hard locks last night alone and the last 2 froze up myself and 4 of my freinds at the same time! I got this on Xbox at release and then sold it 3 weeks later due to the fact I beat everything and had nothing left to do but play PvP and finish leveling. I bought this digital copy for my PS3 some 3 or 4 months later thinking, " There is no way they couldn't have fixed the horrid lag and serious lack of content in that amount of time." Well, I guess I should have known by the $9.99 price that I was expecting too much. I see no further reason to play let alone give you anymore of my money if in the end it is going to destroy my console.

hey u
09-06-2013, 12:27 PM
1 server log me out and now 1 hard freeze just for today and still there is tonight

2nd hard freeze

hey u
09-06-2013, 01:35 PM
new game is it stuck on loading screen or system freeze or lost connection game now we are playing I am up to 1 server are down and 3 system locks today.

My friend is up to 2 system locks and 2 trion server down and while in a ark fall this is getting old we keep saying

1 more log out during a dark matter ark fall again luckily I did not have to hold down Ps3 button for 45 seconds or till the first beep just a log out and log back in with a 2 minute load screen back into the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rY0WxgSXdEE#t=214

Wow I hop back in go to a Ark fall meet up with my friend and after a minute it logs me off server disconnect again wows

Butters360
09-08-2013, 09:50 AM
+1

I've had several hard freezes, constant boots from arkfalls etc now I cant download the patch. I can only remember one hard freeze from any other game.

hey u
09-08-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm average between now 5-15 critical server not available and 3-8 or so system freezes where I have to get up and hold down my Ps3 button till the first beep. This is getting pathetic

alleycat22469
09-09-2013, 11:47 AM
I play about 8hrs a day and get at least 2 hard freezes.The only way to turn off system is pull the plug.everyone I've spoken to in game has the same issue.

Brianflipside
09-09-2013, 12:00 PM
I had an original Fat PS3. I had no issues with it, then I started playing Defiance. After 22 hard freezes I got the YLOD on restart. I didnt think anything of it as the PS3 was old.

I went out and bought a brand new white 500gb PS3. In the last month I have hard frozen at least 15 times. its gotten to the point that I do not even do arkfalls or sieges for fear of hard locking.

I restart at least once an hour to try and prevent this situation, and to prevent lag and communication failure.

I hope they fix this soon, as the game does not have much going for it at this point.

Poor customer service, lack of chat stability and server connection. Lack of game content, and horrible DLC.
I want to like this game, but its dying fast.

Vicious VP
09-09-2013, 12:01 PM
It is odd that this thread has more views or posts in it than ANY other post in this section yet not a peep from Trion addressing the issue.

hey u
09-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Official thread about ongoing lag issues (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?130289-Official-thread-about-ongoing-lag-issues) No idea but I think they may look at this thread more

Logan_Dragonus
09-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Official thread about ongoing lag issues (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?130289-Official-thread-about-ongoing-lag-issues) No idea but I think they may look at this thread more

The issue this thread talks about has nothing to do with lag, though. It is when the system completely locks up. I just had it happen with my PS3. I was playing the Motherlode co-op map, and my PS3 locked up. I had to force the system to shut down manually.

anthonybull
09-12-2013, 12:51 AM
You guys, all moan and groan about problems on the game, I think trion has done a good job, you should come to Africa then you will know what the word wait and wait means and you better not hold your breath because that will kill you

azzwozere
09-12-2013, 12:45 PM
in the past week i've had about 5-7 hard-locks... and this is the ONLY game it does it on. i put many hours into my PS3, not once has a game other than Defiance caused a hard-lock.

EDIT: just submitted my question:
i have many games and have played for hours over 1.5 years, so please can you explain to me why defiance is the ONLY game on my PS3 that locks it up?

doubt it'll do anything though, seems like they dont even care.

azzwozere
09-12-2013, 02:22 PM
okay they got back to me with this:

Hello Ark Hunter,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashing issues while playing Defiance. Please try disabling your Media Server connection and redownloading the Defiance files. You can do so by following the steps below:

1. Press the PSN button in the center of your controller to access the main PSN menu.
2. On the PSN main menu, go to ‘Settings.’
3. Scroll down to the bottom and select “Network Settings” (select by pressing X).
4. Select ‘Media Server Connection’ and press the X button.
5. Select ‘Disable’ and press the X button.

Next, I’d like you to delete the Game Data Utility information for Defiance:

To remove a game data file from the PlayStation 3:

1. In the PSN main menu, go to Game.
2. Scroll down to Game Data Utility.
Important: Make sure you select Game Data Utility. Do NOT select Saved Data Utility.
3. Highlight the game data utility file for Defiance.
4. Press the Triangle button and select Delete.
5. Highlight ‘Yes’ and press the Triangle button to confirm the deletion.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is ****************.

Sincerely,

Senior GM Regnall
Trion Worlds Inc.

i claim BS, how in the heck will this fix it? i'll try it when im out monday due to needing to download everything AGAIN (about the third BEEBING time now) but i doubt it'll do it.

i'll get back you guys when i've done it.

maverick07
09-12-2013, 03:53 PM
okay they got back to me with this:

Hello Ark Hunter,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashing issues while playing Defiance. Please try disabling your Media Server connection and redownloading the Defiance files. You can do so by following the steps below:

1. Press the PSN button in the center of your controller to access the main PSN menu.
3. Scroll down to the bottom and select “Network Settings” (select by pressing X).

Next, I’d like you to delete the Game Data Utility information for Defiance:

To remove a game data file from the PlayStation 3:

1. In the PSN main menu, go to Game.
2. Scroll down to Game Data Utility.
Important: Make sure you select Game Data Utility. Do NOT select Saved Data Utility.
3. Highlight the game data utility file for Defiance.
4. Press the Triangle button and select Delete.
5. Highlight ‘Yes’ and press the Triangle button to confirm the deletion.

Your reference number for this ticket is ****************.

Sincerely,

Senior GM Regnall
Trion Worlds Inc.

i claim BS, how in the heck will this fix it? i'll try it when im out monday due to needing to download everything AGAIN (about the third BEEBING time now) but i doubt it'll do it.

i'll get back you guys when i've done it.

Have a feeling you are wasting your time unfortunately. At this point I'm not sure that Trion can even fix it really.

Of course what do you expect them to say. "Sorry, we just couldn't code the game right so it wouldn't hard freeze, but please keep playing our game anyway?"

I just hope that the next generation of Consoles can run MMOs like this much smoother. I heard DCUO also had the hard freezes like Defiance has but I never played it myself.

ninte1
09-12-2013, 06:16 PM
I have experience the lockups, freezing, crashes etc. EVERYDAY and I play the game EVERYDAY, these issues have been a EVERYDAY occurance ever since this game was launched, and TRION can fool theirselves about these issues by denying them but the end result will be that people will eventual get fed up and stop playing defiance, which is sad because defiance is a game that attracts a lot of people, like a community but lately most of the people I was playing with don't play anymore, some even ask me why do I waste my time playing defiance? I tell them I would like to hope TRION will fix all the problems because it is a game I enjoy playing when it doesn't crash. TRION IS FULLY AWARE OF THESE PROBLEMS, I believe TRION just doesn't know how to fix it, and that is VERY UNFORTUNATE and DISAPPOINTING for such a good game. I will try to hang in a little longer, but my patience is wearing thin, OH by the way I do tickets all the time, with not much results, like the INFINITE LOOP ISSUE TRION couldn't figure out and GAME STOP DID!!!

joe1011phosphate
09-18-2013, 06:12 AM
I do, and so does everyone else. Multiple times a day, everyday.

NightWolf03
09-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Im on xbox... I get about 3-4 hard locks a day sometimes more and i have to pull the power cord out almost everytime. I diddnt know it could mess up my system. I just hope it doesnt get any worse then it already is.

hey u
09-18-2013, 10:50 AM
There are some things you can try and do. Back when I up on 360 I installed Defiance onto my system then I played the game and back then that made my 360 run somewhat smoother.

I now on Sony and I had to call Sony live support for help and they had me delete the game folder and turn off system. Hold down button for 3 beeps it still off. Hold again for 4 beeps let go now turn on and reinstall the game onto my system and back when I did this on my ps3 was back when I crashing like 7-15 times a day and hard freezes and ahh icky it was.

There are some things you can TRY to do and MAY help you out some

hey u
09-18-2013, 10:53 AM
like I about to call Sony in my like 5 phone calls with them they never told me or had me do this

I now going to try this as well

Maixx
09-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Ok, I've been playing since prelaunch beta, and these days the server stability is the worst I've seen it since launch week, even with the dramatically reducd population.

2 events, that's it, if I try anymore without resetting (all the way back to the Psn menu) the game will crash, and suffers from hard lag issues.

Nothing like fighting through an event only to dc in the middle, I can log-in in time to get back into the event, but wait.... It's now in a different phase, and I don't have enough friends still playing defiance to phase jump to find and complete the event.

I'm so frustrated, I'm about done.

Phase jumping: using "go to friend" to join the phase they're in.
Event = Co-ops, pvp, shadow war, major arkfalls, and siege.

I'll give them credit for fixing a ton of bugs some good adjustments, and some new content, but its all moot if you can't stay in game long enough to play it.

hey u
09-20-2013, 05:26 PM
I get say 3-4 das boots in 4-8 hour gameplay so I would say things are somewhat getting better. I not had system freeze wow only 2 days ago dang I play this game too much ha seems longer

dennis
09-21-2013, 05:49 AM
Here is another report for you. Hard freezes almost every time I play. I'll report back tomorrow.

Maixx
09-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Last night: log in, mod vendor jump for a few, then a dark matter major.
About 1/2 way through the boss fight, the f'n lag set in, finished the fight, then quit the game.

Enjoyed some lag free BL2 while Defiance completely reinstalled, Media server has been disabled, I'll see tonight if this did anything at all.

Falandarin
09-23-2013, 05:18 AM
Disconnects and crashes have gotten worse since DLC release.

I can pretty much count on getting disconnected after 20 minutes or so of play if I do an Arkfall and am lucky enough to get through it I will disconnect on the next one every time.

I can get disconnected just driving from Chug n Bug to Iron Demon.

If I fast travel and try to do anything after that (like an Arkfall) I will get disconnected.

Most hard freezes happen during and Arkfall.

I've done the suggested "fixes" and it has not made a single bit of difference.

I even bought the DLC to see if that would help thinking that there were some programming issues between the "Haves" and the "Have Nots". Nope. (This is the last dollar I spend on this game until its fixed)

I have a 90mbs internet connection so my ISP (I've talked to them on the phone as well to trouble shoot the issue) isn't the issue.

I really would love to see this fixed. I finally got my brother to check the game out and he quit after 2 weeks of disconnects. Luckily he only spent $10 or he'd never speak to me again.

Maixx
09-23-2013, 06:24 PM
This is the open ticket response. Check your connection.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you have encountered connection issues while trying to play Defiance. At this time, we have provided a few steps below, that might help in clearing up any connection issues that you might be having.

Lets start by testing your network connection with the following steps: 1. Start at the PS3 XMB. 2. Scroll to Settings. 3. Choose Network Settings. 4. Select Internet Connection Test.

If this test shows your connection as NAT type 3, then you will most likely have some sort of interference within your connection to the online servers.

• If the NAT type is NAT1, you are directly connect to Internet (which means there is no firewall present) and should not have any trouble connecting online.
• If the NAT type is NAT2, your router or firewall is probably correctly configured, more on this below.
• If the NAT type is NAT3, your router or firewall is incorrectly configured for use with the PS3, and you will need to contact your ISP or router/firewall manufacturer for additional assistance.

If your NAT type is NAT2 or NAT3, we have provided some general information and links to get you started, but it's still a good idea to contact your ISP or router/firewall manufacturer for additional assistance if you are experiencing problems with network connectivity.

The standard ports necessary to access the Playstation Network properly, additional listed in link provided below.

PlayStation Network Required Ports UDP: 3658 UDP: 3478-3479 TCP: 80, 443, 5223

For additional PS3 Wireless Network Troubleshooting please check out these steps:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/280/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzYwNzEwODg3L3NpZC9oMVBXZElpb A%3D%3D

If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know! Thanks for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance. Your reference number for this question is 130921-000509

Sincerely,

Falandarin
09-25-2013, 07:16 AM
I've done all of that and tested it with my ISP. My PS3 shows a 58Mbs connection through my router. Albeit slower than the 90Mbs+ at my computer it still should be more than enough to accommodate the game. Sorry but its not on my end. The numerous posts about disconnects should make that apparent to Trion.
I actually stayed connected for over an hour yesterday. I was sniping for the 5k kills for about an hour then decided to do an Arkfall then BOOM... disconnected. I really hate losing the keys, scrip, resources and experience by being disconnected. I restart the game each time and restart the PS3 every other time I get disconnected. No issues with any other game or streaming video.

hey u
09-25-2013, 08:48 AM
I've done all of that and tested it with my ISP. My PS3 shows a 58Mbs connection through my router. Albeit slower than the 90Mbs+ at my computer it still should be more than enough to accommodate the game. Sorry but its not on my end. The numerous posts about disconnects should make that apparent to Trion.
I actually stayed connected for over an hour yesterday. I was sniping for the 5k kills for about an hour then decided to do an Arkfall then BOOM... disconnected. I really hate losing the keys, scrip, resources and experience by being disconnected. I restart the game each time and restart the PS3 every other time I get disconnected. No issues with any other game or streaming video.

Hey bro did you go and do the list of things to see if it on your end. All the suggested turn off setting and stuff to do. I did that few days back and I running smoother.

jr_smurf_dog
09-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Im always getting disconnected now...

Falandarin
09-26-2013, 06:29 AM
Hey bro did you go and do the list of things to see if it on your end. All the suggested turn off setting and stuff to do. I did that few days back and I running smoother.

If you actually read my post then you would know that I did. But hey, you did get another post in to the bugs forum. :)

hey u
09-29-2013, 11:33 AM
internet speed has nothing to do with it. There list of things to do

I call sony customer service they had me delete game and do some other steps and reinstall the game I did these and I think Trion is working on it because things are looking TONS better on my end "mmm I'm lovin it"

Kaiselius
09-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Whenever I quite the game there is chance it'll cause my PS3 to hard freeze. Which I have to do often do to the connection issues that happen after I do an arkfall/pvp/co-op match or three. Yes I double checked all my settings, no it's not an issue with my end. No other game does this, nor do the connect issues happen with any other devices I have connected to my network. It's just Defiance.

mattr
09-30-2013, 12:21 PM
I flat out will not believe it's on most of the customer's end. I've never had an issue with any other PS3/Xbox/PC game from my home network. I've never had a hardlock with ANY other game on my PS3.

It boils down to poor programming on Trion's side. Anyone who tries to convince me otherwise is wasting their breath.

hey u
09-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Well I remember a post saying they had people looking into it. There are some setting to make sure are off on you PS3 that may help along with some other things that may help. Make sure to try them because things are working soooooooo much better on my end I sometimes tear up now it so smooth. 5+hour sit down and no Das Boot. Only time I log is when I want and yes thank god it's about time I say not 10-20 boots and 7-13 system locks anymore

Vicious VP
10-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Still hardlocking. I also had 5 dis-cons in 3 hours last night. And almost all of them were right at the end of sieges and ark falls. It seems that TRION really does not want to give out those rewards so <boot> to you!

Maixx
10-04-2013, 06:00 PM
As they close my ticket this is the final message from CS about the disconnect issue, and with their reply, I do not expect this issue to be fixed.

Hello ****,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having connection issues with Defiance. At this point, unfortunately we do not have any more troubleshooting steps for you to try, and this is not an issue that we can immediately fix on our side. While some players are having connection issues, other players are not, and unfortunately at the moment we have no evidence to support that this is an issue on our side. I would suggest contacting your Internet Service Provider if you have not already, or contacting Playstation to see if they have any connection troubleshooting that you could try. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but unfortunately at this time we do not have any other console or network troubleshooting for you.

Your reference number for this ticket is 130921-******.

Sincerely,

GM Ortox Trion Worlds Inc.
Note: I edited my name and reference # for privacy reasons.

hey u
10-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Trion servers are now running the best I seen in month+ time

BigSlim
10-05-2013, 09:49 AM
ok well I get the same hard freeze also I play everyday I get it every other day an lately every thing an enemies are invisible or there is a sort of transparence to the ground which makes things appear upside down I just log out an back in but it's a hassel especially if I die because of it

Falandarin
10-06-2013, 09:12 AM
They will probably just let the PS3 client die. They don't know how to fix the problem but won't admit it. Too much money to refund.

Vicious VP
11-16-2013, 03:10 PM
And they continue ... HL on game quit. Will the wonders ever cease?

Punkduck2064
11-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Man, how have I not seen this thread until now.

During my 29 hour Extra Life play-through I experienced a server disconnect at least once every hour, and a hard lock every 2 - 3 hours.

And if they need proof, just watch the recording on my twitch channel. I will start submitting reports every time from now on.

Bladewolf
11-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Same here,hard locks and sound going out.Not playing anymore and most definitely NOT putting any money into the game till patched correctly.

Jolene
11-17-2013, 07:08 AM
Same here,hard locks and sound going out.Not playing anymore and most definitely NOT putting any money into the game till patched correctly.

What he said. Eight months and still no fix.

Bladewolf
11-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Wow!new patch for ps3 1.108 and STILL no fix to the sound going out and hard locks to the PS3.Guess there just like Ubisoft never fixing the real issues.:mad:
What he said. Eight months and still no fix.

TASHINKA
11-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Hey all,

Continuing on ...

Reply ...

- PS3 Name: Dig -Gen - Defiance Character: Devhan ThaneI also experience hard freezes about every other time I play; will submit ticket

Maixx
11-23-2013, 01:55 AM
WHAT IS THE POINT OF AN ARKFALL DLC IF THE LAG PREVENTS PEOPLE FROM DOING F'N ARKFALLS
Trion everything you do is moot and worthless until you fix the Damn lag, disconnects, and hard freezes.
All these patches and fixes (lol) are pointless if people can't stay in the Damn game.

hey u
11-23-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm new to the terminology of memory leak but I remember when I was going through 3-5 system locks, 7-15 server disconnects and 1 out of 25 Arkfalls I could finish and not get booted from.

Well I looked up all I could and I see people talking about clearing the game data and reinstalling it. I said this on some other posts but after I did the clear data crap and reinstall it and still I was getting booted well I called Sony customer service and they advised me on a step that I have no idea what it did or the purpose but on my end but I can play the game soooooooooooooooo much more smoother now. Server lockups happen now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a system lock and it has been lot smoother. Also I can play Arkfalls now since I did that with no Das Boot from the game.

Call Sony for help if you do try this I may have a step wrong here but it was like this

1.Delete game info on system and I think it was turn of system I not sure ask ps3 customer service if you do try this!!!!!!!!!!

2. Cant recall if ps3 was on or off I think it was off but hold down button for 2 beeps let go.

3.Hold down button for 2 beeps then there will be following 2 fast beep beep let go of button

4.Turn on system and that like reboots the PS3 or something.

5.Set you time zone and the part the sucks now is reinstall the game and patch part

6.After I did this on my system it has gotten 80 percent better on my end with Defiance

Punkduck2064
11-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Trion told me to delete my local game data and reinstall, but after doing so I still got a hard lock on my first session after the latest patch.

I'll have to loo up the steps that hey u posted and see what they do, maybe it will help

hey u
11-24-2013, 08:19 PM
No idea WTF it was or the beep thing Sony had me do. I was on the phone with Sony customer service and worked well for me. System locks are so rare now on my end. Now it like 2-3 log outs while playing 3-6 hours but sooooooooooooooooooooo much better on my end man.

I was scared to do arkfalls due to disconnects but not no more I can play the game now so great and I really hope it helps you because it helped me tons

And so people know I am still newb to Sony. I had been with Microsoft since Xbox and 360 but just recently made the switch to PS3 but like I said I was on the phone with Sony customer service and they had me do that and tons better on my end now.

Stockard
11-30-2013, 02:00 PM
ps3 freeze 1 or 2 times on every play, and sound bugs(silence) every day. server disconnects. day by day. and i have only the trouble by defiance

Heartlight
12-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Mm hmm, I tried my best up there on this thread to find some work-arounds but they still didn't work. Other threads are still saying that Trion help is still ignoring the problem. What one of you techies needs to do is record the constant and varied disconnects, highlight the head-up-the-*** responses from Trion, put it all to music then post it on YouTube. Link to the forums and facebook and etc. and have it go viral, finally getting the notice of Gameinformer and other reviewers so finally Trion will take notice.

I don't have the technology or I'd do it.

Falandarin
12-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Checking back after being away for a month I see its not only the same old crap but its gotten worse. I'll check again in January.

Chuck Nash
12-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Hardlocks on my ps3 also. This game is the only one that locks up to where I have to unplug it. Turned my graphic smoothing off, still get lockups. I have the slim 500gb model ps3.

Happens a lot during the final fight of an arcfall.

Gemini Rapture
12-10-2013, 07:00 PM
i get them just before/after most reward screens from arkfalls and sieges, and when trying to change from one character to another on my account.

Angeleus09
12-11-2013, 07:51 AM
They usually happen for me when I'm at an Arkfall or siege and I'm trying to bring up the menu to switch between loadouts. I got one just now while standing in Top Notch going through the Intel.

marcony
12-11-2013, 05:15 PM
All the time on 3 different ps3. Sometimes several times a day both on cat5 and wireless.

Gemini Rapture
12-11-2013, 07:12 PM
i get them just before/after most reward screens from arkfalls and sieges, and when trying to change from one character to another on my account.

I just want to add my PS3 was bought in august and is updated daily as a Playstation Plus member, If these hard lock ups continue I will end up having to find another game. I don't want to lose my system for just one game, I have plenty to play and catch up on.

Brianflipside
12-11-2013, 08:30 PM
they are happening more since new dlc.

Gemini Rapture
12-12-2013, 10:33 PM
i was at mutant district volge siege 1030pm mountain time on 12/12/2013 north america server. i'm also still ridiculously timing out when trying to enter the warmaster arena. seems i'm spending more time in loading screens than actually getting to play anymore.

Duffstuff
12-13-2013, 06:22 PM
constant dc's, and freezes. up about 40% since the dlc2 get kicked trying to enter every major arkbreak so lame.
its not trions fault its our systems right BS no other game does this to my system.

Danke
12-16-2013, 05:08 PM
I have hardlocks, they happen at least once a day. I can one-up you ALL! I have a lot of carpet in my house and apparently a very low humidity which seems to cause a lot of static buildup. On my way hold the power button down for another reset ( assuming it will reset and wont have to be striped of its power to shut down) I built up a nice static charge and when i touched the power button ZAP! I broke it, now my power button does not function at all, which means now I can only fix a hard freeze by turning off the power. I can also only turn it on or off with the controller. Which is fine thats the only way I turn it off anyways.

So lets recap, I only pressed the power button because Defiance was hard locked.
So although my static charge was not Trions fault, they still broke my ps3, and now that i have no power option to soft reset, its only a matter of time till the harddrive will fail due to being shut down improperly repeatedly, of course only if i play defiance. Trion will break my ps3 eventually, they will take no responsibility and I wont seek any damages.

The only winner in the situation will be Sony when i upgrade from a broken ps3 to a new ps4 that isnt backward compatible with defiance. So thats that!

Kazor
12-22-2013, 08:15 PM
My hard lock count hasnt gotten to high until Arkbreaker dropped. Now it happens at least every third disco, and I get disco'd alot. I just wrote a huge message in area and zone chat calling for all players high EGO and low, new and old, to start flooding these forums, the in game bug system, and even the chats with complaints and events to the point where TRION just says "enough" and rewrites the coding and REALLY increase stability and capacity AND lag avoidance. And anybody else who reads this post should make the same call on game chat. I believe we have no choice but to go all out.... professionally and maturely of course

Kazor
12-22-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm going to bug them until they see the name Vykan Kazor in their sleep, s**t, and shower.

Heartlight
12-24-2013, 08:40 PM
The only winner in the situation will be Sony when i upgrade from a broken ps3 to a new ps4 that isnt backward compatible with defiance. So thats that!

This is bitterly funny, unfortunately.

I'm getting the hard locks again. When the dlc first came out (I didn't purchase it... won't until they fix the disconnects and hard lock problems) contrary to most of the population, I was experiencing less disconnects. However, I was also in an empty world. When people started coming back to defiance, or stopped going to the arkbreaks after two days, the world became populated again and I started experiencing more hard locks than disconnects.

Scares me, getting all these hard locks. Guess it's time to put the game away for another couple months :(

hey u
12-24-2013, 11:17 PM
I said this on another post but I would suggest calling Sony and getting your PS3 insured incase Defiance breaks your system as I did. I was able to get I think it way $50 for 3 year protection plan and I have no worries now.:cool:

There are cheaper 2 and 1 year plans but I picked the 3 year plan for $50.

adrokier
12-27-2013, 11:03 AM
I have freezes and all other bugs that are known

Maixx
12-29-2013, 05:01 AM
These F'n dcs and locks are getting really F'n old!
Fix this bs!

Danke
01-05-2014, 04:25 AM
2 hard freezes tonight, both in the war master, both on winning matches, the second one though happened right as he died before the reward screen popped up, so even though I didnt get to see it, I still received my rewards when I logged back in, wasn't 100% sure what I got but it wasnt an OJ so seemed like maybe a purple splitshot was the reward at least i got the 5 keys.

Danke
01-05-2014, 04:31 AM
Love the GM support we get. Post 165 times and dont get a single response. we already knew this though from the OP saying trion didnt know we had a problem, do they still not know or are we just invisible.

ps what are the chances of getting the cost of a new ps3 in the form of free bits for compensation? LOL

scott5575
01-06-2014, 10:27 AM
I have the same problem on Xbox 360 - happens on average, twice every single time I play.

PwcrLinux
01-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Yep yesterday it's hard locked.. I restart PS3 by press power to hold down till the system maintenance came up,, I choose "Restore", the system can do defragging hard drive and restoring from the PSN cloud server.. the Defiance does have a own Trion cloud server. After your system restored, you can log into the defiance it's automatically restored your own game settings including the characters.

jkeppley32763
01-07-2014, 12:48 AM
I downloaded digital copy never have had a freeze or hard lock, maybe this info will be helpful I don't use the disc still get disconnects though

Falandarin
01-07-2014, 09:37 AM
They haven't fixed the disconnect and crashing problems that have been on the PS3 client since day one and they cheerfully announce DLC 3. If you bought the game then you are SOL. This will never be fixed IMO. What a waste of $70.

butane
01-10-2014, 07:13 AM
I have also had some hard locks and a lot of timeouts countless timeouts I cant believe they said they cant find anything on there database to tell theme they have hard lock issues lol . this is like hammer point with the war z all over again lol. if anyone of you know what im talking about

harleyrider
01-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Yes I keep getting every time I play and I mean a lot along with getting timed out its very frustrating .

Heels
01-14-2014, 05:18 AM
OMG You need more feedback about the hard freezes and constantly getting kicked,it is not my system it is DEFIANCE SERVERS!!!! We have 4 PlayStations in the house and all of us get kicked all the time (ONLY FROM DEFIANCE) which is such bullcrap we love the game but I am getting feed up with it!!! Please take responsibility and fix the issue, I spend lots of money on this game as do alot of my friends and we are all talking about another game we can all play together without all this crap of getting kicked every 5 mins!

Trionna
01-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Out of five PS 3 consoles..all our gaming family members have hard lock ups. We have complained numerous times and were told to re-download the game, check pS3 settings and so on to no avail. We love the game but are really looking forward to Destiny. Maybe they will have their act together so it doesn't crash our PS3s!

hey u
01-17-2014, 07:57 PM
Since the latest patch I seem to lock up while aiming and shooting and my PS3 locks and I must hold down the button till first beep then restart.

mr8liner
01-17-2014, 08:48 PM
Hey all,

Continuing on ...

Reply ...

Hell, they ar emore then aware about this issue. I have been writing to them about this since i started playing the game in august. Everytime they got back to me ( a week after ticket was submitted) they tell me the same thing they told you. I was even starting to send in a ticket everytime that i either hard froze, soft froze or timed out. But , again like you said that would be all that you do, submit tickets
The hole time that Trion/Defiance was on christmas break I had 0 THAT'S RIGHT ZERO hard freezes . the day after the new patch i hard froze 2 times in 30 minute. I am at the point to where i don't even want to play. If I do play 1 hard freeze or 2 time outs and i'm done for at least 2 hours if not the rest of the day

Bladewolf
01-18-2014, 08:42 AM
Well that's it then,waited loooong enough on this company to fix this game.Really wanted to like it too but hard locked 1 to many times and had to send in PS3 for repairs so this game is gone,traded in,good riddance trion.

hey u
01-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Well that's it then,waited loooong enough on this company to fix this game.Really wanted to like it too but hard locked 1 to many times and had to send in PS3 for repairs so this game is gone,traded in,good riddance trion.

Defiance made me call up Sony and buy a 3 year protection plan for my PS3 just in case.

FrankyY2k9
01-21-2014, 08:30 PM
I myself have had Hard Freezes to the point where holding my finger on the off button fails and I have to press the Off Switch on the back of the PS3. I have normal Hard Freezes nearly everytime I play Defiance. Other than that I get Critical Error Message, Critical Timeout messages. Everytime a new Ticket is submitted and a long chat to how this is my fault etc etc...

One of their suggestions which helped ever so slightly (To the point where I forces the Hard Freeze to glitch through it and then giving me a Critical Error Message) was that ..

When the PS3 Red light on (To indicate your PS3 is switched off)
Hold Power button till it gives a double beep, Then release finger of button
A menu will appear (Requires you to plug your PS3 controller into the USB to operate)
Scroll Down to where it says Restore File System and select that
Wait till that reaches 100% and follow on-screen instructions then restart system and load up Defiance.

Another of their solutions (Please don't try this as it completely wastes your time. I should know as i've done this about 25 times and get the same crap result)
Goto the Game data file of Defiance and delete and redownload the patches.

^^^ Just think about how long it took you too install it onto the system and download ALL of the patches to determine whether or not you want to trust me or not. ^^^

I have local friends who try to play the game using Fibre Optics etc....

I have this Game on all Systems and have had the same problem of Hard Freezes on each (Except PC as Hard Freezing on there is near impossible but have had other issues with PC version where I have found my own fixes haha)

From the above I know it's long winded to read but I appreciate you taking the time in reading this. There is seriously a Hardware fault within the game so early on that with all these patches its getting Filtered worse and worse making it hard for them to actually find it. Their ignorance to this fault is what annoys me most. But I do have to give them credit that there is someone available 24/7 to chat to on their website as I have even chatted to someone on Christmas day and New Years Day haha.

cortstone
01-22-2014, 01:47 AM
Hard freezes, signed out of PSN, especially during warmaster.. wtf??

yoshiloves
01-23-2014, 01:20 AM
i have frozen 3 times today, 2 of i had to hardboot my ps3 with ..this is not healthy for any ps3 the other one was a freeze on a different ps3 seeing how i read forums and some say system.....um no lol

FrankyY2k9
01-23-2014, 08:01 PM
I agree with you there I have been in my friends home to help him out with a solo mission on Defiance that he couldn't be grouped up with and it hard crashes. He's got a new styled PS3 as I thought at first it was because I was running the Game on the old fat ones. Still had crash issues. There is something wrong with the game. Some people have been saying since the DLC2 Arkbreaker patch. I have had this problem since I had the game.

Some people say its because they had the Preorder Version of Defiance but I have played on both versions and same result. I hope this sorts out the miss signals on what is causing the game freezing. It is something earlier on in the game. One of their earlier patches.

- It's not your PS3 doing this it's the game
- It's not because of DLC2
- It's not because of the type of PS3 you own
- It's not because of your Storage Device running the game
- It's not because of Ark Breakers (Minor/Major) (even though it happens more often on Ark Breakers than anywhere it still pursues to other places)

My theory is that all the crashes happens is because the Game cant handle alot of players in one area and actions with alot of enemies is causing the game to Overload and crash our system.I'm not asking you to agree with me as this is just a hypothesis and there are many other reasons that TRION are seeming to refuse to take the fall for this.

i have frozen 3 times today, 2 of i had to hardboot my ps3 with ..this is not healthy for any ps3 the other one was a freeze on a different ps3 seeing how i read forums and some say system.....um no lol

CH3SH
01-24-2014, 03:14 PM
Myself and my clan members usually hard lock 3-5 times a night, usually when trying to enter the major arkfall impact ship possibly due to high traffic, even more so when teamed with a friend from NA who plays on the EU

hey u
02-01-2014, 10:46 AM
They still are going on every day I play Trion.

hey u
02-02-2014, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA2AGLdpsUE

As I said call Sony and double check this. As I recall he left off a step but after I did this with Sony on the phone it helped me soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much it is crazy.

James Postal
02-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Today I experienced two hard freezes so bad both times I had to pull plug. This is the first time my system has ever locked up, also I am experiencing a lot of timed outs from the server. Defiance is the only online game that does this also. I'm running 10 Mbps and hardwired and all other servers for other games run flawless. And as far as trion reading in game reports go, I believe they are received by blind people. I have reported that the last stage defiance is freezing on me and I can't beat the game. I am new to the game but I fell in love and even bought a season pass and spent money on an outfit, but if this hard freeze things happens again I will walk away and consider my investment into the game a waste.

jigsaw seven
02-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Ya Trion stop being a ***** your game is cool but you know it locks up and hard freezes all day long. On another note I own the season pass and your plates dlc is not working for me.

VIC757
02-05-2014, 08:59 PM
"Hurry, we don't know how stable this arkfall is."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Even my EGO knows how unstable this game is. I'm on the XBOX so it definitely isn't just PS3's. I haven't had to pull the cord but I've had my console freeze up causing me to turn it off and on again. As I'm typing this, I'm currently lagged/glitched in the WM room. I've submitted plenty of tickets to the point where I've been told "It seems you have submitted multiple tickets concerning this." Well, duh, it's because you haven't fixed them. My favorite is the drop down option to tell them that you did not receive a reward for the siege/ arkfall/ etc, only to have their reply of "It is TRION policy to not give out rewards." Seriously? I understand that guns are generated randomly and yadda, yadda, yadda, but you know how much script and keys I missed out on. At least give us our keys owed to us so we can open lockboxes. That way, it's not a double kick in the pants.

Inubis
02-07-2014, 10:00 AM
I just like the OP quote of Trion "no similar issues" WTF did you guys not even play the PS3 version of your game?

This happens at least once a day, one time it happened 3 times in an hour.

hey u
02-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Today I experienced two hard freezes so bad both times I had to pull plug. This is the first time my system has ever locked up, also I am experiencing a lot of timed outs from the server. Defiance is the only online game that does this also. I'm running 10 Mbps and hardwired and all other servers for other games run flawless. And as far as trion reading in game reports go, I believe they are received by blind people. I have reported that the last stage defiance is freezing on me and I can't beat the game. I am new to the game but I fell in love and even bought a season pass and spent money on an outfit, but if this hard freeze things happens again I will walk away and consider my investment into the game a waste.

I have never NEVER had to unplug my cord from my PS3.

dramaQkarri
02-14-2014, 09:27 AM
big ol' BUMP!

After the most recent patch (2/13/2014) LAG and BUGS are back to the original levels (i.e. HORRIBLE). So I want this thread addressed by Trion. Fat chance, I know. But at least it's still here!

Ultros
02-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Freezing and resteing always needed why?????

dramaQkarri
02-14-2014, 10:37 AM
Freezing and resteing always needed why?????

Cuz for some reason no one at Trion knows how to fix server stability. This has been a problem since Defiance was released. Good lord if I knew why it was happening, I'd apply for a job with Trion and fix it myself!

mr8liner
02-15-2014, 01:00 PM
While I have not had to pull the cord as of yet, I get a hard freeze almost once a day. And before Trion says it must be your hardware let me tell you I am an IT Tech and Run a Computer Repair Business. I have checked my PS3 for top to bottom, put all the parts on testers and can tell you there is nothing wrong with my PS3. So the OP is right it is software and you need to fix it. I have also been told the XBOX has the same problems. So Trion just admit you have a problem and fix it. No one is perfect, heck look at your servers tonight. So before you say we have a problem, look at your problems and fix them. Thank you.

They will never admit that it is thier problems. If they were to do that, it would open the door for lawsuits when people's systems are ruined.

There is another post on here, and the guy that wrote it said it was a leak in the memory for ps3. or something like that. The title to it is " HARD FREEZES, LAG, TIMINGOUT. somwething like that. if you have the time read that one. Trion did agree with the guy that it is some kind of memory leak and they are "working" to fix it

Woodwolf
02-17-2014, 02:11 PM
They will never admit that it is thier problems. If they were to do that, it would open the door for lawsuits when people's systems are ruined.

There is another post on here, and the guy that wrote it said it was a leak in the memory for ps3. Trion did agree with the guy that it is some kind of memory leak and they are "working" to fix it

TRION needs to have a class action lawsuit filed against them. Whether or not they admit to ANYTHING is totally irrelevant. The fact remains that they are selling a product that, still to this day, does not work up to par the way it is advertised. INTERMITTENT FUNCTIONALITY DOES NOT COUNT FOR CRAP. TRION is too big for their britches and needs to be taken down a notch, BY WAY OF THEIR WALLET. Sadly this is, as usual, the only method that will get any results with corporations such as this.

As far as them "working to fix it", I'm no program developer by any stretch of the imagination, but 8 months to fix a mem leak ??? Come on TRION, don't piss on us and say it's raining.

Ignoring it will NOT make the problem go away. It just makes people more pissed off.

The VERY least they can do is make a public statement explaining the problem and what (if anything) they are doing to remedy it.

My god man, just stop blowing smoke up our a*ses !!!

hey u
02-19-2014, 01:10 AM
I'm on my 3rd one for today/night

dramaQkarri
02-20-2014, 08:19 AM
TWO HARD FREEZES LAST NIGHT IN LESS THAN AN HOUR. After I stopped grouping and using my mic, it was better and I was able to stay at an incursion until the end (finally!). This leads me to believe that Trion is no longer even going to look at the "PS3 Memory Leak" issue which they HAVE ADMITTED AND ACKNOWLEDGED. This also leads me to believe it's gotten worse because they've re-allocated server hardware to some other game or something. I was trying to shard-hop by porting to different friends and after going to about 8 friends, I found they were all on the same shard. No changes on map, no one was on a different server at all. And the server we were all stuck on was massively crowded. I miss the lonely server.

I have no faith that Trion will continue supporting this game once it's met the 1-year obligation. I also think they will want to sell it and I sincerely hope they do! If I had money I'd buy Defiance and hire someone who KNOWS how to fix it. And I'd talk to the community. And I'd fire everyone who works in customer service cuz they don't know squat about how to help. I expect most of them are entry level, and receive no training except for a handfull of pat answers on how to trouble-shoot consoles. "Here, copy/paste this answer into all support requests and that will make most of the customers shut up."

hey u
02-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Since last patch it is growing worse with each passing day on system locks and disconnects.

1-2 locks and 7-15 das boot from server averaging now each day.

Ridiculousss
02-28-2014, 07:24 PM
iv'e recently just started playing again after taking a 5 month break due to laggy gameplay and hard freezes on my ps3.
Just came back lastnight and sad to say after 5 months its still going on, at arkfalls, or seiges or any type of play where alot is going on i am getting laggy to the point where it almost freezes, or in some cases it does lock up, i thought it would of been fixed by now i mean jeez 5 months later!!!!!!!!!!!

and the same issues are still going on, hmm

Lenny732
03-01-2014, 03:31 PM
I've had two today. within 30 minutes of each other.

Wargarga
03-04-2014, 01:39 AM
People should just stop this thread. Its hilarious to see that this post has been on here since August of last year and there has been no change in anything. TRION doesn't care and if they did they sure haven't shown it. Wheres someone stepping in here and letting you know that they are trying? Where is an apology of any sort to those who have stuck with them?

js12
03-27-2014, 09:09 PM
I signed in for the first time in a while. Played for 3 minutes, then hard locked. Seriously?

Now, I'm disappointed in Trion's support team. Most of the other threads on this bug forum had an official response. All I ask is an official response, which is definitely deserved after 21 pages of conversation.

If Trion still fails to respond to this thread, this tells the community that Trion simply does not care. It's the same as if I called customer support, explained my problem, and the agent on the other end stays silent until I hang up the phone. The lack of response, even a "we don't know what is causing the issues, but we are working on it", is both troubling and disrespectful to us as a customer base.

hey u
03-28-2014, 10:07 PM
I signed in for the first time in a while. Played for 3 minutes, then hard locked. Seriously?

Now, I'm disappointed in Trion's support team. Most of the other threads on this bug forum had an official response. All I ask is an official response, which is definitely deserved after 21 pages of conversation.

If Trion still fails to respond to this thread, this tells the community that Trion simply does not care. It's the same as if I called customer support, explained my problem, and the agent on the other end stays silent until I hang up the phone. The lack of response, even a "we don't know what is causing the issues, but we are working on it", is both troubling and disrespectful to us as a customer base.

I and other people have told everyone what they told us on this thread and others just we do live chat and send in tickets is all.

rydda
03-28-2014, 11:28 PM
I too have ps3 lock ups its not as bad like long time ago but its still not fixed an yes iv sent tickets.

Kasscade
03-29-2014, 03:14 PM
Yep I have them once a night. That's when I give up.

stefan
03-30-2014, 12:16 PM
my ps3 freezes now i need to turn off power to reset the ps3

Rokea
04-04-2014, 03:03 PM
I have them because when I spawn to team mates or clan mates I spawn in the ground and half my screen is gone, then Hard reset.

Lenny732
04-07-2014, 10:39 AM
2 today within an hour of each other. all i was doing was standing still minding my own business. Wooooooh!

xXDigitalXx
04-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Think hdmi n processee memory. Cached downstream n uspstream

Copperpot
04-08-2014, 11:07 AM
Think hdmi n processee memory. Cached downstream n uspstream

What are you talking about? Are you saying that this is a operator error? ^^^

On another note:
It would be nice if, as I think someone suggested on this thread but I can't find it now, the PS3 in-game tickets were easier to submit. The example I read on here suggested that we have a checkbox for hard freeze, or server timeout, etc. so we don't have to manually type in the information. I like that idea. I would be much more likely to submit that. But, I normally don't submit tickets because when I am dc'd in the middle of an incursion, I could A) quit the game for the night - most likely B) log back in try to get back to the incursion to get credit for the time I spent there - second most likely C) log back in and fill the in game ticket by typing very slowly on my PS3 controller only to lose more valuable time and definitely lose out on any rewards/credit for almost completing the incursion/pursuit/arkfall etc. - very much least likely.

I know this is a really old post and it should die, but I'm not the one who bumped it up and there is content I am responding to.

hey u
06-10-2014, 09:52 PM
This is why I took a break.

DEATHBRINGER210
06-12-2014, 04:21 PM
the real ? is who doesnt? defiance server disconnects i do all the time

Wunjo
06-13-2014, 06:46 AM
Had been very occasional for me. After last nights patch I hard locked 5 times.

Seems to happen most when I'm rapidly firing a semi-auto sniper rifle while zoomed, or when there is a ton of controller vibration.

dramaQkarri
06-13-2014, 07:03 AM
This issue is on the rise...again. 2-3 every day. I was getting 1 a day or every other day for quite awhile but since 6/4 big update it's been really rough.

Copperpot
06-13-2014, 08:26 AM
This issue is on the rise...again. 2-3 every day. I was getting 1 a day or every other day for quite awhile but since 6/4 big update it's been really rough.

http://www.thefrisky.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/23/eddie-vedder-birthday57.gif

dramaQkarri
06-18-2014, 01:40 PM
The HARD FREEZE on PS3 NA is definitely on the rise since the big June 4th update. And last night in 5 hours of play I had FOUR hard freezes. I put in a bug report every SINGLE time this happens. The "usual" used to be one hard freeze a day or every other day but having one EVERY HOUR in all sorts of circumstances tells me something is very wrong and getting worse instead of better.

GM Domitasia
06-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Let us know if the freezes still seem excessive after the update (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?164267-6-19-14-NA-EU-Server-Update-(PC-PS3-360)-TBA&goto=newpost) set for today! We'll also be keeping an eye out on our side.

Vegasclimber
06-23-2014, 05:15 PM
I know this is the forum section for PS, but....

I can tell you that the hard locks on my PC have INCREASED since the 19th. I had one mine quest that I had to do 6 times because it kept hard freezing on me. And all my firmware/drivers/etc are up to date. By the time I get the machine back up and get back into the server, I have to start over. So this issue isn't just limited to consoles.

HomelessHammer
06-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Every time I attempt a war master with more than 20 players I get a critical error prior to the timer expiring. It's getting to the point where some aspects of the game are unplayable for me. Anyone have a fix for this?

blackwolves81
06-24-2014, 10:45 AM
I have lockups also, during Incursion's when using the chainGun and my controllers just vibrates constantly. The 23rd of this month I was getting kicked out every about 20 min and my Console locked up.

GM Domitasia
06-25-2014, 01:48 PM
Thanks to these reports, we'll have an additional update (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?164970-Patch-2.012-(hotfix)-Patch-Notes) today!

konstantinov
06-25-2014, 03:11 PM
I hard freeze everyday! If I got paid for hard freezes I could buy a new car.

bigbadkills
06-27-2014, 07:53 AM
tron a ***ing jok and thay need to fix ther trash wast of my tim watchdogs bet them **** killzone bet them and thay suck to lol so if u donty wanty hard frezz brak the gam lol

bigbadkills
06-27-2014, 07:56 AM
if we wanty a trash patch watch it still hard frezz u guy piss off someone are what

serialkilla87
06-27-2014, 11:43 PM
Nornally I try not to complain about this because I know it will never get fixed fully. However, today when I logged on it took 15 seconds and then hard froze. It hard freezes at least twice a day, and kicks at least hourly. Almost always at an incursion or a monolith arkfall.

cortstone
06-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Currently staring at a hard freeze on my PS3. Logged in, at IDR per last critical disconnect from last night. 'Skitterlings' was in progress when I got my screen to load, and immediately after killing hellbug warrior, hard freeze. The time on the screen is 3:43pm, and as I type this it is 3:52pm. I haven't experienced a hard freeze in quite awhile, so it was slightly unexpected. Constant kicks prevail, while in game.

dramaQkarri
06-30-2014, 07:22 AM
I've been getting a LOT of hard freezes over the weekend. Frankly I'm tired of putting in bug reports every time it happens cuz I want to PLAY not work for the game to get fixed.

Hard freezes: 2 on Friday, 2 on Saturday, and only 1 on Sunday. Lots and lots of DC's too. I would have to say, no real improvements. Lag might be better, or it might just be different. Instead of the lag I'm used to, I get this stop-motion photography thing going for a few minutes, and it's always followed by DC or Hard Freeze.

GM Domitasia
07-01-2014, 12:19 PM
You guys may want to check out this post (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?165317-Connectivity-Issues-An-Update-from-the-Team) regarding our continual investigation into the connectivity issues!

Airwave
07-14-2014, 05:08 PM
I came back to Defiance because now the Tv show is back on and WHAT A MESS! Lock ups all day long. I like the game but this is sad after a year your not getting better. instead you are on decline and rolling down hill fast. I have had my ps3 reboot and scan the file system. Please fix the game!

konstantinov
07-14-2014, 09:06 PM
3 hard freezes so far today.

dramaQkarri
07-14-2014, 09:10 PM
Gee only had 1 hard freeze today. On a fresh restart when I started the first mission for episode 4 - about 5 minutes in at overpass.

Immersive game? HARDLY.

Grimace
07-14-2014, 10:14 PM
lol i get hard freezes or d/c's whenever i play "this"

mostly at any time, last night was 30 seconds after log in, sometimes i can play (in a specific area) for uto 6 hours.....why can't this be replicated over the entire server, untill then i'll keep what i'm doing,

Grandpa Ace
07-15-2014, 07:20 AM
Boy do I; and the 4th of July weekend was the worst. Just in those three days I locked up at least 3 times a day, not to mention the regularly occurring DC's...
LOL

speedyR70
07-15-2014, 11:07 AM
PS3 EU:
DCs every 5 minutes today and yesterday after Server Restart!
i tried to go into Cronkhite 5 times... the last Dc come short before end...

this is NOT funny any more!

Only one makes we happy 'bout that:
Destiny Beta comes this Weekend.

LeJack
08-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Not sure if anyone is checking this forum anymore but I am having this problem too. Only much worse. Before I would have very few HLs and a couple bad ones where I did have to pull the cord. Now after the 2.2 Silicon Valley update, I can't even login to the game without freezing. A second after my character loads, my console freezes. I can't even get on to submit a ticket. I need help because idk what the problem is. There is NOTHING wrong with my system, the defiance title, patcher, and agreement load perfectly fine. But the second I get in game, I freeze. I went ahead and erased my game data utility, then reinstalled defiance, but still have the same problem.Anyone have any answers?

PS3 NA

Gabrielle
08-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Oh snap! I spent about 4 hours re-downloading the game date utility I had to delete 'cause your patch had an critical error and the first thing that happens when I log in with my character is "Hard lock" console freezes, can't handle bugged games apparently.

Gabrielle
08-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Well, they outdid themself! 2nd hard lock upon entering.

Ray186
08-06-2014, 11:52 PM
I have a hard freeze at least once a day. It happens to everyone that I play with. This is the only game that it happens with also.

NightFirer
08-09-2014, 05:20 PM
I have a hard freeze after awhile of playing... min of 45 minutes to 1 hour of play time. Alot of people I play with also have this problem... But My question to Trion is if the want a bug report, how can I can do it when my system is locked up.... the only way I get unfrozen is literally yank the plug....
Like everyone else this is the only game I have that causes the problem of hard freezing.

08-10-2014, 12:38 PM
The ps3 is not the issue mine is liquid cooled and I get at least 3 to 4 crashes on a 12 hour gameplay period the only issue can be the lack of RAM (random access memory) and that really shouldn't be the issue because all other games work fine for me trion severs cant handle the amount of data being transferred at one time because of bug issues

TwiztdDreamz
08-10-2014, 04:20 PM
I have the hard freeze problem too, quite regularly actually. never happened on any other game I own. I have a few other friends I play with that have hard freezes/crashes too. It happened to one friend so often he took the game back for a refund. I can imagine he's not the only one, either.

chad78
08-10-2014, 05:58 PM
i submit tickets - 3 of them so far - then I get the form letter response. Then a slightly more specific form letter response saying "we're busy, try restarting your modem" ... then days go by then a "Well, you didn't say anything else, so we're going to assume you don't need our help."

YOU NEVER ACTUALLY RESPONDED TO ME, what the schtako am I supposed to tell you?

ManApe
08-11-2014, 03:04 PM
The question should be who has not had this happen, I can't imagine that there is anyone that hasn't.

LeJack
08-23-2014, 12:22 AM
So it's been about a month since I played. Still can't check out Silicon Valley because I STILL can't login with my character. Yet again, the second I do, my console freezes. It really sucks when you put money into a game you can't even play anymore.

Covington
08-25-2014, 07:02 AM
So it's been about a month since I played. Still can't check out Silicon Valley because I STILL can't login with my character. Yet again, the second I do, my console freezes. It really sucks when you put money into a game you can't even play anymore.

I started another thread on this because two of my group haven't been able to log in for weeks. It is the account freezing, I tried on of them on my console and I froze, then loaded my character with no problem.

No word at all from support, the chat support said they couldn't help and pawned both of them off to email and no response.

Where is support?

Takara Plum
09-02-2014, 03:59 PM
I've only been playing this game for TWO WEEKS and I'm already FED UP with the SHTACKO. Your engineers are worth NOTHING. I could code a game better IN MY SLEEP. FIX THE JEKKIN' ISSUES OR GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK.

Darksoul1978
09-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Since I started playing last week I've had about 1 HL a day and am constantly getting the message saying the service is down or my connection timed out. The HL issue for me is not as big as the other two messages being in the middle of an arkfall and getting booted and seeing these messages is far more common usually it is mostly from 6-10 CST it happens. and before anyone says oh it's your connection or your speed is slow I have a 60MB cable connection so if my connection is not good enough then this game has a serious problem. but as for the HL's doing a hard restart once a day needs to be stopped as well unless trion plans to buy me a new hard drive when this finally causes mine to fail.

ZeroTolerance
09-03-2014, 11:10 AM
It's not your connection, it's the game. A bad connection would more than likely make your game lag more than anything, not cause HL's. As soon as I got the pop-up stating that the server was going offline in 15 mins today, I was HL'ed. Holding down the PS3 button did not work. I had to pull the plug too many times with this game; next my system will be damaged from having to do so. I have to completely log off the game and restart, getting HL's, and freezes everyday, several times a day. This is ridiculous. I am glad I didn't pay to play, smh. This should have never been a pay to play game, it should still be in beta testing...

stoodakiss
09-04-2014, 08:28 PM
ive been having hard freezes about 2 or three times a day.

hey u
09-04-2014, 10:32 PM
Well I was going to come back and check out Defiance but it looks like things are still the same or maybe a bit worse so i'm done with this game bye Defiance it was fun and I will hope you come out on PS4 without a memory leak and can run without a system lock or a Das boot from your server.

Trion you suck I love Defiance but you guys just can't get it to work sad. Sell the game to a company who will make it work?