PDA

View Full Version : I have hard freezes too, at least once a day when I play.

Nim Shandu
08-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Other thread was trashed or something before I got a chance to reply. Hard freezes, only way to turn off console is by cutting power, do exist. This is the only game that hard freezes me.

I saw somewhere in the past someone stated the cause is the system getting too hot and the solder begins to melt, causing errors. I don't know how true it is, but it sounds good.

N3gativeCr33p
08-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Are you talking about PS3 or 360?

Vicious VP
08-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Other thread was trashed or something before I got a chance to reply. Hard freezes, only way to turn off console is by cutting power, do exist. This is the only game that hard freezes me.

I saw somewhere in the past someone stated the cause is the system getting too hot and the solder begins to melt, causing errors. I don't know how true it is, but it sounds good.If your PS3, go HERE (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119750-%95-%95-%95-Who-has-HARD-LOCKS-CONSOLE-FREEZES-Chime-In-Trion-Wants-To-Know-%95-%95-%95) and post.

I find it interesting that 'if they really wanted info on how often this happens, why do they delete posts that ask you to report it?'

N3gativeCr33p
08-09-2013, 01:26 PM
I couldn't be paid enough to play a game like this on my PS3...

Gomly
08-09-2013, 01:28 PM
As part of the master race ... I don't have this problem.

I have nothing worth adding just i've been far too serious today and haven't mentioned the master race for a few days and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.

N3gativeCr33p
08-09-2013, 01:32 PM
As part of the lowly 360 race... I also don't have this problem. Glad I didn't opt for a copy of this game on my PS3, I'll say that much.

dahanese
08-09-2013, 01:33 PM
If your PS3, go HERE (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119750-%95-%95-%95-Who-has-HARD-LOCKS-CONSOLE-FREEZES-Chime-In-Trion-Wants-To-Know-%95-%95-%95) and post.

I find it interesting that 'if they really wanted info on how often this happens, why do they delete posts that ask you to report it?'

I believe that was a matter of the post being in the wrong forum. :)

Gomly
08-09-2013, 01:34 PM
I believe that was a matter of the post being in the wrong forum. :)

Out of curiosity strange named woman with her own team of minions, which platform do you game on?

dahanese
08-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Out of curiosity strange named woman with her own team of minions, which platform do you game on?

Depends entirely on the game. Defiance I play mostly on PC. I have all the consoles, though, although my poor Wii isn't hooked up and I don't have a WiiU yet. If I'm going to play on a console, I usually go for the 360 but that's because my gamertag is logged in by default and to keep equity in my marriage, my husband's logged in by default on the PS3.

Nim Shandu
08-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Ps3.......

Gomly
08-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Depends entirely on the game. Defiance I play mostly on PC. I have all the consoles, though, although my poor Wii isn't hooked up and I don't have a WiiU yet. If I'm going to play on a console, I usually go for the 360 but that's because my gamertag is logged in by default and to keep equity in my marriage, my husband's logged in by default on the PS3.

Surprisingly the Wii U is pretty good fun. Got one for the kids a couple of weeks ago and they loved it up until my wife stole it and refuses to let anyone else play.

Forgive my curiosity but I get interested in the diversity of play styles here and just had to know , no idea why.

Nim Shandu
08-09-2013, 01:55 PM
The hard freeze issue has been brought up many times on PS3 general. Only seems it gets any attention if posted in general general.

Orbital
08-09-2013, 02:18 PM
I've had blue screens from the sound-loop on PC as well, luckily it has only happened once. I tend to quit out pretty quickly after the annoying sound looping starts.

Zugo
08-09-2013, 02:27 PM
I've had blue screens from the sound-loop on PC as well, luckily it has only happened once. I tend to quit out pretty quickly after the annoying sound looping starts.

I had this issue a while back (couple weeks), but not anymore. On the 360 you could hit start exit game if you were fast enough, and noticed the loop at the start. Interesting that PC has the same issue, with same escape route.

A s0t
08-09-2013, 02:31 PM

I saw somewhere in the past someone stated the cause is the system getting too hot and the solder begins to melt, causing errors. I don't know how true it is, but it sounds good.day 1 error that been "fixed"

Zugo
08-09-2013, 02:33 PM
day 1 error that been "fixed"

Yes, Yes, it's your hardware obviously. [insert rolling eye smiley]

Nim Shandu
08-10-2013, 03:10 AM
Bump for awareness

Rakshasa
08-10-2013, 03:26 AM
For what it's worth, I wouldn't just assume it can't be a heat issue with the hardware.

My PS3 would be fine in most games, but would hard freeze up very frequently in PS Home and especially in DCUO. It was an occasional annoyance in PS Home, but made DCUO almost unplayable for any length of time. The combination of the graphics load together with the amount of constant hard-drive activity from always loading environments and lots of player models was apparently just generating more heat than it could deal with.

After reading a bit about others having the same problem, I propped the right edge of the PS3 up a bit, and set up 2 USB-powered fans plugged into the PS3's USB ports, so they come on when it's on, and go off when it's off. Pointing those at the hot spots pretty much eliminated the lockups and freezing... except for a couple of spots in the Watchtower in DCUO that could still run it too hot when it was really busy. Not saying this is definitely the problem you're having, but I know Defiance runs my PC's graphics card very hot, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

drackiller
08-10-2013, 05:49 AM
For what it's worth, I wouldn't just assume it can't be a heat issue with the hardware.

My PS3 would be fine in most games, but would hard freeze up very frequently in PS Home and especially in DCUO. It was an occasional annoyance in PS Home, but made DCUO almost unplayable for any length of time. The combination of the graphics load together with the amount of constant hard-drive activity from always loading environments and lots of player models was apparently just generating more heat than it could deal with.

After reading a bit about others having the same problem, I propped the right edge of the PS3 up a bit, and set up 2 USB-powered fans plugged into the PS3's USB ports, so they come on when it's on, and go off when it's off. Pointing those at the hot spots pretty much eliminated the lockups and freezing... except for a couple of spots in the Watchtower in DCUO that could still run it too hot when it was really busy. Not saying this is definitely the problem you're having, but I know Defiance runs my PC's graphics card very hot, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

I think it`s mainly a memory problem on the PS3 , because if it were overheating it would shut down.
The hard freezes happens with lots of games and i can give you examples of the games that mostly freezes the PS3:
Oblivion in the early stages of the PS3----had several crashs a day playing that.
Fallout---the same
Fallout New Vegas---Worst than the two above
Skyrim----even worst than the other three above.

All of them big games with big areas always loading in real time, making extreme demand on the PS3 grafics.

That`s what i think, not saying that it is.

ncanning
08-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Been playing since game launch, only had 2 hard freezes.

I am confident in saying it's a memory issue as oppose to a heat issue (not saying that heat couldn't be lending a hand though). It's been noted that the older gen PS3s seem to be having more issues. It's been stated that "cleaning" up your hard drive will help prevent this from happening. Cleaning up = deleteing old games, messages, etc.

Just like on a computer, the more memory used, the slower the system.

I doubt it has anything to do with solder, otherwise the system would be ruined after the first hard freeze. I have had 2 hard freezes, unplugged, reloaded and continued to play without issue. I am also on a 240 gig model.

Nim Shandu
08-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Awareness bump. Going to try and keep this up top till we get an official response or they fix it. Every hard freeze will remind me to bump.

Nim Shandu
08-10-2013, 04:05 PM
I doubt it has anything to do with solder, otherwise the system would be ruined after the first hard freeze. I have had 2 hard freezes, unplugged, reloaded and continued to play without issue. I am also on a 240 gig model.

and if your getting those kind of hardlocks its an issue with one of the solders on your ram...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?79618-Hey-trion-devs-are-you-going-to-buy-me-a-new-ps3-when-it-dies/page2&highlight=hard+freeze
Who is right? Me am too dumb to know.

A s0t
08-10-2013, 05:59 PM
i did it cause, you took my power rangers away haha

Nim Shandu
08-10-2013, 08:36 PM
i did it cause, you took my power rangers away haha

WHAAAT! Who said you could come out out of the corner! You're grounded mister! No macaroni necklace making for you either!

Nim Shandu
08-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Fix it bump

Nim Shandu
08-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Back to the top!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/The_Launch_of_Long_March_3B_Rocket.jpg