PDA

View Full Version : DLC patch notes

squidgod2000
08-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Is it just me, or are a lot of these old notes from the last month or two?

GiantInMaine
08-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Yeah they are but there is some nice stuff in there too that I am glad to see.

dahanese
08-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Is it just me, or are a lot of these old notes from the last month or two?

It is a draft - if there's old stuff in there the team missed, we'll make sure it's out before they are finalized. :)

GiantInMaine
08-09-2013, 02:56 PM
It is a draft - if there's old stuff in there the team missed, we'll make sure it's out before they are finalized. :)

It seems to me you must of lobbied to be able to release this info and made them understand how much the community needed something to look forward to. I appreciate it.

Rasczak
08-09-2013, 02:57 PM
I see it claims chat window improvement. How about chat radius improvement? A chat window fix is pretty useless if we still aren't able to chat with other players across the map.

So far, Defiance is one of the most solo, non-social function MMOs out there.

squidgod2000
08-09-2013, 02:57 PM

Got down to the bit about shotguns and was like "...they're changing shotgun mag bonuses again?!" (though you really should, since most %-based shotgun mag bonuses give no bonus at all)

squidgod2000
08-09-2013, 02:58 PM
I see it claims chat window improvement. How about chat radius improvement? A chat window fix is pretty useless if we still aren't able to chat with other players across the map.

Supposedly it'll have custom channels and the like, which I'd like to assume are global.

GiantInMaine
08-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Got down to the bit about shotguns and was like "...they're changing shotgun mag bonuses again?!" (though you really should, since most %-based shotgun mag bonuses give no bonus at all)

I agree I love getting shotguns with two ammo bonuses that together give me a whopping 2 bullets.

squidgod2000
08-09-2013, 02:59 PM
I agree I love getting shotguns with two ammo bonuses that together give me a whopping 2 bullets.

Those are good bonuses. Most Shotgun mag bonuses don't give anything.

Azimov
08-09-2013, 03:12 PM

LOL think of it as an alpha copy! :)

marshy
08-09-2013, 03:17 PM

Leave the saw alone, why don't you fix the other LMGs because they are trash

Roger Mayers
08-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Great news!

IAMVILELENT
08-09-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm sure these notes are close to final.

-Lol nothing but weapon nerfs.

-I love how infectors biggest problems weren't touched.

-What a f*cking fail this game is heading towards.

ten4
08-09-2013, 03:43 PM
So essentially we are paying for a patch that most games offer for free. Also, majority of those notes are out right nerfs lol.

When it comes right down to it...the only interesting things to me that are new are charge blades and a couple more guns for already existing weapon types.

Man, it took them 4 months to make this? Wow...

marshy
08-09-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm sure these notes are close to final.

-Lol nothing but weapon nerfs.

-I love how infectors biggest problems weren't touched.

-What a f*cking fail this game is heading towards.

Its lazy just to nerf things, there must be other ways of balancing the game

DarknessEyes PT
08-09-2013, 03:47 PM
No fire plasma rifles in DLC?
One here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HeR...tailpage&t=387

SEIGES
● Volge Seiges are here!

No sieges, only "SEIGES" :)

● Increased Scrip rewards on all Emergencies to make them better sources of Scrip.
● Repositioned an Emergency that was too close to Mine 98 and was disappearing as you approached it.
● Increased Scrip rewards on all Emergencies to make them better sources of Scrip.

Double Scrip rewards

IAMVILELENT
08-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Its lazy just to nerf things, there must be other ways of balancing the game

Exactly, there were other things they could've done, seems like they are removing power creep and putting us more inline with straight cookie cutter Call of Duty style play. This patch has literally made the last decent remaining weapons lose their appeal. The ONLY thing I'm even looking forward to this whole ENTIRE DLC is the Volge LMG, if its anything like the SAW was, I'll be good, Ill keep the game installed, if its like the ****ty thunder or roller, I'll free up some space on my HDD. I think the SAW nerf alone is enough to uninstall imo. Will see how much of DMG reduction it really is.

Gomly
08-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Going to be trying the "pts" if it has any of those changes on.

Have to admit though, that amount of nerfs is worrying.

Traxx
08-09-2013, 04:00 PM
When??????

JohnnyPersia
08-09-2013, 04:05 PM
So...are the new storyline missions also gone? ....

DarknessEyes PT
08-09-2013, 04:09 PM
When can we have full details on DLC? O.o
I was expecting for something like 30 pages with FULL details...

Rasczak
08-09-2013, 04:18 PM
So...are the new storyline missions also gone? ....

Let's see if we can predict where this will go:

It will be said by Trion that the patch notes are simply for the patch that comes alongside the DLC, and is the free stuff that is being made available. Including all the nerf's you can stomach, and then some.

The storylines will be in the mysterious, elusive, holy grail of a DLC, which is a different set of notes found in another thread that actually says nothing new about whether the DLC will ever see the light of day. Heck, they've yet to even make an advertisement trailer for it. So be patient, respect them, and stop making DLC threads.

Of course, that won't account for the fact that the new race was in the patch notes (DLC only content) but that the storyline missions were not. But, sigh, what else is new?

Taking bets now.

XGC Cipher
08-09-2013, 04:19 PM

Ive been saying that for almost 3 months

JxSiN
08-09-2013, 04:41 PM
No fire plasma rifles in DLC?
One here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HeR...tailpage&t=387

SEIGES
● Volge Seiges are here!

● Added new Volge LMGs.
This may be the plasma/coldfire weapons

No sieges, only "SEIGES" :)

● Repositioned an Emergency that was too close to Mine 98 and was disappearing as you approached it.

Double Scrip rewards

This may be the plasma/coldfire weapons from that video
● Added new Volge LMGs.

Yewa
08-09-2013, 04:57 PM
It seems to me you must of lobbied to be able to release this info and made them understand how much the community needed something to look forward to. I appreciate it.

My thoughts exactly. Her job must be a lot harder with all the changes that are happening.

Prismere
08-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Patch Notes.... cant believe it... hartattack------------------------^ puls, back again !signs! hope they are not a big fat llllllllie... like some other things ive heard... so back to some good trailers like DESTINY... (cof)

Cavadus
08-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Don't really care either way about the SAW nerf, it was probably needed, but out of the entire weapons category the only thing that could be construed as a buff is the shotgun +magazine capacity fix on mag mods and faction weapons getting a slight damage buff.

There are so many cool weapons in this game that need some love and this patch is just all nerfs. No buffs for the other LMGs? No accuracy buffs for ARs? No buff for the VBI SMG? No buffs for the entire Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle class? No buffs/changes to the Heavy Scattergun?

What the heck, Trion?

GiantInMaine
08-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Don't really care either way about the SAW nerf, it was probably needed, but out of the entire weapons category the only thing that could be construed as a buff is the shotgun +magazine capacity fix on mag mods and faction weapons getting a slight damage buff.

There are so many cool weapons in this game that need some love and this patch is just all nerfs. No buffs for the other LMGs? No accuracy buffs for ARs? No buff for the VBI SMG? No buffs for the entire Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle class? No buffs/changes to the Heavy Scattergun?

What the heck, Trion?

I'm pretty sure the shotgun mag fix was actually already implemented and that is actually what it is saying in the patch notes.

This is why I think that "This was largely due to shotguns getting more shots per clip then intended" & "Rarity Bonuses that increased Mag Size have been decreased"

Dave Blackwell
08-09-2013, 05:49 PM
Exactly, there were other things they could've done, seems like they are removing power creep and putting us more inline with straight cookie cutter Call of Duty style play. This patch has literally made the last decent remaining weapons lose their appeal. The ONLY thing I'm even looking forward to this whole ENTIRE DLC is the Volge LMG, if its anything like the SAW was, I'll be good, Ill keep the game installed, if its like the ****ty thunder or roller, I'll free up some space on my HDD. I think the SAW nerf alone is enough to uninstall imo. Will see how much of DMG reduction it really is.

Might as well just save yourself the hassle. You and I both (and everyone else) know what's going to happen once these new weapons hit the game - the same thing that happens every time. I'm going to very lightly hope that the 'nerf' isn't what I expect it (probably) will be but past experiences tell me to expect to opposite. Lets face it, the charge weapons are clearly going to be 'nerfed' as well; no point kidding ourselves here.

Hey, I wonder what the next weapon to be 'nerfed' is gonna be? What have we had so far.. shotguns, LMGs.. Oh well, it'll be amusing to watch those who jumped on the bandwagon see it turn round and spit in their faces when their favourite weapons get some lovin'.

..and the never ending cycle continues to spin.

RealHoosier07
08-09-2013, 06:03 PM
I just don't understand people against the SAW being nerfed. All you have to do is play this game for awhile to realize the SAW is overpowered. sure, other guns need buffed. I agree with that. I think people are making a fuss over what will amount to not much of a change. I'm guessing it goes down to 350 per bullet. After you level up lmg skill and put a 1.07 mod on it, the damage is 393. Thats still high damage, especially considering you can get upwards of 120 or more in the mag. Overcharge ego makes this gun even more unstoppable.

Dont get me wrong, I think there are way more things they could do to make enemies tougher besides weapon nerfs, but my only point is that I don't understand people acting as if it's make or break. It's not even close to make or break. The SAW will still be a badass gun, just a little less....which is okay by me.

Reichlyn
08-09-2013, 10:46 PM
I just don't understand people against the SAW being nerfed. All you have to do is play this game for awhile to realize the SAW is overpowered. sure, other guns need buffed. I agree with that. I think people are making a fuss over what will amount to not much of a change. I'm guessing it goes down to 350 per bullet. After you level up lmg skill and put a 1.07 mod on it, the damage is 393. Thats still high damage, especially considering you can get upwards of 120 or more in the mag. Overcharge ego makes this gun even more unstoppable.

Dont get me wrong, I think there are way more things they could do to make enemies tougher besides weapon nerfs, but my only point is that I don't understand people acting as if it's make or break. It's not even close to make or break. The SAW will still be a badass gun, just a little less....which is okay by me.

to be actually good at the game. They require an overpowered weapon that makes them feel tough.

bigtymer
08-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Ha! My thoughts exactly.... I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but, I like this game! The missions are repetitive, but, still the excitement of the ark falls keep me coming back! It seems everyone just needs something to complain about. Go play cod or some s...ty fps if you want overpowered weapons...

Duko
08-10-2013, 01:58 AM
no changes to scopes, damm

JxSiN
08-10-2013, 02:06 AM
no changes to scopes, damm

I'm glad there's no changes to scopes. I put the scope on my weapon I loved, and it was one of the ones being said to go 3rd person. I don't want that.

What they should do is either make stabilization scopes 3rd person or make new scopes entirely. On top of that, give us the option to pull 1 mod off of a weapon instead of all 4

CRIXDA
08-10-2013, 04:57 AM
I both agree and disagree on a lot of the points being made here but the points aren't the important thing to me at the moment even though this topic thread is about those. ( kind of. )
I am just glad to see SOME freaking information escape Stalag Trion for once.
"Soon", "upcoming" and "not too distant future" are fine for the debut of new Dorito products at Taco Bell,
But a third of the stated delivery month for the DLC is gone and....... zippo.
At least we have some information so that is a good thing.

Blondin
08-10-2013, 07:13 AM
So essentially we are paying for a patch that most games offer for free. Also, majority of those notes are out right nerfs lol.

You pay for the dlc not the patch...

TravelerX1
08-10-2013, 08:57 AM
I am holding all opinions on the patch notes until the final patch notes come out. These are a mixture of outdated items, things that will be in the DLC, and outright stupidity. (Ok so maybe I have an opinion all ready)

Trion you are standing at a fork in the road now. Make the right decisions here and this game will continue on, screw this up by not listening to the community and the game is as good as dead.

Gomly
08-10-2013, 09:04 AM
screw this up by not listening to the community and the game is as good as dead.

You've been on the forums .... would YOU listen to this community?

marshy
08-10-2013, 09:06 AM

If you have no respect for the community why you here

Gomly
08-10-2013, 09:13 AM
If you have no respect for the community why you here

Respect and liking their ideas are two entirely different things.

But lets elaborate shall we.

I'm here because I bought a game to shoot things in the face. I like to dwell on the forums and make silly comments.

What the hell does "respecting the community" have to do with anything?

marshy
08-10-2013, 09:17 AM

This^ says everything, you seem to insult the communities intelligence

TravelerX1
08-10-2013, 09:21 AM

I am not talking about the trolling a holes I am talking about the general consensus of these forums. There are people who make sense in here or at the very least thrown more then 1 braincell at something. Any of the issues that are being raised by the community as a whole should be addressed. It's not that difficult to judge those temperatures and tailor change to fit what the community is looking for in this game.

Some examples:

Nerfing one infector class.

Anyone who reads these forums even on a weekly basis knows that there is a huge call out for Infectors to be controlled in PvP. Now some first steps have been made, but the infector class that they are nerfing is not the one that is used by 95% of the infector users in Pvp. Infectors should have been dealt with as a WHOLE and on the PvP side only - As they are a viable weapon PvE and are not OP for the most part.

General Weapon Nerfs

Again..... are they listening to the community at all? There have been dozens of thoughtful intelligent solutions proposed to balance the LMG class of weapons. Does the Saw need a nerf.... perhaps, but before that happens the community is CRYING OUT for the rest of the LMGs to be made borderline useable. Shotguns.... there is that whole issue.... how hard is it to balance these things when community members put forth ideas all the time that would be viable solutions?

I could list a dozen more examples.... but why should I bother? Trion is not listening to me or any other person on this forum. It's business as usual. They have a vision and a path for this game and apparently it is leading into a gaping hole of doom. I will ride this beast's back for the time being because I enjoy the game immensely, but I am not going to be taken into that maw of destruction of my own free will, so when the time comes, I will go to another game and leave the neglected corpse of this one behind.

Gomly
08-10-2013, 09:22 AM
This^ says everything, you seem to insult the communities intelligence

Thankyou for the giggle.

It was not a serious comment, like the vast majority of my posts if you paid any attention, but thankyou for taking it literally.

marshy
08-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Thankyou for the giggle.

It was not a serious comment, like the vast majority of my posts if you paid any attention, but thankyou for taking it literally.

Ok my bad sorry for misinterpreting your comment

Gomly
08-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Ok my bad sorry for misinterpreting your comment

It's not a problem buddy.

It's rare I make a serious post, that one was more aimed at the amount of "silly posts" that goes on. Just implying that some of us don't tend to listen to the more outlandish posts.