PDA

View Full Version : SAWS are getting dumped on...New Patch notes

Hope499
08-09-2013, 05:58 PM
● The SAW LMG’s were performing significantly higher than other LMG’s, so we have reduced the damage that they do to bring them more in line with other categories of weapons

Along with a TOOOON of other stuff...

Not sure if these is yesterdays news (well, it WAS put up yesterday lol) but I hadn't heard anything about it till now, figured there was some stuff that affected the trade/want....

take a boo:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119790-Patch-1.027-Draft-version!&p=1133537&viewfull=1#post1133537

LOOT AND AMMO
● Tier 4 chests will now drop improved loot. (GREAT news)

New Saw?

http://i.imgur.com/otqpL1P.png

Sad news :(

ConcreteSnake
08-09-2013, 06:06 PM
so Rockers will be the best LMG?

Hope499
08-09-2013, 06:06 PM
if this is true, i am going to cry.....

http://i.imgur.com/Jy5KVeF.png

Hope499
08-09-2013, 06:07 PM
so Rockers will be the best LMG?

dude.....

Big trouble in little china made him my man crush....awesome avatar

BobTheTerrible
Holy ****ing ****balls

Torque
Yeah this isn't good, but I'm still using the saw

Mz Finesse
08-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Hmmm dont like it but the saw will still be my babyyy

ConcreteSnake
08-09-2013, 06:12 PM
if this is true, i am going to cry.....

http://i.imgur.com/Jy5KVeF.png

where are you getting these pictures from?

ConcreteSnake
08-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Yeah this isn't good, but I'm still using the saw

until you realize the power of rockers

CozySwiftkilla
08-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Anyone want to buy a saw :/

Hope499
08-09-2013, 06:23 PM

60k?..............

lol

ConcreteSnake
08-09-2013, 06:24 PM
60k?..............

lol

we're gonna be rich!

Mz Finesse
08-09-2013, 06:24 PM
What saw cozy...and where are you getting the pictures

Hope499
08-09-2013, 06:26 PM
where are you getting these pictures from?

lol, just around n stuffs....

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4252125/batman-s-wonderful-toys-o.gif

http://i.qkme.me/3sh3g0.jpg

ConcreteSnake

pictures may not be accurate but saws will be down to at least 350 dmg to match up witht the rockers so that they are similar dps and dmg for different types of players

MustangFreak

Coming from the alpha test server sections
The dlc went live there already

Hope499
08-09-2013, 06:27 PM

a maan named..

Arsenic_Touch, alpha server tester thread

trevcom64
08-09-2013, 06:28 PM
ok nerf saws fine but not ars that makes me sad

NoRespectForBrowncoats
08-09-2013, 06:29 PM
ok nerf saws fine but not ars that makes me sad
In all honesty I welcome this change

NoRespectForBrowncoats
08-09-2013, 06:30 PM
It will open the variation for other weapons to be more powerful

CozySwiftkilla
08-09-2013, 06:30 PM
What saw cozy...and where are you getting the picturesi was just kidding :)

Hope499
08-09-2013, 06:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ateDILJ.png

Torque
08-09-2013, 07:00 PM

For how much, all I have know us 61k until I sell my purples

Arsenic_Touch
08-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Check my thread for some updates.

IAMVILELENT
08-09-2013, 07:05 PM
SAW lost 100 dmg...

Dave Blackwell
08-09-2013, 07:07 PM

With how all these different and undeclared 'nerfs' are popping up on the alpha test subforum I'll be surprised if anything is powerful in general.

Hope499
08-09-2013, 07:13 PM
new pic from Arsenic:

http://i.imgur.com/12oXYhU.png

IAMVILELENT
08-09-2013, 07:13 PM
With all the weapon nerfs, I guess our predictions of the game dieing by late August were right lol...The DLC isn't going to save this game, they've pretty much killed it before announcing the DLC date lol...

CodiBlaze
08-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Crazy........

Overtkill21
08-09-2013, 07:17 PM
With all the weapon nerfs, I guess our predictions of the game dieing by late August were right lol...The DLC isn't going to save this game, they've pretty much killed it before announcing the DLC date lol...

Yep, I was a 100% DLC purchaser just this morning...

Omega2525
08-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Coming from the alpha test server sections
The dlc went live there already

heard a rumor that dlc will be out aug 20

fang1192
08-09-2013, 07:44 PM

Yeah, nerfing the few good guns makes all the crap guns attractive.

Krauser
08-09-2013, 07:45 PM

Yeah, like the new DLC weapons. ;)

How did I see this coming. Glad I got my season pass.

Gonna have a lot of space in my inventory without all those SAWs and ARs. Glad I got both of them to 20.

Swiftstone
08-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Great. So rather than attempt something like logic or realism, Trion is taking the lazy way out again, by yet further homogenizing the game, and it's gear. And since the shooting mechanics and gear were about all that was making this game worth playing, it means that Trion are busily shooting themselves in the foot again.

It's like they hate making money or something...

Krauser
08-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Get ready for all the "Nerf the charge swords, they're dominating PvP!" threads

torch327
08-09-2013, 08:11 PM
At least this post got moved.mine is gone,I bookmarked it and I don't have permission to view it..hopefully this one stays alive

Unruhe
08-09-2013, 08:14 PM
There's a bit of knee-jerking going on here, due largely to the fact that we don't have all of the information from test, yet.

Arsenic_Touch's thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119865-The-SAW-is-dead.) seems to stay relatively up-to-date, mainly because he's updating the thread as he has the time to track down weapons.

The early shots in his thread are from starter weapons, which do all seem to be pretty heavily nerfed. We don't have confirmation if any non-starter, non-SAW weapons have been nerfed yet or not. A non-starter SAW appears to do 300 base damage, down from 400. 25% is a pretty hefty nerf, but unless my math is wrong, this still makes their sustained DPS float between the SMGs (which are now the best sustained DPS weapon discounting crits) and Assault Rifles.

It isn't as bad as it could have been, honestly. The SAW should still viable situationally, especially when you can put its clipsize to full use (crowds, high-HP targets)

I continue to be disappointed that the Thunder, Rocker, and Distruptor (read: every other freaking LMG) are absolutely not ever worth equipping, and seeing those weapons buffed at the same time the SAW was brought down a bit would have made me accept the whole thing better.

As it is, though, I don't feel that it's the end of the world. The SMG is now the best DPS if you can work within its optimal range, the SAW is a sustained-fire, long-range bullet hose, and the AR seems to function best in the gap between the other two weapons' strengths.

hey u
08-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Why kill the game

curriepowda
08-09-2013, 08:19 PM
I will not be using your other CRAP lmgs TRION. Leave the saw alone and stop ruining the game. Why are you scared of buffing other guns to make them stronger? JC you guyz are ****ing morons! !!

hey u
08-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Chat in this game goes in and out so much the saw was my weapon I could fall back on when I was by myself.

Orbital
08-09-2013, 08:30 PM
glad I got all of my pvp pursuits done, they are really trying to kill it

Synthetix
08-09-2013, 08:46 PM
You people are all making this out to be the end of the game. It's nothing more than a simple balance change. I really don't see how this is going to be a huge issue. Okay, it's going to take, what, 20 extra rounds to kill something. Outside of high end PVP, which this game doesn't have (IE; PVP seasons, coordinated PVP), I don't see a percentage nerf making or breaking the game.

The only thing I see as far as weapons and weapon damage goes breaking the game was if there was only one weapon, one nano effect, one EGO power, etc being viable in any given situation. This isn't World of Warcraft, this game doesn't have competitive PVP with seasonal rating and rewards, so quit all the badgering and just enjoy the game for what it is.

We all know this game has it's problems, but you also have to realize that the game has been out for what, five months. It's going to change, a lot, for better and for worse, Trion knows they aren't going to make everyone happy, that's the nature of business. But they also know that this game is still in it's infant stage as far as gaming goes. WoW wasn't set in stone on day one. In fact, they are changing something about the game every week it seems. Patch notes here, hotfixes there, it's the never ending cycle of gaming. Hell, even table top gaming, trading card games, etc make changes all the time even after sets are released. And that's printed text that can not be changed on the fly.

The point is, if you're going to play an MMO, plan on changes to be made, a lot of changes, thoughout it's life span. If you want to play a game that is going to stay exactly the same, no matter how long you play it, go back to your NES and pop in Duck Hunt.

End of story, and best wishes to the Trion Team in all your future gaming experiences.

torch327
08-09-2013, 08:52 PM
i love the saw,but it honestly was way overpowered.being the only gun in the game that uses a real world name(SAW:M249 Squad Automatic Weapon)it should have been more in tune with real world range.as long as the other guns stay the same the SAW will actually be about where it should have been from day one.

Examples of what I mean:

Vbi assault rifle(222 damage) is equivalent to an m4...5.56mm projectile
Frc saw(400 damage) aka m249 saw...5.56mm projectile
Frc assault carbine(300 damage) equivalent to an ak47...7.62mm projectile

The SAW we have been using is more along the lines of an m60(7.62mmprojectile)

piedlpiper
08-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Trion keeps saying they listen to us users, yet, saw's are being nerf'ed over most of the forum's request that saw's not be nerf'ed....

Valethar
08-09-2013, 09:53 PM
LOOT AND AMMO
● Tier 4 chests will now drop improved loot. (GREAT news)

Only if it's a significant improvement more in line with the cost compared to the other boxes. Improving the drop rate by a hundredth of a percent or two won't be much of an improvement.

Atticus Batman
08-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Trion keeps saying they listen to us users, yet, saw's are being nerf'ed over most of the forum's request that saw's not be nerf'ed....

Big deal the saw is only losing likr 100 damage. it is still great. And most of the other nerfs Arsenic mentioned so far are for the starter guns. Starter guns should ALWAYS be weaker anyway!

lynford
08-09-2013, 10:06 PM
i felt the same way, even though the saw looks like a 240b in the first place...lol

Nefarious
08-09-2013, 10:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ateDILJ.png

http://www.miscupload.com/upload/289494322175730576833427.gif

Whats the deal in having to **** with these things for? They aint hurting anyone. They are already worse off then anything else as is. Crap bonus, no Synergies, no nothing. Unlocked 150 arkcodes for this? **** you Trion. Ive only ever said that once. And now this is the second time. **** you.

dominad
08-09-2013, 11:01 PM
This is kind of the point a lot of people have - they can not do anythign right.

I just read through the entire patch notes but was left confused as to if it is a patch or a dlc ???
What benefits do dlc people get just arenas and charge weapons first and the new race?
It seems everything else is available for all players.
Still while many things I disagree with I see they did read the forum there were many complaints about a lot of them.
well done Trion you actually did some work and I can give you credit it for it and even a new release date.
I did say to Chris I would give it another chance if you could make it work so bring this out, implement it, and have a few days of people saying how awesome it is and I will put my disk back in a patch. (Even if you ruined my saw lol) I can not promise I would play for more than a day or two though without content ; still hats off to you for doing the best you can under a constant pile of criticism. Good luck!

jbob spittlewop
08-09-2013, 11:18 PM
The fact that so many people are so butt hurt about the saw nerf is exactly why it needs it. Use logic here, what is the point of having so many guns to choose from if only a select few are truly significant?

marshy
08-09-2013, 11:52 PM
The fact that so many people are so butt hurt about the saw nerf is exactly why it needs it. Use logic here, what is the point of having so many guns to choose from if only a select few are truly significant?

So by your logic NERFing good guns makes crap guns more appealing, that makes lots of sense.
Please can the people who say the saw needs a nerf explain to me how this gun effects them in the game, its no pvp champion gun and it can't effect you in pve

jbob spittlewop
08-10-2013, 12:16 AM
So by your logic NERFing good guns makes crap guns more appealing, that makes lots of sense.
Please can the people who say the saw needs a nerf explain to me how this gun effects them in the game, its no pvp champion gun and it can't effect you in pve

Those crap guns are only considered such because of the alpha gun. Now of course they could buff the other LMGS, but that would do the exact same thing as nerfing the saw... Why rework three guns instead of only one if the outcome is exactly the same? Besides, it's not like using a saw is exactly challenging... They are over powered and from an unbiased standpoint (I don't use LMGS) I can understand it.

Edit: also, even with this nerf the other LMGS still need a serious buff.

marshy
08-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Those crap guns are only considered such because of the alpha gun. Now of course they could buff the other LMGS, but that would do the exact same thing as nerfing the saw... Why rework three guns instead of only one if the outcome is exactly the same? Besides, it's not like using a saw is exactly challenging... They are over powered and from an unbiased standpoint (I don't use LMGS) I can understand it.

NERFing anything will not make the game more of a challenge, it just makes it less FUN and no matter what you nerf 1 weapon will always be OP compared to the rest, take a look at the wolfhound is this the next nerf on the list? Trion only nerf guns because they have no imagination, why didn't they add more recoil, slower movement, slower fire rate etc etc. nope let's nerf everything vehicles, keycodes, guns and with every nerf sucks more FUN out of the game

Gunsmith Dan
08-10-2013, 01:12 AM
Yea Trion has NO CLUE how to balance weapons in a game, which makes sense since they have NO CLUE how to run a game company that can bring large numbers of players.

LMG --- they should be the high damage, high recoil and low fire rate weapons in the game.

Assualts --- Medium damage, medium recoil and medium rate of fire.

SMGs ----- light damage, light recoil, high fire rate or fire.

Pistols ---- varied in all areas

Rockets ---- Should be highest damage in the game ..... shotguns do more damage per shot to large groups faster plus they hold 20 TIMES more ammo. To be Honest Rockets should have all their damages doubled and minimum damage increased to 50% of max damage.

Infectors --- the "EASY" button gun of Defiance and really needs some tweaks on some of the effects it does.

Grenades ---- they REALLY need some damage increase.

FRC Heavy Shotgun ---- are you SERIOULY kidding me it will do the same damage just have more pellets??????????? That is like saying "Hey gonna modify your car to use 2 tanks instead of one tank for storing gas in your car and they both will hold the same amount as the single tank did"???????????

Nano Effects ---- they most definately need to be tied to the fire rate so that fast firing weak weapons actually do enough damage to make them useful. The nano effects should also be a percentage of the base damage of a weapon instead of fixed amounts.

Jokerzwild
08-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Great pop on to see what the deal is heading into DLC and seems we are going to be throwing rocks at the enemies. Should just paint all the weapons crazy neon colors and get NERF to sponsor the game, at least it will be a source of income.

Pipes
08-10-2013, 01:29 AM
People dying of starvation every day
Children suffering in wars
National debt rising
Cancer still has no cure..

OH GOD NO THEY LOWERED THE DAMAGE ON MY VIDEO GAME GUN ITS THE END OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOORRRRLLLLLLDDDDDD !!

GiantInMaine
08-10-2013, 01:36 AM
National debt rising

OH GOD NO THEY LOWERED THE DAMAGE ON MY VIDEO GAME GUN ITS THE END OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOORRRRLLLLLLDDDDDD !!

Shouldn't you be out saving the world or something.

jbob spittlewop
08-10-2013, 01:48 AM
NERFing anything will not make the game more of a challenge, it just makes it less FUN and no matter what you nerf 1 weapon will always be OP compared to the rest, take a look at the wolfhound is this the next nerf on the list? Trion only nerf guns because they have no imagination, why didn't they add more recoil, slower movement, slower fire rate etc etc. nope let's nerf everything vehicles, keycodes, guns and with every nerf sucks more FUN out of the game

Doesn't suck the fun out of it for me, can't imagine why it would for anyone. It's change, it happens, adapt and overcome.

TwwiX
08-10-2013, 01:51 AM
You can thank the PvP whiners for these constant nerfs. They're one of the main reasons why this game is sliding down the ****ter. This is nothing new to MMO's and history has a tendency to repeat itself in this industry.

Trion can send their thanks to these people once they file for bankruptcy.

GiantInMaine
08-10-2013, 01:54 AM
I've never seen a pvp player complain about saws. Lots of other stuff yes and some of them are to blame for most nerfs but I don't think the saw is one of them.

Daed Intercept
08-10-2013, 02:10 AM
Great. So the one weapon that I actually enjoy using is now much worse. Awesome. :mad:

Oh well. I've got plenty of other games from the Steam summer sale to play instead of wasting time trying to PvE with underpowered nerf guns. No need to spend any more on this game as Trion sucks the fun out of an already "grind instead of content" game.

Synthetix
08-10-2013, 06:43 PM
You can thank the PvP whiners for these constant nerfs. They're one of the main reasons why this game is sliding down the ****ter. This is nothing new to MMO's and history has a tendency to repeat itself in this industry.

Trion can send their thanks to these people once they file for bankruptcy.

From the PoV of a PVPer in most games; Detonators, Infectors, Shotguns, and Cloak are a much higher priority to fix when it comes to PVP. SAWs are being nerfed to balance the damage in PVE content, and to make other weapons viable, maybe not appealing, but viable none-the-less, in a PVE environment.

Dark Raven80
08-10-2013, 06:46 PM
The saw Nerf is just another try'n **** up waiting happen...

MindFreak
08-10-2013, 06:54 PM
hahahahaha

Billy Guile
08-10-2013, 08:03 PM
i dont care about pvp AT ALL. and my berzerker shotgun isnt touched. hooray! ^_^

MartyrMarcus
08-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Bawwing from Sawjerkers aside. I for one welcome our new buffed VBI Thunder overlords! 120 Round mag and 14.0 RoF as standard. Mowing things down left and right with this baby.

Also, Nice to see you back around Hope!

fang1192
08-10-2013, 08:40 PM
National debt rising

You're a moron committing a logical fallacy in a debate.

Link: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AppealToWorseProblems

The other guns don't suck because there is a top gun. The other guns suck on their own merits. There will always be a top gun. But it should be a marginal difference, not a monumental gap. Nerfing the SAW does not make me want to use other LMGs, nerfing the SAW makes me want to avoid LMGs like the plague.

krondin
08-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Wheres my PLASMA PULSER! lol .

I've played since alpha testing. I have seen alot of changes amongst many diff weapon types. I do miss my plasma pulser, it was sweet indeed. The most fun i ever had playing Defiance actually. I've adapted and moved on as changes will occur. Now my favorite saw gets another nerf. As if to say raising the recoil wasnt bad enough. Now its going to lowered damage. ../Sigh, but changes will keep occurring. My only problem is basically having fun playing defiance anymore. Since Feb i have used many different combinations of weapons to suit my playstyle and yet i find there isnt much left that goes beyond, Meh...just Ok. If i am not going to be Excited to play and have fun then, like 90% who tried defiance already have, I may find myself playing other games instead.
I will try this DLC and all its changes, but i am not hopeful that the "Excitement" will return, sadly.

PS: I am mostly a PVE player, PVP to me is something i tolerate Only to get pursuits done. Not for fun. So my comments are directed mostly at my PVE experiences. Dont even get me started on all the PVP problems in game atm!

Zergor
08-10-2013, 09:41 PM
The SAW is the only LMG that feels like a LMG. Fix the others. This does not increase my enjoyment of this game. Does it make anyone else enjoy the game more? Trion are you so successful that you want to lose customers?

Atticus Batman
08-10-2013, 10:00 PM
The saw NEEDED a damage nerf even though the other LMGs need some of their other stats buffed.

TwwiX
08-11-2013, 06:43 AM
From the PoV of a PVPer in most games; Detonators, Infectors, Shotguns, and Cloak are a much higher priority to fix when it comes to PVP. SAWs are being nerfed to balance the damage in PVE content, and to make other weapons viable, maybe not appealing, but viable none-the-less, in a PVE environment.

This has nothing to do with balance but has everything to do with this game's lack of content and terrible AI. So, instead of improving the combat mechanics and its brainless, cannon fodder AI they prolong the grind. Talk about lazy. Don't kid yourself. This is hardly a shooter that relies on hand and eye coordination. It's a cookie cutter and barebones MMO hiding behind a spotty "real time combat system". Trion just replaced the constant power cycling with endless amounts of bullet spam. Also, if it was balanced for PvE's sake, then they should have brought the other weapons in its category to its fun level instead of doing the complete opposite.

They've got nothing else left to do at this point than to stagnate the state of the game. They've made that pretty obvious over these past few months.

DarknessEyes PT
08-11-2013, 06:48 AM
Free weapons have been nerfed alots if you can see that weapon is a free one (cannot trade).

The saw has been nerfed, now have 300 dmg (free ones got worst nerf).
The immunizer has been nerfed.
All Assault rifles remain the same (except free ones, "Cannot trade").
Vot Auto Fragger remains the same, all shotguns remain the same (except free ones, "Cannot trade").
At least one lmg got buffed (EMC LMG / VBI LM-43 Thunder)

http://2fun4ucorporation.com/defiance/Weapons.PNG

Arsenic_Touch
08-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Free weapons have been nerfed alots if you can see that weapon is a free one (cannot trade).

The saw has been nerfed, now have 300 dmg (free ones got worst nerf).
The immunizer has been nerfed.
All Assault rifles remain the same (except free ones, "Cannot trade").
Vot Auto Fragger remains the same, all shotguns remain the same (except free ones, "Cannot trade").
At least one lmg got buffed http://2fun4ucorporation.com/defiance/ABug07.PNG

Wouldn't really call it a buff. It still sucks. The damage is the problem on the gun, not the fire rate or mag size.

DarknessEyes PT
08-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Wouldn't really call it a buff. It still sucks. The damage is the problem on the gun, not the fire rate or mag size.

I always liked that LMG because of recoil, i never used saw.
I dont agree that it sucks, now it looks like a VBI Assault Rifle (My favorite weapon)
222 dmg vs 200 dmg
12 fire rate vs 14 fire rate

Billy Guile
08-11-2013, 07:31 AM
charge time on the surge bolter?

Arsenic_Touch
08-11-2013, 07:45 AM

I posted the times here - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?120611-charge-time&p=1141659#post1141659

Billy Guile
08-11-2013, 07:48 AM
I posted the times here - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?120611-charge-time&p=1141659#post1141659

rogerrrr thank you very much

DarknessEyes PT
08-11-2013, 08:40 AM
2.5 to 3 seconds.
Breaks the main shot: Smaller particles DON'T DO 1010 damage.

Arsenic_Touch
08-11-2013, 08:48 AM
I always liked that LMG because of recoil, i never used saw.
I dont agree that it sucks, now it looks like a VBI Assault Rifle (My favorite weapon)
222 dmg vs 200 dmg
12 fire rate vs 14 fire rate

Except the reload is so terrible, the VBI assault rifle comes ahead.

DarknessEyes PT
08-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Except the reload is so terrible, the VBI assault rifle comes ahead.
You sure?

(Without mods)
LMG: 5 seconds / 120 bullets = 0,0416 seconds per bullet.
VBI AR: 2.5 seconds / 45 bullets = 0,0555 seconds per bullet.

You take longer to reload the LMG but the amount of bullets reloaded is much higher.

sub
08-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Just got legendary saw modded it with all blue mods 454 dmg 8.7 fire rate. Saw best describes this weapon as it eats up everything I shoot at. constantly get over 2500dmg against scrapper with yellow light and scorpion like tail that I get 1800 dmg always. that's an example so I will keep this till something better comes my way.