PDA

View Full Version : Wait, wha... AR nerf?

JxSiN
08-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Just saw a pic from the test servers of an AR, it was nerfed too

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119865-The-SAW-is-dead.&p=1134343#post1134343

nitroz76
08-09-2013, 06:01 PM
now what? use SMGs?

JxSiN
08-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Seriously, Trion! First the SAW nerf was waaaaaaayyyy too much. Now a ninja AR nerf? Congratz for putting the nail in the coffin for this game. Please don't release the DLC anymore.

Dave Blackwell
08-09-2013, 06:03 PM
now what? use SMGs?

Use them while you can, they'll get the same treatment sooner or later and why shouldn't they? Just look at how this has panned out since the shotgun 'nerf' since release. One by one, each and every weapon will get some TLC in some form or another. I'm still processing what I had read in that link.

maverick07
08-09-2013, 06:16 PM
It's nerf or nothin! Wow. Those guns got completely smashed. The SAW nerf is outrageous and even the VBI is getting a 25% damage nerf too?

I wonder what else they nerfed. Everything? Hey maybe my Orange Syphon SAW won't become worthless if every other weapon got the nerf bat :). Curious to see other weapons though.

bigdawg21180
08-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Yea I was thinking maybe a 15% nerf on the saw but WOW almost half is horrible. And then to see the VBI AR got almost the same treatment is horrendous

Dave Blackwell
08-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Yea I was thinking maybe a 15% nerf on the saw but WOW almost half is horrible. And then to see the VBI AR got almost the same treatment is horrendous

By the looks of that thread that was linked, everything is getting hit with 'nerfs'.

maverick07
08-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Yeah looks like Bolt Actions and even the VBI Auto Shotties got nerfed too. I was just talking to a friend the other day on how crappy the damage seems on the VBI Auto Shotguns and they get hit lol.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-09-2013, 06:23 PM
If these changes stay I will officially be done with this game. No reason to be nerfing guns this badly when so many other guns just plain suck. Don't even care about DLC anymore as Trion has proven they would only **** it up later on.

SmokeToTheDead
08-09-2013, 06:24 PM
SmokeToTheDeads House of bmgs and bmg mods for all of your bmg needs. lol

Gomly
08-09-2013, 06:25 PM
I just came in to say I have no words for this.

I can't even think of anything witty to say.

That's how bad these nerfs are.

Littleweasel
08-09-2013, 06:25 PM
the nerfing of all the weapons is one of the major reasons why people are leaving the game, i wish they would have just made the pve and pvp seperate from each other and there would not have been any need to nerf the crap out of the weapons making the game more unenjoyable with even nerf patch

Bonehead
08-09-2013, 06:28 PM
what the ****?

GiantInMaine
08-09-2013, 06:28 PM
the nerfing of all the weapons is one of the major reasons why people are leaving the game, i wish they would have just made the pve and pvp seperate from each other and there would not have been any need to nerf the crap out of the weapons making the game more unenjoyable with even nerf patch

The weapons being nerfed really aren't even used that much in pvp which makes it even crazier. So now there is no chance in hell you see someone in pvp with a saw unless they have no clue.

JxSiN
08-09-2013, 06:30 PM
I switched over to my EU account since PS3 NA was down, and I have no desire to even play right now. I've been standing in the same spot and not even looking at my TV

dude26212
08-09-2013, 06:31 PM
have you guys used the weapons yet? im not in the test sever but for all you know the enemies may have slightly lower health. they could be balanceing so no weapon severly stands out above the rest the way it should be

Arsenic_Touch
Hold your horses. Evidently, they nerfed the shtako out of the starter guns and named weapons you get through arkfall codes. I'll continue to update my post in the alpha section as I find the guns.

Ed_Hazard
No dont you see, the have to nerf the SAW and AR's that way the upcoming Volge Seiges and Monolith Arkfalls will turn into hellish grind sessions we can all enjoy.

Dave Blackwell
08-09-2013, 06:32 PM

I hope for a game developer who creates a game in the future where they just straight out tell anyone who cries for a 'nerf' in any sense that it's staying the way it is. Honestly.. 'nerfs' never fix a damn thing, it's just shuffling a deck of cards. The one thing that brought me to Defiance was the fact it appeared to be something that could be enjoyed and not taken seriously.. now I just see this just another game that's edging its way to the edge of the abyss with these pointless 'nerfs'.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Wonder if this was the reaction they stupidly hoped for. Seriously don't understand what direction they want to go, but one thing is certain, this doesn't help restore any faith. Time and time again we get let down. Nothing left to do at this point but to laugh at the mass exodus that will end up crushing what's left of Trion.

dre
08-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Maybe gun stats will increase with ego lvl finally giving us a reason to lvl

theLimper
08-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Garbage. Pure garbage

Unruhe
08-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Too much knee-jerk going on here.

(All?) Stater weapons were nerfed. Assault rifles, in general, appear to not have been touched.

This post (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119865-The-SAW-is-dead.&p=1135213&viewfull=1#post1135213) in this thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119865-The-SAW-is-dead.) by someone awesome enough to hop on test and track this info down for us states that Assault Rifles are safe as of right now.

curriepowda
08-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Im with you, i'm ****ing dun with this game if thay do this . I will salvage all my nerf guns and quit. I want my money back for the season pass. TRION you won't be getting my money any more.

JxSiN
08-09-2013, 08:48 PM
OK, yeah they are finding non-starter weapons and they all seem to be ok. Except for the saw which got uber-nerfed. I was thinking around 350-360 was going to be the new SAW dmg, but it looks like it is around 300. Anyway, I made a comment on another thread about why people started freaking out when seeing a lot of weapons nerfed but not knowing it was just starter weapons. I do believe it holds true

Here is where COMMUNICATION comes into play. If Trion was more vocal and had made it more known that starter weapons were going to be 25% less effective, then I think less people would have flipped out when they started seeing weapons with reduced stats. How would you expect people to react if they weren't sure what was going on? See why Communication is important

nitroz76
08-09-2013, 08:52 PM
OK, yeah they are finding non-starter weapons and they all seem to be ok. Except for the saw which got uber-nerfed. I was thinking around 350-360 was going to be the new SAW dmg, but it looks like it is around 300. Anyway, I made a comment on another thread about why people started freaking out when seeing a lot of weapons nerfed but not knowing it was just starter weapons. I do believe it holds true

Actually, it's 276

GiantInMaine
08-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Actually, it's 276

nope it's 300 we all thought it was 276 at first too but that is just for the machinists gun the one you get when you start the game.

Nefarious
08-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Maybe gun stats will increase with ego lvl finally giving us a reason to lvl

lol Level 5000 master race. That wont be good. Takes away from skill based gameplay.

A s0t
08-09-2013, 09:33 PM
If these changes stay I will officially be done with this game. No reason to be nerfing guns this badly when so many other guns just plain suck. Don't even care about DLC anymore as Trion has proven they would only **** it up later on.

give me your oranges lol

Phantom_x_Raven
08-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Frc Heavy Assault Rifle with 500+ DMG a 2.5 Crit multiplier and a decent 40 Rnd clip with a 3 Rnd burst ftw lol

Valethar
08-09-2013, 09:39 PM

What they should do is just take all the weapons out, give everyone a stick and a rock that do 1 dmg per hit each, and call it done.

GiantInMaine
08-09-2013, 09:45 PM
What they should do is just take all the weapons out, give everyone a stick and a rock that do 1 dmg per hit each, and call it done.

But then the bad players would say the good players shouldn't even get the rock because they keep killing them with it.

Nefarious
08-09-2013, 10:03 PM
But then the bad players would say the good players shouldn't even get the rock because they keep killing them with it.

Nah, its not like that at all. People will nvr complain about "good players" using rock, more like complaining that everyone is using rock. Lol kinda like how it is now.

Valethar
08-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Nah, its not like that at all. People will nvr complain about "good players" using rock, more like complaining that everyone is using rock. Lol kinda like how it is now.

OMG Rock is OP. Buff stick!

Of course, we'd also have everyone complaining that scope mods are decreasing the accuracy of rocks, making it harder to get head shots. :)

Valaska
08-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Ya'll be jumping the gun, they didn't nerf regular weaposn except for the SAW and Immunizer. All of your STARTER weapons or pre-order weapons have been nerfed, I assume to encourage you to play and upgrade.