PDA

View Full Version : What do you enjoy in Defiance?

Speare
08-10-2013, 08:20 AM
I was wondering what everyone else likes about Defiance. I enjoy the variety and open world feel, not to mention the great community and social interactions.

Spiltmilk
08-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Third person shooter with a classless system. Doesn't require any thought, just point and shoot. Good for casual play since you can leave and return without feeling left behind. It's like the game Killing Floor for me; sometimes I just want to blow stuff up, get in some headshots and then log off :p

WARDUKE
08-10-2013, 12:04 PM
I'd of actually preferred classes, but I can appreciate the lack of them and instead have a wide EGO system to add uniqueness to the player base.

Calysia
08-10-2013, 04:56 PM
I like the "sandbox" feel...even if the actual world is rather limited in scope. It's fun going around sniping things while mixing it up with Arkfalls and the odd side mission.

As Spiltmilk said there's no feeling of being behind unlike other MMOs that seem to be all about getting to max level...which essentially doesn't exist in Defiance.

Mike Farad
08-10-2013, 08:28 PM
i like defiance way of dealing with loot, it's like guildwars 2, nobody has to fight for the loot which annoys me in other mmo's.
i like the shooting mechanics in that i can actually aim a gun, instead of tabbing to the next target. it's like fallen earth, only much better.
and i like the pve content.. many mmo's focused on pvp, and so many are plagued with aimbot cheaters.
most of them don't have the budget to deal with cheaters, so i'm glad defiance got an expansive pve to keep me busy.
with the latest patch, i can see it's going the right way, with improving the chat system and adding more type of events. this could be one of the best shooting mmos in the future.
don't know if they gonna add an extensive crafting system like fallen earth, that might be too ambitious.

Billy Guile
08-10-2013, 08:52 PM
As Spiltmilk said there's no feeling of being behind unlike other MMOs that seem to be all about getting to max level...which essentially doesn't exist in Defiance.

there lies the base issue with Defiance. so many of these "veteran" MMO players are so used to that, it is very trying for them to not play in the style of maxing, grinding, and all of those other meaningless tasks. and you'll notice on these forums, the majority of complainers are those that play with that mindset. they want their niche, they want their weapons to beat other players rather than the game, hell-- they play the story just so they can get to better stuff, instead of just enjoying the game. nerf, buff, blahblahblahblah. its all really annoying in the end.

as for what i enjoy:
- texturing. imaginative creations of real world places. although i wish i could max the use of my video cards, because they barely even try to run the game. the environments are an aesthetic tease, and i would love to see the graphics become wayyy sharper and more defined. i know its probably not possible to do so, but i can wish ^_^

- the nature of team work with random people is a definite plus. it is kinda cool to "come to the rescue" of someone being outnumbered, and then the same happening for yourself.

- the small army that materializes on major arkfalls. its sometimes impressive just to sit back and watch. kinda sucks that rendering cannot keep up with 50-100 people, and you see a bunch of that same default guy running around.

- the vehicle mechanics are sometimes wayyyyy too lulzy. i have tried and tried to flip, but am never successful. but it makes for some amusing driving in the mean time. driving around the map is just plain fun. i wish the challenger would go a little faster though. and going uphill shouldnt be an issue with that modified hemi. i hope the map opens up a bit more in the future!

- the story missions have been awesome, and i look forward to completing them. i have been taking my time on doing them. i have seen what happens to people that rush through. screw that nonsense. take in the lore, and take your time. i have yet to be disappointed.

- excited about the patch. bring on those blades!!!!!