PDA

View Full Version : Hard Freeze Increase?

ncanning
08-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Hi, wondering if anyone else has experienced a dramtic increase in hard freezes?

Prior to last night I had had 2 hard freezes in 5 months of playing.

Today, I have already had 4. Each one has happened half way through a co-op, so I would say I am only getting maybe 30 mins of game time before my system locks up (ie, can't power down, can't reset, can't do anything other then pull the plug and reload).

Wondering if during Trion's marathon crash yesturday if there may have been some change that may be causing this too happen.

drackiller
08-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi, wondering if anyone else has experienced a dramtic increase in hard freezes?

Today, I have already had 4. Each one has happened half way through a co-op, so I would say I am only getting maybe 30 mins of game time before my system locks up (ie, can't power down, can't reset, can't do anything other then pull the plug and reload).

Wondering if during Trion's marathon crash yesturday if there may have been some change that may be causing this too happen.
No man, i`ve been playing all afternoon, just stoped for a little while to rest my eyes and get a beer. No freeze 2day yet.
It`s the game, not the console, don`t worry.

Ray186
08-10-2013, 02:45 PM
It's been happening to me too. I just eject the disc and the PS3 reboots with out turning itself off.

Krauser
08-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Hasn't happened to me today, but I only played for a few hours and I log out after every co-op and arkfall. I was getting them on a fairly regular basis for a while. Only freeze about once a week now, and most times it's not a hard freeze. (I just hit the power button)

Were they really bad for you before, or is this your first time? Hopefully it's not going around again.

Cerebra14ssassin
08-10-2013, 04:26 PM

Do not pull the power cord when you hard freeze, just push and hold the power button for 30-40 seconds until you hear the beep. I never knew that before I started playing this game and a friend had told me about it.

drackiller
08-11-2013, 01:39 AM
Do not pull the power cord when you hard freeze, just push and hold the power button for 30-40 seconds until you hear the beep. I never knew that before I started playing this game and a friend had told me about it.

That works yes, sometimes you don`t need to hold the button that long.

One thing that might help preventing hard freezes is to defrag the disc.
Other thing is to clean your disc from old installations of games that you don`t play anymore freeing space in your hard disc thus making your PS3 faster. Because it`s mainly a memory problem of the PS3.

There is one thing that you can do once in a while:
1- Hold the the power button (all the way) to tun on , let the PS give some bips and turn off again. Allways holdind the button till it turns off.
2-Hold again the power button till it turn on (she will bip at turn on), wait untill it gives 1 bip followed by two fast bips, then take the finger off the button.
Very important, you need to have your usb charging cord at hand.
3- It will appear one screen with some options, you must only use:
OPTION 3 and OPTION 4.

You can only do one otion at the time, so you need to repeat the process to each option.

I hope this can help, i use this once a week.

Vicious VP
08-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Remember 'guys', if you are getting freezes of lock-up's, post here!

Who has HARD LOCKS - CONSOLE FREEZES - Chime In: Trion Wants To Know (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119750-%95-%95-%95-Who-has-HARD-LOCKS-CONSOLE-FREEZES-Chime-In-Trion-Wants-To-Know-%95-%95-%95)

Thanks!