PDA

View Full Version : Re: Preloaded currency cards....

Kable
03-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Its a good idea to stop companies which thrive on selling MMO currency, but kind of crappy because you know ppl that are richer than others or kids with rich parents are going to abuse it and be the ones with everything good therefore ruining any chance of a decent in game economy or farming system.....

Good job Devs......

Flame on!

Defy
03-30-2013, 04:27 PM
well you dont have to buy that currency to win

anyway Trion needs to make money somehow so they can add content and stuff. It's either that or monthly subscription which wouldve had other ppl complaining

CReaper210
03-30-2013, 04:33 PM
It's not pay to win. I usually hate games with microtransactions, but as I've said before in other threads, it costs the devs money to keep the servers running and to give us constant updates, so I'm fine with it here. It's better than being subscription based.

GT3000
03-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Its a good idea to stop companies which thrive on selling MMO currency, but kind of crappy because you know ppl that are richer than others or kids with rich parents are going to abuse it and be the ones with everything good therefore ruining any chance of a decent in game economy or farming system.....

Good job Devs......

Flame on!

If you're talking Bits then you should be able (especially if being sold on Steam) to purchase Steam Wallet cards at most major retailers (Best Buy, Amazon, GAME, Gamestop, TESCO, Walmart..) to purchase Bits in-game. If you're talking Scrip which the in-game cash, then I wouldn't worry about it. You'll end up getting much more scrip than you'll ever need.

Bits = Cash Shop currency

Kable
03-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Didn't think about that. I guess it could be worse. Just hope the game is awesome.

Jardian
03-30-2013, 05:58 PM
ROFL the bits for ingame stuff is mostly fashion items and boosts If your spaming it on lock boxs your not to smart since you can get those ingame for free or the same weapons off a vendor/drop lol.

Sakara
03-30-2013, 06:03 PM
well you dont have to buy that currency to win

anyway Trion needs to make money somehow so they can add content and stuff. It's either that or monthly subscription which wouldve had other ppl complaining

Pretty much this.^ Personally I generally prefer a single monthly charge in online games, so that I can budget it each month. However, with the prevalence of subscription games with cash shops out now, I have started moving towards favoring the GW2 and Defiance models.

ironhands
03-30-2013, 06:17 PM

Good job Devs......

Flame on!

everything good like..... character skins? different vehicles? Nothing that can be bought is important to gameplay, and anything you might argue could be, is attainable without the currency.

Avenger
03-30-2013, 07:33 PM
I can see benefits to having more inventory space, but most of the rest of the stuff that was shown in the beta was either cosmetic or to speed up your progression

Durva360
03-30-2013, 07:38 PM
I'd rather they do micro transactions to raise money to pay for the servers then have to pay a monthly fee. However if it did come down to it I'd still pay every month to play Defiance.

Mur
03-30-2013, 08:06 PM

Good job Devs......

Flame on!

I would hate to be poorer than some rich guy's kid, and to find this out inside a game world we both share.

Mack
03-30-2013, 09:21 PM
As long as you cannot buy Over powered weapons then im fine with people paying money for double exp just so they can level up go for it.

Monkheal
03-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Somewhere on Arkfall.com i think it was is a video of the different things u can buy with bits. NONE of them are gamebreaking that will make it pay-to-win like diablo or anything unless u consider inventory slots, xp boosts and cosmetic items something necessary to win. Personally I like not having to pay 15 a month for a game that I can enjoy finally.

Arinzal
03-30-2013, 10:35 PM
Mnkheal this isn't a pay to win game you only get xp boost and scrip boost and cosmetic stuff like vehicles and outfits nothing to buy to win.

Chio Raver
03-30-2013, 10:44 PM
ROFL the bits for ingame stuff is mostly fashion items and boosts If your spaming it on lock boxs your not to smart since you can get those ingame for free or the same weapons off a vendor/drop lol.
HELLBUG Mount!!' FTW!!! :D