PDA

View Full Version : Character Creation: Question

Vicious VP
08-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Since I only have one character created, when creating a new character, are any or all of your characters stats kept or do you have to start from scratch?

Meaning: I'm almost at 3K on my character Devhan Thane.
If say, I make a new one that uses some of the new Casti DLC options or the ones we have now ...

will it be the same ego level?
Will I get to use the same weapons?
Will I have the same perks?
Will I have to start all over again at 0 EGO?

Any help would be great.

GiantInMaine
08-10-2013, 04:33 PM
If you make a new one yes everything will start over but from what I understand you can change your existing character into whatever you want without losing anything once if you pay for the dlc.

Gomly
08-10-2013, 04:37 PM
A new character starts with nothing.

What you currently have does not carry over.

When the dlc is released you will get 1 chance to change your current character but any new character will still start from scratch.

Vicious VP
08-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the info ... but ... if this is the case: why would you EVER want to start over?

If you have spent 100's of hours getting a good EGO and assorted stuff, why start again at zero?

That seems like a colossal wast of time and energy, mostly for the sake of changing the way you look.

NomadPhx
08-10-2013, 04:44 PM
will your outfits still look the same on a castithan body? i enjoy my free riveter outfit with complimentary Purifier shotty and would like to continue using after my trans-species sexy change lol

MartyrMarcus
08-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the info ... but ... if this is the case: why would you EVER want to start over?

If you have spent 100's of hours getting a good EGO and assorted stuff, why start again at zero?

That seems like a colossal wast of time and energy, mostly for the sake of changing the way you look.

The same reason someone like me who never delved into pvp (Where racial bonuses mattered) in WoW had a character of every race Horde-side. Because I can. Also Troll females. Love dem Troll females.

Gomly
08-10-2013, 04:46 PM
will your outfits still look the same on a castithan body? i enjoy my free riveter outfit with complimentary Purifier shotty and would like to continue using after my trans-species sexy change lol

There are changes in how the outfits look but nothing too major.

MartyrMarcus
08-10-2013, 04:51 PM

Create a new Casti when the DLC comes out to see what the outfits look like before deciding on a race change. That's what I'm going to do, a Dev (I think it was Trick during the K-TAM interview) said the Casti's have a very medieval feel to their outfits.

WARDUKE
08-10-2013, 04:53 PM
If you go on the Alpha Test Server, you can see that in the CLAIM section of the UI, there is a character model/name item. If you claim this item, the next time you go to log into that character, you will be taken to the character model/name area prior to getting back in the game.

Also, there is no way to cancel this once you have claimed it, so be careful not to waste it.

Krauser
08-10-2013, 05:05 PM

I started over once at the beginning when I realized I had screwed up my character. I also created an Irath guy to have someone else to play as. It is a lot easier once you know what is and isn't worth using/keeping.

I thought about starting over with a Castithan on the EU servers. I don't think I care that much now.

Tilarium
08-10-2013, 05:23 PM
What I wonder is if they'll add in a new character slot or offer new ones for sales. I want to make a Casti. Yes yes, I know I can make one of my existing characters a Casti, but I don't want to. I'm a role player, all 4 of my characters has a role and a back story. Want to make another one.

Calysia
08-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Is there a limit on the number of characters you can have per server?

Atticus Batman
08-10-2013, 05:28 PM

there's a total limit though I am not sure what it is since I only have 1 Character.

Gomly
08-10-2013, 05:33 PM

4 as far as I know.

Tilarium
08-11-2013, 04:54 AM
It's 4. I'm hoping with the DLC they'll either give us an extra slot or allow us to buy more slots. I'm buy more if they offer.

Arsenic_Touch
08-11-2013, 05:12 AM
It's 4. I'm hoping with the DLC they'll either give us an extra slot or allow us to buy more slots. I'm buy more if they offer.

This isn't coming with the DLC, however it is something they are aware of and will most likely try to do something about it later.

marshy
08-11-2013, 05:29 AM
This isn't coming with the DLC, however it is something they are aware of and will most likely try to do something about it later.

How's everything going on the test server, will we be pleased with the new things in the DLC

Arsenic_Touch
08-11-2013, 05:54 AM
How's everything going on the test server, will we be pleased with the new things in the DLC

Sieges are awesome, the volge are even harder now.
Arena are annoying me right now, some like them, some hate them.
Charge pistols and sniper rifles are insane, charge shotguns kind of suck.
Working on getting my charge blade.

marshy
08-11-2013, 05:58 AM
Sieges are awesome, the volge are even harder now.
Arena are annoying me right now, some like them, some hate them.
Charge pistols and sniper rifles are insane, charge shotguns kind of suck.
Working on getting my charge blade.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it, feels like we've be waiting forever and now its nearly here. It's good that we can get proper info off players that are actually playing it, it confirms it exists.