PDA

View Full Version : Pump shotgun reload change

Dracian
08-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Hi !

Dunno if someone mentioned it before, but now, Pump Shotguns needs to be fully reloaded if you want to shoot again. Reload can however be interrupted by zooming, rolling or meleeing.

Pretty annoying, to say the truth.

Anyone knows if it's a bug or a "working as intended" feature ?

Skandrannon
08-11-2013, 04:43 PM
I've head it from others, so it isn't just you.

I don't remember reading anything about changing how they work in the patch notes. Not saying I couldn't have missed it, but I don't remember either way.

Well, these are the Alpha forums. I imagine they are reading these to get input on how things are working. You posted this on a Sunday, so they might not reply to it until tomorrow.

How 'bout it Trion peeps.. can we get someone to weigh in on this question? Simple one. Was the change to shotgun reloading on purpose or not?

I know MMO communities are pretty hostile creatures, this one being a tad bit more vicious than some... This will become a complaint, then a hotspot, and then people will start yelling nerf. Avoid all of the speculation, and let us know if it was intentional or not.

And, in the case that it was intentional, let us know why.

Tekrunner
08-12-2013, 04:30 AM
If it is intentional, I don't really understand the reasoning behind it. Especially since you can still interrupt the reloading if you perform some specific actions. Maybe this is an attempt to nerf these shotguns in PvP? If this is the case, I'd suggest at least boosting their reload speed, because right now they're very hard to use in PvE.

Skandrannon
08-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Or not... maybe I thought too much of them. I mean, I know they're busy, but it would take someone just a min to reply with a yes or no.

meh

/disappoint

RealHoosier07
08-13-2013, 07:04 PM
The shotguns are only good if you use the right perks....and have a gun with 25% stowed weapon reloaded on a kill. I'll use an AR or LMG with my shotgun and use the perk that reloads 9% of stowed weapons clip every second. One of my AR's has 25% of stowed weapon reloaded on a kill also. These combined make the shotgun pretty great because you never have to reload it. Just pull out your AR, kill some ****, then pull out your fully loaded shotgun and go to town. lol It works pretty well.

Heinzlee
08-13-2013, 10:13 PM
The shotguns are only good if you use the right perks....and have a gun with 25% stowed weapon reloaded on a kill. I'll use an AR or LMG with my shotgun and use the perk that reloads 9% of stowed weapons clip every second. One of my AR's has 25% of stowed weapon reloaded on a kill also. These combined make the shotgun pretty great because you never have to reload it. Just pull out your AR, kill some ****, then pull out your fully loaded shotgun and go to town. lol It works pretty well.

That's a great way to work around the problem, but this change is definately a problem.
Being able to fire while reloading is really handy in PvP and I guess any other difficult situation.

Mess7739
08-13-2013, 10:59 PM
It doesn't need to be reloaded completely in real life, its a Pump, why would they change it for the game? :confused: The Combats & Sawed-offs needing full reloads I understand, even though the Sawed-offs have 2 barrels and can still fire if one is loaded in real life, but the Pump? They might as well just get rid of the Pumps all together and put the exp points from their weapon skill into the other shotgun skills. If they're "tweeking" it for PvP then they should increase the scatter shot shotguns' spread to minimize damage to individual targets (making the scatter shots more "crowd control"), increase recoil in the Combats & Sawed-offs, increase damage of Combats a bit & leave the Pumps alone. I like my Pump Shotgun.

blujoker
08-14-2013, 12:28 AM
Actually I went back and checked on the sawed-off shotguns cause I can sometimes fire just one barrel depending on the exact reload animation on live, and it suffers from the same issue of either forcing a full reload or interrupting it with a zoom, roll, etc. as the pump shotgun on the alpha. I was playing with a courier which has two loading animations for loading each chamber.

nateD
08-15-2013, 05:48 AM
Pretty annoying, to say the truth.

Anyone knows if it's a bug or a "working as intended" feature ?

I too would like to know.
"Pretty annoying" is a very gentle term, and I really hope this is kind of bug and will be fixed asap.

nateD
08-29-2013, 09:06 AM
So, will we get any information, whether it's a bug (if this is a bug, when this will be fixed) or intentional change (would be great to know the reason)?

...or we gonna talk about the upcoming PAX?

Orbital
08-29-2013, 03:52 PM
I hope they fix this, so you can interrupt reloading with fire like before. It is stupid to have to melee, zoom, roll as the only way to break an already long reload with such a small mag.

Troy Shepard
08-29-2013, 05:37 PM
I hope they fix this, so you can interrupt reloading with fire like before. It is stupid to have to melee, zoom, roll as the only way to break an already long reload with such a small mag.

And change it soon. It was nice the way it was before :)

Asia
08-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Sawed-offs reload is terrible/ it consists of 3 stages
1 open chambers - AND ITS NOT AFFECTED BY RELOAD BONUSES OR PERKS
2 -1st bullet - bonusses and perks applies but total reload time changes a bit
3 -2nd bullet - same here

Dracian
08-30-2013, 01:26 AM

So that's why so many of my friends had the feeling their reload time was longer than before...

Tayxo
08-30-2013, 03:05 AM

Is anybody still using sawed off shotguns? The Nano Fragger is completely useless in my opinion. Reload takes to long, reload is forced to restart by everything (fly landing on the barrel, slight wind, enemies looking at you...), damage got reduced to a point where almost every other shotgun is better.
It was a fun gun, but now it's just a easy way to die.

Dracian
08-30-2013, 04:00 AM
Is anybody still using sawed off shotguns? The Nano Fragger is completely useless in my opinion. Reload takes to long, reload is forced to restart by everything (fly landing on the barrel, slight wind, enemies looking at you...), damage got reduced to a point where almost every other shotgun is better.
It was a fun gun, but now it's just a easy way to die.

I still see many players using Nano Fraggers on a regular basis, both in PvE and in PvP. FRC Sawed-Off seem less popular, though.

Oh, and VBI Courier is a Sawed-Off too and it's a very popular gun in PvP.

Tekrunner
08-30-2013, 06:09 AM
So that's why so many of my friends had the feeling their reload time was longer than before...

Sawed-off reloading has always worked like that though, with the "open chamber" part of it not affected by reload bonuses.
That said, yesterday when playing with a nano-fragger I felt like reloading was taking reaaaaally long. I hadn't played with one for a little while though, so I couldn't say whether the patch changed anything there.

Listen2Me
08-30-2013, 06:26 AM
Sawed-off reloading has always worked like that though, with the "open chamber" part of it not affected by reload bonuses.
That said, yesterday when playing with a nano-fragger I felt like reloading was taking reaaaaally long. I hadn't played with one for a little while though, so I couldn't say whether the patch changed anything there.

I know that my so2-courier had its reload time at least doubled because of the fact that you used to be able to fire as soon as the second round was put into the chamber but after the patch you have to wait for the gun to close and return to a firing position before you are actually able to fire the weapon.

Tekrunner
08-30-2013, 06:37 AM
I know that my so2-courier had its reload time at least doubled because of the fact that you used to be able to fire as soon as the second round was put into the chamber but after the patch you have to wait for the gun to close and return to a firing position before you are actually able to fire the weapon.

Ah, I see. So this is probably the same problem as for rocket launchers and pump shotguns: if I don't interrupt it, my VOT fragger can only be fired once it's returned to a firing position. Have you tried aiming and firing as soon as the second round is in the chamber?