PDA

View Full Version : Charge blade pics?

x3kingsheat136x
08-11-2013, 02:15 AM
Can someone post a picture of one? In use and in the view weapon screen. Thanks

Arsenic_Touch
08-11-2013, 02:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/e1tHQ9P.png

These are the vendor ones. They cost scrip + rep. The orange blade also requires 1,000 rep.
Okay, the green one is from the quest. I assume there's also a white one that is weaker still compared to the green.

Screenshots of it being used.

http://i.imgur.com/riR7Zra.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4u1iwId.jpg
This is the charge attack, you stop moving and do a punishing attack that is easy to dodge.

http://i.imgur.com/U3P4QYU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MmgzpGp.jpg
This is the jump attack, it attacks all enemies nearby and knocks them back.

X64
08-11-2013, 02:46 AM
My prediction: they look like cattle prods, lack luster and sword glow. They swing like a hammer too when you right click it, not even wind or ground bits notifying that it's an AOE attack (by game experience, only greatswords can make a "hammering" AOE effect and not one-handed swords).

Well, that is just my prediction. I may be right or wrong. If it's really a charge hammer, the Art Director should look at it again because swords aren't hammers. :)

Still downloading the Alpha, hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: Turns out that I'm partly wrong even from the start. It looks exactly like the E3 Video, they do have AOE effects after the right click. It's my bad I didn't watch it in 1080p the first time.

Weapon glow is nice and its lighting is working as intended. Swing effects are okay, too. Turns out I had the blurry eyes back then, kudos instead to the Art Director. May I just say, WHOA. Nice job.

Although I did not like how the jumping was supposed to be that slow and wasn't fluid jumping from a one-hand sword. The skill casting time is not a problem, it's just that the animation needs to be slightly reworked. These are my suggestions for consideration:

If animation time should be 2 seconds at all these suggestions,
1. needs a higher jump animation because the jump animation right now is too slow for a 1h sword.
2. Fast ascend, slightly freeze in mid air like a slow-mo effect, then fast descend.
3. charge animation then fast jump animation to compensate.

More gore should be added even to energy weapons in general. Only metal fragments from berzerker shotguns spill the blood when you shoot humanoids at the foot. More blood/metal/hellbug chunks should be spilled.

The design of the charge blade is simple as it is, though I called it a cattle prod because the edges weren't rounded even at the top. I understand the gap in between is to preserve Castithan Lore.

Your Dual-Blade wielder,

X64

Arsenic_Touch
08-11-2013, 02:50 AM
Okay, updated the pictures of one in use, a clan member has one.

mcshulte
08-11-2013, 03:18 AM
I want them all....

Billy Guile
08-11-2013, 03:31 AM
do you guys think this will introduce a whole new melee combat system? that would be awesome

Arsenic_Touch
08-11-2013, 03:38 AM
We did a test. The jump attack on a green charge blade completely obliterated the shields of a 1500 something capacity rhino and caused the player to fly back. With intimidation, you could theoretically finish them off while they're knocked back with a few slashes if not instantly.

Billy Guile
08-11-2013, 03:40 AM
might actually try pvp after the dlc ^_^

X64
08-11-2013, 03:42 AM
Heck yeah we want them all. A melee system would be nice. It puts the art of melee combat in a game. :)

I foresee Charge Blades diversifying in the future:

Slow Aspd = big chunk of damage, hard to aim, slower charge time
Med Aspd = somewhere in between, like right now
Fast Aspd = lower damage near 1/2 of current, needs more clicks to charge well but deals decent damage if performed well.

I'd go for the fast one and do a click-a-thon. :)

Another type of Charge blade that I'm dreaming of is *looks at avatar*

Billy Guile
08-11-2013, 03:51 AM
Heck yeah we want them all. A melee system would be nice. It puts the art of melee combat in a game. :)

I forsee Charge Blades diversifying in the future:

Slow Aspd = big chunk of damage, hard to aim, slower charge time
Med Aspd = somewhere in between, like right now
Fast Aspd = lower damage near 1/2 of current, needs more clicks to charge well but deals decent damage if performed well.

I'd go for the fast one and do a click-a-thon. :)

Another type of Charge blade that I'm dreaming of is *looks at avatar*

devil may cry style moves would be the [censored]

X64
08-11-2013, 04:07 AM
devil may cry style moves would be the [censored]

Since you've mentioned it, they should add variety to the slashes. Slash 1, 2 and 3 for normal should be varied with 3-4 sets of differences to eliminate boredom with slashing repetitively. :)

Billy Guile
08-11-2013, 06:26 AM
i would love it. ever since i figured out how to increase my melee damage, i have been using a combo of berzerker shotgun/melee/blur to conduct attacks. i usually save the ranged weapons for hitting the big stuff at arkfalls that require pinpoint shooting. a slash style with the blades would be even better and totally worth diving in headfirst like i do. i just picked up a purple regenerator 2D today that has a wicked 40% regen per second that makes it even more fun

theLimper
08-11-2013, 06:40 AM
So what you're saying is PvP will become charge attack, switch to BMG/SMG and ****?

curriepowda
08-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Don't worry thay will nerf them into the ground just like every thing else, because of a couple cry babies.

Atticus Batman
08-11-2013, 03:47 PM
My prediction: they look like cattle prods, lack luster and sword glow. They swing like a hammer too when you right click it, not even wind or ground bits notifying that it's an AOE attack (by game experience, only greatswords can make a "hammering" AOE effect and not one-handed swords).

Well, that is just my prediction. I may be right or wrong. If it's really a charge hammer, the Art Director should look at it again because swords aren't hammers. :)

Still downloading the Alpha, hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: Turns out that I'm partly wrong even from the start. It looks exactly like the E3 Video, they do have AOE effects after the right click. It's my bad I didn't watch it in 1080p the first time.

Weapon glow is nice and its lighting is working as intended. Swing effects are okay, too. Turns out I had the blurry eyes back then, kudos instead to the Art Director. May I just say, WHOA. Nice job.

Although I did not like how the jumping was supposed to be that slow and wasn't fluid jumping from a one-hand sword. The skill casting time is not a problem, it's just that the animation needs to be slightly reworked. These are my suggestions for consideration:

If animation time should be 2 seconds at all these suggestions,
1. needs a higher jump animation because the jump animation right now is too slow for a 1h sword.
2. Fast ascend, slightly freeze in mid air like a slow-mo effect, then fast descend.
3. charge animation then fast jump animation to compensate.

More gore should be added even to energy weapons in general. Only metal fragments from berzerker shotguns spill the blood when you shoot humanoids at the foot. More blood/metal/hellbug chunks should be spilled.

The design of the charge blade is simple as it is, though I called it a cattle prod because the edges weren't rounded even at the top. I understand the gap in between is to preserve Castithan Lore.

Your Dual-Blade wielder,

X64

The gap is a blood fuller wich is there to make the blade lightweight and easier to swing (and rumored to be used for blood letting ceromonies in olden times), though an open topped fuller does seem unique.

Tyger
08-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Oh man, Oh man, Oh man, Oh man, Oh man, Oh man.....

I don't care if I do send the pvp kids crying to the forums..... It's worth it just to have those shinnies.

:S

How does one wait for 6 DAYS!!!Questionmarks!!!

Arsenic_Touch
08-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Now that I've used them a little, with some minor melee builds, they don't seem that great and will most likely not dominate in pvp.
Now the charge weapons? those are going to get some tears.

Razzad
08-15-2013, 12:34 PM
In my opinion the charge blade feels bit clumsy, all movement is pretty much interrupted when you attack.
The one i got looks good though so i guess that's something.

Detoxia
08-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Can you get charge blades in random loot boxes? So that you can trade them and thier would be more of a variety in the stats and abilities? Also their seems to be 1 mod slot is that for the grip?

MindFreak
08-15-2013, 08:32 PM
"staring endlessly as drool rolls down my face" i want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy Guile
08-15-2013, 08:45 PM
this has been my face ever since i started hearing about this wonderful thing

http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/AWWWW+_750156548344df9d630f27503e66e58d.jpg