PDA

View Full Version : new scopes?

avon bark5dale
08-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Can anyone tell me which scopes are becoming the iron sight scopes or whatever the news is? Lots of rumors going around and I just wanted to know what the news is before Modding my guns

GiantInMaine
08-11-2013, 01:42 PM
I don't think anyone knows. For all I know the person that said all this probably doesn't even work for them anymore. I hope they do fix it though because it sucks putting some of those scopes on certain guns.

JxSiN
08-11-2013, 01:46 PM
I actually hope they don't change it. I went through a lot of trouble testing out which scopes I wanted to use on my weapons and really enjoy the ones I decided on. Now a few of those are at risk of becoming 3rd person scopes. What they should do is change the stabilization scopes over to 3rd person or add a new 3rd person scope altogether. Then give us the option to remove one mod at a time instead of all 4.

GiantInMaine
08-11-2013, 01:47 PM
I actually hope they don't change it. I went through a lot of trouble testing out which scopes I wanted to use on my weapons and really enjoy the ones I decided on. Now a few of those are at risk of becoming 3rd person scopes. What they should do is change the stabilization scopes over to 3rd person or add a new 3rd person scope altogether. Then give us the option to remove one mod at a time instead of all 4.

Yeah I can understand that too. It might make me dislike a few of my guns also but there are just certain guns I would like to get the bonus for but not be constrained so much when I ADS.

Rigir
08-11-2013, 01:50 PM
I used a Stabilization 2 sight on my AR and SMG. These are indeed 3rd person scopes, they give -0.20 accuracy and x0.90 movement accuracy (same stats as before). I believe this is the only 3rd person scope for AR/SMG/LMG. You cannot remove one mod at a time, it's all or nothing.

GiantInMaine
08-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Or maybe they could just not change anything and add a couple new scopes.

JxSiN
08-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Or maybe they could just not change anything and add a couple new scopes.

That would be the best thing

maverick07
08-11-2013, 03:51 PM
I used a Stabilization 2 sight on my AR and SMG. These are indeed 3rd person scopes, they give -0.20 accuracy and x0.90 movement accuracy (same stats as before). I believe this is the only 3rd person scope for AR/SMG/LMG. You cannot remove one mod at a time, it's all or nothing.

Thank you for the info. So it seems the ones that give movement accuracy were made third person scopes, but I thought that original Dev thread also mentioned other AR sights, so those were unchanged?

I did see a picture earlier of a Telescopic Sight in a vendor. Looks like the description for the mod says what the level of zoom is for the scopes now.

Atticus Batman
08-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Hope this helps.

It will take me longer to track down everything in that thread from June - the info I posted yesterday came from the team yesterday. It's far less precise, but yes: we're still working on that aspect.

We'll release patch notes and updates of that sort as things get finalized. In the meantime, I'll track down particulars - but I want to hold on promising specifics till they are actually in the patches for the game. That's the way I favor doing it.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?118875-are-scope-mods-changes-still-happening&p=1128555&viewfull=1

N7_Legion
08-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Heres a BMG scope. Dunno why its a tier III but is white and cost less? Funny too, because bmg scopes aren't listed at the vendor... only this special... A bug perhaps.

http://i40.tinypic.com/1l021.jpg

WhiteF8ng
08-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Heres a BMG scope. Dunno why its a tier III but is white and cost less? Funny too, because bmg scopes aren't listed at the vendor... only this special... A bug perhaps.

http://i40.tinypic.com/1l021.jpg

Yeah probably a overlooked adjustment like the pistol mods. And that tier I launcher scope that pops up in the vendor specials. Oh, and look, it increases range. I shall ready my bio loadout for the laser kangaroos in PvP...