PDA

View Full Version : Hearing Impaired headphone suggestions?

Hornbaker
03-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Alright, so this will be my 1st MMO (there's your warning right there) but I'm really getting into it and loved the BETA. I'm not a long time CoD player either, so back off on your initial stereotype of me and my playing skills (or lack thereof HAH!).

However, I am hearing impaired and although I'm wanting to ultimately use a headphone/mic for chatting with guilds/clans, etc...what would others suggest I check out? Even though I'm a longtime gamer, I've never used them before with the games I've played. I have a Bluetooth keyboard I'm hoping I can use with my PS3 but is a keyboard really useful in a game like this? All headphone use, no keyboard use? Preferences?

The reason I mention my hearing loss is that I haven't been able to find a proper headphone unit that will work with my hearing aid, although I haven't searched too hard. however, if everyone here says go the headset route, I can probably do some more research with hearing impaired forums.

Thanks for your suggestions/comments!

velvet
03-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Alright, so this will be my 1st MMO (there's your warning right there) but I'm really getting into it and loved the BETA. I'm not a long time CoD player either, so back off on your initial stereotype of me and my playing skills (or lack thereof HAH!).

However, I am hearing impaired and although I'm wanting to ultimately use a headphone/mic for chatting with guilds/clans, etc...what would others suggest I check out? Even though I'm a longtime gamer, I've never used them before with the games I've played. I have a Bluetooth keyboard I'm hoping I can use with my PS3 but is a keyboard really useful in a game like this? All headphone use, no keyboard use? Preferences?

The reason I mention my hearing loss is that I haven't been able to find a proper headphone unit that will work with my hearing aid, although I haven't searched too hard. however, if everyone here says go the headset route, I can probably do some more research with hearing impaired forums.

Thanks for your suggestions/comments! turtlebeach are over ear so the might work but idk about interference or feed back issues from them.

zartanyen
03-31-2013, 05:19 AM
I would suggest going down to a best buy or gamestop and trying out the turtle beach head sets in store and see what you think.

Vuule
03-31-2013, 05:37 AM
You mention chat.. Do you want a headphone that helps with the game sounds, or chat? There are many headsets out there with a control box, that let's you control the chat and game volume seperately. So you might want to look for those. Some of the known brands that have these are Turtlebeach, Tritton and Astros.

And since you've posted this in the PS3 sub-forum, take a look at the Playstation 3 Pulse Wireless Headset. Also lets you control the game and chat volume seperately, it's 7.1 surround sound (stereo, so not the "real deal").

All of these also work with your PC and most of them are over ear fit.

daimonding
09-11-2013, 02:18 AM
may be the headphone site can help you. www.drebeatshome.com (http://www.drebeatshome.com)