PDA

View Full Version : Looking for answers from the DEV team pls

Shtakotaco
08-11-2013, 10:20 PM
I posted some questions in another persons post who decided to close his post before I got any answers from Trion. Im not going to keep posting these I would like to give it one attempt with my own thread. I got the questions answered by a fellow community person not anyone related to trion and they where all speculation and generalizations that I don't care to hear I already know what your saying BJwyler what I am looking for is an attempt from Trion something official. If they can't answer certain questions or we don't need to know certain things they can decided and say so. What I'm looking for is an attempt at my questions.

Ok the problem I see is lack of substance. This is just a spiral of confusion and will continue until answers are brought forth. Here are a few questions I'm sure others are wondering as well.

What caused the delays with development?(Maybe a list of known issues)

Is it possible these delays may come up again in the future and how can we prevent them?

Who is working on fixing specific bugs and issues in the game and are the bugs possible to fix with the resources Trion has at the moment? If not are they going to be addressed in the future or accepted as ongoing issues?

What are the issues with implementing certain suggested or promised items or content into the live game? Are these things being worked on for future implementing or scrapped due to restraints? Can we compromise or suggest changes to ideas that may allow them to work ingame?

What is being done if anything to compensate the community for losses such as bits, boosts(lost or that never worked), loot and rewards due to crashes? What is the best way to receive this compensation if available?

How can we help the Trion team as a community?

What can we expect in the future more of the same or how has Trion taken action to improve the gameplay, communication, development and support of the game?

Why not develop a starter guide of some sort even if just a consolidated location of community guides readily available and easily assessable to new and old players alike? And if using community guides can staff verify and confirm information provided such as drop rates and working synergies mods and items currently live in game?

We are a COMMUNITY and love this game and want to help it but we need to be allowed to assist you. Before we can give feedback on what we want we need to know what Trion is honestly willing and able to provide.

Wiggle Pooh
08-11-2013, 10:38 PM
I see. Tell us if you can make it rain, before we ask it.

Shtakotaco
08-11-2013, 10:49 PM

No we have already provided lots of input what im saying is instead of continual flinging of pooh lol... why not communicate with us a little we get tons of promises and grand ideas tossed at us but a little insight into the limitations and struggles the dev team encounter would def help put things into perspective. I know im asking alot above but im looking for an attempt on Trions part. Even 1 answer would be appreciated.

KeevanSixx
08-11-2013, 11:58 PM

I can, if you'll be so kind as to stand at the bottom of this here ladder while I finish my beer, I can grant you your wish....

Op, I wish you luck with your search....a lot of those questions seemed geared towards the internal mechanics of the corporation, and may not truly get answered to your satisfaction.

only question I could possibly answer for you would be the "what can we as a community do to help?"

everyone has their opinions, both good and bad....

my recommendation would be to keep on giving suggestions, positive feedback, ideas, and kudos in their appropriate threads, and be truthfull to yourselves in regards to things that may be broken and try to give helpfull intel in your postings. negativity breeds stupidity, unless channeled into positive feedback that someone higher up may (or may not) utilize to make everyone's experience better.

in the meantime....get ready Pooh, I've almost finished my beer.....

Blondin
08-12-2013, 01:36 AM
What is being done if anything to compensate the community for losses such as bits, boosts(lost or that never worked), loot and rewards due to crashes? What is the best way to receive this compensation if available?
You join this forum in august and you already ask for compensation?

Shtakotaco
08-12-2013, 01:51 AM
You join this forum in august and you already ask for compensation?

Ive been around for much longer just haven't felt the need to create an account on the forum side. These questions are not just for me Ive seen many of the same questions unanswered hidden in other posts. I feel these forums have a lack of direction putting out fires in 1000's of threads but no consolidation where the community can rebuild their trust. I find a lot of members stepping up to answer these questions for Trion but nothing coming from the source. Im sitting at the edge of the dock with my feet in the water casting my line out hoping Trion will bite and start the rebuild.

Billy Guile
08-12-2013, 02:08 AM
the answer is purple

Blondin
08-12-2013, 02:31 AM
Ive been around for much longer just haven't felt the need to create an account on the forum side. These questions are not just for me Ive seen many of the same questions unanswered hidden in other posts. I feel these forums have a lack of direction putting out fires in 1000's of threads but no consolidation where the community can rebuild their trust. I find a lot of members stepping up to answer these questions for Trion but nothing coming from the source. Im sitting at the edge of the dock with my feet in the water casting my line out hoping Trion will bite and start the rebuild.
These questions have answer partly in other thread, and Dahanese did post a lot about those subject, for the rest, no CM in the world could answer those questions, it's outside their responsibility (no company could give such answer btw).
You can find those source if you search, this is not to community or to devs to make those research for you and to answer in this partcular thread (sorry if I'm rude, this is not intended).

Now, Dahanese and Trion, try to regain our trust, there is no need to know the details, we will see in the next days...

Shtakotaco
08-12-2013, 04:43 AM
These questions have answer partly in other thread, and Dahanese did post a lot about those subject, for the rest, no CM in the world could answer those questions, it's outside their responsibility (no company could give such answer btw).
You can find those source if you search, this is not to community or to devs to make those research for you and to answer in this partcular thread (sorry if I'm rude, this is not intended).

Now, Dahanese and Trion, try to regain our trust, there is no need to know the details, we will see in the next days...

I find nothing wrong with the questions asked I'm not asking for trade secrets or in depth details. Heck even if they can't answer the questions for the community I hope they are asking these questions among themselves. As for these questions already being answered maybe one or two partially possibly but after lots of digging I can't find those answers. Trion has a great asset at its disposal this community. The number of people that provide great guides is amazing but we need assurance that we are not wasting our time. I have no problem parsing numbers collecting data to test if the assassin mods are actually working and providing the stat bonuses declared or the many tests others have run on loot drops and similar dynamics. But if our testing falls on deaf ears or we don't get some sort of confirmation on findings how can we assist.

Gomly
08-12-2013, 05:14 AM
While I appreciate Dahanese and her minions .. er .. team .. communicating more, those are the only people you are likely to get answers from and they won't go in depth.

You have more chance of me smothering my body in chocolate sauce and running through a weight watchers convention than you have of a dev coming in and answering you.

Billy Guile
08-12-2013, 05:17 AM
While I appreciate Dahanese and her minions .. er .. team .. communicating more, those are the only people you are likely to get answers from and they won't go in depth.

You have more chance of me smothering my body in chocolate sauce and running through a weight watchers convention than you have of a dev coming in and answering you.

because thats what the master race does

Sonic Rain Boom
08-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Hi everyone!

We have removed a bunch of posts from this thread. Please make sure that each post you make is on topic and relevant to the discussion at hand. Even if it is lighthearted, spamming a thread with posts that have nothing to do with the original topic is still Spam!

Thanks!

SRB

Indra Echo
08-12-2013, 09:17 AM
I don't need nor do I want them to come on here and answer a whole bunch of questions. I want them to spend time on the DLC. If all people want is some Q & A session there are people that will gladly take your money for some ungodly hourly rate and will "listen" as you ask away.

There is no person alive who could possibly deal with the amount of black hole questions and demands being made here. It's like if Trion says one thing it leads to twenty more questions with one group demanding they not do what they're considering doing and another group demanding that they do follow through with what they're considering doing AND more.

How it works on this forum is Trion says the sky is blue and it's a nice day, because looking out the windows where they are it is. Someone here then posts that Trion is a bunch of liars. The poster thought it was a nice day because Trion said so, and then got rained on at the bus stop.

Someone else picks up on that and agrees and says not only that but that meant it was a supposed to be a nice day two weeks ago too but it wasn't. Someone else says that implied it would be nice all week but it rained and rained. Someone else says Trion fully knew that it wasn't a nice day and said it was nice merely to get more of everyone's money because people like to spend money on nice days.

N3gativeCr33p
08-12-2013, 09:52 AM
I don't need nor do I want them to come on here and answer a whole bunch of questions. I want them to spend time on the DLC. If all people want is some Q & A session there are people that will gladly take your money for some ungodly hourly rate and will "listen" as you ask away.

There is no person alive who could possibly deal with the amount of black hole questions and demands being made here. It's like if Trion says one thing it leads to twenty more questions with one group demanding they not do what they're considering doing and another group demanding that they do follow through with what they're considering doing AND more.

How it works on this forum is Trion says the sky is blue and it's a nice day, because looking out the windows where they are it is. Someone here then posts that Trion is a bunch of liars. The poster thought it was a nice day because Trion said so, and then got rained on at the bus stop.

Someone else picks up on that and agrees and says not only that but that meant it was a supposed to be a nice day two weeks ago too but it wasn't. Someone else says that implied it would be nice all week but it rained and rained. Someone else says Trion fully knew that it wasn't a nice day and said it was nice merely to get more of everyone's money because people like to spend money on nice days.

That's one vicious circle, isn't it? ;)

dahanese
08-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Here's a quick overview.

Delays: lots of things. We have issues with code submissions, bugs, and team workflow. You guys have a list of the known issues with the game (you made it, in many ways.) A huge way to fix delays is to rescope the work we are doing based on past problems, and we're doing that currently (and have completed much of it already.)

Delays can always happen in the future. It's our job to prevent it, not yours.

The devs are working on bugs and yes, we're still fixing them. Oat and Morgana are working this week on making sure the lists we have are properly prioritized with the current state of affairs and your needs. I've never seen 100% of bugs fixed in a game since I started working in games, but we're not going to stop improving the game.

Certain items: depends on what items, and we'll explain more as it goes. I know for stuff like "shooting from cars" it's about development time and technical resources. Same goes with social areas. They take a lot of work and we have X amount of resources to do Y amount of work and we have to make sure we pick the most important things for that bucket of Y.

If you are having an issue with compensation stuff, the best first order is to go to Customer Service and talk with them. I can't make a blanket statement about this as it is usually done on a case-by-case basis (or we announce on the blog or in the forums.)

You can help us by trying to keep issues in single threads and not repeating stuff - the more we answer the same thing, the less time we have for other stuff. Helping Morgana and Oat with whatever they ask for is also going to be a HUGE help for me.

Future: here's to hoping you and I both agree its a better situation. I don't have all the details on what the dev team is going when they move up here, but having them physically outside my office instead of down in San Diego will be awesome. I'm sure you can also tell that I've turned the philosophy of the community team on its head. The old way wasn't working. It's gone now - it's a new age!

I'd love to make a place for community guides - send 'em to me or Morgana and we can work on that for you. In terms of making it in-house, in the short term I'm resourcing my team in other ways.

Maitreakow
08-12-2013, 10:16 AM
If you are looking for Guides, might I direct your attention here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?113026-Great-List-of-Forum-Game-Guides

SiN has some fairly basic requirements for inclusion of a guide into his list...

Yewa
08-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Good to know the dev team is still working. I thought things have stalled since the announcement of the SD studio closure. Even RedAvocado seems to have vanished from the forums. (hope it's because he is hard at work).

DarknessEyes PT
08-12-2013, 10:31 AM
it's a new age!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQbm2dFWmL0

BTW by any change we are getting dlc this week?
Since the dlc only have some minor bugs, nothing major (at least i didnt find any major bug).

Shtakotaco
08-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Here's a quick overview.

Delays: lots of things. We have issues with code submissions, bugs, and team workflow. You guys have a list of the known issues with the game (you made it, in many ways.)

Thank you so much for making an attempt at my questions Dahanese I honestly appreciate it and you and your team are doing an awesome job at improving the communication here. Can we get updates on the bug issues fixed or in progresses once in a while on the bug report forum side. I know trick stated a few live streams back that the client he works on isnt the same as the one we have live and hes unaware of alot of the bugs we report. If we had updates regarding bugs fixed or in progress of fixing we can reduce reports or testing of that bug and move onto new other fixs. Also a list of suspected bugs by the community and confirmed bugs by the team. Alot of this can be done by us and is probably already started but a stickied available list of A: current bugs known and working on by staff. B: List of found bugs by community and confirmation on which are actual bugs or intended or not able to replicate. Ill work on the bug side forum to maybe consolidate any lists from our side if its not already organized. Thanks again very very much for your time we do greatly appreciate it as proven with our dedication.

If you are looking for Guides, might I direct your attention here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?113026-Great-List-of-Forum-Game-Guides

SiN has some fairly basic requirements for inclusion of a guide into his list...

Yes ive seen these guides there amazing and thank you all for the time put into them I was hoping for someone official to scan through the guides to confirm specifics if time permits. Is the information we are giving the community in these guides accurate? Do the calculations fit the dev teams known findings? Are all Syns live in game? Is toxic reallly the same as radiation and do they do the same effect? What are real drop rates? things like this ... I know they are very very busy and this isn't something im DEMANDING NOW... no this is just a request for the future to help the community that can be addressed as time permits if deemed needed.

Thanks again everyone for your input on my post :D

JxSiN
08-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Yes ive seen these guides there amazing and thank you all for the time put into them I was hoping for someone official to scan through the guides to confirm specifics if time permits. Is the information we are giving the community in these guides accurate? Do the calculations fit the dev teams known findings? Are all Syns live in game? Is toxic reallly the same as radiation and do they do the same effect? What are real drop rates? things like this ... I know they are very very busy and this isn't something im DEMANDING NOW... no this is just a request for the future to help the community that can be addressed as time permits if deemed needed.

Thanks again everyone for your input on my post :D

The guides I make as well as the other ones posted are gathered from personal research or information gathered from other people. In my extensive research into the nano effects, I have found that there is a difference between toxic and radiation, and it has been listed in my guide. I would love it if someone official would take a look at all the guides and offer their opinions or facts and help the guides be as accurate as possible. I try to only post guides with as factual info as possible. That is why I do not list guides on rating weapons, price/value scales, etc as they are by preference to an individual and what may be great for someone may be a shtako taco to another :)

Shtakotaco
08-12-2013, 01:54 PM
I have found that there is a difference between toxic and radiation, and it has been listed in my guide.

Part of the reason I asked that is I remember hearing or reading that Toxic and radiation where intended to be the same thing somewhere along development the mods and weapons put ingame got both names but it was intended for only one. They also stated in the future the names would be consolidated to just either Toxic or Radiation.

It is very interesting that Acid/Toxic is still showing up. During Alpha testing, Trion's Gary Stelmack, Senior Combat Designer, stated that Acid/Toxic should not be in the game, that the effect was very similar to Radiation, and that all Acid/Toxic weapons would be patched to Radiation. Looks like they missed a few items.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?23105-GUIDE-Nano-Effect-Symbols/page8&highlight=radiation+toxic

JxSiN
08-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Yeah at first I even said they were the same in my guide but after people said they noticed a difference I tested them both out. Toxic was 20% radiation was 25%

Edit: toxic originally was suppose to be a rad/bio combo. So I'm wondering if the lower percentage reflects that and the bio was removed completely

Wiggle Pooh
08-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Yeah at first I even said they were the same in my guide but after people said they noticed a difference I tested them both out. Toxic was 20% radiation was 25%

Edit: toxic originally was suppose to be a rad/bio combo. So I'm wondering if the lower percentage reflects that and the bio was removed completely

I thought one was supposed to increase damage done to the target by everyone, and the other is just you?

JxSiN
08-12-2013, 02:53 PM
I thought one was supposed to increase damage done to the target by everyone, and the other is just you?

I think both are increased for everyone. Something new I can check out. Yay